O’slee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III: Heavy on the hydration, light on the wallet

in Cheap and Good?,Product Reviews,Toner/Lotion,Treatment

Reviewed by:
Rating:
On September 12, 2013
Last modified:September 11, 2013

Summary:

I went from not using any toner at all, to being quite a believer in this step I used to gloss over before. In my defence, I now use hydrating toners because they help my skincare go on better and hey, anything that helps my skin look better is a good thing! Being something that I use up quite quickly, I was pleased when recently introduced to one from an affordable brand – O’slee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III. No, I’ve no idea what I and II were like.

oslee rosehip beauty lotion Oslee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III: Heavy on the hydration, light on the wallet

For something that retails at RM59.90 I was quite pleased to see that it came in a nice hefty frosted glass bottle. Sure, lots of people will say “Glass is so heavy! It might break!” to which my reply is “Don’t be so clumsy then” icon razz Oslee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III: Heavy on the hydration, light on the wallet But honestly, I like products that come in glass bottles.

The O’slee Beauty Solution is essentially a hydrating toner. It claims to add moisture to skin, whiten, refine pores, reduce blackheads, neutralize free radicals, soften skin to promote product absorption and be relaxing. Whew! Is there nothing this wonder multi-tasking liquid can’t do? Naturally, I had to see if this does fulfill all its promises!

Short answer.

What this product is, is a lotion/toner/softener. In this respect, it does a decent enough job. I usually saturate a cotton pad with the clear rose-scented liquid and then wipe it over my cleansed face, and then lightly pat it in. Then, I follow up with my serums and potions.

As a toner/lotion/softener, it works. My skin feels refreshed and it isn’t drying. If you aren’t the sort to use a cotton pad, then pouring some lotion into your palm and then patting it on your skin does the same job. It isn’t quite as liquid as water. There is some slight viscosity to it, and it leaves skin feeling almost immediately nice and hydrated.

Basically, don’t buy this lotion for its numerous claims. Get it if you want an affordable hydrating lotion because it does do a fair job in this department. You can also use this as a quick mask. If you soak some cotton pads, or a paper mask in the lotion, it can help refresh your skin. However, I find it dries too quickly to work as a mask for me.

oslee rosehip beauty solution Oslee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III: Heavy on the hydration, light on the wallet

There are however, 2 things I don’t quite like about it. The first is the obvious rose scent. I find it too strong. It does smell of fresh roses and all that, but I don’t like my facial products having too strong a floral scent. It throws me off because I start thinking I should be spraying it on as a perfume instead. It’s that strong.

The second thing I’m not crazy about is the hole dispenser. It doesn’t pour out too much product, which is a good thing, but it also doesn’t pour out enough each time. So, I have to shake the bottle to dispense enough lotion to saturate my cotton pad. Also, I have to get the cotton pad very well saturated, because otherwise, it doesn’t glide over my skin nicely.

So, as a product, it is a fair cop. It serves its purpose to quickly refresh the skin while adding some moisture, and it does soften the skin somewhat. I can’t measure all those other claims so I’ll just tell you take them with a grain of salt. It is a decent enough product, and I’ll finish this, but its not something I’d repurchase. It just doesn’t wow me. But if I needed something affordable this does the job just fine.

In a nutshell

The O’slee Rosehip Beauty Solution is a lotion that acts as a hydrating toner for skin, before you put on your serums and moisturiser. I find that it does work quite well. It doesn’t smell unpleasant even if the rose scent is a bit too strong for my tastes, and it feels comfortable on my skin. It however doesn’t quite hydrate my dry skin as well as other products I’ve tried and while I’m comfortable enough with finishing this bottle, it isn’t something I’d repurchase, because it doesn’t do much for my skin.

Pros: Affordable, Hydrates and refreshes skin, Can be used as a quick mask

Cons: Strong rose scent, Hole dispenser doesn’t dispense enough product each time

Who will like this: Anyone in the market for an affordable hydrating lotion/toner/softener

Here’s the ingredient list:-

oslee rosehip beauty lotion ingredients Oslee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III: Heavy on the hydration, light on the wallet

I also realised why I was a little hard on this toner. It is pretty decent, make no mistake. But I started using this after being wowed by the Estee Lauder Nutritious lotion that I’d finished up, and am too stingy to replenish. It looks like I might have to, some time. I can’t believe I’m missing a toner!

Have you tried this Beauty Solution before? Have you used any product by O’slee?

