Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlain’s Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

in Blush,Bronzer,FOTD,Highlighter,Lipstick,Makeup,New on shelves,Powder,Product Reviews

Reviewed by:
Rating:
On December 4, 2013
Last modified:December 3, 2013

Summary:

This year, I have not been taken by any of the Christmas collections from most brands. Every collection seemed to look the same and as is wont at this festive time of year, every collection gets that bling factor that can sometimes be far too much for daily wear. I was all ready to shut my wallet and call it a day till Fall/Autumn 2014 when my eye fell on Guerlain. And just like that, I tumbled head over heels for 3 items in the Guerlain Crazy Paris collection. Damn you Guerlain, you just know how to grab me!

I’d shown you the photos of the items when I picked them up so this is mostly just my thoughts on the items I bought, why I love them so, and why I think they are worth considering if your budget allows it to be stretched that far.

guerlain crazy paris collection Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

The primary item I planned to pick up was the Crazy Meteorites Radiance Power. You see, as much as I love the Meteorites loose perles, they are a right bitch to travel with. The packaging is bulky, the balls will disappear and it creates a right royal mess if they open up in your travel pouch. So, I’ve been lusting after the pressed version for the longest time.

However, the Meteorites Voyage weigh in at a staggering RM400+ and that’s just mind-boggling. I may be mad, but I have my limits and I will not pay over RM400 for a face powder. When I saw the Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder, I thought that like the Wulong powder from last year, it too would stagger me at prices over RM400. So, imagine my surprise when it wasn’t!

Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder – RM224

Sure, at RM224, it’s not exactly loose change either. It’s still very expensive and yeah, I have to be crazy to spend that much money on a powder. But hey, if I didn’t get it now, I’d never be able to buy it! And after 2 weeks of using it, I’m so happy I got it icon biggrin Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

guerlain crazy paris meteorites Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

The powder reminds me of Mythic, the radiant finishing powder, but with more significant pink tones. Don’t layer on too much if you don’t want to have the pink tones show up on skin. I use a large fluffy brush, swirl it all over the powder and the apply it all over my face, to finish off my look, as it were. The effect is amazing. You can’t see anything, it’s a translucent powder after all, but it is almost as if you have taken a blur tool to your face in real life. It just makes my skin look better and natural. Pores and lines appear softened, skin looks smoother and brightened, it’s like photoshop in a compact. Love!

As you can see, my compact is already showing wear which surprised me a little. But I’m not too fussed because the compact will fit the refill pans of the Meteorites Voyage which come in under RM200 so I’ll be able to refill it as I go, and I plan to. If you don’t intend to pick anything up from any makeup collection this year, pause for a moment to consider the Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder. I have never been happier with a piece of makeup!

Guerlain Crazy Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder – RM224

This one was an impulsive purchase that I’m also very happy with. I’ve read so much about how wonderful Guerlain Terracotta bronzers are but all shades, including the light ones look muddy on me. I don’t wear bronzers well. But when I was about to pass on the Crazy Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder, I paused for a moment. It’s unusual to see a bronzer in a winter collection but it certainly caught my eye.

guerlain crazy terracotta Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

It looks quite dark in the pan, but all reviews pointed to it applying very sheer with a peach toned flush on skin. When I saw it in person, I had my misgivings. It’s so dark! But I bit the bullet anyway and I have never regretted it. This is a beautiful blush!

On fair-medium skintones, it shows up as a peachy flush which serves well as a blush. It makes skin look healthier and perkier with just the right amount of colour on skin without looking muddy or dirty. The texture is very transparent so you get that glow from within, and you can use any brush to apply it. I use a regular blush brush and it applies beautifully. You only need a little to give cheeks that beautiful flush of colour.

I’ve been using it a lot as well since I got it, and it’s barely showing any wear at all! The texture in pan is quite hard, and even when you try to swatch it, it’s very hard and doesn’t give off a lot of colour. The secret therefore is in using a brush. Any brush and the colour is picked up and deposited on skin with the right amount of glow without glitter. There is the signature scent of violets but I forgive them because it doesn’t last and the product performs so well anyway.

Oh and longevity is crazy! It lasts all day, looking perfect from morning to evening! I sometimes like to top up a little pink blush on the apples of the cheeks, but only when I want an extra flush of colour. Most of the time, I wear it on its own because it’s just so perfect. I never thought I’d ever wax lyrical about a bronzer, but here you go. This is the best thing I’ve ever used. Ever!

