FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL-Shield

in Foundation,New on shelves,Serum,Skincare,Sunscreen

Lancôme Malaysia has been a little quiet of late but I was recently given the opportunity to find out a little more about what they have in store for us in the coming couple of months, in terms of their skincare. Naturally, you get the info fresh from the oven, as I got it icon smile FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

lancome new FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

First off, Lancôme unveils a new ambassador in the face of upcoming actress Lily Collins. Since I suffer from celebrity blindness, I had to look her up icon razz FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield Her delicate, gamine features bring to mind that of a young Audrey Hepburn. She will be seen on the big screen soon in a romantic comedy Love, Rosie and you see her in the 2 promotional images above for 2 newly reformulated products in Lancôme’s popular Blanc Expert and UV Expert ranges.

I have to admit that I didn’t realise that it was the same face in both ad images. I told you I suffer from celeb blindness right? I have very poor recognition for celebrities but it’s nice to see a lovely fresh face.

As for what’s new, here’s what we can expect.

Lancôme Blanc Expert Melanolyser III Intensive Specialist Spot Eraser – RM370/30ml RM490/50ml

lancome blanc expert melanolyzer3 FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

Lancôme’s iconic and effective 20 year old Blanc Expert spot eraser serum undergoes a reformulation and takes on a new name of Blanc Expert Melanolyser III. The blue tube gives way to a futuristic silver tube and a shiny silver cap and it now has a 5-in-1 action on dark spots.

The new formula feels light, although it smells just like the old version. The product now claims to help boost the “dissolution” of melanin in the melanolysis process, exports the melanosomes containing melanin grains to be “dissolved” by the keratinocytes and helps to calm skin from getting inflammed, thereby reducing the chances of getting hyperpigmentation. Effectively, dark spots are reduced and lightened, and skintone looks more even.

I’d used a previous Blanc Expert Intensive Spot Eraser serum before this (I think 2-3 incarnations back) and I quite liked it. I personally find Clinique’s Even Better serum more effective, but the Lancome Blanc Expert serum did a pretty good job at evening out my skintone. I don’t hold out a lot of hope for lightening spots, but if it does, then just as well!

I haven’t been using a whitening product in over a year now (people tell me I should, but I have other concerns I’d rather treat for now) but I’m quite keen to give this a go and see if my skin will like it. Maybe because I haven’t used a spot corrector in a while, I might see the effects? Hard to say, but I’ll let you know if I give it a go icon smile FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

The Lancôme Blanc Expert Melanolyser III Intensive Spot Eraser serum is already available at all Lancôme counters and prices are RM370/30ml and RM490/50ml. Pretty steep unfortunately so it would be quite a leap of faith if you have never used the product before this.

Lancôme UV Expert XL-Shield – RM175/30ml

lancome uv expert FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

I used to use the Lancome UV Expert sunscreen back in the day before I then went on to use it’s younger sister the L’Oreal Paris UV Expert sunscreen. It was my go-to sunscreen for years! But now, Lancôme has upgraded the formula so now you get the UV Expert XL-Shield.

The Lancôme UV Expert XL-Shield now provides protection against the harmful long UVA rays which harm the skin and are one of the causes of skin aging as well as protecting against the more commonly recognised UVB rays. The cream now contains anti-pollution properties and anti-aging benefits so it nourishes and protects the skin all at one go.

Texturewise, it feels a bit lighter than the UV Expert I’m used to, but it does have a creamy texture, which if you are more familiar with Japanese type sunscreens or even the Shiseido Perfect UV which I love, then it may take some adjusting to. I do feel that the silicone level is quite significant so it doesn’t feel quite as creamy as its previous incarnation, but it was based on the little dab I sampled at the launch. Will update if I have the info and ingredient list to come.

There are 3 items in the UV Expert range which are getting the XL-Shield upgrade and they are the UV Expert XL-Shield fluid sunscreen SPF50 PA+++ and the UV Expert XL-Shield BB Complete 1 and 2 SPF50 PA+++ which have a tint to colour correct skin. They’ll be available from March 2014 and retail at RM175/30ml. Again, quite steep unless you are already a user.

Lancôme Blanc Miracle Liquid Foundation

lancome blanc miracle FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

To complement the 2 whitening products above, Lancôme’s Blanc Miracle liquid and powder foundations will also be reformulated. I personally can’t wear this foundation as the shades are a bit too yellow for my skin and they do oxidise but I was told that the new formula brings also a slightly lighter shade and a more neutral tone. I will have to see for myself if this is true, as I haven’t paid attention to the foundations since discovering there’s no shade to suit my skintone. I believe Blanc Miracle may be available only in Asia for now but feel free to correct me if I’m wrong icon smile FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

lancome blanc expert uv FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

New kids on the block from Lancôme

Nothing new in the sense of being new, but mostly old favourites reformulated, hopefully for the better icon smile FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

Have you tried any of the existing products from Lancome featured here?

I have, at various times. When I started dabbling with skincare, the Lancome UV Expert sunscreen was all the rage so I tried that before going on to use it’s younger sibling. You? icon smile FYI! New from Lancôme : Blanc Expert Melanolyser III and UV Expert XL Shield

Prices and availability of each product are as set out above

Sze Ling February 7, 2014 at 9:24 am

Ahh…the Lancome UV Expert sunscreen. That was my first high-end sunscreen too!
But now I’m so used to the runny Japanese-type sunscreen, I don’t think I can ever go back to anything with a thicker consistency. Spoiled brat.

