in Blush,Bronzer,Eyes,Eyeshadow,Face,FOTD,Lips,Lipstick,Makeup,New on shelves,Palettes

dior bird paradise Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

When Pantone announced that the colour of the year for 2013 was emerald, I could not help noticing that many brands didn’t utilize it for teir Spring collections. We saw mostly pinks this year. But for Summer, Dior is rectifying that with a vengeance!

The theme for the Dior Summer 2013 makeup collection is the legendary bird of paradise that flies through the skies, never touching the ground, free, flamboyant and elusive. Truly, who has ever seen a bird of paradise? (not the flower icon razz Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss ) Drawing on a sunny, tropical theme inspired by the Amazon jungles of South America, the Dior Bird of Paradise collection is lush and green, with tropical brights included.

I had a little preview of the collection yesterday and wanted to share with you a sneak peek of the products available, and what they look like when applied by the expert hand of Dior’s Pro-team International Makeup Artist from Spain, Junior Cedeno (who is also a super cutie and amusing to boot!) icon wink Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss Just a quick one and I’ll have the more detailed swatches, tips etc to follow in time to come.

The star product in the collection is the Diorskin Nude Tan Paradise Duo (RM198). Locally, it is only available in 001 Pink Glow and is a bronzer-blush. Use half of it to contour and the other half for a pop of colour on cheeks or swirl for a warmed pink. I have missed Dior’s summer bronzer/blush offerings (of which Rose Brazilia from 2009 is a personal fave!) so its nice to see it come back. Junior showed me a super neat trick with this one that I have to share with you soon! The colour isn’t quite true to colour due to lighting but I’ll have better photos up soon.

dior bird paradise duo Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

The Paradise Duo comes with a cute little mini kabuki brush, but Dior is also releasing a limited edition Summer Brush (RM210) which is a blush brush with bright red bristles. Interesting, I will concede!

dior bird paradise jelly Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

Another very interesting product I’m keen on is the Dior Jelly Lip Pen (RM85). It looks pretty much like one of those balm-lipstick crayon pens that we’ve been seeing in recent times. It’ll be interesting to see how this one performs, since I personally find that Dior does lip products very well. It is rather sheer with a lovely shine and an interesting scent. I have seen reviews on the other products but none on the Jelly Lip Pen yet which is unusual.

There are 2 5 colour eyeshadow palettes (RM210) in shades of green which will either turn people on or turn them off, depending on how much they like to wear colour on the eyes. The textures are quite sheer and as is normal with Dior quints, shimmery. I’m curious to know if they have the buttery, pigmented texture of palettes like the Golden Savannah and Night Golds palettes. Junior showed me some very nifty tricks with the eyeshadow palettes, and I’m really excited to share them with you later too! icon smile Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

dior bird paradise feather Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

Also new are 2 mono eyeshadows in Feather and Parati. Feather is a gorgeous olive green with golden shimmer that just screams at you from the pan “PICK ME!” while Parati is a matte navy blue that Junior tells me was created by Yves St. Laurent when he was heading the House of Dior. It is an intense navy that is absolutely breathtaking as an eyeline

Another item that has the nail fan going gaga is the Bird of Paradise Nail Lacquer Duo (RM95) which you see in the first picture above. You get a duo of mini 7ml Dior nail polishes in Samba (Metallic turquoise and pastel green) and Bahia (bright fuchsia and petrol blue). Use together for dazzling nail art, or separately. I just love the adorable little bottles and the mini sizes and you can do some really nifty water nail art too!

dior bird paradise nail Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

The Eye Gloss from last year makes a comeback this year. These are cream eyeshadows that come in a tube, and that gold shimmer one is going to be a sell out because you can use it not only on your eyes but as a highlight for the face. I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw how beautifully it worked and how subtle it is. These backstage tips and tricks are amazing stuff, I tell you!

dior bird paradise nail2 Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

What we in Asia will not be getting are the Diorskin Nude Tan BB Creme and the Paradise Duo in Coral Glow. This is, I believe primarily a marketing decision as bronzing isn’t big here in Asia so a BB Cream that promises a hint of a tan wouldn’t go down as well as one that promises to brighten skin, and Coral Glow is the deeper toned of the two Paradise Duo powders. You can see some swatches of Coral Glow on Becca’s blog.

