in FOTD,Lipstick,Makeup,New on shelves,Product Reviews

Reviewed by:
Rating:
On May 26, 2014
Last modified:May 25, 2014

Summary:

Those of you who have been following my Instagram would have been waiting for this review that I teased you with last week hehe… I am as usual, late to the party since the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine lipsticks have been around for almost 2 months now. But as they say, better late than never! After all, it’s a permanent item so there’s no LE rush *whew!*

On a side note, I’m starting to move away from LE products. I’ll expound on my theory in a separate post but am just throwing the idea out there because I’ve been so consistently disappointed lately, I’m planning to just stick with the tried and true permanent items with few exceptions. Now that’s off my chest, let’s talk lipstick! icon biggrin With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

estee lauder pure color envy shine lipstick With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

Estee Lauder has a new lipstick range! After I had given it a good ol’ rave on IG, I was made to realise that Asia gets a whole different range of Pure Color Envy Sculpting lipsticks! What’s this obsession with segregating the world into Asia exclusive and non-Asia exclusives eh? icon razz With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

That aside, the one we get is the Pure Color Envy SHINE Sculpting Lipstick which is supposed to have a lighter, sheerer formula with a shine, as compared to the regular range available in the rest of the world. Not having seen the other one I will reserve comment, but I will tell you that I FREAKING LOVE THESE!

Ahem, yes I’ll get a grip of myself now icon razz With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

Despite it being supposedly sheerer, I wouldn’t pay too much heed to that. The colour I have is Blossom Bright 250 which is a lovely bright yet soft pink-berry that is opaque in one swipe. Yep, just one swipe. Let me demonstrate.

estee lauder bright blossom swatch With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Sculpting Lipstick Blossom Bright 250 Left: 1 swipe Right: 3 swipes from tube

Can you tell the difference?

Nope, me neither. I love how the colour is pretty much opaque with just 1 swipe straight from the tube and it’s a beautiful colour to boot! There is no tugging and the lightweight formula quite literally glides over lips leaving a beautiful pigmented coat of colour with some shine (but not gaudy shimmer or glitter). It hugs your lips without once feeling drying or heavy or uncomfortable and I must say, I was impressed the moment it touched my lips.

estee lauder bright blossom pure envy With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

I did like the previous versions of Pure Color lipsticks which you see in the picture but I know people often find the texture heavy and there is always that signature Fig scent that can be off-putting. I don’t mind it on some days but I mind terribly on other days so I don’t get a lot of wear from them.

So imagine how happy I was when I took the Pure Color Envy Shine lipstick up close to my nose, took a healthy sniff (it’s ok, I don’t share my lipsticks so my cooties are my own) and discovered NO SCENT! Not a hint of perfume or fig or berry or rose. Hallelujah! For this reason alone, combined with the gorgeous formula, I’m calling a buy on this beauty!

estee lauder pure color envy shine tube With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

And that’s even before I wax lyrical about the packaging. The new Pure Color Envy Shine lipsticks come in a terribly sleek and hefty navy blue case with a gold coloured tip at the cap. There is absolutely nothing on the body that says what brand it is. The only hint you get is the name embossed in the top of the cap.

The cap closes with a magnet which is terribly modern, but I was just so impressed with the sleek silhouette and luxe case that is a significant shift away from the previous gaudy gold and plastic packaging. I love it. Have I said that already? icon razz With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

When I mentioned the lovely texture of the lipstick and how smitten I was with it, a friend on IG noted that Estee Lauder owns Tom Ford, which is lauded for their lipsticks and that had me thinking that maybe, just maybe, some of the technology and influence had rubbed off on the mother brand. For sure, this new Pure Color Envy Shine lipstick range is stunning and I’m already plotting to get more. I haven’t been this excited about an Estee Lauder lipstick in years. Or ever icon razz With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

So after all that rather incoherent raving and flapping my hands about, here’s what Blossom Bright looks like when I wear it.

el envy bright blossom2 With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

Blossom Bright is a very lovely skintone brightening colour that isn’t as in your face as a red lipstick yet is bright enough to draw attention. I’ve just applied 1 layer straight from the bullet and I just love how it goes on and how it looks and how well it wears. I have no problem with it fading and I wear it for hours from the morning till lunchtime when I will usually wipe everything off and start over. So that’s a good 5 hours at least.

I can’t think of anything bad to say about this lipstick so if you find a colour you like, get it. I can almost promise you, you won’t regret it… and you might even want another, like I do icon smile With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

In a nutshell

The Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Sculpting lipstick is a new range of lipsticks that is exclusive to Asia. Outside of Asia, it is the non-shine version. The texture is lovely being at once lightweight yet creamy and not drying yet pigmented and opaque in one swipe. I do not find this one sheer at all, which is good news for me but bad news for those who prefer sheer lip colours. There is a shine which is very flattering but it isn’t over the top so it works well in conservative working environments. The colour I have, Blossom Bright 250, is a very flattering colour and one I feel will flatter many, and especially will attract those who prefer brighter lip colours. It isn’t too bright and is just right. The packaging is sleek and the cap closes with a magnet and I find it very elegant and luxurious. I’ve nothing bad to say, only good things so I’ll stop here. Get one!

