Regular readers may notice that I don’t write a lot about perfumes or fragrances. Its not that I don’t like them. Which girl doesn’t? Its just that fragrances have a character all their own and from previous experience, I found that I was smelling things no one else was! For example, I would smell a rose scent when no one did and would be absolutely puzzled that anyone would smell lemons when I don’t. That’s when I realised that I don’t have a nose for perfumes.
That said however, there’s going to be a new offering from Escada perfumes that promises something big. The scent is Escada Incredible Me.
Escada Incredible Me was inspired by tiramisu. Have you ever smelt a truly delicious tiramisu? Vanilla, marsala, mascarpone cheese… it is truly divine and this is what Incredible Me offers. I was offered a generous sample of Incredible Me recently and I have been impressed. I’ve never really used Escada perfumes, but this one’s different.
When I saw that it was inspired by Tiramisu, I was afraid that it might smell too sweet. However, I was happy to note that it doesn’t. There is a nice fresh citrus top note which tempers the creaminess of the scent as it mellows down into a sensous dusky scent. I found that just a little spritz is enough or risk being less incredible and more overpowering. The good thing of course is that it will then take you further!
I tested this both in the day and at night and I must say that I prefer Escada Incredible Me for the night. It exudes a musky sexy scent that is unique and quite unlike any other perfume I’ve used before. Used in the day, use it light.
The packaging for Escada Incredible Me has been kept minimal. I like that although I felt the black on clear pink glass was quite stark. It is unusual for women’s perfume to have such a strong contrast bottle, but its certainly setting the standard. No opaque pastel shades here! The cap however is gorgeous. It looks just like a gem so if you imagine this on your vanity table it looks a right treat!
Escada’s Incredible Me perfume is targeted at the modern feminine and sophisticated woman. She knows what she wants and she knows she’s incredible to get it in her own elegant self-confident way. I say “woman” because this scent is definitely not one for the young girls. Here are 10 tips for being that Incredible Me woman even if you don’t use the perfume (yet)
- Make an Entrance. There’s no need to be dramatic. Just exude self-confidence. Remember, arrogance is easily confused with self-confidence so tread carefully.
- See and be seen. If its your scene, seek out the hotspots where people gather to see and be seen. If you are like me and detest loud noises but enjoy good food, seek out the good eats in town. Its easy to be seen as well by other foodies.
- Pamper yourself! I’ve worked out that manicures and pedicures aren’t for me, but facials are my pampering luxury. I relish the 2 hours I have being pampered and my skin treated. Lovely! Oh and massages too of course to work out all those knots from sitting before the computer everyday writing this! 😉
- Don’t be a fashion follower but a trend setter. Easier said than done but don’t follow trends. If you really have to, keep your trendy stuff to a minimum. Remember trends come and go but classics remain incredible forever.
- Be Sociable. Being sociable isn’t just about going for parties and clubbing. Its about having a good time with friends and colleagues. So, you can be sociable at a coffee house as you can in a club.
- Gadget geek. You called? Yep that’s me a gadget geek. I love new gadgets which is why vibrating mascaras attract me haha…
- Shall we dance? Not if you have two left feet like I do. I do know a friend who loves dancing. Its an excellent way to keep trim and have lots of fun at the same time.
- Shop smart. Its easy to get carried away, but don’t just shop, shop smart and you’ll get all the best deals at the best prices! Remember trends fade so don’t spend too much on trendy items but splurge on classics.
- Help someone in need. I’ve been thinking about this ever since I watched an episode of Oprah’s Big Give. I’m thinking of working out something that could help someone in need but its taking me a while. I should work harder at it. Note to self.
- Take it easy. Stress ages and gives you wrinkles and lines. Take things easy and don’t sweat the small stuff. Easier said than done, but I’ve been through one of the most stressful periods of my life and my skin did not thank me for it. Now, I’m adopting a more easy going approach and hey, when you think happy thoughts, happy things happen! Learn from Nikki and SMILE! 😀
When you have done all you can to look and feel truly incredible, run out and get the Escada Incredible Me perfume which is launching in Malaysia in October 2008. Here’s a price list of the Incredible me perfume and related products:-
ESCADA Incredible Me EDP 30ml RM 147-00
ESCADA Incredible Me EDP 50ml RM 213-00
ESCADA Incredible Me EDP 75ml RM 275-00
ESCADA Incredible Me Deospray 150ml RM 101-00
ESCADA Incredible Me Shower Gel 200ml RM 101-00
ESCADA Incredible Me Body Lotion 200ml RM 112-00
I think its priced at a reasonable price range all things considered and it will certainly make you feel incredible not to mention make your dressing table look pretty incredible too! Besides, Christmas is just around the corner so its not too early to start leaving some hints 😉