Goodness, I haven’t done a blog tag in such a long time that it is almost refreshing to be remembered and tagged by a fellow blogger! Haha! Back in the days when I first started blogging, we’d be forever tagging each other to do these things, but I haven’t done one of these for a while so it’s nice to go back to basics.
Marina of Makeup4all tagged me last week to share a 5 Product Makeup post and I thought it was so refreshing to be tagged, I’d do it!
Essentially, all I had to do was pick 5 products I’d use to do my makeup. It wasn’t hard but it wasn’t easy either because you know us women. We’d have 300 scenarios in our head for what we’d need to doll up for and it’s always that 301st that has us stumped
But I picked out these 5 products on the basis that with only 5 products, I’d go simple and keep my focus on looking flawless. Before you read mine, put on your thinking caps, there will be a test!
So here are the 5 items I picked for my 5 Product Makeup.
- A bright lip – I picked the Estee Lauder Wet Plum Lip Lacquer but I was basically gunning for a bright lip. It brightens up the complexion and allows you to get away without messing about with your eyes. You may notice that no eye products feature! See, wear a bright bright lip and no one will notice!
- A bright blush – My pick is the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in Pink Coral, a colour I have been using a lot of lately. Again, a bright pop of colour on the cheeks simulates the bloom of youth and makes you look younger and perkier. Alive, as it were.
- A brow pencil – My pick is the very worn Shu Uemura Hard Pencil 9 in Seal Brown. I love it for being easy to use and for giving me defined brows. I picked brows over eyeliner because I find that when I have brows on, it frames the face enough for you to get away without eye makeup. I however, do not like having to take it back to the store to sharpen to the sword shape that makes it so easy to use so once I’m done, I’m going to have to find a retractable pencil in a similar shape. Please feel free to recommend me your faves.
- A good concealer – Yes lovelies, I have a lot to conceal and so I go for my Holy Grail concealer, the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. It brightens my under eye area, conceals blemishes, stays on all day and is just pretty much perfect. Can’t go anywhere without this one!
- A light foundation or base – The Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB Beauty Booster is pretty much a foundation for me. It has good enough coverage and just gives me that good base that I look for, evening out my complexion and any ruddiness in the skin. I’ve been so happy with the condition of my skin that I now use this on work days for my base and it’s awesome.
So that’s pretty much what I’d use if I could only pick 5 makeup products. My focus is on the skin because it’s what I think I need to work most on. Right, so now I have to tag some people to do this tag so I’d pick Tine, Sheila, Tracy, S (DnM) and Mag. Go forth and spill!
If you could only pick 5 makeup products, what 5 makeup products would you pick?
I’d love to know what 5 makeup products you’d pick too so share away in the comment box or on your blog. There’s no logic to this you know. Feel free to pick whatever you want, and justify it (or not) as you will. Maybe you want to do 5 products for eyes? Or 5 for lips? Ooh that would be fun… It’s fun and it really does test you because really, only 5 makeup products? You gotta be kidding right? hehe… Oh and if you have a rec for a retractable angled brow pencil, please share too!