in Cheap and Good?,FOTD,Lipbalm,Lipstick,Makeup,Product Reviews

Reviewed by:
Rating:
On November 27, 2013
Last modified:November 26, 2013

Summary:

When the world raved about the Clinique Chubby Stick lip balms, I sat in my corner, watching the raves and thinking something was wrong with me because I didn’t quite warm up to them. I found them drying and uncomfortable and no one else did. Sure the light tint of colour was nice and it was nice that it was so portable but as a lipbalm? Nope.

So when Clinique came out with the Chubby Stick Intense, I wasn’t at the forefront of the queue lining up to get these. I hung back, afraid I would be disappointed again. Then, I tried one and I was all “GET ME MORE!!”

clinique chubby stick intense I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

Yes, you could say I’m a fan of the Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm. I have 2 for now and I plan to pick up even more because these are just amazing lip products! The colour is absolutely lovely on, it isn’t drying one bit and it’s just so portable and easy to use!

For all those of you who asked what lip colour I was wearing in the Dior Golden Snow post, it’s this – Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose icon smile I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

The Chubby Stick Intense lip colours are to me, essentially lipstick. They come in a portable twist up pen form like the regular Chubby Stick Lip balm except that these, as the name implies provide a more intense colour. I’m all about intense colour. Why wear lipstick if you don’t intend to show it off, that’s my philosophy LOL icon biggrin I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

clinique chubby stick intense2 I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

I started out with Roomiest Rose 06 which is, as the name implies, a rose lipstick except that it goes on my lips a slightly warmed rose-red. The intensity is good. Far better than the regular Chubby Stick Lipbalm but falls short of a true opaque lipstick. In that sense, the name “intense” is quite a misnomer because it’s intense when compared to it’s sheer lipbalm chubby counterpart, but not all that intense when compared to other lipsticks.

The texture is creamy and it feels moisturising on lips which makes it a very comfortable product to wear and one which I can safely say will suit many, even if you aren’t the sort to wear lipstick. The swatches here should give you an idea of what I mean.

clinique chubby stick intense swatches I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense swatches 1x – Left: Grandest Grape Right: Roomiest Rose

With just 1 swipe down my arm, the colours have that moisturizing balm texture to them, but aren’t as intense as the name implies. In fact, I’d say that they are very wearable shades precisely because they aren’t super intense, which I know scare many people.

I recently picked up Grandest Grape which looks a deep dark plum in the tube. I must say I was a little worried because I’m past my deep lip phase (makes me look older than I am!) but when swatched, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that it is a cool-toned berry red that is much lighter than what I see in the tube.

clinique chubby stick intense lip I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

Left: Chubby Stick Intense Roomiest Rose Right: Chubby Stick Intense Grandest Grape

You may notice that the Chubby Stick Intense have a bit of transparent texture and some glow to the product on lips. That’s probably the lip balm element of it, which makes it very comfortable to wear. Roomiest Rose as you see, has slightly warmer tones while Grandest Grape pulls slightly cooler, but both have a red base and that’s how I like my lipsticks. I must say I was not expecting it but I am pleasantly surprised.

Here are both shades worn in a full face shot, to give you an idea of how it looks.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense – Roomiest Rose

clinique fotd2 I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense – Grandest Grape

dior golden snow fotd2 I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

They look quite similar on, don’t they? icon razz I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love! Grandest Grape is a little deeper so if you don’t like deep tones in lipstick, don’t go for Grandest Grape. Roomiest Rose however is a very lovely face brightening shade that I think will suit many so make that your first, and you’ll be hooked! I was icon razz I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

In a nutshell

I love these! I didn’t like the Chubby Stick lipbalms but the Chubby Stick Intense lip colours have blown me away with their lovely colours and texture. I haven’t been this excited about a new lip formula in a while so believe me when I say I want more colours! I find them smoother in texture than the regular Chubby Stick lipbalms and they aren’t drying on my lips at all. The colours aren’t as intense as the name implies when compared to other more opaque and intense lipsticks. But they make very good everyday lipsticks and are pretty affordable to own one in every colour. Some day icon biggrin I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