I had the opportunity to let the maestro, Junior Cedeno Dior International Makeup Artist, do a little makeover for me and it was fun! He’s an amazing artist and imaginative and I have picked up some backstage tips that I will share soon; but here’s how I looked after. Junior used the Summer collection and taught me a whole bunch of tricks involving the Diorsnow BB Cream. I swear I’ll never look at BB Creams the same way again – my eyes have been opened, my world enlarged!

dior makeover Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

This is how I looked after almost 4 hours. Base was perfect, eye makeup didn’t budge and cheeks were softly blushing. I had been sweating in the heat and still nothing was out of place. Celebrities and models who work with him are very lucky!

Note: If you too want to pick up some tips from Junior, he’ll be hosting a public makeup session at KLCC this Sunday, April 28, 2013 and also private one-to-one sessions with a fully redeemable RM350 voucher from Isetan KLCC or call 03-2382 0286 for more info. I enjoy watching international artistes at work – they always have something fresh to teach us and Junior is amazing – suave, funny, down to earth and incredibly talented. One of the best I’ve had the pleasure to meet so catch him before he flies off to do the makeup for celebrities in the upcoming Cannes Film Festival icon biggrin Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

During Junior’s public appearances, I believe his focus will be on the new Addict lipglosses. You will already see the new Addict lipglosses and complementing lipsticks out at the counters. I showed you Delice recently. Like the previous ones, there are 3 formula – sparkly, creamy and pearlescent depending on the look you are going for. These are favourites of mine, and have been for years. They are also one of 2 brands of lipglosses I will buy and use simply because I love them that much icon biggrin Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss The price hike recently is rather hurting the wallet though icon razz Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

dior addict gloss Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

I hope you’ve enjoyed the sneak peek into Dior’s latest collection. I know its making waves everywhere already! Locally, it will be available from 1 May 2013 which isn’t too far away

Are you eyeing anything from the Dior Summer collection?

I usually don’t go for summer collections most of the time because they tend to be warm and I don’t play well with warm colours. Last year’s Aurora eyeshadow palette for example wasn’t something I’d normally wear. But this year’s collection is quite neutral and the bright colours are very pretty. I’m happy to see the bronzer/blush because I like that, and I’m curious about the Jelly Lip Pen. Less crazy about the eye colours (because I’m in a neutral shadow rut) but what Junior Cedeno did with them blew me away. You? icon biggrin Dior Summer Sneak Peek: Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 Collection and new Addict Lip Gloss

Dior Bird of Paradise Summer 2013 collection is limited edition and is available at all Dior counters from May 2013. Prices are as shown above.

Teri April 25, 2013 at 8:52 am

Thank you for sharing these amazing pictures Paris! Dior definitely outidid itself this year, the whole collection is just gorgeous! I’ve been lucky to try some of the Dior Products too and they did not disappoint! It’s interesting how Feather looks very different here, I though it was more of a teal here. Maybe we got different shades? Also it looks like you get more eye glosses! And you look absolutely lovely with those shades btw! ^^
Teri recently blogged…Dior Miss Dior Eau De Parfum GWPMy Profile

nawi April 26, 2013 at 3:44 am

The feather on the picture does not resemble the real life colour at all. I wown it and in real life its a gorgeaous teal/green/blue shade.

May 3, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I’ll have to re-check the colour, Nawi – thanks for the clarification. I guess store lighting just doesn’t do it justice!

May 2, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I’ll have to take another look at Feather. Maybe the bright lighting in store was playing tricks on my eyes. I’ll have to take your word for it that its teal ;) am loving the collection too – will go read what you have to say about them :)

Angelina April 25, 2013 at 8:52 am

Eye candy in the morning. Re to Junior. Haha. I am eyeing the Dior Jelly Lip Pen and Eye Gloss. May is just around the corner – can’t wait.

May 2, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Mmm he’s most certainly eye candy! Loved watching him (& talking to him too of course) ;) I can vouch for the Lip jelly pen as being very nice. Not much colour, just a touch, but lovely on lips :)

Leila April 25, 2013 at 9:27 am

Oh I am looking forward to this collection so much! We still have a month to go before release, but that’s ok, more time to save ^-~ I usually never like summer collections much (only bought two items out of all brands’ summer collections last year) as they’re usually too bronze and warm for me, but this year, they are all excellent!

It seems the two blue eye glosses are Asia-exclusives this year, I haven’t seen them on releases for either Europe or US. In fact, I only found out about them because I checked Asian versions of the Dior website. It’s a shame really, since I quite like the look of the deep blue one. There’s so much though and I want half the collection that missing out on a couple of items is ok.

Oh yeah, in case you’re interested in reviews on the Jelly Lip Pens, Gaia at thenonblonde.com did a review on one of them yesterday, so you may want to check that out.

