Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

in Events,Makeup,Musings,Skincare

About 3 weeks back, thanks to the generosity of the people at Bobbi Brown Malaysia, we held a Masterclass for 8 lucky My Women Stuff readers. So many of you had expressed your intention to attend but we only had very limited spaces so hopefully we get to do this again another time icon smile Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

mws bb event Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

I loved how they set up social media hashtag reminders around the store!

The reason it’s taken me so long to provide the round up is due to an oversight on my part. The morning I arrived at the Bobbi Brown store at Pavilion KL and took out my camera, everything that could go wrong, did. I’d forgotten to charge my battery and it was flat! Grr…

Thankfully, a proper professional photographer was on hand for the session and I only just got the images so all the photos you see here are credited to the wonderful photographer hired by Bobbi Brown Malaysia. (Thank goodness for their foresight!)

I thought I’d just show you quickly what went on on the day because it’s not everyday I get to co-host an event icon biggrin Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass? And for those who attended, a nice way to relive the morning and spot your pretty faces! icon smile Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

mws bb event collage food Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

The set up was lovely and we had taken over the entire Bobbi Brown Pavilion KL store! There were lots of lovely flowers set up and snacks were provided by way of deliciously flaky pastries and cheesecakes from Komugi. I often think back longingly to those delicious mini croissants and wish I’d stuffed my face more than I did that morning LOL Part of the fun of an event is always the food, so good food is always very memorable.

mws bb event collage people Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

While waiting for everyone to arrive, everyone had free rein of the store. Yes, feel free to swatch, play, dab, swab everything in store! It was also a nice opportunity for me to catch up with everyone and put faces to online handles. I loved that part because for the most part, most people could spot me, but I had no idea who was who! LOL So yes, fun times icon biggrin Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

mws bb event collage class Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

The Masterclass workshop had its focus on a natural look with some basics and an introduction to the Bobbi Brown skincare and basic makeup. It was conducted by Bobbi Brown Trainer extraordinaire Carina, who was a fountain of information (I was in a corner most of the time tapping away on my phone, taking notes – so many tips to pick up that I hope to share in a separate post icon wink Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass? ) and who very sportingly demonstrated all the tips, steps, procedures and makeup on herself!

So, everyone had to remove their makeup *gasp!* and then proceed to try the skincare. Here were some tidbits of skincare information I picked up:-

• When using a cleansing oil or cleansing balm, start with the nose area because that’s where it’s oiliest and quite possibly ‘dirtiest’ so massage in your cleansing oil/balm and then move on to cheeks, forehead and lastly the eyes. If you use waterproof makeup, use a waterproof eye makeup remover separately.
  • Apply eye cream as the first step after using toner. This is so you don’t forget, and so your hands don’t have too much oils from them from applying moisturiser.
  • It isn’t necessary to apply eye cream on your lids. Lids have a different skin structure and tend to be oily and if you apply eye cream in the day it can cause your makeup to crease. Apply on the under eye area and on the orbital bone.

mws bb event collage people2 Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

Once skin was prepped and plumped up with moisture, it was time to put on the war paint! Erm… as naturally as possible of course icon razz Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass? The focus was on a simple, natural look so there was great emphasis on how to apply a corrector to correct uneven skintone especially around the undereye area and how to use a concealer and then base foundation where you need it to get an even toned look. Once you get that right, it’s more than half the battle won.

mws bb event collage people3 Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

The rest of the makeup was kept very simple – brows, bright lipstick to perk up the complexion and a pretty blush is pretty much all you need to get you through the day!

If you have very little time in the morning, Carina shared a great tip to get your base makeup (foundation, concealer, powder etc) right and then draw in brows and colour in a bright lip and bright cheeks, and you’re ready to face the day. Use mascara if you like, or in my case, I draw in a liner or tightline to define my eyes if I’m not bothered to put on eyeshadow. A lot of the time, I rub on some cream shadow, if I really want some colour.

