Your Say: What’s your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

in Discussions,Food & Lifestyle,Home,Musings

Here’s the thing, we all have our guilty pleasures. I don’t know… yours might be good quality chocolate or pretty dresses or even that killer pair of heels. You know, that one item you don’t feel bad about splurging on if it is something you really really love. That one item that you may feel a twinge of guilt spending money on, but yet, which brings you joy and pleasure that surpasses the guilt.

candles2 Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

Mine are scented candles and I can tell you, the flack I used to get for spending money on something that was to be burnt and therefore, destroyed, was unbelievable. Well maybe not so unbelievable, because I know people do still feel that way. Which is why I say that it’s my guilty pleasure. I feel a twinge of guilt loving it but it gives me pleasure! icon biggrin Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

I’m not about to convert you into a fan of scented candles but I’d just like to talk about why they are my beauty guilty pleasure, and you can tell me yours. Incidentally, while on the subject of candles, I’ve got my candle fan friends Tine and LeGeeque telling you about their candles story too. Sort of a concerted effort to convert you… but not haha! icon biggrin Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

I liken a good quality scented candle to a perfume for the home. Like candles, good perfumes are pricey and are just as ephemeral but we don’t get chastised for wearing an expensive perfume icon razz Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

I used to burn essential oils to fragrance my room and I loved how relaxing it was. I think that was the precursor to my scented candles indulgence. I will say that I never really used to be as into scented candles back in the day as I am now, until I experienced a good quality soy candle. That was the turning point for me.

My experience with Dirt Candles was when I realised that a good quality scented candle would not only perfume the home, but could also last a long long time – years even! I got my first Dirt Candle back in 2009 and I have picked up a lot more since because they are excellent. In fact, I just finished burning my first Dirt Candle! That’s 4 years I’ve had it icon biggrin Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!  The problem however, is that the local distributor no longer carries them and I don’t think the company is in business anymore. Pity. They do beautiful soy candles that smell good, last long and have a lovely throw of scent so I just burn them for about half an hour and have my living room fragranced for the rest of the day.

I dabbled a bit with Yankee Candles but I found them a bit too foody for my tastes and I’ve also gone for the luxury designer candles from Diptyque, which I love but which I also realise, despite the present hype, isn’t quite to my tastes. Thankfully I worked that out from the sampler set I got last Christmas! icon biggrin Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles! I do like them, but I think I prefer Diptyque’s perfumes. The candles are lovely to fragrance a room, but I’ve also worked out that I prefer home scents that are less “perfumey” and more “natural” or even floral toned.

For this reason, I like scented candles from Ecoya, Glasshouse and also Circa Home, all of which incidentally hail from Australia and all of which carry soy wax candles. The quality is top notch, the scents suit my taste and style and they refresh the home and make it smell good. I tried Voluspa candles as well which aren’t bad and come in beautiful tins and glass cups. What I wasn’t so keen on is the fact they use coconut oil which does leave a bit of scent and since I’m not into coconut anything, it figures I’m not that big a fan of Voluspa candles. Some day, I’ll actually get round to reviewing all of them icon razz Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

I like to come home, put a candle to burn, cook my dinner or potter around for a bit and then blow out the candle about half an hour to an hour later. A good candle will allow it’s scent to continue to linger in the air and it’s a great way to get rid of cooking smells too icon smile Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

candles Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

So why guilty pleasure you ask? That’s coz my taste for scented candles run to the expensive. Like many things, a good quality scented candle will be made from better quality ingredients and good quality perfume and essential oils are expensive. So is soy wax, which usually burns longer and cleaner. I usually don’t go for scents that have a strong chemical/artificial slant as those give me a headache, so that puts paid to many more affordable options out there.

“Make your own then!” I know some people will say that, but you know, I know my own limitations and craft or DIY isn’t one of them icon razz Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles! So, all said and done, I will continue to indulge in my guilty pleasure of good quality scented candles and no, I don’t really feel all that guilty for doing so icon wink Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

If candles are your thing, you may enjoy reading what Tine and LeGeeque have to say about them icon biggrin Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles!

