What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

in Beauty Roundup,Discussions,Musings

Whew! Where do I even begin?

2013 has been one hell of a year… and I really do mean it. It’s opened my eyes and made me think about things and in some ways has helped me decide how I want to go forward. After all, 2014 is a brand new year!

But you know what? This post isn’t about me. I’ve had my say. It’s for all of you.

2013 roundup What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

I doubt I’d have gotten anywhere this year without all your interactions, your input and your questions. So for all of you who have joined me on this blogging journey in 2013, THANK YOU!

Here are YOUR Top 3 favourite posts in each month of 2013. Did you miss any or were you here with us contributing to the numbers? icon smile What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

January 2013

whiten What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

February 2013

shiseido lacquer nocturne3 What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

• The Lipstick Bandits have now unofficially disbanded due to various life obstacles that have come our way but this Valentine’s Day edition was quite well received. Here was my pick icon smile What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time
  • I rediscovered using cotton pads to apply toner on my skin and it helped my skin a lot! I still use it now and again especially when I use exfoliating toners.
  • Another skincare discovery in the early part of the year was using cream cleansers or cleansing milks. This was of course, before I started my obsession with cleansing balms icon biggrin What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

March 2013

maybelline color tattoo shadow What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

• March was a crazy month with so many popular posts but you guys enjoyed my 6 deadly sins of blogging the day MWS celebrated our 6th anniversary icon biggrin What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time
  • We also considered if we’re willing to get inked!
  • And speaking of tattoos, we finally got the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows that are seriously amazing. I gave you some quick and dirty thoughts on them with some swatches of the colours we have but I never got round to a complete review. Hmm… Bad to the Bronze gets the most use for me!

April 2013

lunasol skin modelling foundation3 What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

May 2013

makeup badskin What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

• We got into a fascinating discussion about whether makeup gives you bad skin.
  • I learned and shared a tutorial on a super quick and easy way to apply foundation that many of you tried and reported great success with. Are you still using this tip? I am!
  • For someone who loves blushes so much, I hardly talk about them! Here are 5 light pink ones I picked out from my collection. I hope to do more of this next year

June 2013

wash brushes every use What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

July 2013

skincare day night What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

August 2013

winter travel clothes2 What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

September 2013

ugliness blogging What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

October 2013

wash face morning What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

November 2013

pretty packaging makeup What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

December 2013

skincare routine chore What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

Just looking back at what you enjoyed most based on your comments (which is about as good a gauge as any!) it would appear that 2013 was the Year of Skincare. There were so many skincare tips and goodies to learn about and even personally, it was also my year for taking care of my skin so I’m more than happy that we had a lot to talk about!

I loved also how we get into discussions about so many things outside of makeup and skincare that it almost feels like we’re holding little girly chit-chats on our coffee/tea breaks. MWS has never been just about makeup and products and me, but it has always been about sharing and learning; and I’m happy that we’ve all embraced that opportunity to “talk” to and learn from each other. My new tag line is that MWS is “not just another beauty blog” and I think this round up tells me, I’m right so thank you for making that happen icon smile What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

I hope to hold more of these in the coming year and I hope you will continue to participate and share your thoughts, correct me if I’m wrong, and just talk to me because hey, I love talking to you too! icon biggrin What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

Thank you for choosing to spend part of your 2013 with me and My Women Stuff and although some things are changing around here to accommodate changing times, I hope to see more friendly faces in the coming year and to hold more interesting discussions icon biggrin What YOU enjoyed in 2013 : Thank you for a wonderful time

Stay safe wherever you’ll be later today and I’ll see you when the day dawns on the shining new year of 2014.

xoxo

December 31, 2013 at 9:16 am

Happy new year to you and your family PB :-)
Lily recently blogged…Last Empties for 2013My Profile

January 2, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Happy New Year to you and your family too, Lily!

Tracy December 31, 2013 at 9:21 am

Happy New Year my friend! Your blog is one of my absolute faves and I love reading it so very much as it ISN’T just another beauty blog. I look forward to see what you have in store for next year! xo
Tracy recently blogged…Ten Things I’ve Learned This Past YearMy Profile

January 2, 2014 at 5:27 pm

You are the best Tracy :D I’m happy we got to know each other better the last year! xoxo

liyeun December 31, 2013 at 9:46 am

Happy New Year to you, Paris and all the readers here?.
liyeun recently blogged…1-Month Anniversary Giveaway: Winners!My Profile

January 2, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Happy New Year to you and your family Liyeun!

