Reader Shyra wrote in with her queries about eye care – eye cream and eye makeup remover specifically. Here’s her query:-
Hi Paris. I just came across your blog today and I’m happy that you’re kind enough to provide information on some products. Thanks for your review! :)
Btw, I have 2 questions for you:
* I have a very bad dark circles (and there’s puffiness) can you recommend any products that is good for it? Any eye cream and/or mask?
* Can you recommend to me which brand gives the best face and eye make up remover (not in oil type as I was told not to use the oil type) as I’m looking for these products.
Your recommendations are much appreciated. Thank you :)
To answer Shyra I split the questions into 2 – eye cream and eye makeup remover.
For eye cream, I’ve used a couple of products:-
- Garnier Roll On eye treatment – fun but no discernible results for me other than a cooling sensation on the skin.
- Strivectin SD eye cream – helps with fine lines, less so with puffiness and dark eye circles
- Dior Capture Instant Rescue Eye Treatment – visibly depuffs puffy eyes almost immediately and brightens the eye area – good for mornings when you wake up looking and feeling like some bug eyed monster! Review coming up! ;)
For eye and face makeup remover, Shyra prefers something non oil based out of which I’ve used:-
- Elianto Eye makeup remover – decent and mild
- Kanebo Eye makeup remover – mild and does its job well
- L’Oreal Eye and Lip makeup remover – the 2 toned blue one that you have to shake before use. Very mild and takes off eye makeup well
- Neutrogena Deep Clean lotion makeup remover – Non oily lotion makeup remover that takes everything off cleanly but can sting the eyes
- Clarins Cream makeup remover – Cleans the skin but gave me clogged pores if I use it too often
I know many readers are proponents of cleansing oil as I am too. However since Shyra prefers a non-cleansing oil makeup remover, do share your non-cleansing oil choices k?
What are your recommendations for:-
- eye cream
- face and eye makeup remover