Pros: No scent, Pigmented, Opaque in 1 swipe, Soft shine on lips, Lightweight yet creamy texture, Not drying, Longlasting for at least 5 hours

Cons: None

Who will like this: Anyone who likes pigmented, opaque, creamy lip colours with some shine, Anyone who likes unscented lipsticks

el envy bright blossom With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

I might even say that these lipsticks remind me of the Rouge Dior and feels like a mash up between Rouge Dior and Dior Addict. Next to Tom Ford regular lipsticks, these aren’t as hard but feel impressively comfortable so I’d even pick this because TF lipsticks have a scent haha! At this moment, you could say that these can do no wrong so I’ll pick this as my favourite lipstick du jour because it hits all the right spots for me. My next problem is getting more. Yes, I’m obsessive that way icon biggrin With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

Have you tried the Pure Color Envy Shine lipsticks and have a favourite colour? If you’re outside of Asia, have you tried the Pure Color Envy lipsticks and do you like them?

I can’t compare the two formulas as I don’t have access to the non-shine version, but I was told those have a scent so I’m already feeling a bit iffy about them. That said, I’m not going to prejudge, so if I have access, I’ll get one to compare but for now, if you can get the Pure Color Envy Shine lipsticks, do. I love them and if you have a favourite colour, let me know – I might like it too! icon biggrin With the attention I give the Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine, my other lipsticks are feeling envious

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Shine Lipsticks come in 16 shades locally Price: RM98 Availability: Estee Lauder counters

Disclosure: Featured product was a press sample for consideration. Our commitment is to honesty and fairness. For posting guidelines please read the disclaimer.

teresa May 26, 2014 at 10:20 am

It’s quite odd — here in NZ we seem to get a mix of Asia and non-Asia products. We get the regular EL lipsticks, but I know in the past I’ve picked up an Asia-only YSL polish. Chanel blushes are the Asia/Euro baked formula. I guess being in Oceania, it’s kind of whatever the brands decide our market belongs to?

Regardless, this Shine incarnation seems to be lovely! It would be interesting to compare the two!

May 26, 2014 at 6:06 pm

You know what that means, Teresa? You get the best of both worlds! :D Or maybe it depends on what the general population prefers? This one is really lovely and I’m not sure which you’ll get but maybe you might even get both! ;)

plue
May 26, 2014 at 10:54 am

don’t see you do the duck face often! you look cute lah!

i’ll most probably pick one up one of these days… Lipsticks are currently my next vice after blushes. ahahahah!

out of topic for a bit, have you gotten fairer? you do seem to look brighter/ fairer? or is the lipstick working it’s magic? :P
plue recently blogged…Happy Chinese New Year & Huat Ahhhh!My Profile

May 26, 2014 at 6:08 pm

LOL Thanks Plue – couldn’t take myself seriously. And yes, these are lovely lipsticks and I want to get another shade, but I can’t quite figure out which yet >.< Oh and thanks for the compliment but no I haven’t gotten fairer haha – I think it’s just the lighting and the base makeup that makes it look that way. Or maybe because my blush was so pink LOL!

Seraph May 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I’ve read about some advertorials about this new EL lipstick and people were raving about it… was slightly doubtful at first, but now reading from you, I’m tempted!

May 26, 2014 at 6:09 pm

LOL Thanks for putting your trust in me Seraph :D Wish I got paid to write an advertorial then, don’t I? ;) If you do get one, do let me know which colour you got? I’m eyeing another but can’t decide which!

Sunny
May 26, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Hey Paris, whoa this one is goooooorgeous on you!!! I have tried the European version and I do like it, but I am definitely going to check the Asian formula out when I can as well! This actually looks very pigmented to me, and I like the glossiness!
Sunny recently blogged…New for Summer 2014: Dior Addict Eau de ToiletteMy Profile

May 26, 2014 at 6:10 pm

Hey there Sunny! Thanks lovely :) I read the EU/USA version is much more pigmented and there is a bit of a scent – is there? And yes, do check out this Shine version too. I have a sneaky feeling you’ll like it a lot (and if you do, I think Blossom Bright would look amazing on you too!)

Sunny
May 26, 2014 at 6:13 pm

There is a very light vanilla scent that I personally don’t find unpleasant. Estee Lauder has definitely come a LONG way since that horrifying fig scent!

May 26, 2014 at 6:15 pm

haha indeed! That Fig scent used to drive me crazy. Some days I’d be ok and on other days, I just want to toss them out!