Pros: Affordable, Not drying, Nice colours, Easy to use, Lightweight texture, Portable design, Semi-opaque colour and texture makes it easy for most people to wear most colours

Cons: None

Who will like this: Anyone who likes wearing more intense coloured lipsticks, Anyone who did not like the Chubby Stick lipbalms

clinique chubby stick intense3 I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

I wear Roomiest Rose quite often, as you can tell from how much I’ve worn off the edge of the product. It’s definitely a colour to check out and a very nice way to ease into wearing a brighter coloured lip product. I like how lightweight it is and how comfortable it is to wear all day. Love these! Now that Clinique has an online store, it’s going to make it even easier for me mwahahhaahah!

Are you a fan of the Chubby Stick Intense lip colour balm? Which is your favourite colour?

I’m eyeing Mightiest Marachino next. It’s a bright red and heck, I love my bright reds! Also thinking of trying Curviest Caramel which is a nude (and I hate wearing nude lipstick because it washes me out) but I tested it at the counter and there is quite a bit of pink in there that might help me not look like a corpse. Come on then, tell me which colour I should pick next? icon wink I have intense love for the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Lip Colours. Such. Intense. Love!

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm comes in 8 shades in Malaysia Price: RM60 Availability: Clinique counters or Clinique online

liyeun November 27, 2013 at 8:42 am

Oh, that chubby lipstick was what you wore! The colour indeed looks intense, I am so going yo get my hands on this! Which colour? For once I wanna see u in nude!!!! (Ok, that sounded so wrong) hahahahaha
liyeun recently blogged…Is YSL Top Secrets Granule-free Exfoliator a Top Secret worth Knowing?My Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:24 pm

LOL!! The nude one did look quite lovely so I may try that. I think these are great :D

SH November 27, 2013 at 9:04 am

Oh..i was just thinking abt heading over to Clinique counter to pick up some lipsticks..will definitely check this one out!

December 2, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Would love to know what colour you picked! :D I like these better than the regular Clinique lipsticks even! :D

Tracy November 27, 2013 at 9:13 am

UGGGGGGH now you too!!!! I guess I have to get one now because if you love em they HAVE to be good! You look lovely in both shades!
Tracy recently blogged…A Bright Happy Pink For Winter! Chanel Rouge Allure #129 SurprenanteMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Haha! I saw you got one too! I hope it was the Intense version because I can imagine it’d look so amazing on you too! Hope you’ll like it

November 27, 2013 at 9:26 am

I have Curviest Caramel and Heftiest Hibiscus. CC is my favourite nude because it doesn’t wash me out and HH is a bright coral that brightens my complexion. I’ve had my eye on these 2 myself actually. These are great stuff from Clinique :-)
Lily recently blogged…Tagged! 5 Makeup Products I’d Pick In A PinchMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:27 pm

That’s great to know about Curviest Caramel :) I’m definitely eyeing it because of the nice pink tones in it. Still eyeing Mightiest Maraschino myself and yep, Clinique definitely scored a hit in these

nicoles mirror November 27, 2013 at 9:32 am

OMG Talking about jumbo lipstick or lipbalm or lip liner, I am all in! My favourite is from Tarte. Their lipsurgence is amazing! Surprisingly I quite like the Revlon ones too. I feel Tarte feels better on my lips than Clinique ones. Have you tried lipsurgence from Tarte?
nicoles mirror recently blogged…Tarte price list in Malaysia – Finally!!!My Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:31 pm

LOL Sounds like you love your jumbo lipsticks! :D I have tried the Tarte Lipsurgence but I wasn’t impressed. Found it too drying and didn’t like how it felt on my lips and the minty feel bugged me :P

Nicoles Mirror December 2, 2013 at 4:58 pm

Paris, I went to Sasa last weekend and saw this jumbo lipsticks from Colistar, I think you might like it. No minty taste or scent to it, similar to Clinique :) Plus it is affordable RM59.
Nicoles Mirror recently blogged…Beautiful Bali Day 1 – Pura Tirta Empul,Kintamani (Grand Puncak Sari), Tampak Siring & Monkey ForestMy Profile