What is your beauty guilty pleasure? Is there a brand of scented candles that you love, that I just have to check out?

We don’t get many options here in Malaysia of good quality scented candles, which does sadden me. I suppose if I lowered my standards there are options to be found but then, it wouldn’t be a guilty pleasure anymore would it? I wouldn’t feel the guilt, but I’d get no pleasure out of it LOL! icon biggrin Your Say: Whats your beauty guilty pleasure? Mine are scented Candles! Share, if you have a fave brand and if candles aren’t your thing, what’s your beauty guilty pleasure?

Tine @ Beautyholics Anonymous
February 18, 2014 at 7:26 am

Oooh I’ve been meaning to try Voluspa candles but didn’t know they use coconut oil. Hmm, not really my thing then (I’ll just leave that one to my hair). I feel guilty buying pretty candles sometimes since I know how to make them and worse, how much they actually cost to make and how much they’re significantly marked up. I guess that’s why they call it guilty pleasures, eh? :P

PS: Next time you’re here, try Jaye Neimi. A recent discovery for me and it’s really good. Somewhere along the price point of Glasshouse.

February 21, 2014 at 6:06 pm

Yes, the one I have does and although it’s nice (Baltic Amber smells of vanilla) I detected a whiff of coconut (just a whiff) and I find that it burns very quickly, due to the coconut oil factor so that didn’t endear them to me very much. Maybe if you see them on sale or if they have a small candle, it’s worth checking out. I know what you mean about splurging on candles but on the upside, although I know how easy it is to make them, I choose not to. I’m just not that crafty so I’ll just suck it up and pay haha! Thanks for the tip re: Jaye Neimi. I’ll definitely keep it in mind and next time I visit, David Jones candle department will not be safe from me (remember how I was borong-ing them all? HAHA!)

fatimah February 18, 2014 at 8:29 am

I totally get you about the Diptyque candles..i love their Roses scented candle though..the others I just think my asian olfactory is not picking up quite well..
fatimah recently blogged…What Beauty Blogging Means to Me and Maybelline Baby Lips Giveaway WinnerMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I think the local weather might have something to do with it too. I find that some candles just smell better in colder places e.g. air-cond room or overseas. I haven’t tried Roses though. Perhaps I should take a sniff… damn! LOL

Applegal February 18, 2014 at 8:30 am

I used to put essential oil on a burner but got a bit malas to do it (plus I had the cheapo essential oils from Chatuchak :P). Got a candle or two as well but didn’t like the scent all that much. Maybe it pays to buy at least 1 good quality candle! I never thought about burning the candle to get rid of kitchen smells! Usually I just put a fan at the kitchen entry way to blow the smells out towards the window.

Ting February 21, 2014 at 10:22 am

Hello Applegal,

When you have tried combatting fried garlic or vegetable stir-fry smells in kitchen, please please please let me know how to do it? :D

I love baking smells in my kitchen so that in a way is natural fragrance for me home. :D

February 21, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I use a good hood with strong suction power and have it ducted so the smells get sucked up and out the house. Serves me well :)

February 21, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Haha I used to use cheapo essential oils too and then I wonder why they suck LOL I got my hands on some good quality lavender oil once and it really made a difference! But it’s quite troublesome coz I keep having to top up water in the burner and if I forget it burns dry. At least I don’t have that problem with candles :) I do think when it comes to candles, quality plays a very big part of the sensorial pleasure.

Robert c. February 18, 2014 at 8:48 am

Speaking of scented candles, have you tried the Jo Malone candles? They smells so good and yet not too headachy-ish ( I think the word is overpowering?). Stumbled upon this brand when I was in Selfridges the other day and oh my word, what a great discovery. Their line of fragrance smells amazing too ( hogging the freesia and english pear one ).

My other guilty pleasure is skin-care hogging . (-emo in corner-) . Got tons of skincare and some are barely used till half. Oh my…

Regards,
Robert C.

lisa February 18, 2014 at 6:46 pm

I love jo malone candles too. They are what i want my room to smell like. It would be perfect if it’s soy as well. And i love their recent “Just Like Sunday” collection. Have you checked these out? The two top picks of this collection for me are Green Tomato Leaf and Lavender and Lovage. Can’t say more…they are lovely….. just lovely.

robert c. February 18, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Woah ~ Ima head to selfridges to check em out this weekend :O havent seem to heard of those yet but gonna check em out. Heard they gave complimentary arm massage with their fragrance too haha

February 21, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Eeps! I’m taking notes, Lisa!

