in Bath & Body,Health,Moisturiser,New on shelves,Treatment

aesop mouthwash New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator

Australian brand Aesop has been bringing in some new products into the local market, some of which are quite interesting. For example, mouthwash. Outside of the pharmacy aisles, how many skincare and cosmetics brands do you know have developed a mouthwash? Oral hygiene is just as important as having good skin so I found this one amusing and fascinating.

Let me just show you the new additions to the Aesop skincare range quickly and tell you a little about them. Incidentally, we have something for the face, the body and oral hygiene too! icon biggrin New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator

Aesop Mouthwash – RM83/500ml

aesop mouthwash2 New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator

I found this one very fascinating simply because I’m not used to being pitched mouthwashes icon razz New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator I might have expected to see this coming from one of the usual oral health brands, but certainly not Aesop. The product comes in a large, heavy 500ml sized brown glass bottle and is a blend of clove bud, aniseed and spearmint leaf. The minty taste of spearmint is tempered by the mild aniseed flavour and this is alcohol free so you don’t get that mouth-numbing feeling you may have come to associate with mouth washes.

I’m going to give this one a go and tell you how I like it later, simply because its one of the most interesting things I’ve come across in recent times icon biggrin New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator Its been available for a while at Aesop stores so if you have seen or tried, it please let me know what you think of it! I do have to admit that price-wise, it is rather intimidating.

Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Hydrator – RM210/60ml

aesop parsley hydrating New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator

Complementing the other products in the popular Parsley Seed range at Aesop is the new Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Hydrator which is a facial moisturiser. The texture feels light and it is very light on skin, absorbing quickly without feeling greasy or uncomfortable.

The key ingredients of parsley seed extract, willowherb and white tea act as anti-oxidants to sooth the skin and the addition of Panthenol (B5) acts as the hydrator. This face moisturiser helps fight urban aggressors and pollutants while hydrating skin with its lightweight texture that feels lovely in our hot tropical climate.

This one is rather new in stores but I know Aesop isn’t one to change formulas or packaging needlessly so I’ll tell you a little more about this one in time to come. If you’re interested, they sometimes have samples in store so its always worth asking if they’ll let you try something. This being new, the odds are they will have samples so ask and ye shall receive icon wink New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator

Aesop-Marimekko Sauna Duet – RM260/set

aesop marimekko New! Aesop collaborates with Marimekko, Introduces a mouthwash and adds on a Parsley Seed Antioxidant Hydrator

This one is hot off the presses! Aesop has teamed up with Finnish textile house Marimekko to come up with a special edition Aesop Marimekko Sauna Duet, which is a pack of 2 bath and body products in a cloth bag printed with Marimekko’s ‘Vellamo’ prnt. This print as you see in the picture above, was inspired by moving water and the cotton bag is lovely and sturdy.

The Sauna Duet was inspired by Scandinavian bathing culture. Are we familiar with the Finnish and their saunas? I’d love to go and try one for myself one day, in the dead of winter. Apparently, the alternating heat of the sauna and the cold of dipping into the lake is invigorating and good to get the ol’ blood moving. It will certainly be a story to tell! LOL!

The Sauna duet doesn’t quite channel this, but what you get is a Sauna Body Scrub, which is a pumice and bamboo stem body scrub to exfoliate and polish skin and then to be followed by the Sauna Body Balm to moisturise and soften skin. The jars are plastic so you don’t have to worry about breaking something in the shower, and I love the scent! Its scented with fir, pine and sage and smells at once fresh and invigorating. I don’t have the price of this one so I’ll update once I have it.

Do any of these new Aesop products grab your fancy? What’s your favourite Aesop product?

As I said, I have to admit the mouthwash is fascinating although I’m not quite sure I’m prepared to shell out RM83 for a mouthwash, nor tell anyone to. Granted, it may be wonderful, but its still close to RM100! The Antioxidant Hydrator whilst also pricey is something I’m more willing to pay for, if its good for my skin. Mouthwash? Less so.

Aesop products are available at Aesop counters (find here) and their flagship store at Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Prices are as set out above

Disclosure: Featured products were provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Sunny
May 3, 2013 at 8:40 am

That Parsley Seed Hydrator for sure caught my eye! I love the Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Treatment (dry oil!!! Glorious, thick dry oil!!!), so I’m really intrigued by the new member! I can’t even tell which Aesop product is my favorite. I don’t think I’ve tried one that I wouldn’t repurchase, and that’s saying a lot!
Sunny recently blogged…Dior Coral Glow Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo Is Easy to Love, Easy to Use!My Profile

May 3, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I haven’t tried that Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Facial Treatment, but you got me at oil! :D I have got to look it up some day. I’ve read that the Hydrator is good especially for warm climates because its so light. So I’m not sure if its going to be as good in a cold country. Will be good to find out :D

Applegal May 3, 2013 at 9:19 am

Mouthwash! For RM83!! It better be good, haha!

I like the print on the bag very much! That’s something that I would buy ^_^ Are you supposed to use the scrub in the sauna?