I keep getting samples of brightening products from the Chanel SA here. Wonder if they’re trying to hint me about something. Hmm… :P

February 10, 2014 at 6:02 pm

I know what you mean about texture. I recently forgot to bring my Shiseido sunscreen on a short trip and used the L’Oreal UV Expert which has the same creamy texture as Lancome and it felt off. Too used to Shiseido LOL! Actually I didn’t know they carried brightening products in the US too!

Jenn
February 7, 2014 at 10:15 am

I have been using the spot eraser for the past 7 years+… it’s super super awesome and it really works to lighten my freckles (I’m too stingy to use it all over my face… unless it exploded after a flight or something, lol). I wish they didn’t increase the price so often though!

Good to see that they have a 50ml version now… makes more financial sense in a long run for people like me who can’t live without this product! lol!
Jenn recently blogged…Jenn Asks: Do supplements / tonics make you break out?My Profile

February 10, 2014 at 6:03 pm

ooh long time fan! I used it on and off and I remember it was one of those that at best didn’t feel drying like so many other whitening products. I didn’t use enough of it to notice much lightening but I liked how it evened out the skintone a little. The rising prices do suck though. I admit to my jaw dropping when I saw the latest prices. Pengsan.

February 7, 2014 at 10:30 am

I tried the older version of the UV Expert XL-Shield and it goes on a little grey on my skin. Weird… Instead of the Blanc Miracle, I used the Maqui Blanc Miracle which is better for those with combination skin. This one doesn’t oxidize as badly as the Blanc Miracle. My skin prefers yellow undertone foundations, so I actually like the Lancome foundations for the shade selection.
Lily recently blogged…Review: Pai Skincare Cleanse and Tone Starter Kit (Part2)My Profile

February 10, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Ooh you’re not the first to complain about the grey cast LOL! It reminded me of the Korean BB Creams that made me look grey :P I couldn’t do Maqui Blanc Miracle either. Turned a whole shade darker on my skin. Wish they hadn’t gotten rid of Maquiliquide which was really nice.

liyeun February 7, 2014 at 11:05 am

I have tried the last(just recent before reformulation) UV Expert XL-Shield in both FLUID SUNSCREEN SPF50 and BB cream. Like you said, they are creamy and actually I find them quite heavy on the skin since I am always on the go. The BB cream was too grey for my liking but it worked better on me with a dab of loose powder instead of Bobbi Brown’s very famous BB cream. Despite that, I will give either one a try again, to see if I like the new one. That SERUM!!! I like the previous one as it did lighten my scars a little but that price!!! *cries*
liyeun recently blogged…Did They Just Punch a Plum in my Origins Drink Up Hydrating Lip Balm Plum Punch?My Profile

February 10, 2014 at 6:07 pm

Yep, I did find Lancome/L’Oreal sunscreens a bit heavy too but I do wonder now that I have drier skin if it might work better for me? That said, I’m so used to Shiseido I wonder how my skin would adapt :P The new pricing for the serum scared me too. Crazy prices these days!

Ting February 10, 2014 at 3:35 pm

LOL on celebrity blindness. Glad to know I’m not the only one! :p

February 10, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Now I’m glad to know I’m not alone!

pondsandleaves February 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Hi Paris,

I was getting hooked on Lancome again this year cause the SA was so smart to gave me travel size samples of Hydra Zen series. I’m seriously surprised and I love it. It’s lasted me for a month now (with alternation with my usual skincare), and I still haven’t found flaws with it. Only thing is I googled and no blog reviews have covered them. I know you haven’t tried it but I can’t resist the urge that you might do a review one day on this series. The gel lotion is more than lovely, essence is not bad and holds up well in my book, and gel cream is more than lovely (They should just rename the series to more than lovely)

Otherwise the SA at Lancome let me try this foundation, she says it’s newer than Miracle Blanc but again I haven’t found any online exposure to it. It has a corrector on top of the foundation, in a rather round (oval?) jar than a foundation tube, priced at about RM150. If you’re ever heading back to Lancome counter again, do let me know your thoughts on it (if you found your shades that is?) :D

pondsandleaves February 10, 2014 at 11:35 pm

*edit* gave to give? haha.

February 12, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Hiya! Isn’t great when sampling brings results? :) I have tried something from the Hydra Zen range a few years ago, which I believe is targeted at hydration and younger skin. For me, the cream back then didn’t work for me. It didn’t feel as hydrating as it should and because it was targeted at a younger age group of those entering the premium skincare brands, I’m afraid it’s a little less than what I need right now. No longer in my 20s! :) As for Teint Visionnaire, which I believe is the one you are referring to, I have been meaning to check it out. I hear it’s very nice for drier skins but I am a little concerned as the Visionnaire serum breaks me out so I was a little worried about the foundation. Still, I’ll go beg a sample and see how it fares and hopefully, I’ll share some thoughts on it :)

Petrina February 16, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Lily Collins is Phil Collins’ (singer/songwriter etc) daughter. She was in mirror mirror with Julia Roberts too :)

I hope the UV formulation sti works for me – I’ve been using their UV shield and predecessors for almost 10 years! And the price hikes are horrible!! Still remember when it was still RM140 ish per tube

February 21, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Oh yeah I remember being told that Lily Collins was Phil Collins’ daughter and I said Oh, she must have gotten her looks from her mother LOL! :D Sorry I’m mean >.< I remember it at RM140 a tube too. Still ouch, but now, even more so :(