I can’t wait to read your reviews and see your swatches. Thank you for sharing the pictures!

So many beautiful collections, ah Dior you’re killing me!

May 2, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Thanks for letting me know of the Jelly pen review, Leila. I have to say, its really quite lovely on lips. Very sheer, so don’t expect too much :) like you, I don’t usually do summer collections too. Bronze and warm colours aren’t my thing but Dior just had to shake things up this year, didn’t they? :D The quint is pretty and there’s a neat trick with this one. I’ll have to quickly get my post up so I can tell you how special it can be! :D

Applegal April 25, 2013 at 9:46 am

The eye makeup is SO PRETTY!!! Such an interesting shade of green!

May 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm

That’s what I thought too! Truly a master! He did this with the deeper green quint.

Tracy April 25, 2013 at 10:12 am

You look GORGEOUS!! I can hardly wait to see your reviews and tips! I think I’m going to get the BB Cream in fair because it’s seems so nice when I swatched it!

May 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Thank you Tracy :) I don’t think we get the same BB cream but it would appear that the Dior ones get raves for most textures so I think you’re safe. I do really like the Diorsnow version!

Hanny Daforcena
April 25, 2013 at 11:50 am

EEEEPS! Feather looks so pretty! I seem to have something like this somewhere though… Heee~
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Colored Tattoos, Oh My! Review: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted PurpleMy Profile

May 2, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Haha you very well might, Hanny!

April 25, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous! This collection is nailing it :-) I can’t wait for it to be out in May. I hope I won’t be too late when I get back from the trip >_<
Lily recently blogged…The New Dior Addict Gloss and Dior Addict Extreme in 343 Spring BallMy Profile

May 2, 2013 at 7:11 pm

You could even check it out at the airport I’m sure ;) I love the whole collection too. Very un-summer yet very fitting for the warm season.

gio April 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm

That green eyeshadow is so pretty! Love the nail polishes too. Can’t wait for this collection t hit the counters here.
gio recently blogged…Product Review: Nivea Pure & Natural Action DeodorantMy Profile

May 2, 2013 at 7:13 pm

The mini polishes duo are definitely worth looking at. So cute!!

Firn April 25, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Ooh can’t wait to see the BB cream tips! Anything to make a flawless base last in the humidity, which is my main beef with all the makeup tutorials, nobody has shown their FOTDs after 1 day or done any tutorials on touchups!

May 2, 2013 at 7:15 pm

You’re right, Firn. Most of us would just take a picture immediately after putting on a fresh coat of paint heh… To his credit, the base of just BB cream stayed on for hours for me, but he buffed it in a bit, then topped up with some powder. That was it!

Angela April 25, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Now I really want this collection. The colors are so adorable, and I’m really interested in those Jelly Lip Pen. I’ve been really into lip crayons lately, and these look so beautiful.
Angela recently blogged…Sulwhasoo Skincare Basic Kit|Traditional Recipe Infused With Modern IdeologyMy Profile

May 2, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I’m really into the Lip Jelly Pens too! Do be warned that they aren’t very strongly pigmented but give a lovely hint of colour to lips and isn’t drying one bit! I used it in place of lip balm :)

Rin April 25, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Hello Paris!

OMG! You look absolutely stunning!!! ABSOLUTELY.
I am definitely eyeing the Jelly Lip Pens AND the new Addict lipglosses! So yummy looking. I totally adore Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Pearl 654 that I own. So excited to check out these new yummy looking ones. I would love to know the BB cream tips too. I just have to say this again: you look absolutely stunning!

May 3, 2013 at 4:18 pm

*blush* Thank you Rin :) I loved the makeup and was so loathe to wash it off! Made me look (and feel) like a film star, he did :D I love Dior glosses too! They are truly the best aren’t they? So glossy and shiny and not sticky at all! The Jelly Lip Pens are really nice too but don’t expect too much colour. I just get a hint of colour, which is great if you just want a fresh sort of look. Works pretty well as a lip balm too!

