Teehee… Kermit is green and I don’t seem to recall him ever wearing eyeshadow but hey, made ya look! :) Anyway, I love green eyeshadow – ask anyone who’s known me long enough. I wear green of every hue available at any given opportunity. I get the most compliments when wearing green eyeshadow so I must be doing something right! When I want a pick me up in the middle of a long week, I wear green and last week, I was inspired by Karen‘s MAC Golden Olive pigment tutorial.
The thing is, I have MAC’s Golden Olive pigment on hand – their pigments are the only MAC products next to brushes that I like but I did not have the rest of the products Karen used. So, whats the next best thing to do? Improvise of course!
These are the products I used to create what I called the “Green Eyed Monster” look :)
The products I used were:-
- MAC Golden Olive Pigment
- L’oreal On the Loose powder eyeshadow in Gold Thrush
- Bobbi Brown Sepia gel eyeliner
- Jane EyeZing in Magic Mushroom
- Wet n Wild Amazon Trio – only Emerald green
You don’t have to use the same products I do so long as you find similar colours or shades.
Here is what my green eyed look looked like.
- MAC Golden Olive pigment all over my eyelid
- Sepia gel liner to line
- Magic Mushroom at the outer corners for definition
- Emerald green mixed with Magic Mushroom to line the bottom lash
- Gold Thrush on inner corners and brow bone
The picture on the left seems to get the colours right while the one on the right shows how it looks when the light hits i.e. gold-green. I don’t dare call this a tutorial for green eyeshadow because its not but its an easy look to duplicate which I think will suit many so give it a shot! :)
Do you like green eyeshadow? Are you afraid of green eyeshadow?