Guerlain Rouge G – Provocative 863 RM161

This is the bright fuchsia lipstick that you see in the picture and some better pictures of it brand new here. This is the Rouge G formula which is creamy, pigmented and super long lasting. They are among my favourite lipstick formulas simply because they are creamy and long lasting without being drying on lips.

The limited edition Provocative 863 is a bright fuchsia that reminded me at first glance of Madame Batifole but turns out more pink. Instead of the regular shiny metal case, we get a black metal case with a neon pink logo. I seem to find the violet scent a little stronger in Provocative than I’m used to. But again, it dissipates and I forgive it because it’s such an amazing colour against any skin tone.

Here are some swatches because you have no idea what I’m on about without seeing them in action right? icon razz Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

guerlain crazy paris swatches Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

Swatches! Left: Guerlain Rouge G Provocative Right: Crazy Terracotta Healthy Glow Powder

Provocative was swatched just one. Don’t you just LOVE how intense it is?! icon biggrin Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

I had to rub hard at the surface of the powder to get Crazy Terracotta to show up but this gives you an idea of what it looks like if it were applied heavily. Despite the deep brown, bronzed shades in the pan, the product shows up as a peachy flush on skin, which is what sold me onto the idea of getting it in the first place.

And here’s an idea of how the products look when worn.

guerlain fotd2 Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

In the picture, I’m wearing the Crazy Meteorites applied all over, Crazy Terracotta on cheeks and Provocative on lips. Eyes were a mixture of colours from the Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette.

You can’t actually see how the Meteorites look, but just trust me when I say that it acts like a diffuser so imperfections are blurred and diffused. The bronzer isn’t too dark, acting as a contour with a light hand, and as a blush on apples of the cheeks if you layer it on. The lip colour is pure gorgeousness.

In a nutshell

These 3 pieces of Guerlain’s Crazy Paris collection are to me, the best of the collection and quite underrated. This is a good time to pick up the pressed Meteorites because it’s more affordable than the regular Voyage version. Almost half the price! The compact is refillable. If you have been afraid of using a bronzer like I have then you will love the Crazy Terracotta powder which is essentially a light warmed peach flush on skin. The texture is hard to touch, but you only need a brush to lightly swipe across the surface and apply to skin for an instant healthy glow. They weren’t kidding! The lipstick will appeal to anyone who loves bright creamy long lasting lipsticks. All in all, I think these are winners and worth the splurge if funds allow. If you could just pick one, my suggestion is to pick either the Crazy Meteorites or the Crazy Terracotta depending on what you will use more of. I promise, you won’t regret it one bit. I haven’t icon biggrin Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

Pros: Everything I’ve been raving on about above – they’re just perfection!

Cons: Pricey, Limited Edition, Violets scent in powder and lipstick are a little strong but dissipate

Who will like this: Anyone who already loves the Meteorites perles, Anyone who doesn’t like bronzer but wants a light healthy glow on skin, Anyone who loves longlasting creamy bright coloured lipstick

I realise these are pricey items so no, they aren’t must haves. If you are already in the market for something similar then these are there, at the top of the heap. Quality is excellent as I’ve come to expect from Guerlain and the finishing of the product and the case is lovely and luxurious.

Did you pick anything up from the Guerlain Crazy Paris collection? Are there other collections you’re eyeing?

These were all I picked up. The rest of the collection was blah to me and I cannot get over my dislike for the Crazy Paris Champs Elysees tin of pearls LOL It’s the only tub of Meteorites I haven’t bought since I started collecting them! icon biggrin Crazy Paris! I was immune until Guerlains Provocative & Crazy Meteorites crashed through my brittle Crazy Terracotta heart

Guerlain Crazy Paris collection. Prices are as set out above  Availability: All Guerlain counters Limited Edition: Yes, Chistmas 2013

Sunny
December 4, 2013 at 8:36 am

Whee I’m glad to hear you love them all! It’s amazing how different the bronzer and lipstick look on you! It’s like what I have is something completely different ;) I use the bronzer as a bronzer. It takes a little building-up for it to show up on me as a blush, but for some reason it works really well as a bronzer. That powder is probably the first thing I’d recommend to anyone who has the budget: it IS Photoshop in a pan!
Sunny recently blogged…Even This Shimmer-Phobe is Converted by Chanel Accent Joues Contraste!My Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Isn’t colour wonderful, Sunny? :D We can all wear the same thing and it’ll look different on all of us :D I can’t be too heavy handed with it but it’s such a pretty blush for me, I don’t want to use it as a bronzer at all! I love how I can finally wear a Guerlain Terracotta something… anything! HAHA :D

