What the… ??
Skin as smooth as fresh snow is what I’m going for 🙂
Skincare is always a tricky thing to get as gifts. Well, unless you already know what your friends are using and what their concerns are and what they are allergic to! Here are my picks for the best of skincare in 2009 – available in department stores and pharmacies.
For acne prone skin or oily skin:-
- I like the Vichy Pore Refining Essence from Vichy Laboratoires – it works so well for me to reduce pores.
- Cellnique Skin Action Serum gel is great for melting black and whiteheads and reducing spots.
- Kiehl’s Rare Earth pore refining masque helps get rid of oil, and leaves skin feeling smooth.
For anti-aging or older skin:-
- For a touch of luxury, I’d get Elemis – the Marine Recovery cream which is crazy awesome but it is only found at selected spas for now – notably at Mandara Spas in and around Kuala Lumpur (I know of Renaissance Hotel and Sheraton Imperial Hotel).
- Not quite luxury but still in the expensive range of skincare is Lancome Primordiale Nuit which is an amazing night cream I like too and have for years.
- Dior Capture XP Nuit overnight recovery serum seems to be working well for me now that I’m nearly done with the bottle!