Dawn December 31, 2013 at 9:59 am

Happy New Year to you and your family!:)
Your blog is a perk-me-up on a work day for me, have really enjoyed reading your posts.
Quite sad to hear that the lipstick bandits have disbanded… I’m a lover of lipsticks ( actually lip products in general) and enjoy seeing what products other people have in their stash.
And also gives me ideas on what else to put on my “wish list”.
HAHA :)

January 2, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Happy New Year Dawn! Thank you for your lovely comment. It made me all gooey inside :D I was quite upset about the disbanding of the bandits too but I suppose life just got in the way for everyone. I love lipsticks too and it was fun seeing what different people will pick for a colour theme.

Victoria December 31, 2013 at 10:34 am

Thank you Paris for changing my life in so many different ways. Your blog has really perked up my workdays and life at the office has never been boring since. I really cannot thank you enough. Have a blessed new year my dear and I hope 2014 will bring you lots of joy, love and happiness :-)

January 2, 2014 at 5:36 pm

I’m happy to be a part of dull dreary work life, Victoria! :D Thank you for all your support through the years – it means a lot to me! Hope 2014 brings you lots of love and happiness too.

dain December 31, 2013 at 12:46 pm

Aww Paris.. happy new year to you doll.. may 2014 be a splendid year to you and everyone here ;)
dain recently blogged…Party time!! Wear NEON!My Profile

January 2, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Thank you Dain! Happy New Year to you!

Rahainah
December 31, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Thank you to you Paris!
I really enjoyed every posts you’ve made even though I don’t comment too often. You’re such a good writer and your writing is very engaging. And honestly, I stopped buying magazines to read your blog instead!
Happy New Year to you and every beauties reading the blog too :-)

January 3, 2014 at 3:04 pm

Thank you Rahainah for reading the blog all this time :) Am honoured that you’d ditch a mag for my blog although I don’t think the mags appreciate that a lot hehe… Thanks again and Happy New Year, my dear!

Tuti December 31, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Happy New Year, PB. Your blogs has accompanied me through out the years and thank to you for adding some collection to my makeup wardrobe. But I am happy :) Keep it up and looking forward for more and more amazing moments and your experiences.

January 3, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Aww Tuti, I think I’ve accompanied you through 2 kids now! :D Glad you’ve been there all this while and thank you too for your lovely emails :) Happy New Year to you and your family! x

Sunny
December 31, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Happy 2014, Paris! I’ve had so much fun reading MWS this year. You’ve really built a community, and that is some real achievement! xx
Sunny recently blogged…Those Are a Few of My Favorite Things in 2013!My Profile

January 3, 2014 at 3:05 pm

Thank you Sunny! I may not always comment but I’m always reading Mostly Sunny too :) Looking forward to more goodies from you to come! Happy New Year xoxo

Jennifer December 31, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Lovely roundup and thank you for every bit of it, Paris. I have enjoyed and learnt as much throughout 2013. It was fun and my skin has MWS and you to thank for her decent state. Looking forward to more beautyrific adventures in 2014 :)

January 3, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Thank you Jennifer for all your lovely comments ::) I’m glad you’ve found something helpful from the ramblings on the blog :D Happy New Year! xx

gio January 1, 2014 at 1:26 am

Happy New Year, Paris!

What a great roundup, and I can’t wait to see what you have in store for 2014!
gio recently blogged…Happy New Year 2014!My Profile

January 3, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Thank you for being there, Gio! Happy New Year and all the best on your blogging journey too! xx

Sam Still Reading
January 4, 2014 at 2:18 pm

Thank you for a wonderful 2013 Paris on MWS! Looking forward to more cosmetics lemmings, food pics and common sense thoughts!
Sam Still Reading recently blogged…2014…new books & challengesMy Profile

January 5, 2014 at 10:02 am

Glad to have had you with us throughout 2013 Sam! Thank you for the support and for reading :D