But Carina was right. A brighter cheek colour adds the bloom of youth and vitality to your complexion and if you’re feeling brave, a brighter lip draws attention away from the lack of makeup on the eye area. It’s far easier, faster and more error-free to slick on a lipstick than to fuss around with eye colours; and you’re good to go! icon biggrin Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

I love that most people took the opportunity to try a bright coloured lip. There’s really no better time to! Doesn’t everyone just look fabulous? icon biggrin Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

mws bb event collage Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

And YES! I finally remembered to grab a group picture for once! icon razz Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass? Ok, so 2 of my friends had toddled off by then but I still managed to get 98% of everyone there. Thank you to the wonderful team at Bobbi Brown Malaysia and the Pavilion KL store who helped make this a success icon smile Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

mws bb event group Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

Thank you too to the readers who joined us and spent your morning with us - JK, Dee, Hsu Jen, Fireangel, Deepa. Ina Yorendra, Shija Rahim, Sasha. I hope you guys had fun. I know I did, especially because so so many of you turned out to be long time readers! Wow, I’m honoured! icon biggrin Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

And to prove just how much fun I had, here’s my favourite photo of the day.

mws bb event laugh Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

No, I have no idea what I was laughing at and no, I don’t know why Fireangel looks so sneaky. Maybe she caused this outburst LOL! icon wink Remember that day when we had the MWS x Bobbi Brown Masterclass?

xoxo

LeGeeque March 28, 2014 at 8:39 am

I love that LMAO pic of you. If there ever was a perfect candid moment, this has to be it! Glad it went without a hitch. Someone needs to come up with a teleporter man! :P

Oh, was Xin sneering up there? Possibly? I remember I was texting her getting her to pick a colour for me. Maybe she was sneering at me? :P Gotta have a word with that woman..

April 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Haha I’m not sure what she was doing to be honest :D Thanks, I loved that picture too and I can’t for the life of me imagine what it was about but it was just so perfect :D I agree re: teleporter. Why hasn’t anyone invented one already?!

Tine @ Beautyholics Anonymous
March 28, 2014 at 9:05 am

Aww this looked like so much fun! Everyone had such a great time, you could see it in their faces :D

PS: Love the last photo ;)

April 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Thanks Tine! :D I hope they did – it turned out longer than we anticipated LOL

AnT March 28, 2014 at 9:20 am

Wow! Komugi Hanjuku baked cheese!!

All of you had so much fun :D You looked so cheerful and so happy :D LOL! :D

April 3, 2014 at 1:31 pm

I hope everyone did! The snacks were SO GOOD! I stuffed my face with at least 3 chocolate croissants and I don’t even eat chocolate! :P

xin
March 28, 2014 at 9:21 am

Oh look I spot me! Was probably choosing a colour for Geek too :D

Please have more of these!

April 3, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Haha I’ll try! :D

FireAngel March 28, 2014 at 10:46 am

Thank you so so much for having me! I had a lovely time! Felt like a fat kid in a candy store LOL. Am so glad to have finally met you in person after nearly … what, 7 (?) years of stalking your blog? :)

P/s: Loving that last pic! hehehe. Got more pics ar?

April 3, 2014 at 1:32 pm

I’m happy you enjoyed it FA :D It was such a pleasure meeting you too – finally! There are a couple more pix but none as fun as what I’ve shared here :D

Hannah March 28, 2014 at 10:48 am

It looks like you had a really fun time!

I’ll have to try out the tip of using a bright lip to draw attention away from my tired eyes ;)

April 3, 2014 at 1:37 pm

It’s a very useful tip especially if you don’t have time to do eye makeup too

Victoria March 28, 2014 at 11:40 am

I love the pictures! You gals looked like you had so much fun. Must have more of these in the future :-)

April 3, 2014 at 1:37 pm

I hope everyone did, Victoria :D I hope to have more but it will depend on the goodwill of the brands – let’s see how that goes ;)

shasha March 28, 2014 at 1:11 pm

aww looks like everyone had a blast! and that last pic of you is gorgeous! =) you really need to organize more of these soon, would love to be part of it <3

April 3, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I hope to Shasha :) As I was telling Victoria, it will depend a lot on the goodwill of the brands to hold these events but I’ll definitely do my best and I hope to have you at future ones too :)

Sunny
March 28, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Hey Paris, you look RADIANT and so do your readers! I’ve been to a workshop or two like this. It’s a great way to get the basics right! I also like it when the artists pick a lip shade for me, something I didn’t think would look that good (but they’re almost always right)!

