in FOTD,Lip Gloss,Makeup,Nails,New on shelves,Product Reviews

God-awful rhyming aside… icon biggrin The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

In the Dior Cherie Bow collection, there were 3 items that caught my eye for being “interesting”. The first was the Twin Set eyeshadows. Despite not quite hitting the mark, I found them interesting. The other 2 interesting items were the Glow-y ones – Nail Glow and Lip Glow.

dior lip glow4 The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

What intrigued me most was the concept behind both these items that come in clear pink form, but which react quite differently when applied.

I maybe wrong but I seem to recall Dior making a Lip Glow or similar product a couple of years back with the same concept. Perhaps it was a lipbalm? I can’t recall off hand so if anyone can help please do! The Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss is a clear lipgloss with a jelly texture and tints lips a clear translucent pink and reacts to your body chemistry so different people would get a different result. I am usually a little wary of these, but was gratified to realise that it does give my lips a lovely juicy tint and revives its colour quite naturally and prettily, without turning it bright fuchsia. Highly promising product!

The Nail Glow is another very interesting and innovative product. It is a transparent pink in the bottle and is supposed to give you an “instant French manicure” in that it enhances the pink of your nail bed and the whites of your tips. I was a little nonplussed by this one earlier when I first set eyes on it. I don’t have long nails and I wasn’t sure how anyone with short nails could benefit from this. But as is wont to happen, I was sorely mistaken and this has become one of my favourite nail polishes/tints/glow thingies.

The Nail Glow does pretty much what it says on the box. I tried to leave my nails long to see how they’d look but for some weird reason, I woke up one day with badly stained nails that took 3 days to go away (cause of staining unknown and puzzles me to this day) so I had to cut off my nails because I couldn’t stand looking at it. So, does this work on short nails then?

dior lip glow5 The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

The answer is yes, it does. In fact, I think it works especially well for people like me, who have short nails and don’t really use a lot of nail polish, because what this does is enhance the appearance of your nails so they look like your natural unvarnished nails, just better.

The pink tint does make the nail bed look more pink so your nails look healthier, and it gives nails a nice shine and gloss. It looks like you have healthy, well buffed nails and all it took you was 5 minutes to coat all 10 fingernails with this Nail Glow! icon biggrin The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

dior lip glow7 The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

Unfortunately, a nail swatch doesn’t quite show you what I mean. It just looks like I didn’t paint my nails right? In actual fact, my normal nail bed isn’t as pink. I tried to take a before/after shot but as luck would have it, it doesn’t show up very well so you just have to take my word for it, or try it yourself at the counter to see the effects.

The best part is this: Nail growth is unnoticeable! I first painted one nail to see what it was like. 2 weeks later, I’d forgotten I’d painted my nail. Nail growth is unnoticeable unless you angle your nails at the light during which you’d see the matte part that is the new growth and the shiny part that is coated; and the gloss does fade after a while, but you don’t have to maintain the colour like you would a regular polish that chips or peels.

So, the Nail Glow is an interesting product and one that is potentially useful for anyone who is like me and dislikes painting their nails but want their nails to look shiny, glossy and healthy. A quick cheat, if you like icon wink The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

dior lip glow6 The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

I was so very sure I had a Lip Glow gloss before but for some reason, can’t find it. Instead, I found the Dior Addict Crystal Gloss in 087 Sweet Rose from a while back. In tube, they look quite similar, both being a clear bright pink in tube. Where it differs is that the Crystal Gloss remains a clear, almost transparent very light pink gloss on lips while the Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss tints lips a brighter pink.

The Dior Addict Lip Glow is supposed to react with your body chemistry so the colour you get may not be what you see on your friend. On me, I found that the Lip Glow tints my lips a red-pink. When I asked the SA at the Dior counter what she was wearing, she said Lip Glow, but on her it was a more translucent pink.

dior lip glow The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

This should give you an idea of what I mean.

I get a red-pink tint which looks very natural, but it could be due to the base colour of my lips. It has a lovely non sticky jelly texture that is similar to that of all the Dior Addict lipglosses (best glosses ever! Only ones I use voluntarily) and gives lips a nice shine alongside translucent colour.