December 6, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I’ll take a look, thanks Nicole :) Just RM1 difference from Clinique though! Haha ;)

Dee November 27, 2013 at 9:36 am

I found the clinique chubby lipbalms dry and uncomfortable too!! so i was hesitant to try these chubby intense. They are much moisturising you say? :) Might just pick one out and try again. hehe

December 2, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I felt the exact same way Dee, so I know how you feel! These Intense ones feel so much better on my lips and don’t make them look old and dried out either LOL Happy testing! :)

Ting November 27, 2013 at 9:38 am

Hello Paris! Both shades look rather similar, and they both look so good on you!

I’m not sure if my eyes are deceiving me. On arm swatches the Roomiest Rose looks like it has micro sparkle in it. But on your lips it looks matte!

I love your philosophy about wearing lipstick and showing off… haha! Even wearing a nude shade is showing off (other parts such as eyes). :p But yeah… for those who wants to remain low profile, there’s always lip glosses. :p

December 2, 2013 at 2:36 pm

In person, the difference is a little more pronounced but they’re both really nice colours :D It isn’t matte, has a nice glow to them but no shimmer. I know, I saw shimmer on my arm too and was all what?!?! :P

Ting December 3, 2013 at 11:45 am

Maybe you have used shimmer body cream that day. HAAHHAHAAH

lyn
November 27, 2013 at 10:58 am

I have Grandest Grape too, something I bought some time back but have not gotten around to using. I remember being rather impressed when I tested a bunch of colours at Clinique. They are definitely better than the original Chubby Stick.
lyn recently blogged…Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation – An Affordable Everyday FoundationMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Oh snap, Lyn! :) Go dig it out and wear it! I’m sure it looks nice on you

Rin November 27, 2013 at 11:12 am

Hi Paris! I am a fan of the Chubby Stick Intense lip colour balm! The colour that I have is… Roomiest Rose *high five* Love it! Not sure which colour I should get next? Hehe. U look great in both colours!

December 2, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Oh *high5* Rin! Great taste! :D Get Grandest Grape if a deep colour is to your liking. It’s very elegant :D I’m probably going to try Curviest Caramel next for a change

Victoria November 27, 2013 at 12:37 pm

If you say it is that good, I really need to check this out at the Clinique counter. Hopefully, I will find a suitable colour for myself ;-)

December 2, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I’m sure you will Victoria! Try Roomiest Rose. I think it’ll look really nice on you! :D

Tine @ Beautyholics Anonymous
November 27, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Phwoar these are gorgeous. My mum gave me one of the Intense Chubby Sticks because she accidentally bought the wrong one. She wanted the regular Chubby Sticks and then asked me if there’s something wrong with hers ‘cos it’s so pigmented! Haha first time hearing a complaint that a lippie is giving way too much colour payoff! I still have it but haven’t used it yet. Currently using and loving the regular one in Pudgy Peony :)

December 2, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Yep these most certainly are gorgeous and LOL at your mom! Yeah, I’ve never really heard anyone complain about lipsticks being too pigmented before hehe… Couldn’t use the regular one but glad the Intense version is nice :)

casey23 November 27, 2013 at 4:10 pm

I love these!!!! These are my transition lippies into more “intense” colors. First bought roomiest rose and curviest caramel, and last week I bought a nice set from Clinique including roundest raspberry. These chubby stuff is really good for my taste :)

December 2, 2013 at 2:58 pm

You’re right, they are excellent transition lipsticks! You can layer them on for a little more colour too which is what I like as well :) I went to see if they had some Christmas sets for these Chubby Stick Intense lippies but there weren’t any :( Would have been nice if they did have a set so I can just pick up a bunch of colours I may not already own :)

Hanny Daforcena
November 27, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I love this! Mine is Mightiest Maraschino, which is a bluish red. ^.^ Another reason to love Clinique, I guess!
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Now Here’s Something Unexpected, An Eyeliner That Doesn’t Budge On The Waterline! Review: Sephora Long Lasting Kohl Pencil in Infinite BeigeMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:58 pm