February 21, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Actually I haven’t tried the Jo Malone candles yet, but they’re next on my list to try! I don’t gel well with Jo Malone perfumes but I think their candles will fare better for my senses. At least they won’t react with chemistry and I don’t mind my room smelling of flowers, just not me haha! :D Oh tell me about skincare! I’m as guilty as you are but these days, I’m being very good and using up as much as I can. Too much wastage otherwise!

Firn February 18, 2014 at 9:22 am

I SOOOO want to try Diptyque’s Rose candle but the price is too painful! Jo Malone does mega huge candles too. There’s another brand in Singapore called Savon de Marseille that does the most amazing rose-scented handwash and they do diffuser reeds and a candle in the same scent, I think. I only wish they had a perfume spray! It smells like real fresh cut roses. :)

February 21, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I’ve been told to give Roses a go too! Gotta agree with you on the price though. Maybe put it on a wishlist and hope someone gets it for your birthday? Hehe… I have my eye on Jo Malone candles too – I don’t mind floral scents in the air, just not on me :P And that hand wash sounds amazing! I love the scent of fresh roses but so many brands interpret roses to be strong and stuffy

robert c. February 22, 2014 at 1:00 am

I love the roses scent. Aww you dont like floral scents (perfumes)? I like their scents but their fragrances doesnt last long on me.. I think my skin just eats it up quickly or something..

Ahh I like their candles too and they cost a bomb here! I usually justify spending for those for like only one every month.

March 4, 2014 at 11:09 am

Sadly no, I’m not one for rosy scents or very overtly floral scents. My nose just doesn’t take to them very well :P I haven’t yet checked out Jo Malone but maybe soon. Who knows :)

Jacqueline February 18, 2014 at 9:40 am

My guilty pleasure right now is Jo Malone. I simply love the scents. Within a short span of 4 months, I have amassed 2 candles (love them), 4 colognes (one more coming my way really soon), a body cream and their vitamin scrub.

February 21, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I saw your hauls Jacqueline! HAHA :D But you know, when a brand gels with you, that’s what happens :D I’m not into the perfumes myself but I’m thinking of picking up a Jo Malone candle. Which would you recommend I start with?

Xin Yu February 18, 2014 at 11:11 am

Hey Paris B,

I’ve clicked on the Dirty Candles link and then I clicked on the tiny tapir link. Apparently, they are still selling it. And what’s more exciting, it’s on sale! I think I’m gonna put them in my shopping cart. Your review makes my hand itchy :P

February 21, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Eeps! If they’re still selling it (and at sale prices OMG!) It’s worth giving them a go! I love Take it Easy. Maybe I should get another :P

Juan
February 18, 2014 at 11:27 am

I would never think of scented candles as burning money because it brings pleasure to the senses. you spend money to provide satisfaction and pleasure anyways. wearing an expensive lipstick and then rubbing it off with makeup remover is equivalent to rubbing money off?

I would love to indulge in something as luxurious as this but unfortunately the only place we know that our kids won’t put their finger on the burning tip would be the bathroom haha. now that’s a good thought, right? cos we currently do have a large ikea scented candle in our bathroom.

damn *feeling my shallow pockets*
Juan recently blogged…Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus reformulated – smooths, restores, corrects.My Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Haha good point about the lipstick. I think things like these come down to personal likes and dislikes and anything luxurious always gets some flack anyway ;) You’re right about candles and kids. Not a good combination until they get older and know to keep their hands to themselves!

Victoria February 18, 2014 at 11:29 am

I have enjoyed this post and also that of Tine and LeGeeque. I am not sure if I will ever jump on the scented candles bandwagon but will keep this post in mind if that happens. Do not really have a beauty guilty pleasure yet but I think it is building towards having an addiction for blush? Hahaha. I do not think I need any more but it seems there is always a pretty blush out there which I want to own and your post yesterday on that Clinique blush just added another one to my list. LOL.