It isn’t advertised as a lip stain, but I find that the Lip Glow does lightly stain the lips so the colour doesn’t go away so quickly. If you swipe it on the back of your hand, you will see the stain left behind after you wipe off the gloss.

I like using this for a “natural” tint of colour or for touching up after my lipstick wears off, or after I wipe off my lipstick which I do after lunch everyday. It just adds a nice shine and tint of colour so you don’t look too washed out and is really nice for weekends or casual days when all you want is to look “natural” icon smile The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

dior lip glow3 The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

Um yes, both the Lip Glow and Nail Glow in action :P Just glowy overall, eh?

I guess I’m quite taken with the concept of both the Dior Glow products. The Nail Glow surprised me in how natural and healthy it made my nails look. As for the Lip Glow, it ended up looking more pigmented on me than I expected, but yet has a nice jelly glossy finish that I liked. I can’t say they are both must haves, but they are interesting and for interesting products, I’m glad they worked as intended.

In a nutshell

The Nail Glow and Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss are 2 of the more interesting items in the Dior Cherie Bow collection for Spring 2013. The Nail Glow acts to enhance the pink of a healthy nail bed, and to enhance the whites of your nail tips so you get an “instant French Manicure”. On short nails, it makes nails look healthy and glossy and shiny and growth or chipping doesn’t show which is great. Perfect for anyone who doesn’t paint their nails very much.

The Lip Glow Color Reviver Gloss is a jelly textured clear lipgloss that changes colour depending on your body chemistry. On my lips, they turn a red-pink but I’ve also seen it look a more clear pink on someone else. It also acts a little as a lip stain. The texture is like that of all Addict lipglosses – non sticky and glossy and very comfortable.

Pros: Nail Glow was useful for people like me who do not paint their nails often but want healthy looking glossy nails, the Nail Glow uses the regular Dior nail polish brush which makes painting nails a breeze, the Lip Glow is non sticky and glossy and for me, turns into a nice shade on my lips

Cons: You can’t be sure how the Lip Glow will look on you till you try it on

Who will like these: Anyone who doesn’t paint their nails a lot, Anyone who wants a natural looking, glossy lip colour

Did you take a look at either the Lip Glow or Nail Glow? Did you too find them interesting?

I didn’t hold out much hope for them but I was pleasantly surprised. In fact, if you aren’t into a lot of colour, I do think these are quite worth getting. But of course if you are, then you’d go wha..? Why bother when I can paint my nails with COLOUR! icon biggrin The Dior Lip Glow and Nail Glow get first dibs, when you need a glow on lips and tips

Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Lipgloss Price: RM95 Nail Glow Price: RM75 Availability: Dior counters Limited Edition: Yes, Cherie Bow Spring 2013 collection

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Tracy February 6, 2013 at 8:35 am

Ooh! These are both pretty! I’m not liking my nails at all lately and painting them is something that I don’t do often either. And I kind of like the lip glow! I like that it didn’t turn hot pink like most of those kinds of glosses do. But watch with my luck I’ll get stinkin’ fuchsia hahaha. :P

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:41 am

Hahaha that’s the problem with these “one colour fits all” things right? We just never know how it’d turn out on our skins and sometimes, as you said, fuchsia is the colour of the day. Meh! I am actually surprisingly happy with the Nail Glow. At least I can fake healthy happy looking “bare” nails :P

Dee February 6, 2013 at 8:58 am

kate has a dupe for nail glow!! :) i get what you mean, its my nails but better! :D make it a healthier pink! i love it on my lazy days~

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:41 am

Thanks for letting me know, Dee! I didn’t know that about Kate – gotta check it out :D

Rose February 6, 2013 at 9:05 am

Dior did have a Lip Glow lip balm… Have it somewhere in my bathroom. I am intrigued by the Nail Glow, does it actually tint your nail bed or does it lay on top like a regular nail polish/top coat only that your body chemistry alters the color? Based on your photos, it doesn’t look like you have polish on, so I wanted to ask.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:43 am

I remember something about the Lip Glow balm but I was so sure there was a similar gloss thing too. Must be my bad memory acting up LOL! The Nail Glow is pretty much just your normal nail polish. It doesn’t actually alter the colour but it layers on a pink tint over your nail so your nail bed just naturally looks pink and healthy and if you have long nails, the tips look whiter. The photos don’t do it justice, I’d agree. It just pretty much looks like my normal unvarnished nails but better.

