Well then, I’ve decided to totally skip the festivities now that it’s all over LOL! Didn’t document much on Instagram anyway since the data connection back at home was just far too slow so those of you who follow me on Instagram were spared my spamming till I got back to the city
Once I got back, I got right back into spamming your Instagram feed – sorry… ok not really I also took part in something called a #designerluxurychallenge which was quite fun and quite an eye-opener but you’d have to see that on my IG feed coz I’m not posting it all here. Instead here were some highlights I thought you might enjoy seeing instead, if you haven’t already
- I caved into the hype and picked me up an Hourglass Ambient Lighting blush in Radiant Magenta, the colour that got my attention first, after I saw it on Karen MBB’s blog. It’s permanent so give me some time to tell you if it’s worth the splurge, despite the mixed reviews out there.
- I emptied a couple more skincare products. Not hard coz I’ve been very good lately, sticking to what I know. This time, it was the Melvita Floral Waters and my favourite Dr. Lewinn’s Line Smoothing Complex. Already have my backups in place, yay! Oh and not happy that the Melvita floral waters no longer come in glass bottles.
- Finally took a store tour of the Nars store at Pavilion KL! First thing to greet me was the Spring 2014 collection and if you haven’t already done so, take a look at the Kauai eyeshadow duo. I’m a bit obsessed by how buttery soft and smooth it is which is very uncharacteristic of Nars eyeshadows, from my experience! I may even spring for it, despite it being a purple! Spring. See what I did there?
- Oh and I also told you that the Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is the best I’ve ever used out there. It is, I promise!
- Attended the official launch of the Maybelline Lip Polish here in Malaysia, which is what the Lip Elixirs are apparently known as although I’ve been told it’s a bit different. But no matter. They’re here and I know there are lots of fans of these out there already! Hands up if you are!
- One of my entries for the #designerluxurychallenge was Le Metier de Beaute Kaleidoscope palettes. It’s a bit funny how fickle beauty afficionados are. At one time, you couldn’t move for LMdB raves up and down the internet. These days, I hardly hear a peep about them. Maybe I’m not reading the right blogs, I don’t know but the big ones aren’t showcasing them!
- I also dug out a couple of Lorac palettes that I have. They’re amazing! You can’t get these anymore as they were limited edition but the quality of the shadows are very impressive. The problem is it’s very hard to get Lorac online at a store that ships internationally for a reasonable price so I’ll just lust from afar. Sigh.
- Pink guava! During CNY my aunt brought some and I ate so much of them! They’re much sweeter than the regular white variety and taste so much better. They also aren’t as easy to find anymore, but if you can, eat them. Delicious!
- And speaking of food, don’t you agree that at a Korean restaurant, the banchan side dishes often trump the main dishes? They’re usually so interesting and I am always curious what I’m going to get each time since they differ from restaurant to restaurant.
- A friend sent me a picture of a sneak peek of Dior Lip Polish by Allure Magazine, which is likely to launch in the later months. Now tell me. Where have we seen these before eh?
- CNY was abominably hot here in Malaysia and I wasn’t planning to doing a lot of visiting so I kept my makeup very light and simple, and these were a selection of items I took home with me. It was wise. It was all I could manage!
- If you’re a fan of Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate the way I am, then you could do your bit for charity with the Keep A Child Alive campaign. A limited edition bottle is sold where you get a collectible charm and 100% of proceeds goes towards the foundation to help provide for children with HIV. Only for the LE bottles though and it’s while stocks last!
How was your festive fortnight? Did you travel?
I’m quite glad to be back in the groove as it were. It was fun to go home and enjoy the festivities but as they say, you can have too much of a good thing!
Instagram my week is an excerpt of the highlights of my week or weeks on Instagram. There are lots more in the full IG feed so follow me there @ParisBMWS for quick reviews, beauty previews and gastronomic delights.