February 21, 2014 at 6:20 pm

And what’s wrong with being addicted to blush? *says the one with a drawer full of them* LOL :D

Emy February 18, 2014 at 1:02 pm

I really, really want to try Diptyque candles; maybe when they appear on Hautelook. I’ve only been into candles recently (heavily influenced by all the UK bloggers, I’ve got to admit :)) — but I have to say I do love burning them. I indulged and purchased a NEST candle over Christmas, though their scent is very similar to a Bath & Body Works candle I already have.

February 21, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Not too familiar with Hautelook but they get you Diptyque at a discount, then yay! wait for it :) I think Diptyque candles are ok. Some smell better than others and some suit the temperate weather better than our warm tropical weather. I personally am not too taken by them after trying a few. I have read about NEST candles and I know we can’t get them here but if I ever find anywhere that sells them (and it doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg for shipping) I’ll be sure to check them out! I haven’t tried the Bath & Body Works candles either but I hear they are awesome!

February 18, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I bought a Diptyque candle, and the quality is excellent! However, I do feel very guilty when I burn my candle. It’s definitely a very personal thing – and it’s really hard to put any justifications to it – just that I’m glad you enjoy your candles :-)
Lily recently blogged…Review: Estee Lauder Pure Color High Intensity Lip LacquersMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Yep, agree that it’s very personal. Diptyque is very pricey though so I’m sort of glad I don’t quite like it as much as I thought I would – whew! :)

lyn
February 18, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I started off with Yankee Candles more than 15 years ago! I don’t mind gourmand scents but not if they are too sweet. I’m now eyeing Glasshouse candles thanks to @LeGeeque. Diptyque is a bit of a hit and miss for me because I find a number of their scents rather masculine (maybe it’s just my nose). And I’ve sniffed several Jo Malone’s and boy, am I tempted! I’m holding off until I move because my house is like a giant store room now and there’s not a lot of space that is aesthetically pleasing. You know, you’d need the right setting and ambience to fully appreciate a good candle :-)
lyn recently blogged…Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration Has Quenched My Thirsty SkinMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:27 pm

I had a small Yankee candle once quite a few years ago. I didn’t like it because it was a foody scent and I just don’t play well with foody scents so maybe that’s why it took me so long to get back into the candle thing haha! If you can get your hands on Glasshouse I highly recommend it. I find most Diptyque scents have a masculine bent, which suits me fine but which I also know doesn’t sit well with many people because not everyone wants to smell like a man LOL! I plan to pick up a Jo Malone candle – maybe after I move. Their perfumes dont’ gel so well with me, but with candles I’m more willing to accept a floral scent :)

beetrice
February 18, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I hear ya on the Yankee Candles, but I do happen to like some of the “not so foody” scents (hel-lo Macintosh!) so I still drop by for a sniff every time I go past the store. And *ahem* Dirt Candles are still available from the TT store… :P

You 3 ladies have been raving so much about Glasshouse, I’m putting that on the top of my shopping list for May *shushes squealing wallet* – love my candles, time to see how this one stacks up ;)

February 21, 2014 at 6:28 pm

I saw the Dirt Candles! But got to hold off till the big move so I don’t have too much crap on hand to move! >.< You definitely should check out Glasshouse candles. What’s fun is that they come in the small sizes so you can get a few to try!

Aggie February 18, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I’ve never been a big fan of Diptyque’s scents, until I checked out their latest Eau Rose collection and received their Eau Rose hand balm for review yesterday (post will be up soon!). *swoon*

Personally, I’d rather get perfumes than candles ;)
Aggie recently blogged…Chap Goh Mei meets Valentine’s DayMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Not too crazy about rose scents but will take a sniff anyway :) I like Diptyque because of their more masculine bent which suits me, but I can imagine that’s why it may not sit well with many women ;)

plue
February 18, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I got a Yankee candle which is a rose scent but haven’t gotten around to burning it. I’m quite afraid I’ll spoil the candle because I read saying it’ll tunnel if you don’t burn them properly. And once it tunnels, you will waste the candle because the sides won’t burn evenly. Wonder if you got any tips in burning candles? :D