That’s my to-get shade, Hanny! Nice pick! :D

Sunny
November 27, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Hey Paris, I have Curviest Caramel and I like it! It’s somehow between a nude and an MLBB. It doesn’t wash me out! I think you’ll manage to pull it off as well because I am a bit darker and my lips perhaps more naturally-pigmented. If it’s fine on me, it should be great on you!
Sunny recently blogged…The Classic Holiday Pair: Chanel La Précieuse Rouge Allure Velvet & Rouge Rubis Le VernisMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Hurrah, Sunny! Am definitely going to get Curviest Caramel next! As much as I like bright lipstick, it’s sometimes nice to tone things down, and it’s not easy to find a lip colour that doesn’t make me look dead :D

leona leong November 27, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I would love to read ur comment on curviest caramel as I been looking for a good nude color that doesnt make me look sick.

December 2, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I’ll share when I get it Leona :) It won’t be very soon but I know it’ll happen!

gio November 28, 2013 at 3:21 am

I agree with you. If you’re gonna wear lipstick, show it off! I really like these. The colour payoff is great and the shades so pretty!
gio recently blogged…Product Review: Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-up RemoverMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Yay! Someone who agrees with my lipstick philosophy :D These are great stuff and I’m glad you agree how fab they are!

Marina(Makeup4all) November 28, 2013 at 4:33 am

I really like your dress (shirt) , two of my favourite colours. :)
Marina(Makeup4all) recently blogged…Too Faced Makeup Collection for Spring 2014My Profile

December 2, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Aww thank you Marina :D It’s the top half of a shift dress :D

Mari Ohira November 28, 2013 at 9:15 am

I loved the Grandest Grape shade! So bright and girly! Too bad I cannot wear bold colours these days – the skin around my mouth is a bit dry and flaky right now. I’ll definitely look for them in the airport, though!

December 2, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Aww sorry to hear that Mari! I hope your skin gets better soon. Incidentally, I had some really flaky dry skin on my body and I tried some La Roche Posay Baume B5 and it’s awesome. I plan to review it soon, but if you can get it, try applying a thin layer on the flaky skin and see if it helps :)

PeiQing November 28, 2013 at 10:42 pm

i’m not really a lipstick person, but I realized my sis gave me the chubby stick mega melon and it actually look pretty healthy on me. Think I might start to appreciate lipcolours and chubby sticks now! ;)

December 2, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Hurrah for your sister, PeiQing! :D Once you get your lipstick feet, you’ll be ready to graduate to the Intense Chubby Stick ;)

Sam Still Reading
December 1, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I love these, especially Plushest Punch. I think there’s still a couple I don’t have…but want!
Sam Still Reading recently blogged…The Kissing Season by Rachael JohnsMy Profile

December 2, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Uhoh I’m going to have to check out Plushest Punch – I wonder if we get it here?

plue
January 3, 2014 at 1:06 pm

i think we do! i think I saw it when I was swatching away.

I didn’t quite like the Original Chubby sticks, it is wee drying for me. I have chapped lips so it doesn’t help in relieving them. I find that it is similar to Revlon’s version, so I didn’t buy anymore from Clinique.

i still debating if I want something from Intense, but haven’t found a shade I like enough to buy.
plue recently blogged…Guerlain Sakura Cherry Blossom G Blush & TheBalm Down Boy – Excellent Combo!My Profile

January 3, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Yeah the original CS weren’t for me either. Everyone loves them so much I always think I”m the only one out there who hates it. It’s good to know I”m not alone! I love Roomiest Rose Intense for an everyday lip. Almost worn off the top of the lipstick now! That’s how often I use it.

plue
January 3, 2014 at 6:19 pm

now that’s saying a lot about how much you like Roomiest Rose LOL! may go look at them again, Roomiest Rose was one of my picks but i was not sure if I needed another rose colour lipstick :P

January 5, 2014 at 9:47 am

Ah I can always make room for another rose lipstick in my life :) That’s the most flattering colour for me! ;) Give it a go. It’s not too pricey ;)