in Fragrance,Product Reviews

dkny pure3 Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose

Ah roses, the flower of love. I’m supposed to be on a break but just couldn’t stay away LOL! icon biggrin Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose Amidst the feasting and festivity, there are times when one needs to hide away and steal some time for oneself.

And just in time for Valentine’s Day too! Haha… But if overpriced wilting blooms aren’t your cuppa char, you could always opt for the pure DKNY A Drop of Rose which has all the scent of a rose that actually lasts, and none of the cut-throat price rises just because its February icon wink Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose

Personally, I’m not a rose girl. I admire the flower – its beautiful and the smell of a fresh rose in bloom is unlike anything found in a mere bottle. But its not me. I guess I’m not sweet and velvety and delicate although I could be pretty thorny icon biggrin Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose

So as you might expect, as pretty as the concept and scent of the Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose is, it wasn’t quite for me. If you love the scent of roses however, its definitely worth taking a look because the Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose smells like fresh roses in the dew.

I rather like the simple clear glass bottle styled as a water drop. I don’t pay much attention to the pure DKNY range but apparently they’ve had 2 others before this – A Drop of Verbena and A Drop of Vanilla.

dkny pure2 Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose

This time, they chose the rose for being universally appealing to most women. As I said, I’m not personally a fan of rose scents so I’d pass on this one.

If you are however, you may like the fact that has one of the cleanest rose scents I’ve come across to date. It spritzes on skin smelling of roses adorned with dew drops in the misty morning, before settling down and enveloping your skin in a warmer softer gentle rose scent. It smells clean, as if you’ve just arisen from a rose petal strewn bath and it smells fresh, as if you’ve walked through a garden of blooming roses after the rain.

As far as scents go, if you love roses, you will likely enjoy A Drop of Rose.

dkny pure Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose

Apparently the roses used in the pure DKNY A Drop of Rose are Turkish Roses harvested by hand in the early dawn and distilled into pure rose oil in Isparta, Turkey in the months of May/June when the roses are in full bloom. The use of this ingredient helps the economic situation of the people in the region and the aluminium cap, biodegradable glass and cardboard packaging are all recyclable.

For me, part of the fun about a fragrance is the commercial or video that accompanies it so here is the introduction to the pure DKNY A Drop of Rose.

As I’ve said, if fresh rose scents are your thing, you’ll flip for this one. A rose bouquet is beautiful but it is the scent of A Drop of Rose that will last far longer than any ol’ bouquet so if roses are indeed your thing, send this post to your Valentine with a note to skimp on the fresh blooms and instead gift you A Drop of Rose that will last longer than a day icon wink Forsake Valentines flowers, poetry and prose, gift instead Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose

Have you sniffed at this one? Do you like the scent of roses?

Roses aren’t quite my thing because I prefer lighter fresher scents like Petite Cherie or heavier scents like J’Adore or interesting ones like the combinations I come up with with Jo Malone colognes. You?

Happy Valentine’s Day!

xoxo

Pure DKNY A Drop of Rose EdP Price: RM255/50ml, RM355/100ml Availability: all authorized DKNY fragrance counters nationwide

Disclosure: Featured product was a press gift from a product launch. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

Issa February 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

Happy Valentine’s Day PB! I love the line “I could be pretty thorny”, hihi….

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:06 am

Late, but I hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day, Issa whether you celebrate it or not! :D (oh yes, I can be prickly! :D)

Victoria February 14, 2013 at 10:02 am

Happy Valentine’s day PB :-) I have never tried anything from this line but I did like DKNY Be Delicious Apple. I love Jadore and must revisit that perfume one day.

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:07 am

I hope you had a lovely V-day Victoria :D The Be Delicious Apple is sooo… apple-y isn’t it? Always makes me think of apple pie haha! :D I love J’Adore. I spritz it on whenever I want to feel happy :D

synical February 14, 2013 at 10:04 am

I’ve been to so many malls the last few days, but didn’t think to check out department store counters. Oh well. I’d check this out if I’m near a DKNY fragrance counter and remember to do so, but I use them so slowly it’s ridiculous :P

I don’t mind buying and using EDPs instead of EDTs, but I hate it when they charge EDP prices for EDTs >.<

I like the scent of roses too, but I don't think I could ever wear it myself…

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:08 am

haha Unlike you, I haven’t been to a mall in WEEKS! :D I prefer EDP too simply because it makes sense as they last longer, but some fragrances smell different between the EDT and EDP and that bugs me :P

karla February 14, 2013 at 11:31 am

i like the smell of roses, but i think i would just stay with my marc jacobs daisy, love it! !