I am happy with my L’occitane and Diptyque… it’ll have to wait… too expensive! :P
plue recently blogged…Happy Chinese New Year & Huat Ahhhh!My Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:31 pm

You know, a good candle will never tunnel which is why I’m fussy about the candles I buy. I want them to smell AND look good :) To avoid tunnelling, make sure you burn the candle evenly which means burning it for at least an hour, so you get a whole layer of melted wax at the top. That way when it hardens, it’ll still remain even. As I said, a good candle will burn evenly. A poorly made candle won’t which causes the tunnelling and that really really sucks!

plue
February 21, 2014 at 7:05 pm

i burned the L’occitane one for about 1 hour+ or so, and I’m pretty sure the wax all melted on top, but when it hardens, it sorta like there’s some tunneling going on, that the center was a bit more hollow than the sides >..<

February 21, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Hmm sounds like a problem with the candle. I had that happen to one from Crabtree but that one gave me a headache so bad, I have never burned it since >.< On another note, I didn’t even know that L’Occitane did candles HAHA!

plue
February 21, 2014 at 7:11 pm

i’m not sure if it’s the air current or what… but I know I had to burn it again for like 4 hours while slowly scraping the sides and let it burn as evenly as possible. gah. not sure if I manage to salvage it, as I haven’t light it up again after doing so.

i hope that doesn’t happen to my ecoya >.<

Yeap! They do candles, but the variety isn't great. Mostly florals.

February 21, 2014 at 7:13 pm

My Ecoya burns evenly but yes, best to burn them away from windy areas so no fan or air currents. I made the mistake of burning a candle under the fan once. Candle was all over the place LOL

plue
February 21, 2014 at 7:29 pm

i’ll be sure to take note of that! thanks for the info!!

Marina(Makeup4all) February 18, 2014 at 8:54 pm

I have ordered some Malin & Goetz candles & can’t wait to get them (veltiver, dark rum and cannabis sound divine)
Marina(Makeup4all) recently blogged…My Top 5 Pink Lipsticks: Givenchy, Dior, Rimmel, BECCA and IllamasquaMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Cannabis! That sounds… interesting! :D

lara February 19, 2014 at 1:06 am

This is so timely, as I recently got back into scented candles. Not sure if you have these in Singapore, but Nest and Seda France (not made in France btw, but in the US) are really high quality — a bit more expensive than Voluspa but more consistent in quality.

February 21, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Hmm… I’m not sure about Singapore, since I’m in Malaysia but I haven’t come across either Nest or Seda France yet. I have heard of Nest though and I hear they are really nice candles! It’s a pity shipping will kill my wallet :(

Anne February 19, 2014 at 1:06 am

I have been using Yankee candles for many years, and i think the quality is good enough for the price..my next aim would be Jon Malone candles..but alas..it’s so so expensive in singapore and i often backed away after seeing the hefty price tag..

My weak spot wld be on DVDs..movies, english dramas and japanese first pressed limited edition concerts (these are real ex! often costing more than S$200 just for one concert set!)..i have hundreds of it at home..and i can’t seem to stop myself from ordering more from amazon….sighs…

February 21, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Nothing against Yankee, Anne – just that most of the scents didn’t suit me :( I heard that Bath & Both Works is now in Singapore and I’d love to check out their candles! I think Jo Malone is expensive everywhere to be honest haha… I’m thinking of picking up a candle too but will have to save up for it!

As for your guilty pleasure, hey as long as it gives you pleasure, that’s alright… so long as you also have the space hehe… ;)

Kye Lin February 19, 2014 at 2:51 am

You can check out mysale.my to find different candle brands at an affordable price. I bought my first few scented candles in travel sizes from Bluwick from that site and so far the scents I received smelled wonderful. I don’t want to take the risk of ordering glass ones in case it breaks while it’s being shipped.

