Yay! I got it! 😀
This is the Dior Travel in Dior palette that I was eyeing at Changi Airport and on the plane. I had it purchased for me at S$66 ($69 if you do not have a Krisflyer card) and I think its pretty decent although I’d safely say not everyone will like it.
Travel palettes are usually hit and miss
I am usually not drawn to travel palettes from any brand because I’m picky about colours and product combinations. I have a YSL travel palette I barely use because the colours just don’t appeal much to me and it looks like too much going on in one palette. I don’t think the quality is compromised in most travel palettes of the bigger cosmetics houses though – you get more or less the same quality of products as you do otherwise, but you might get some special colours not found in the normal line.
However, I was drawn to this Dior palette for these reasons:-
- The little face/blush brush, lip brush and dual sponge tipped applicator were kept in a separate section of the velveteen pouch the palette nestles in.
- The palette is an all in one face palette without mascara or tube lipgloss. I detest it when the mascara or lipgloss is finished and you have a hole where they used to be.
The palette is just slightly larger than the Dior eyeshadow quads and contains:-
- 4 eyeshadow shades (all shimmery) – light pink, purple-grey, grey and white
- 1 powder blush – Rose Dragee – a straight pink
- 1 face powder – 002 beige – a little too beige for me
- 1 lipgloss – A Lick of Taffy – beige shimmer
- 1 lipstick – Cosmic Rose – rose with no shimmer