Living in a tropical country, its always summer all year round and that might explain why I am always that little bit more interested in Summer and Fall collections than Spring. When the Estee Lauder Fuschia Now collection for Spring turned my head, I had to check out what they had in store for Summer 2009. I’m glad to note that Estee Lauder has impressed me once again.
This is the upcoming Vivid Garden Collection from Estee Lauder for Summer 2009. I read reports that said that it was exclusive to the Far East (that means us! Yay!) but I cannot confirm it. It will also be available at Harvey Nichols in the UK. I don’t suppose some one from Estee Lauder is reading this and can confirm the availability of this collection?
The items in the Vivid Garden collection seem to be:-
- Vivid Garden Illuminating Powder – This one looks like a soft pink highlight powder. I think I’d prefer this one to the one from the Spring 2009 collection which I found a tad too pink on the skin. I love the imprint on this one too!
- Jasmine Garden Eyeshadow Quad – There seem to be 4 light pastel shades. Colours I’d associate more with Spring than Summer and colours I find hard to wear so I’d probably pass on this one.
- Lotus Blossom Illuminating Gloss – A sweet pink gloss. Check out the print on the tube. So pretty!
I’ll check this collection out in stores if I know when its coming in. 🙂 The colours do look very light and Spring-y which is rather strange eh?
Also, for Summer 2009 is the Bronze Goddess collection. With summer comes bronzing and tanning so instead of soaking up the sun’s rays and destroying your skin in the process, fake a tan with these:-
For Summer 2009 there will be:-
- Bronze Goddess Soft Duo Bronzer
- Bronze Goddess SunBlush Illuminator – this one looks pretty even if I’m not one for bronzers
- Bronze Beauty Sand & Sea Eyeshadow Palette – This palette seems to contain existing eyeshadow colours and I might be mistaken but I seem to recall a similar looking palette from previous years.
I find the 2 collections quite a contrast with each other. One is light and pale and the other is bronzed. One seems more suited for Spring while the other is clearly a summer collection.
Estee Lauder just got interesting again 🙂