Tracy December 4, 2013 at 8:46 am

YUP! Have the Crazy Meteorites in my cart as we speak and have been hemming but getting it now! Everything looks gorgeous on you!
Tracy recently blogged…GOSH Cosmetics CC Cream Illuminating Foundation and GOSH BB Powder ReviewMy Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Thank you Tracy! If it’s the one in the pan, hit check out! :D

Hanny Daforcena
December 4, 2013 at 9:06 am

Am I crazy, and colorblind or is the Rouge G red to my eyes. Worse thing is, am now based in MidValley for the time being for my summer internship, eeee! There’s Guerlain at the Gardens, no?

As always, PB, you look amaze-balls~ ^_^
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Heading To An Interview? Wear This! FOTD: Office-Appropriate Pop of ColorMy Profile

AnT December 4, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Hi Hanny :D
LOL there’s a Guerlain at the Isetan Gardens, just next to the SKII counter :D

December 6, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Haha it could just be the computer, Hanny – not crazy or colourblind :) In person, it’s got a pink base but it does lean red. There’s a Guerlain counter at Isetan Gardens if you want to check these out :D Thanks sweets!

December 4, 2013 at 9:41 am

I’ve been debating whether to get the bronzer or not… I’ve been staying away because it’s just too beautiful and I really shouldn’t be spending more money. LOL!
Lily recently blogged…The Perfect Palette TagMy Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Well, unless you can use their other bronzers, it’s hard to find a bronzer that actually works from Guerlain for light skin tones so I say get it ;)

Lyn
December 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

I wanted to get the bronzer stuff but Guerlain at Parkson KLCC didn’t have testers available then. So I only got the radiance powder. But based on your review and what it looks like on you, I think it should be ok on me too.
Lyn recently blogged…Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation – An Affordable Everyday FoundationMy Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm

What? They still don’t have testers?! Jeez :P They didn’t either when I went but it was the 1st day so I expected it. Tsk tsk… But if you can still get it, I think it’s very pretty and you’ll definitely be able to wear it. Want me to check if there’s stock?

jk December 4, 2013 at 11:03 am

This is all too dastardly!!
I was only indoctrinated into Meteorites perles just this year or late last year and I already have my 2nd “tin” on standby. Now with the (portable) Crazy Meteorites … yum.. and since I am going to travel at the 2nd 1/2 of this month.. a perfect excuse to pick that one up.
As for Crazy Terracotta – having finally picked up “the” blush brush, what must naturally come next – the appropriate blusher. I am actually shopping around for the right blush.. (I was looking at Benefit’s blusher but somehow the paper box packaging did not quite bite.) But with this Crazy Terracotta – ka-ching! ($ outgoing, not incoming)

December 6, 2013 at 5:31 pm

LOL Did you get it JK? I do suggest that you try the blush for yourself to see if you’d like it. It’s nice to be able to contour and blush at the same time but since I never got the hang of contouring, I’m just blushing with it. Benefit blushes are nice, but you’re right about the boxes. Still, if you do look at Benefit again, check out Coralista and Hervana, my 2 fave blushes from them. Also take a look at the new Dior blushes. They’re nice too!

jk December 9, 2013 at 4:25 pm

As at Sunday evening, Isetan at The Gardens apparently only had the last of Crazy Terracotta. Snapped that up without blinking too much. Especially since the SA told me in the next breath that they ran out of stock re: Crazy Meteorites.
Put myself on the wait list for the next shipment – don’t know when..
There I was so hyped up to pick both items in one go, as a consolation, went and spent $$ on Revlon’s super lustrous shine lipsticks – yes plural. 2 of them @ RM23/- each – On sale!! Wahoo!

December 15, 2013 at 2:07 pm

Ooh good on you for getting the last Crazy Terracotta, JK! I do hope you like it and I do hope there’ll be more Crazy Meteorites coming Ooh and Revlon’s SL are on sale?! GAH! Best time to pick them up! I hope to remember to check them out soon .