Issa February 6, 2013 at 9:16 am

i love the lip glow! the colour is perfect on you :)

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:44 am

Thanks Issa! I was thankful it didn’t turn fuchsia! :P

LeGeeque February 6, 2013 at 10:41 am

That’s very interesting. So they took on the MLBB concept and turned it into MNBB! Pretty innovative!

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:46 am

HAHA Trust you to come up with an acronym for that! MNBB sounds just about right :D

Lily February 6, 2013 at 10:44 am

I tried Nail Glow and for some reason, it didn’t last on me :-| Weird… I applied one coat for a very subtle pink bed, but 2 coats and my nails looked freakishly pink. Hahaha! I can’t win with the Nail Glow. Haven’t tried the gloss though.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:47 am

Ah pity about that Lily. On my nails it is quite pink for a little while but it seems to settle in and then looks fine. I usually go with 2 coats :)

Victoria February 6, 2013 at 10:44 am

The nail glow looks very interesting especially for someone who rarely paints her nails due to the need to do housework. Will keep this in mind if I ever need something like this :-)

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:48 am

I know what you mean, Victoria! I am horrible about painting my nails too, because I use my nails so much for all sorts of things I shouldn’t, like removing staplers LOL! Oh yes and housework and cooking just don’t lend themselves very well to nail varnish :D

Summer February 6, 2013 at 11:44 am

hi Paris…..it was called the CRYSTAL GLOSS remember? haha

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:48 am

Hey Summer, I did have a Crystal Gloss to compare in the picture but the Crystal Gloss doesn’t change colour – just goes on clear. Maybe I’m just mistaken LOL! :D

Hanny Daforcena February 6, 2013 at 12:34 pm

OOOO These look interesting indeed. Too Faced has something similar to the lip glow, if am not mistaken. Swatched it once but wasn’t really drawn to it. Heh heh.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:50 am

I think quite a few brands have similar items to the Lip Glow – Smashbox has one too but that one goes on me a bit too pink :P

Gwen February 6, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I can’t paint my nails to save my life so usually I just wear a base coat for that polished (lol no pun intended) look. Sounds like Nail Glow would be just the thing for me but like a previous reader was wondering, is there any difference between this and a top/base coat? Would be cool if it enhances the natural colour of your nails like the lip gloss does for your lips :)

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:52 am

Well the difference would be that the Nail Glow imparts a pinkish tint to your nails so your nail bed will look more pink and your tips look more white. Its supposed to be like a French Manicure in one swipe :) You aren’t supposed to use a base/top coat with this. So it is a little like the lip product in that it does enhance colour a little to make nails look healthier. Take a swipe at the counter and see how you like it :D At least application is quite idiot proof, coz I’m horrible with nail painting too!

Janessa February 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I didn’t know about their existence! What pretty products, even though they aren’t a “must have” I can’t help but imagine how nice it would be to have shiny pinkish-hued nails that I don’t have to touch up or worry about chipping. :]
Ah, the reason I love beauty blogs like these: I get to see items I would otherwise skip over or never even discover. While these seem nice to have, I love colorful nail polish and fun lip colors so these are a skip for me.
I appreciate that you swatch the product on your lips and include a face shot. I find that a simple lip shot doesn’t help me picture what it looks like in person.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:54 am

Haha Yes indeed! I have the Nail Glow on for weeks without touching up and I keep forgetting to remove it because it isn’t obvious :P But if you like colour on tips then definitely this won’t be for you :D Its great for idiot proof application (coz I’m so bad at it!) I’m glad you appreciate the face shot, Janessa :D I sometiems wonder if its worth the bother, but I appreciate it when others do it because as you said, it shows you much better how it looks overall and so I try to oblige when I can :D

gio February 6, 2013 at 3:20 pm

The Nail Glow sounds intriguing! I’m not wearing nail polishes often these days and my nails could use something like this.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:54 am

Definitely, Gio! It’ll help your nails look healthy and glossy ;)

Becca February 6, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Oh wow–that gloss adds a lot more color than I thought it would. SO freaking pretty! I have been curious about the balm version for a long time too so I will definitely have to check out both next time I’m at the counter! :D

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

On my lips yes. I have no idea why it pulls red while on the SA it was a sweet pink! Maybe it just knew I preferred red tints for lips haha! :D Do check it out and let me know what you think Becca :D

S. Drama&Makeup February 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I’d love to try the nail glow, it’s a really interesting and innovative product!

