Save your pennies – NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

in Events,Food & Lifestyle,Makeup,New on shelves

Alrighty, I briefly mentioned this earlier this week but let’s make this official. This is the biggest news to hit the local beauty scene since the opening of Sephora Malaysia, I’m sure many will agree. Never have I felt this level of electric excitement sparking through the beauty industry at the mere whisper of the brand name.

NARSssssss……

nars malaysia Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

A famous makeup artist whom I met again at the pre-launch party, who I’d only ever seen with a very serious face prior to this, had the biggest grin on his face. It wasn’t just the drink talking either. It was the thrill of a makeup artist who knew that he could finally get his hands on all his favourite products right here in Kuala Lumpur, without having to make that trip down cross the causeway to our neighbour, Singapore or overseas. He was very pleased.

Yes makeup mavens, if you did not already know this, NARS Cosmetics is coming to town, with the first store slated to open at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur in November 2013.

I don’t have a lot of information for you right at this moment. All I can tell you is what we were told at the pre-launch. The first NARS Cosmetics store (yes, store!) will be at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur targeted to open in November.

There will be another 3 stores or counters slated to open thereafter in the following months, so I think we will see them pop up in most of the popular shopping malls around the Klang Valley by next year.

nars malaysia launch Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

When I posted this picture on Facebook, a friend remarked that she thought FELDA had branched into makeup HAHA! Ok, it’s quite deceptive I agree, but I’m sure all of you didn’t make that mistake icon wink Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur! Plus, you don’t get more Malaysian than FELDA.

I picked up a Lip Satin Lip Pencil recently overseas due to all the hype, and I’ll be giving that a whirl soon. I just HAD to see if it was worth all the raves or if it might just fall flat for me.

nars malaysia launch2 Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

They certainly got a lot of attention although I’d say most of the attention was focused on the blushes. Tell me who doesn’t want a touch of Orgasm on their cheeks?!

nars radiant foundation Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

I, on the other hand, was more interested in checking out the new Radiant Creamy Foundation compacts. I worked out that I will be a Mont Blanc in this which is great, because we don’t get any lighter shade locally. This one gets loads and loads of raves everywhere so I’m curious to see if I’ll like this as much as I like the Radiant Creamy Concealer. It comes in a compact and you can buy the refills separately. Considering that the compact is made from the same rubberized material that all NARS compacts come in, I’m going to pass on it. It’s no secret that I absolutely abhor the packaging of NARS products. I’m just curious to see how well they’re going to hold up in our weather before falling apart like mine have.

The NARS Fall Collection for 2013 was on display and there will be a selection of brand new Eye Paint Gel Liners in very bright, vibrant colours. They swatch very creamy and are long lasting.

nars fall collection Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

Couldn’t get better pictures because the crowd was insane but you can check it all out yourself in November when the store opens icon smile Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur! No prices yet. No one seems to know, but I’m told to expect it to be priced higher than MAC (naturally) but lower than a luxury brand like Guerlain so that’s quite a big price range right there!

PB briefly reviews NARS

For me, NARS has always been hit or miss. I used to love their blushes. I had a humungous collection of them way back in the day of every colour you could think of, from the light baby pink Desire to the brick red Exhibit A. I later gave them all away and whittled down my collection to just a few that I will use.

nars collection Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

The lipsticks are alright. Nothing I’m too crazy about (you can read my review on Manhunt and Gipsy), I love the Radiant Creamy Concealer but you already knew that, and I’m also a big fan of the Tinted Moisturiser which I hope to tell you about soon (Thanks for pushing me in this direction, Sze Ling!).

Eyeshadows are to me also hit or miss. Dogon is beautiful but I believe, limited edition. I have another in Tzarine which is also quite lovely but also quite limited edition and also the deep coloured Rajasthan. I had a couple of others in shades which looked terrible on me so I eventually gave them away too (Mediterranean is noteworthy, being a burnt orange and mustard yellow – I think I lost my mind during that period :P) There’s one called Kuala Lumpur which I would have picked up out of pride, except that the colours don’t suit me one bit. Quality is touch and go. Feels a bit dry but works best with a brush and a lot of blending.

I had the Orgasm Illuminator which I too gave away because it couldn’t work for me. I refuse to try the Multiples (although there’s one called Malaysia!) because I naturally dislike stick face products but they are popular. Sheer Matte foundation was a disaster for me but I’m assured that Sheer Glow will be much much better.

For me therefore, NARS has been a hit or miss brand. I can’t say I’m a huge fan, but the ones that work for me work very well. Those that don’t, fail in a spectactular way. But if you’d like to see some pictures and thoughts on the blushes and shadows  I have, please feel free to tell me and I’ll oblige icon smile Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

What I think I’m pleased about is being able to check out in person just how much a hit or miss a product can be, without having to take a gamble online or overseas. That, and knowing that Malaysia Multiple and Kuala Lumpur eyeshadow duo are finally where they belong icon biggrin Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

Are you bouncing in your seats in excitement? Do you have a favourite NARS product?