Victoria December 4, 2013 at 11:17 am

You really look amazing and the Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder really looks so tempting. LOL. But I already bought myself the Meteorites Powder in Teint Beidge and I am loving it :-)

December 6, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Thank you Victoria :) I’m happy you are loving Teint Beige! I use that quite often too because it’s less sparkly than Teint Rose and makes skin look amazing :D

liyeun December 4, 2013 at 11:42 am

Damn you guerlain for making paris liking your products now cos she is also making me like it more!!! Did u see the other 2 lipsticks? If they r good, all these will make a great dent on my purse!!! Aaarrrggghhhh!!!
liyeun recently blogged…Want a moisturizing lipstick without busting your wallet?My Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Hahaha damn you Guerlain for just being so perfect! :D I did see the other lipsticks, Liyeun but I’m not as big a fan of the Rouge Automatique packaging so I passed on them. The red one is nice though.

AnT December 4, 2013 at 12:25 pm

LOL! Crazy Paris Collection! They have gotten the right tagline for this collection especially for Paris B :P

Me need a little glow on my skin :D Meteorites Radiance Powder I am coming! :D LOL!

December 6, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Haha yeah, it’s like made for me right? :P

Tracy December 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I received the pressed powder as a gift, and I must say they make a very nice finishing powder and gives the face a soft, airbrushed look. But the scent of Guerlain powders is quite overwhelming, which is my only gripe about their stuff.

December 6, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Aww you lucky girl, Tracy! That was a very lovely gift! The scent does get to me too but thankfully it doesn’t last. I do tend to forgive them because their quality of the products have been quite consistently good and quite consistently luxurious unlike some other brands :)

Ting December 4, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Dear Paris, Guerlain is calling you crazy!!! :p I must say I am most surprised by the bronzer-blush. It did look so muddy in the pan, but on your arm swatch it’s so very pretty!

December 6, 2013 at 5:35 pm

LOL I know right? How dare they… and how dare they make me spend so much money :P You aren’t the only one surprised by the bronzer, Ting. I had already written it off but then I saw all the swatches online and suddenly, it was like I had to get it. I’m so suggestible especially when it comes to a brand I love :D

Cecilia Wong December 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm

I can only afford to buy one. Which one do you suggest I get?

December 6, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Hey Cecilia, it’ll depend on what you’re really looking for. If you, like me, have never been able to use a bronzer but like peachy toned blushes then the Crazy Terracotta is a nice piece to own because it’s quite unique. If an airbrushed sort of finish is what you’re after then go for the Crazy Meteorites. As for the lipstick, I honestly think you can pass, because the colour is pretty but potentially dupeable. The formula is great of course, but I think the powders are more special and you can save the Rouge G for another day :) Hope this helps!

St December 4, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Hi PB!

Is the crazy meteorites ball equally gd?

St

December 6, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Hi ST I found the Crazy Meteorites Perles a bit more sparkly and a bit more pink. Generally, I’m a huge fan of the Meteorites so I’m a little biased ;) But for a finishing powder, I think the pressed version works better with less shimmer but it will depend on what you’re after :)

Larie December 4, 2013 at 11:54 pm

Non-muddy bronzer, gack! I need one like that! But Guerlain $$$ T_T

AND HOLY COW THAT LIPSTICK, PARIS. You’re smoking!
Larie recently blogged…Perfume TagMy Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Haha you made me laugh, Larie, thank you! :D I know what you mean by gack! I felt that way but had to bite the bullet because … non muddy bronzer! To justify, I told myself this is all I’m getting this year and and I’m sticking to that :)

Arpita December 5, 2013 at 2:40 am

Oh God! Now I want the lippie with an undeniable lust! No prizes for guessing where I’m headed tomorrow!