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:55 am

I thought so too, S! The lip one is less innovative because so many brands have them, but the nail one was something new :)

Marla February 6, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I really like the nail glow. I stopped painting may nails about a month ago and starting going with a more natural look. This is very nice.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:56 am

I stopped too because I got so lazy about removing my polish and chipped polish really bugs me! :D

xin February 6, 2013 at 6:52 pm

the nail glow looks like a nice stuff, I sometimes just apply base coat on my nails even without colors, because I just like the shine :D

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:57 am

I used to do that too as a cheat haha!

Petrina February 6, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Oooh the lip glow looks gorgeous on you! Unfortunately I’ve used the original lip glow which also works the same way ( light pink casing) and I did not like the cour it reacted too.

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 11:58 am

Thanks Petrina :) That’s the problem with these colour changing products. You just never know how they’d look on you – if you get lucky, it looks good and if you aren’t, its fuchsia eww!

kuri February 6, 2013 at 11:16 pm

the gloss looks lovely on you! it’s hard to see the nail polish :)

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Thank you Kuri :) For the polish, its definitely one of those “there but not” things :D Photos can’t pick up that distinction >.<

Catherine February 7, 2013 at 1:41 am

I found them interesting- definitely but I was expecting a little bit more visible effect of this vernix… The gloss look better but then again I prefer liquid lipsticks kind of products. Looks great on your lips though!

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Its glossy, Catherine, that’s about all the vernis shows haha! In person, my nail bed looks a bit more pink but again, that’s about it! I too prefer a proper lip colour but I’ve started to appreciate this lip product for a lazy day :D

Rae // theNotice February 7, 2013 at 2:40 am

Ooh, these sound very cool! I’m not usually much of a nail girl, so the Nail Glow looks like it would be right up my alley ;)

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 12:01 pm

That’s exactly how I feel, Rae! I’m not a nail girl at all!

Lynnie February 7, 2013 at 4:39 am

Do you think the lip glow would achieve the same results on African-American lips. It seems like something I would like to buy, but with my upper lip being brown I don’t know if the results would be the same. =( Help?

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Hmm… I’m not too sure how it’d look on darker lips, Lynnie. Sorry! If it enhances the look of your lips then it might draw on the reds so it may look like you have a browned-red gloss on but I can’t be very sure. Is it possible for you to try it at the counter and see if it works for you?

jk February 7, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I have been toying with the idea of picking up Shizen’s Lip Painter which I tried out during the opening of their outlet at Pavilion which seems to do the same thing but Dior’s Lip Glow is oh so pretty I have a soft spot for Dior stuff..
Definitely GTGI ! [*Got to get it (when used in excited tone)/Going to get it (calmly but decisively)] – I wonder if I have I said this before. :-D
Thanks for the review PB. It’s still early in the year so my wallet isn’t kicking any fuss yet..

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 12:24 pm

hahaha I love that – GTGI! :D I haven’t tried the Shizen’s one but like you, if I had a choice, I’d probably do Dior because I like the brand :D I hope you’ll like it too JK – don’t forget to try it at the counter first to see if the colour works for you ;)

Teri February 8, 2013 at 6:19 am

I love how both products make a big difference but in a very natural way. It’s not really like you are wearing make-up but it definitely adds to your appearance, so yay for that!

Paris B February 8, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Thank you Teri! You’re right! It just gives that “barely there” look that sometimes, that’s all we need :)

Monica Toress February 8, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I have both of this products and I have to say I am really impressed with them. However, I am more impressed with the lipstick.

Liz February 9, 2013 at 11:10 am

I LOVE the lip glow on you! That’s how I’d like it to look on me. Tried the glow balm eons ago but that was so dastardly pink that I’ve been afraid of things like this. Thanks for the review – I can’t wait to test it out at the counter. :)

Paris B February 13, 2013 at 11:14 pm

I do hope it works for you, Liz. It’s so hard to tell about these colour tinting shades and how it’ll turn out on different skins.