I’ve been busy beavering away on Instagram if you’ve joined me there as well and if you haven’t, why not?! LOL I try not to flood your feed and there are sometimes some interesting things that don’t make it to the “Highlights on Instagram” feature but here we are with the 6th edition of the highlights of the past 2-3 weeks.
I offer slightly more in-depth thoughts behind some of the images posted so even if you have seen these, read on. There may be some nuggets of info I missed out, and the links in here are actually clickable LOL!
- I’ve got a new nephew! Fiesty little Baby Y was born with all fingers and toes accounted for to my proud sibling and I now have a new baby to spoil. Whee! Hello little one!
- I hurt my wrist and made myself wear a wrist guard for a couple of weeks. The story of how I hurt is is rather embarrassing because most people thought it was either carpal tunnel syndrome or through playing games. In fact, I hurt it because I slept on it in an awkward position the whole night and woke up to a numb hand and a hurting wrist. It still haven’t healed fully but at least I’m mobile now with minimal pain. Sleeping is hazardous. Proceed with caution!
- I received my order of a couple of affordable makeup brushes from Ecotools and Bdellium that I picked up from iHerb. I’ve washed them and am trying them out so once I figure out what I think about them, you’ll know too!
- There’s something new coming from La Mer in the form of a lifting serum mask. I was told pores visibly disappear before your eyes after just 1 use and I have to admit that it is almost true. I have tried it just once and for a couple of days thereafter, my skin felt and looked more refined!
- Reminded by a friend, I dug out an old Stila Precious Pearl eyeshadow palette to play with! I’ve in fact reviewed it here. I’d forgotten how nice the old Stila eye palettes were! I haven’t used most of the new Stila items since the brand got sold and re-sold. In fact, I don’t even know what’s new/good anymore. Oh and I do like the Make Up For Ever HD Liquid Foundation! It’s pricey, but I really like the effect.
- I also had a La Mer Facial for the very first time and I am sold! It was a short version but the facial massage was incredible. I’ve never had a facial where my face was massaged so vigorously nor so efficiently and they are so generous with the product! I swear I’m going back for a full session very soon.
- To celebrate a small win, I found myself at a large dinner buffet! Confronted with assorted cakes and sweet from the dessert section, I found myself loading up on local ‘kuih’. I’m not personally a fan of cakes nor sweets but I can never resist eating local kuih or cakes which are usually not just sweet, but have that slightly savoury or salty edge to them that appeals more to my tastebuds. What can I say? I have true blue Malaysian tastebuds!
- With the thickening haze and unusually dry weather we’ve been experiencing lately, please remember to drink more water! If you can get fresh young coconut juice, all the better!
- Kanebo Lunasol celebrates its 15th Anniversary with a Lunasol 15th Anniversary palette. In a gold zip around compact case, you get 6 full size eyeshadows, 1 full size blush emblazoned with the 15th Anniversary logo, 1 full size powder-highlighter compact and a travel size mascara and lipgloss. The contents can be removed and the pouch reused. It is available at all Lunasol counters at RM368. I was very tempted to get it because the quality of the eyeshadow and blush were beautiful, but I realised I just don’t travel enough nor use enough of mixed palettes to justify owning this.
- If you remember, I ran a small Masterclass event with Bobbi Brown and I think everyone who came enjoyed themselves! I’ll have a brief rundown about it for you soon, once I get the photos in, because as fate would have it, my camera ran out of battery just before it began. Sigh… Much thanks to Bobbi Brown Malaysia for the collaboration and for thrilling me by putting up the #MWSxBB hashtag reminders
- I went for a makeover at NARS a few weeks ago and the makeup artist used the Botan Brush on me to blend the colours. I was so enamoured by it, but I didn’t like how scratchy it felt. Enter the Hakuhodo Kinoko Flat brush! A dense kabuki brush with a flat top that serves the same purpose of buffing powder and blending product. It feels so soft, like bunny tails!
- I’m a huge fangirl of Dior makeup but their recent releases have left me feeling underwhelmed with the brand. On the news of Peter Philips (ex-Chanel) taking over the helm of creative director of beauty, I felt a little apprehension. I remember Peter Philips revamping the Chanel lipsticks a couple of years ago but in terms of the makeup, Chanel remained rather insipid. I had enjoyed the bold and edgy direction Dior was taking under Tyen so I hope it won’t go the way of Chanel. I still love the products so I dug out some of my faves to enjoy – the Diorskin Nude liquid foundation, Dior Rosy Glow blush (now permanent, everyone needs one!), Dior Addict Lipstick in Icone (almost finishing!) and the 5 Couleur New Look Eyeshadow palette in Grege. All permanent, all lovely products and all worth taking a look at.
Did your fortnight go well? Can you name the local kuih pictured?
No prizes for putting a name to the kuih I’ve just made myself salivate mmm…. Happy weekend peeps!
Highlights of Instagram is an excerpt of the highlights of my weeks on Instagram. There are lots more in the full IG feed so follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.