Whew! Where do I even begin?
2013 has been one hell of a year… and I really do mean it. It’s opened my eyes and made me think about things and in some ways has helped me decide how I want to go forward. After all, 2014 is a brand new year!
But you know what? This post isn’t about me. I’ve had my say. It’s for all of you.
I doubt I’d have gotten anywhere this year without all your interactions, your input and your questions. So for all of you who have joined me on this blogging journey in 2013, THANK YOU!
Here are YOUR Top 3 favourite posts in each month of 2013. Did you miss any or were you here with us contributing to the numbers?
- The one whitening product that I’ve found to actually really work. I’m serious!
- I had a problem with storage and I found my solution at Muji! I’m still using it and still loving it a year on.
- Dior came up with one of the prettiest Spring collections! Here is a flashback to the overview of the Cherie Bow collection
- The Lipstick Bandits have now unofficially disbanded due to various life obstacles that have come our way but this Valentine’s Day edition was quite well received. Here was my pick
- I rediscovered using cotton pads to apply toner on my skin and it helped my skin a lot! I still use it now and again especially when I use exfoliating toners.
- Another skincare discovery in the early part of the year was using cream cleansers or cleansing milks. This was of course, before I started my obsession with cleansing balms
- March was a crazy month with so many popular posts but you guys enjoyed my 6 deadly sins of blogging the day MWS celebrated our 6th anniversary
- We also considered if we’re willing to get inked!
- And speaking of tattoos, we finally got the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows that are seriously amazing. I gave you some quick and dirty thoughts on them with some swatches of the colours we have but I never got round to a complete review. Hmm… Bad to the Bronze gets the most use for me!
- The Holy Grail of foundation was cemented for me in the Lunasol Skin Modelling Liquid Foundation and I suppose anything that is a Holy Grail will get a lot of attention hehe…
- Lots of your input abound in my first foray into micellar waters.
- We had a lively discussion about the need to listen to our own skin. After all, we know our own skin the best!
- We got into a fascinating discussion about whether makeup gives you bad skin.
- I learned and shared a tutorial on a super quick and easy way to apply foundation that many of you tried and reported great success with. Are you still using this tip? I am!
- For someone who loves blushes so much, I hardly talk about them! Here are 5 light pink ones I picked out from my collection. I hope to do more of this next year
- We had an interesting discussion about whether you wash your makeup brushes after every use. To be honest, I’m a lot lazier than I imagine
- I loved all your feedback on your favourite Youtube beauty channels. I clearly don’t watch any! HAHA
- I picked out my Top 5 skincare items to stand the test of time and invited you to share yours. Interesting stuff!
- We shared our day and night skincare routines and this has always been one of my favourite posts because I get to peep into all your skincare routines, long or short!
- Who would have thought that cotton pads could generate so much discussion? Love it!
- I took to the famed Bioderma micellar waters and you shared your experience with it too!
- Products developed by bloggers or vloggers – are you fan enough to buy them? (And no, I wasn’t developing one hehe)
- Discussing which of our beauty gadgets have we consigned to the museum of discarded buys.
- How do you dress for the winter if you’re just going on holiday? I offer some tips and lots of readers share theirs (which is the best really!)
- Separate sunscreen or an all in one? You weigh in with your thoughts even as I share mine
- Who’d have thought that beauty blogging has so much ugliness within? An insight into what goes on behind the happy faces on the blog. It’s not pretty but someone has to share it
- Using a face cloth to wash your face. I share my stunning discovery, and some of you tell me you’ve been doing it all along!
- Do you wash your face in the morning? Such a simple question, such a controversial topic!
- You tell me what skincare you’re willing to splurge on and it’s nice to know many of us are on the same page.
- I moaned about bag organizers not being useful and the discussion that followed assured me I wasn’t alone
- Packaging matters indeed! That’s what the take away at the end of this discussion was although most of us are rational when it matters
- Are you willing to splurge on a hard to find beauty product? You share your ideas!
- The beauty product graveyard seems to haunt many of our homes. It’s the year end. Time to find them new homes or toss them in the trash!
- You tell me if you’re hardworking about your skincare or if you find it a pain in the bum. You maybe surprised to note that you’re not alone!
- Your favourite non-beauty item gets some air-time! Mine was pretty sharp this year – how about yours?
- My favourite beauty brand gets hearts a flutter with their Crazy Paris collection and best of all, those of you who also caved are in agreement with me!
Thank you, everyone
Just looking back at what you enjoyed most based on your comments (which is about as good a gauge as any!) it would appear that 2013 was the Year of Skincare. There were so many skincare tips and goodies to learn about and even personally, it was also my year for taking care of my skin so I’m more than happy that we had a lot to talk about!
I loved also how we get into discussions about so many things outside of makeup and skincare that it almost feels like we’re holding little girly chit-chats on our coffee/tea breaks. MWS has never been just about makeup and products and me, but it has always been about sharing and learning; and I’m happy that we’ve all embraced that opportunity to “talk” to and learn from each other. My new tag line is that MWS is “not just another beauty blog” and I think this round up tells me, I’m right so thank you for making that happen
I hope to hold more of these in the coming year and I hope you will continue to participate and share your thoughts, correct me if I’m wrong, and just talk to me because hey, I love talking to you too!
Thank you for choosing to spend part of your 2013 with me and My Women Stuff and although some things are changing around here to accommodate changing times, I hope to see more friendly faces in the coming year and to hold more interesting discussions
Stay safe wherever you’ll be later today and I’ll see you when the day dawns on the shining new year of 2014.