Facials are, as we all know, a luxury. First of all, is the luxury of time. Expect to spend at least an hour to an hour and a half at the salon. Secondly, is the luxury of cost. Facials don’t come cheap and regular facials can add up in cost.
Based on my own experience, I’d say that regular facials are a great help to improving the look and texture of the skin. I go to the Kanebo salon for my facials. I’m not saying its the best but its the one I’m most comfortable with. There are many places you can go to for facials, some of which are cheaper and some of which are more expensive than others.
Why I like going for facials is because:
- I get to relax and sleep. Sleeping or relaxing relaxes your facial muscles and skin and helps your skin absorb the facial products better.
- Having someone clean your face for you is a luxury. Yes, we all know how to clean our faces, but having someone else do it for once while you relax is a great feeling. Plus, extractions done under such an environment don’t usually leave scars because the facialists are trained to recognise what can be extracted and what can’t, unlike if you were to try it at home.
- Facial massage. Believe me, you just can’t do the facial massage on your own face. The effect just isn’t the same. So, just as you would pay for a body massage, I’d pay for a facial massage.
- Salon products and essences are more potent. Some of these salon products are activated by the machines used, to encourage your skin cells to be more active. Very few people have the luxury of having facial machines in the home.
- My skin has never looked better. When I started going for regular facials, I found that my skin had improved in texture and look. I had fewer breakouts and my skintone looked more even.
You are recommended to have a facial done once every 3 weeks, but I find that too much of a luxury, so I go once a month or so, depending on my schedule. My face always feels very clean and moisturised at the end of every facial, and the skin looks translucent, which is pretty amazing.
So yes, I’d say that for me, regular facials are necessary. Next, I’ll list some tips for choosing your facial salon based on my own experiences.