If anyone loves the Orgasm blush, please raise your hand! I can make it work, but it’s not my favourite. I’ll show you my fave another day icon wink Save your pennies   NARS Cosmetics is coming to Kuala Lumpur!

NARS Cosmetics will have its store in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur in November 2013. More details will come as we get them

Hani Lutfi August 31, 2013 at 9:00 am

Oh my goodness, I can’t wait for this!!!!!

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 3:56 pm

One of the most exciting beauty news to hit this year eh?

Sunny August 31, 2013 at 9:03 am

Wow, JEALOUS! I have to cross the border here for NARS! My favorite NARS product is Lodhi Satin Lip Pencil, but most NARS products I’ve tried tend to be just OK. I like the primer, but it’s not really “better” than UDPP for me and I prefer the squeeze tube packaging, so I’m unlikely to repurchase that. With that said, I’ve been told NARS base products are stellar, so I’ll have to look into those!

PositivelyNice August 31, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Sheerglow lives up to the hype. =)

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Haha we used to have to do that too Sunny! Hopefully you get it in Belgium soon :D I hear the eye primer is good but I don’t use a primer so I can’t tell. I think a lot of it is hype (oops!) but their base products have so far been quite impressive for me so I’m waiting to give more a go.

Lavender August 31, 2013 at 9:13 am

Never own a Nars yet. Thanks for the update

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Soon you can ;)

Firn August 31, 2013 at 9:32 am

YAY! I do find NARS quite affordable for a luxury brand. I got my cream blush at only $52, when I was expecting it to cost more haha… I am allergic to their makeup remover that I used to remove swatches on my hand and their liquid foundation smells weird. I am still loyal to Japanese foundations since they have amazing finishes (can’t wait to try the Shiseido sheer and perfect one) but your recent NARS concealer review has me intrigued!

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 3:59 pm

They are, at that :) I hear their cream blushes are quite something! The Nars concealer is awesome and I like the Tinted Moisturiser a lot. I do still think the Japanese make the best base products though – always flawless!

gapil27 August 31, 2013 at 10:20 am

*bouncing like on a trampolin*

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:01 pm

haha! I suppose this means you’re excited ;)

Parita August 31, 2013 at 10:49 am

I am glad its finally opening up in KL, checking out the products in person makes a huge difference..i hope they open their store in India as well some day :)
I so want to know the prices of their blushes and bronzers..btw from which site you prefer ordering online Nars?

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Hopefully that happens soon, Parita! I usually buy my NARS from Strawberrynet if they have them but mostly from kissandmakeupny.com :) The latter doesn’t always get good reviews for service so I’d recommend that you proceed with caution. I’ve had luck with them so far though.

Applegal August 31, 2013 at 10:53 am

Yeah yeah yeaaaaahhhh! Now I won’t have to get my hubby to buy Orgasm from the US!! He was so embarrassed when the Sephora staff spoke into her head mike and was heard over the store speakers saying: “this gentleman here needs an Orgasm!”

Cecilia Lukban Wong August 31, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Ha!Ha! Waaaaay too funny!

Jennifer August 31, 2013 at 10:51 pm

Can you imagine if you told him to buy the Multiple in Orgasm… ” these gentleman here needs Multiple Orgasm, please”.. :-)

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:02 pm

OMG Your story made my day! LOL!!! Poor man :D

Florence August 31, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have 2 NARS blushes (orgasm and Gina) and I absolute love it! Looking forward to nars opening in pavilion, gonna increase my collection :) I’m so excited!!

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Yay! I like Gina too and I’m surprised because it’s so orange in pan! But it works very well on my skin which surprised me.

Sze Ling August 31, 2013 at 11:45 am

Thanks for the mention. ;)

Do let us know what you think of the Lip Satin Lip Pencils. I’ve yet to try one. :D

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Most welcome, and I’ll definitely do that. Gotta try it first though… or maybe find it first LOL!

Kristin T. August 31, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I like the Orgasm blush, but i love Deep Throat better due to my fair skin.

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I have Torrid which works on me much better than Orgasm. I don’t think I have Deep Throat or maybe I did but gave it away because it was too similar :)

Hanny Daforcena August 31, 2013 at 12:28 pm

*Dances happily all over the place*

My favorite Nars product has got to be the New Wave Palette. It has 6 eyeshadow shades, including Outremer (bright blue) and Daphne (bright purple) which are my all-time faves, although they actually need a little bit of TLC to work with.

I actually really do want to try Malaysia out as some form of cream contour (curse these chipmunk cheeks!), and Kuala Lumpur! I’ve not yet seen them in person, but it would be fun to buy Nars’ KL right in the heart of KL! I’m also quite interested in their flat, short-bristled contouring brush (forgot the name)…

*squeals in excitement*

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Hahaa I think you’re excited :D I have their #15 smudge brush which is very good. No other brushes though because I didn’t like how they felt. I think you may be able to pull off Kuala Lumpur. I know I can’t!