February 21, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Interesting, Kye Lin. I saw that you have to register before being able to view the site and I don’t like that :( Also why I refuse to shop from similar sort of sites but it’s great to know that they too sell scented candles.

shuaddict
February 19, 2014 at 2:58 am

Candles are a recent love for me after sampling the delights of the ones from Bath & Body Works and to a lesser degree Yankee Candles. Unfortunately decently scented candles are super pricey here and not as affordable like elsewhere in the world. When we could find Yankee Candles here they were RM200 for one that would go for less than $20 in the US!

My latest find are the Mrs Meyers Soy candles – they go for about $10 or $7 for the smaller size. The scents are exactly like their line of cleaning products. They smell pretty good and natural with my favorites being the Geranium and Iowa Pine scents. I pick up a few of them from IHerb.com every couple of months.

I’ve always mooned over the candles at Crabtree & Evelyn but couldn’t stomach the prices for such tiny candles.

Also heard that Bath & Body Works recently opened a store in Singapore in MBS with reasonable prices. A little trip down there would be much better than lugging back candles all the way from the US.

February 21, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I have been reading so many good things about BBW candles that I’m itching to try some of them! I too read that they’ve just opened up in Singapore with a good selection of products so I’d definitely have to schedule a visit the next time I’m there :D It’s such a pity that candles are so heavy and so fragile (especially those in glass cases) coz they take up so much space and luggage allowance LOL I brought back so many from Australia, I was afraid I’d be overweight :P

Oh and thanks for the Mrs Meyers recommendation on iherb (I didn’t know they sell candles too!) So I’m going to pick a couple of them up to try. Yay! More candles, and luckily, more affordable ones too! ;)

Rebecca February 19, 2014 at 3:03 am

I’ve used a bunch of Voluspa candles and I didn’t know they’re made with coconut oil… I couldn’t really detect a coconutty scent, but maybe it depends on the other scents in the mix. I end up using Yankee Candles a lot because they often do sales (or at least they do here in the US), and they do have some nice floral and water scents. I get what you mean about them being foody though… it feels like every other one I see has something to do with pumpkin spice or cake. :P
Rebecca recently blogged…Second Chances: Innisfree Green Tea Pure Sleeping Pack ReviewMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:39 pm

You’re right about the scents. I only get a whiff of the coconut scent but then I am not a fan so that maybe why I smell it. I also notice that it burns more quickly than my soy candles. We don’t even have Yankee Candles here :( But they love their food don’t they? LOL

LeGeeque February 19, 2014 at 11:49 am

Isn’t it fun that our routines are almost the same? :D Light candles when we get home, potter about at home :) There was one period of time when Coco was a maniac, I could almost swear having lavender scent sort of calmed her down. I love candles and I love how happy they make me *hugs self like a mad person* I do love Glasshouse candles a lot and am keen to say that they’re actually my favourite. There’s a scent for everyone and it’s rather unfortunate it’s not easy to ship them overseas :(
LeGeeque recently blogged…Glasshouse Candles: Why I’m a fan for lifeMy Profile

February 21, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Haha yes! We are so alike, it’s scary :P It’s so great that you had such great customer service from Glasshouse Candles. I would be a fan for life too if it happened to me! Now, I just wish they’d bring the brand here so I can buy them instead of having to use up luggage allowance on candles when I go to Australia! :(

Ting February 21, 2014 at 10:26 am

My beauty guilty pleasure would be buying EDP. I cannot possibly use all of them up, but I like to pick one up at the duty free shop. Each bottle reminds me exactly where I bought it and the memories flow from there. Plus, my mum’s couldn’t leave the house without perfume so she played a big part in my guilty pleasure!! hehe

February 21, 2014 at 6:56 pm

I was doing that once too! :D I love how smells can bring back memories and perfumes are a wonderful way to remember a lovely holiday :)

su February 28, 2014 at 5:51 am

I love scented candles, man!
My collection ranges from the cheap supermarket to high-end a la Cire Trudon. Wish I could afford more of the latter but a one-off splurge is enough to tide me over I guess.

March 10, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Yay for another scented candle fan! :) The good thing about the high end or good ones, is that they can last ages!