December 6, 2013 at 5:40 pm

It’s so provocative, isn’t it Arpita? ;) I hope you managed to get it :D

S. Drama&Makeup December 5, 2013 at 2:58 am

I own the regular meteorites and I have to say I’m not too crazy about them. I like them but I don’t know, I often forget about them.
After reading your post I sooo want the pressed version!! I really like the bronzer but I have quite a few I already like :)

December 6, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hey S do you have Teint Rose? Based on your pictures, I think Teint Beige might give you the look you’re expecting to have ;) The pressed Meteorites is really really nice. Can you try it in person and see if it works for you?

gio December 5, 2013 at 3:04 am

This is such a gorgeous collection! The Guerlain Crazy Meteorites Radiance Powder looks so tempting and that lipstick looks amazing on you!
gio recently blogged…Product Review: Senna Midnight Wine CollectionMy Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Thank you Gio! I was all ready to pass on this collection but eventually caved. Can’t leave Guerlain for too long can I? :P

Tine @ Beautyholics Anonymous
December 5, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Oh hello I see my compact right there. Kekeke!
The compact is gorgeous. Works well on my yellow-toned skin. And hot dang woman, that lippie is stunning on you!

December 6, 2013 at 5:54 pm

hehe hope you’re loving it as much as I do, Tine! I’m wearing it everyday, I swear I’ll hit pan on this before I know it!

plue
December 5, 2013 at 7:42 pm

you know earlier I said I will not be picking up anything from Guerlain’s Crazy Paris collection? Well, I’m eating my own words!

i just had to pick both of them up because well… it’s so pretty and I have cash vouchers to spare so i didn’t need to pay as much as I thought I would have to :P

so far my loose meteorites perles has traveled pretty well (touch wood) though I often worried that the balls may shatter during the trip, who knows ya? Bringing the loose perles is a bit troublesome but then it makes you look so good in photographs! Now that there’s this cheaper pressed version, life will be easier.

I don’t think I can fork out the RM400+ permanent pressed version too! That’s madness la.
plue recently blogged…Guerlain Sakura Cherry Blossom G Blush & TheBalm Down Boy – Excellent Combo!My Profile

December 6, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Hahaha want some ketchup, Plue? :P I wasn’t planning to pick up anything either but then changed my mind when I realised that the collection was more than the Crazy Paris eye palette and the Crazy Meteorites Perles :D I don’t travel with my loose pearls because I don’t want the hassle of them spilling. But they will crush, which is sometimes good because the resulting mix of powders is stunning! I sometimes feel like crushing them all just to use the powder mix LOL!

Jennifer December 7, 2013 at 10:45 am

PB, your love for Guerlain is enough to make any lady swoon and be madly in love with Guerlain too! Reading your numerous posts on Guerlain products make me believe that one day, when I am into lipstick and ready to try the balls, I’d hop onto the Guerlain bandwagon in a heartbeat!

December 9, 2013 at 10:24 am

Haha I’m such a bad influence, I know >.< But pretty products that work well just have to be shared you know :D

Martina December 8, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Just a quick question about the radiance powder.. I went to the Guerlain stall in Tangs Singapore and I was told by the SA that the powder is non-refillable. How are you planning to refill yours with the Mythic refills?
I’m considering buying the powder so just want a little more info..

December 8, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Hi there I’m told it can possibly be refilled with the Voyage Mythic powder refill. It won’t be the same powder of course but is a pricier product. There’s a hole at the back where you can pop out the empty pan in due course. I believe the Voyage refill pan is the same size hence my intention to refill it in due course. This is of course conjecture at this point but I anticipate being able to refill :)

KL December 19, 2013 at 11:16 am

Hi Paris B ,
You got me really interested to try the Guerlain Radiance Powder. I seldom use makeup, hence the following newbie questions.
I use a tinted sunscreen cream , do I apply the Powder after the sunscreen cream ?
Another concern is does it come with a sponge or brush ? Is it good enough or should I invest in better brush ?

December 24, 2013 at 11:52 am

Hi KL, yes this is your last base step to go on your face so it goes on after sunscreen or foundation whichever goes on last. It does not come with an applicator, so you will need to use your own brush. I find a powder brush works although I use this one or sometimes the Lunasol Face Brush. You don’t have to use these, just a powder brush should do the trick.

Sw January 1, 2014 at 6:11 pm

Hi PB, I just purchase the radiance powder and I notice it doesn’t help in shine control. Is it ok for me to put on pressed powder then only the radiance powder? just to add on I don’t have oily skin but it’s just the shine I get from bb creme by mid day.

January 3, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Hi Sw, the pressed powder isn’t meant to control shine, only just to add some radiance to the skin. I’m sure you can layer it over your pressed powder :) But put a thin layer of powder only or if it’s your BB Creme that’s causing the oil, blot first then powder then apply the radiance powder :)