LeGeeque August 31, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I have orgasm but I have to be careful with it because it is so pigmented! My favourite is actually Sex Appeal which is a pale peach that I’ve actually hit pan!

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I remember you telling me you love that one! It does look very pale but then you are a Dandelion queen ;)

Michelle Beh August 31, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Wow! It’s great to know that NARS is coming to town! Hope that it ll slowly expand their store to whole nationwide:) it will be great!

Rin August 31, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Hi Paris~! NARS is coming. NARS is coming! Yay yay yay! Will be so convenient for all of us :) Yesss.

Rin August 31, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Oh dear me, so sorry I replied at the wrong place.

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Haha no problems Rin, must be all the excitement ;)

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:06 pm

They did say at least 3 more stores and maybe one in Penang? Don’t quote meeee!!!! :P

Lily August 31, 2013 at 8:07 pm

And I can finally swatch the base products :-) I’m waiting for them to open so I can buy the concealer!

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Good choice!

Jennifer August 31, 2013 at 10:52 pm

Wonder if they will bring in the Yachiyo blush brush.

PositivelyNice August 31, 2013 at 11:47 pm

We have it in Singapore. But I am not liking it at all. There are particular uses for it, just not the everyday type of brush.

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm

I’m quite sure they well. We’re getting a store after all :)

PositivelyNice August 31, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Orgasm is not my favourite. Deep Throat fits me better.

And truth be told, I kind of hate all the Orgasm products, the lipgloss, the nail polish. =( Yes, I bought them all, and I regret.

Paris B September 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm

For me, Torrid is better :) I stopped after the blush because I felt the rest were too gimmicky. Also maybe because I decided the colour was much too peachy on me (and the shimmer!). pity it didn’t work for you!

irenekay September 1, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I like orgasm. Serve my cheeks well… Am told their foundation is pretty good. Aint sure either liquid or compact

Paris B September 3, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Teeheee… you like Orgasm yes? ;) hehehe… Ok sorry :P They’ve done liquid foundation so far, while their cream compact is just launched so I’m keen on trying that one :)

Sheila September 2, 2013 at 9:14 am

Hi! Though I’m from Brunei but I am so happy NARS will be opened in KL just because that just make it easier for me to get it and cheaper to travel! I love Nars Orgasm, its concealer and of course the Tinted Moisturiser which I used daily!

Thanks for the info!

Paris B September 3, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Hi Sheila, yay! Easier for you to get to = easier to spend money too! hehe… I love the Tinted Moisturiser too! That’s seriously good.

kel September 2, 2013 at 10:49 am

Oo..I love thier tinted moisturiser..my new ‘holy grail’!! I can finally say bye2 to laura mercier.
And I have kuala.lumpur..only because of the name…aplying it sucks! ! On the pallette it looks so vibrant but once applied it just “fades” still trying yo find a way for it to work on me..but I love deep throat..orgasm just makes me look weird. .so deep throat serves me better (sounds a tad bit wrong..but im sure u get what I mean) lol

Paris B September 3, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Far better coverage than LM that’s for sure! For me it’s almost a light foundation :D I can’t believe you bought KL for the name! HAHA I took one look at the colours and immediately passed. I like Torrid. I don’t think I ever got Deep Throat! Ahem…

plue September 2, 2013 at 4:41 pm

still ok, not very excited, but am glad that I can give the radiant creamy concealer a try as I just can’t decide on which colour I should be taking.

hopefully they won’t be too expensive here!

Paris B September 3, 2013 at 5:41 pm

I hope not too! Still no indication of prices just yet so we’ll see!

Ting September 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm

aiyoh… now you get cheaper NARS over there and I am filled with envy…!! >.<

Paris B September 6, 2013 at 10:19 am

Eh seriously, NARS is SO EXPENSIVE in Bangkok! I bought the concealer for a friend there at over THB1200 :O It better not be as expensive here.

Jennifer September 4, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Hehe awesome! Finally we will be able to pop by the store and check out the goodies :) I did not manage to check out Nars when I last visited Bangkok. Good things come to those who wait :D

Paris B September 6, 2013 at 10:24 am

Indeed! It’s always nice to be able to finally check everything out in person, even if we dont buy anything haha!

Elisa September 8, 2013 at 5:05 pm

wow awesome that you are able to go there! it isn’t available in the netherlands anymore so i need to cross the border to get it =( *sigh.. sucks that sephora isn’t here anymore

Paris B September 9, 2013 at 10:00 am

Aww boo :( It would be nice if good brands were easily available to all of us right?

Tanzina Ashraf October 26, 2013 at 7:17 pm

hello there…….im curious to know how much are NARS
Single blush at Malaysia…..and is the Too faced pretty rebel
palette is still on the market? i dont live in MY but im coming
there for a short visit! hope you will HELP!

Paris B November 3, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I’m afraid we don’t have the prices yet. The store is only due to open in November. As for Too Faced, it’s available at Sephora but again, I’m afraid I don’t have the prices nor availability. If you’re coming to KL in November, you can check both out as both stores are near each other.