April 3, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Aww thank you Sunny! :D I agree with you about the basics. We sometimes tend to forget how important they are to get right and once they do, everything else flows from there! :D I love the chance to play with new colours at events like this too. After all, it’s just makeup :D

Fathin March 28, 2014 at 10:39 pm

I wish I have opportunity to go to a workshop like this; skin care to makeup, day to night look, right/flattering shades, etc etc ;) Alas, I live in East Malaysia so rare to none chance. What I always do is whenever I meet my favourite BB makeup artist at a standalone store, I ask questions and get tips as much as I can. Being in person is so much better :D

April 3, 2014 at 1:41 pm

Aww it’s a pity you’re so far away Fathin! But who knows, maybe in future if the stars align, and we have another event and you can make it, I’d love to have you :D If you go to BB a lot, they do free makeup classes so feel free to learn everything or ask anything – it’s their job to teach you :D

Fathin April 3, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I think that’s what I always do whenever I go to their stores :D And it was just recently I found out – when I asked about the listed lessons, apparently all sessions that I went were the lessons LOL And because I always bought more than RM300, there’s no mention about vouchers, apparently I’m a reliable customer or just a gullible, haha.

April 3, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Hahaha I’m guessing you’re a huge BB fan then! :D I think they’d prefer to think of you as reliable ;)

Shija Rahim March 29, 2014 at 1:34 am

Had a great time by learning techniques and the art of minimizing makeup, bobbi brown really rocks! Thx for havin us Paris.. It was a pleasure to meet U.. And the team.. I dropped by there again yesterday to thank them :) ..lastly the pix is awesome.. So happy i am in 2 photograph.. Wink..wink…

April 3, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Haha I’m so happy to have met you Shija and I’m glad that you enjoyed the event :D It’s so sweet of you to go back and thank them! I think they did such a great job and were so helpful too. I had to have your pix in there – you looked so happy :D

March 29, 2014 at 3:32 pm

LOVE that last photo. Candid and happy :-)

April 3, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Haha thanks Lily. A real ROFLOL moment sans rolling on floor :D

S. Drama&Makeup March 29, 2014 at 9:15 pm

Oh it looks like you all had such a great time, I’m so jealous :D
I can’t wait to read all the tips you’ve picked up :) x

April 3, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I hope to share them soon, S and it was so much fun, I’d love to do this again! :D Pity you’re so far away :P

jk March 31, 2014 at 1:22 pm

It was great to have been one of the participants (my apologies for the *gloat gloat* feeling). Thanks for selecting me! I definitely picked up some handy tips – although 3 weeks later, some of the far too entrenched don’t(s) have slipped back into habit. On the other hand, the some new (good) habits have been formed too. :-)
I too wish I’d guzzled more of the pastries..

April 3, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Glad you enjoyed it JK :D I don’t have all the time to go through everything that I learned that day, especially using a separate corrector and concealer for the eye area. Oh boy! Just no time! So just the Nars concealer will do the trick (and it usually does :D ) Hope you’re emboldened to wear bright cheek colours now!

Hsu Jen April 2, 2014 at 9:57 am

Loved the session! Thank you again!

Still blown away at how natural and fresh Carina looked after putting on her “Bobbi” face. I didn’t end up buying anything on that day, but I found out that Bobbi Brown has perfumes and they smelt so good, I might get one later this month! :D

P.S. Me too, regarding the cheesecakes and pastries :(

April 3, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Hsu Jen :D I didn’t know about perfume either till I saw them in store LOL So that makes you and I finding out only recently. We really should have spent less time playing with makeup and more time eating yes? :D

sasha April 4, 2014 at 10:39 pm

You looked genuinely happy in the last photo! We had lots of fun and learned lots too..thanks to you and the BB team -xoxo

April 12, 2014 at 11:03 am