Victoria May 26, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I second Plue on what she said – have you gotten fairer or could it be the foundation you are wearing or perhaps this lipstick colour did the trick? LOL. The colour looks lovely on you by the way. I will definitely check this out. Your lipstick reviews have been spot on for me and I have ended up buying the ones you recommended. Hahaha. I was never a fan of EL lipsticks because I found them drying but will definitely consider it after this review :-)

May 26, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Haha thanks Victoria! :) As I mentioned to Plue, I think it’s just good lighting + base makeup. I can’t remember what I used for base, but I think I used the NARS Light Reflecting Powder here. Maybe it’s reflecting all the light? hehe… ;) This reminded me of a more pigmented Dior Addict, if that makes sense? Even more so than Addict Extreme. It doesn’t feel hard like the previous EL lippies so it’s very comfy. Hope you’ll like it too! x

ktee May 26, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I got this colour too! After the SA put it on me, it brightened my complexion immediately. In the end i bought this colour instead of Innocent, which i was going to get during their launching promo. I never thought i could carry such a colour. Unfortunately it was sold out at my regular EL counter. Well, I shall wait patiently for it to arrive..

May 31, 2014 at 9:21 am

Hurray for good taste, Ktee! ;) It’s a beautiful shade that I think everyone should own! I hope you get your hands on it soon and wear it often ;)

Jacqueline May 26, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Ooh I like that these have a hint of shine to them Paris and Blossom looks fantastic on you. You are seriously tempting me with these. I’m definitely going to visit the counter for swatches when I go to town.

May 31, 2014 at 9:21 am

I like that hint of shine too! I think it looks better somehow, like plumped up lips without all the gloss :D Would love to know your thoughts if you check them out Jacqueline! x

ishi May 26, 2014 at 9:17 pm

hahaha “Modern”…who uses this word anymore these days anyway…… very Mma Ramotswe like.. :)

But ooh…you look good on the colour. I was slightly tempted (clutched and stashed money back into purse)…

May 31, 2014 at 9:22 am

LOL!! Ishi, you just reminded me I should re-read the Mma Ramotswe books (Ran out of reading material :P ) On the bright side, these are permanent so if you’re ever in need of a pick me up, you know where to look! ;)

Felix May 27, 2014 at 3:56 am

Oh noooo why didnt u write this awesome review before the sephora member sales lol now I wana get it for full price regardless! Ur taste in lipstick is really good. It looks gorgeous on you.

May 31, 2014 at 9:23 am

Haha oops! :P I’m not sure if I saw it at Sephora (but I wasn’t looking so I can’t be sure) Still, they are permanent so there’s the next sale to look forward to (or the 10% off next purchase!) Thanks Felix, it’s easy when you’re working with a gorgeous lipstick to start with :D

Claire May 27, 2014 at 4:14 am

ha, moar duck face please :P the shades look very fresh. I didn’t care for the texture at all for some reason. and I already have so many shades I just like more :D
Claire recently blogged…Rainy DaysMy Profile

May 31, 2014 at 9:25 am

LOL I’m so bad with duck faces. How do people actually look cute in them?! :P The texture is a little like Dior Addict if you can imagine but more intense than Extreme LOL I love textures like that which might explain why I love these but I’m also really curious about the Pure Color Envy lipsticks that the rest of the world gets. I hear they’re lovely and creamy!

Applegal May 27, 2014 at 8:30 am

Very pretty!!!!! Love the FOTD! What did you use on your eyes? The blush is gorgeous too btw

May 31, 2014 at 9:26 am

Thank you Applegal :) I used the Urban Decay Naked2 palette for eyes and the Hourglass Radiant Magenta for cheeks :)

Joy May 27, 2014 at 3:05 pm

the blush is gorgeous. what is it? i’m currently obsessed with the new dior addict fluid sticks but that’s probably a formula preference. i like pigmented lip colors that have good wear time but high gloss factor
Joy recently blogged…Tatcha Ritual Discovery Kit: First ImpressionsMy Profile

May 31, 2014 at 9:58 am

It’s the Hourglass Radiant Magenta blush, thanks Joy! :) I personally wasn’t much of a fan of the Dior Fluid Sticks. Loved the colours and intensity, but not keen on the texture, but then I seem to be really in the minority on that one :D

Joy June 1, 2014 at 3:03 am

it can be a little thick but it’s a plus for me because it’s super moisturizing and nothing wrong with being in the minority!
Joy recently blogged…Smitten with Smitten Kitchen; Avocado Cup Salad, Two ways RevisedMy Profile

June 1, 2014 at 10:41 am

I love their colours though. I make a face whenever I apply them but when I see how pretty they look, I almost always forgive the texture a little LOL

Ting May 29, 2014 at 1:10 pm

HAHAHAHA!! Love the tag heading that your other lipsticks are feeling envious! :p Yay to bright lips! Always love it. I don’t mind the fig smell, really. And to see that you put no cons to its rating… really that good huh? :p

May 31, 2014 at 10:59 am

Yes, unfortunately it really is that good LOL! :D At least I love this and it’s been really long since I actually loved a lip product!