This was my first time actually. I’d seen the products at the pharmacy before and they are mostly quite affordable. I think they come in from Hong Kong and I may be open to trying others in the line. Any recs? icon smile Oslee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III: Heavy on the hydration, light on the wallet

O’slee Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III Price: RM59.90 (or watch out for sales) Availability: Guardian pharmacies and online

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by distributor for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Cynthia Loh September 12, 2013 at 9:28 am

I had this too…And I don’t fancy them as much. I find their alcohol contain is bit strong though.
Cynthia Loh recently blogged…The Evolution of BB CreamsMy Profile

September 17, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Hmm… I didn’t notice the alcohol but I thought it was ok. Not crazy about it enough :)

Firn September 12, 2013 at 9:41 am

What are your thoughts on P50? I am using a glycolic, lactic and salicylic acid prescription toner and it has worked wonders for my skin texture!

This one seems to have pretty decent ingredients (zinc which should help with irritation, niacinamide for hydration and rejuvenation, and lactic acid which should gently exfoliate) but I’m not too crazy about the hydrogenated castor oil (which I have in my makeup remover).

September 17, 2013 at 6:50 pm

I haven’t used P50, Firn. It’s so hard to get, and I’ve been wanting to try the Pixi Glow dupe but without success since it’s not available anywhere online! I did find it a little curious why there was castor oil in there. I’m finishing this up but it’s not something I’d repurchase.

Michelle Beh September 12, 2013 at 10:24 am

I used this toner once before and it’s a good hydrating toner but do not believe all those claims as it will not happen that way. I did not like the strong scent either. But as a toner, it did quite a decent job and it’s quite affordable.

September 17, 2013 at 6:51 pm

The rose scent really disturbed me! I mean, I like fresh rose scents, but in a perfume, not in a skincare LOL!

Parita September 12, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I am not much into hydrating toners since I have acne prone skin but seems like a good product for mature and dry skin types..btwo on a different topic… any idea if MAC Mari-Sheeno lipstick is still available in MAC stores in KL?
Parita recently blogged…Its Raining NARS With Make Your Mind Express Yourself Cheeks Collection!My Profile

September 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm

I think hydrating toners are a little misunderstood when it comes to hydrating ones. This does infuse skin with some hydration which helps moisturisers absorb better too, and acne treatment creams too :) That said, I think just plain rosewater will do just fine too ;) I’m afraid I have no idea about the availability of the MAC, Parita. I’m not into the brand so I don’t pay attention to it, sorry!

S. Drama&Makeup September 12, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I’m trying to get into toners lately but I have to admit I still haven’t found one that makes me feel the difference!
This seems a good enough product, if I’d find it where I live I may give it a shot.

September 17, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I have to admit that I never quite understood toners myself earlier, S but I now view them as bridging products. As in, they bridge and ease me into my moisturisers, because I apply my serums and creams on damp skin and toners bridge that gap. Also, in Asian skincare, toners are “softeners” that help soften skin to help prepare them to absorb the creams that follow. So, since I look for these benefits, I look for toners that serve these benefits. Plain rose water or floral water spritzed on the skin serves a similar purpose too but truly, that Estee Lauder one actually made a difference to my skin!

Hani Lutfi September 12, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I’ve given up on toners. I haven’t found anything good from the drugstore yet and that sucks because the only good one I’ve tried is a small sample from Kiehl’s and it worked so well, I was impressed. The price is a little bit too much to pay for a step that’s not even quite necessary. I’ll just stick with my Neutrogena oil-free cleansing water whenever I feel like my face needs some more cleansing though. Or, whenever I feel like my skin needs some kind of refreshment.
Hani Lutfi recently blogged…THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS : CITY OF BONESMy Profile

September 17, 2013 at 7:00 pm

I’m going to agree with you there about the drugstores/pharmacy brand toners, Hani. They rarely do what I want from a toner too. Well, except Hada Labo Lotion but that is a totally different kettle of fish! I used to think toners aren’t necessary too but I’ve since changed my mind. I have found that my skin looks better with a toner (exfoliating or hydrating) and it bridges my skincare especially because I apply serums and creams on damp skin. So, using a toner has made a great difference for me (something I only discovered recently) :)

Juan
September 12, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I just got a Kiehl’s ultra facial oil-free toner and love it to bits cos I think I can feel it doing its job soaking up all the excess oil though doesn’t do much in hydrating the skin. But, that I leave it to the serum and moisturiser to do their job to hydrate :)
Juan recently blogged…The new Shiseido Ibuki – skincare that promotes inner strengthMy Profile

September 17, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Ooh you liked that? I wasn’t too impressed with it when I tried it before LOL! :P But the rest of the Ultra Facial Oil Free range is pretty good!

Lavender September 12, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Tried before but don’t really like the smell also. The hydration is ok for me
Lavender recently blogged…Product Launch: Milbon Hair Care lineMy Profile

September 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Just far too strong, wasn’t it? I’m finding it hard to finish it now, but will persevere :P

Ting September 17, 2013 at 11:41 am

You can remove the plastic thing to get more products out. :)

September 17, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Good idea! Might be able to finish it more quickly too haha!