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:09 am

That’s a nice one too, Karla :) Maybe you could take a sniff at this one and let us know what you think, since you like smelling roses? :D

kuri February 14, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Hrm, sounds like they don’t bother to bring the Pure DKNY series to Japan :(

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:09 am

Oh boo! How could they not :( Oh well, nevermind that Kuri – you have a ton of other stuff that you have in Japan that we don’t! :)

mrsdjones February 14, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Current favorite is Gucci Flora EDP. I am eyeing D&G Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino. Lychee or any food items in a perfume sounds fun! :p

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:10 am

Lychee! That sounds delicious (I love lychees!) I haven’t tried Gucci Flora but I hear so many good things about it!

mrsdjones February 14, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Oh btw, the original J’Adore EDP is one of my all time favorite. The bottle is a gorgeous piece of art too. :)

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:10 am

Oh yes indeed! Its my favourite scent so far and I use it all the time (because the bottle is so tall it doesn’t fit into my cupboard LOL!)

beetrice February 14, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I’m with you on the rose bit – much prefer the smell of the real thing compared to anything they’ve bottled so far. But as far as Pure DKNY’s scents go, A Drop of Verbena is actually quite nice (you know me and those types of scents!) but alas, doesn’t work too well once applied on my skin.

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:12 am

To be fair to DKNY, this one does smell pretty close to the real thing :) I haven’t sniffed A Drop of Verbena but I’m told it was very well received. My fear with scents like Verbena is that it risks turning into “dishwashing liquid” on my skin or in the case of one memorable grapefruit scent I tried once, pee. EWW!

Tammy February 14, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Oh thorny Paris! ha ha ha totally agree with you on this one! Better a bottle of this than a bunch of roses!!!

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:12 am

*prickle* hehe…

Becca February 14, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I wouldn’t say I flip over rose scents but I do love a good floral and I would never turn down a nice rose scent like this! If I owned this, I would probably like it just fine and wear it from time to time but I don’t think I would fall head over heels in love. You describe it beautifully though and now I am curious to give it a sniff :)

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:17 am

Take a sniff, Becca and I’d love to know what you think since you enjoy floral scents :) I prefer lighter florals or more musky scents. Somehow roses just dont’ cut it for me :(

AnT February 14, 2013 at 8:32 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day dearie Paris!!

Thorny Paris B?! Muahahahahah! I still love you the way you are :D

Well, never tried DKNY though :P Hmm.. fresh rose scents? Like Anna Sui products?

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:18 am

Aww thank you lovely AnT! I hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day! No, this doesn’t smell anything like Anna Sui products (that one makes me gag a little :P ) It smells very fresh, just like freshly cut blooms! :D

Rose February 14, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Happy Valentine’s Day! Even though my name is Rose, I am not a huge fan of rose scents either, and I have had my share of rose-scented gifts! (Except I do like Jurlique’s Rose hand cream.) My favorite flowers are yellow freesias (yes, yellow specifically), heliotrope, and tiare and I have perfumes that focus on these flowers. I do love the DKNY bottle though.

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

Aww I was hoping that with a name like Rose, you would be going “Me! Its my scent!” hehe… ;) I love that you know exactly the sort of flowers you love and their scents. That’s the thing about scents isn’t it? It must feel “right” so I never see the point of a fragrance review LOL! Well, not until they allow us to share the scents through our computers :D

lisa February 14, 2013 at 11:37 pm

i am rather particular about rose scents. If done well, i do like it.

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

I’m terribly fussy too. The powdery rose goes straight into the bin for me :P This one is quite well done, but didn’t sit well on my skin. As a scent though, it does smell nice and rosy :D

Joyce (bronzerbunny) February 15, 2013 at 12:19 am

this sounds good! I’ll have to look into it!! :) Happy valentine’s!

Paris B February 16, 2013 at 9:21 am

I hope you had a lovely V-day, Joyce! :D

Lavender February 16, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Happy belated Valentine’s day!

Paris B February 18, 2013 at 4:58 pm

You too, Lavender!

Heather February 16, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Love the smell of roses, but like you, I think I would find it a bit to girly to wear around for my taste. I recently read that it takes hundred of petals plucked only at dawn and immediately pressed to make one tiny ounce of rose oil! Thus making it the most expensive of the essential oils. I wonder if they actually used it to make this product :)

Firn February 18, 2013 at 10:26 am

I tried this on my skin and it morphed into something not-rosey :(

I so wanted to like this as I find DKNY perfumes very long-lasting, but I will be sticking with my Paul Smith’s Rose which smells rosey on me.

Paris B February 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm

Oh boo! I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you :( I have sniffed Paul Smith’s Rose and you’re right, that one is very rosey too!