Sunny
April 25, 2013 at 5:17 pm

OOO so this is the pretty makeup you were talking about yesterday! It really IS pretty! I am most probably picking up Coral Glow and Samba before the end of the week. Swatched both the other day and fell for them!
Sunny recently blogged…I Found a Happy Watermelon/Coral Pink in NARS Niagara Lipstick!My Profile

May 3, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Yes this was and damn! I almost cried having to wash it off! LOL So dramatic :P We aren’t getting Coral Glow but I bet it’ll look stunning on you! Going to check out your blog :D

Anthea April 25, 2013 at 5:44 pm

You look stunning! And your hair! Do you have a close-up picture of yours eyes closed? I’d be so happy if I could just glean some tips on his colour placements. I don’t think I would be able to get there on Sunday :/

May 3, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Thank you so much Anthea :D My hair was my own bed head I’m afraid hehe… I don’t know if I have a picture of my eyes closed actually – I’ll have to check but the placements were very easy! I’ll share them soon :D

Nani April 25, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Wow PB…

You look amazing! The eye make-up is very sultry, my favorite kind of eye make-up. Sexy eyes… hahaha.. :) And that color, feather is stunning. Love it..

May 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Mmmm sexy eyes, I like that! ;) Thank you, Nani – its impressive how skillful people and makeup can really transform our looks!

Tammy April 25, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Wow! Such a ‘spring’ look. Really refreshing. Love it!

May 3, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Thank you! Looking forward to picking up anything, Tammy? :)

Makeup Morsels April 26, 2013 at 8:02 am

ohh man, so many pretties this summer. I was just looking at Chanel’s collection, and now I see this wahh. My wallet doesn’t stand a chance. I’m very intrigued by that golden eye gloss, especially since you say it’s a stunning highlighter as well. That’s at the top of my list right now, but it’s closely followed by…uhhh everything else in the collection :P Oh dear
Makeup Morsels recently blogged…Rodin Olio Lusso | ReviewMy Profile

May 3, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Yes! I have to get that gloss too because the MUA showed me how you can blend it with some BB Cream and tada! You get highlighter + concealer! Amazing, really :D I think Dior really hit it out of the ballpark this time eh? Thanks to you, I went to peep at what Chanel had and oh my! The eye pencil things get me too! >.<

Catherine April 26, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Pretty but just like Chanel one, colours would make me look sick. Le sigh :(

May 3, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Aww, they are pretty but yeah, not if you’ll look sick in them :) How about the bronzer/blush thing? Won’t that work for you either?

Jennifer April 27, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Beautiful! Love the make up on you :)

May 3, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Thank you Jennifer :D Its all in the hands of the artist! ;)

Sam
April 27, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I’ve ordered a jelly pen (in Gaia) and an Addict lipstick in Passionnee already. I think I’ll check out the nail polish when it arrives here soon.
Sam recently blogged…Good Evening, Mrs. Craven: The Wartime Stories of Mollie Panter-DownesMy Profile

May 3, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I think you’ll like Gaia! I took it with me on holiday and it had the perfect light pink no-makeup tint on lips and acted as a pretty good lip balm too!

Yue Rain April 28, 2013 at 9:52 am

Amazing sneek peek into the coming collection. I can’t wait for the tips on the BB cream. =) I am still a novice when it comes to makeup.
Yue Rain recently blogged…REVIEW ON KISS ME X CHUPA CHUPS LIP GLOSSMy Profile

May 3, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Practice makes perfect! ;) I’ll share the BB Cream tips soon – very practical and useful!

Lavender April 28, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Wow Paris

You looked gorgeous. You skin glowed. And your hair cut is fab.
Lavender recently blogged…Kerastase Initialiste – Advanced Scalp and Hair ConcentrateMy Profile

May 3, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Thank you Lavender :D The hair is the same old, I’m afraid, but maybe made to look more glam with the glam makeup! :D

Sofia May 1, 2013 at 2:44 am

You look so fresh and springy Paris! And you must have had such a great time!
Sofia recently blogged…Curious Caffeine Facts… Plus Eye CreamMy Profile

May 3, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Thank you Sofia! Work of a magician :D I had a wonderful time – picked up so much and can’t wait to share!

Wojis May 4, 2013 at 3:50 am

I love these colours, it’s just amazing, still hasn’t arrived near me yet, I can’t wait, I just don’t think we will have as much to choose from .
Wojis recently blogged…SeeBuyTry: Hello Fresh! VeggieBox & FruitBoxMy Profile

May 10, 2013 at 11:11 am

I hope you have a good selection, Wojis. I just stopped by the counter yesterday to pick up the golden eye gloss :D The Jelly Pen is very nice too! :D

Laetitia May 5, 2013 at 7:24 am

The Feather 351 is just killer <3 <3 The entier collection is pretty! Between Chanel and Dior I'm LOST!!
Laetitia recently blogged…Sugar’n Spice 2013 by InfluensterMy Profile