May 3, 2013 at 6:39 pm

My thoughts on the mouthwash exactly! :D The print is very soothing, I find. The bath products can be used in a normal bathroom (thank goodness! No saunas here!) and I like that the bottles aren’t glass! Would be a disaster if it was :D

liyeun May 3, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Oh I just bought some products after they have finished but I didnt come across these! Oh my, I must try that hydrator and that duet thingy, sounds appealing…. would love to try that mouthwash too but I could buy dior lipbalm for that price….. how laaaaaaa

May 3, 2013 at 6:40 pm

They have just been launched locally so that might be why they aren’t on shelves yet. I’ve read some very positive things on the Parsley Seed Hydrator so it’ll be interesting, as its supposed to have a lovely light texture – perfect for our hot humid weather! As for the mouthwash, I think I’ll have to go with the Dior HAHA! ;)

Amanda May 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I’ve never tried Aesop before since they’re not available. I really missed the Finnish sauna. Nothing beats having a sauna in your own flat :) The wood stove sauna in a summer cottage next to the lake. I’ve never dipped into the icy water after sauna, not even my Finnish friends *lol* The most I could do was to go to the balcony (-20C outside) after coming out of the sauna, then going back in again. Ahh… Memories ;)
Amanda recently blogged…2013 So Far…My Profile

May 3, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Ahhhh ok, my next destination must be Finland! :D I can’t imagine having a sauna in your flat but it must be absolutely wonderful in winter when a hot room would be preferable to a cold one :D I don’t know if I’d dare hit the snow or icy water though. It sounds like I’m asking for trouble LOL!

May 3, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I have an oil free hydrating serum from Aesop and it’s my first product from the brand. The Parsley Seed Hydrator sounds good too… :-) I love the smell of the products from this range. Reminds me of Uni days. LOL!
Lily recently blogged…A 15-minute Quickie: A Fresher Face For A Night Out Right After WorkMy Profile

May 10, 2013 at 11:05 am

I do like the smell of Aesop products too – they always put me in mind of being in a herb store LOL!

Firn May 4, 2013 at 7:23 am

I personally don’t buy into all-natural mouthwashes. Most people don’t need a mouthwash and they don’t use it correctly either. A mouthwash is best used separately from your toothpaste or it dilutes it (removing that cavity-preventing fluoride). I only recommend fluoride-containing alcohol-free mouthwashes (Colgate Plax, Pearlie White etc) for patients prone to cavities. There are other mouthwashes that are good against gum disease but they taste quite unpleasant.

For bad breath, I personally prefer Dr Harold Katz’s Therabreath range. They do a mouthwash, toothpaste and spray. It really works for neutralising morning breath and post-lunch food odours. It’s not cheap but it will work much better than this glorified mix of essential oils. :/

*rant over*
Firn recently blogged…Art of the Touchup: baseMy Profile

May 10, 2013 at 11:15 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Firn! I do love hearing from people who are trained in the area of discussion and who know what they’re talking about ;) I don’t use mouthwash generally because I read somewhere that it was unnecessary, and those with very strong burning sensations can actually be detrimental to oral health. Is that true?

Makeup Morsels May 4, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I’ve never tried anything from Aesop before, so I don’t know what their products are like, but these certainly sound interesting. Love the old time apothecary packaging! And that mouthwash sounds very cool, can’t wait to read your review on that one in particular.
Makeup Morsels recently blogged…Feeding My Blue Addiction With Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils | Review & SwatchesMy Profile

May 10, 2013 at 11:20 am

Eeps! I’m with you MM, I’m in love with their brown bottle packaging because its just so old skool you know? :D I’ve tried a couple of items and whilst I haven’t been absolutely thrilled by them all, they seem to be good enough for my skin not to break it out or irritate it too much (plus they smell nice and herby!)

EL May 10, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I feel the same way! Their products are no doubt chock full of natural goodness and ingredients but it doesn’t necessarily deliver ground breaking results. Are you still loving the parsley oil?

I am liking their tea tree exfoliant though!
EL recently blogged…Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom first impressionsMy Profile

May 10, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I’ve finished the Parsley Seed cleansing oil and didn’t replenish because the glass bottle was just a disaster waiting to happen. I think it was ok, but I wasn’t used to not using it with dry hands, dry skin :)

EL May 5, 2013 at 11:16 pm

How much is the marimekko duo?
EL recently blogged…Jo Malone Osmanthus BlossomMy Profile

May 10, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Just got the prices, EL – its RM260 :)

EL May 10, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Thank you!

Would love to get my hands on these!
EL recently blogged…Jo Malone Osmanthus Blossom first impressionsMy Profile

Angela May 6, 2013 at 11:26 am

I’ve reading a lot of this new mouthwash, and I’m actually quite interested. I use mouthwash on a daily basis, and I would love to try this one.

May 10, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I’ve read it doesn’t leave that burning feeling in the mouth. I think that makes it a plus already!

reese May 8, 2013 at 10:58 am

Is the mouthwash a concentrated formula? do you have to dilute it?
Actually Yuan has a range of mouthwash for sometime now :P

May 10, 2013 at 3:23 pm

No, its not a concentrated formula so its just used as is :) I have a little sample of the Yuan one somewhere I think :D

V.Quin May 22, 2013 at 9:36 pm

Wow, knowing Aesop releasing all those product in fancy bottles are really surprising. I live in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, and the only Aesop brand I ever encounter here is of bar soap. Nothing fancy, more or less like dettol soap, something normal you can buy in convenient store for less than 5 bucks. Now I’m seeing the bar soap in a whole new level :D