in Blush,Highlighter,Makeup,New on shelves,Powder,Product Reviews

There was only really 1 item I was eyeing from the Guerlain Spring 2013 collection and that was the Meteorites Perles du Paradis. I ended up not getting anything from the rest of the collection, even if the Coupe de Foudre green and coral eyeshadow palette caught my eye initially. I just wasn’t feeling it. But as luck would have it, the shipment for the Meteorites was delayed so it was only now that I managed to get it. Happily though, it came in together with the Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom blush, so I thought it would be nice to just have a quick look at both of them.

guerlain sakura perles paradis3 A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

The Meteorites Perles du Paradis come in a larger than usual tub with larger than usual balls which is both intriguing and puzzling. The case is back to being cardboard (I wonder why) and it does come with an adorable soft pink puff which I suppose you could use, but which I probably never will. For interest, the earlier Meteorites came with puffs too. Its only the recent ones in the tin that come with that silly thin sponge. I don’t use them but I keep them because they keep the balls from falling out.

Here’s some quick photos of the items. I didn’t have time to try them yet as I only just picked them up over the weekend but I will be sure to bring proper reviews and swatches etc in time to come. I’m just easing back into blogging again after a bit of a long break so this was the easiest way icon biggrin A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

guerlain sakura perles paradis A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

guerlain sakura perles paradis2 A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

This Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush is a limited edition (apparently) Asia exclusive that was released together with the Blanc de Perles collection. I do not know if it will be available elsewhere although it was sighted on the selfridges.com (UK) website.

For those who remember, this is the counterfoil to the Blush G Serie Noir blush that came out about 2 years back. I thought the white case vs the previous black case was genius! Colourwise, where the Blush G Serie Noir was a coral pink, the Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom is a pale pink.

guerlain sakura perles paradis5 A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

There are a couple more differences between the Blush G Serie Noir and the Blush G Sakura (not all of it great) but I’ll tell you when I have the full review up.

In terms of a swatch, here’s my best attempt at swatching the Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom blush.

guerlain sakura perles paradis6 A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

Guerlain Blush G Sakura blush swatched from Top to Bottom L-R: Shimmery Peach, Shimmer White, Shimmer Dark Pink, Shimmer Light Pink, Blended

As you can tell, this is quite a sheer shimmery product so it does not swatch very well. It isn’t chunky shimmer or glittery or anything, but there is noticeable shimmer. The top 2 shades act more as a highlighter, while the actual colour is in the bottom 2 shades. Blended together, it comes off a very light pink as you can see on the right most swatch, but the colour intensity will differ depending on how much of each colour you pick up. I will show you how it looks when worn as a blush later, when applied with a brush, because I swatched with fingers and sometimes, it comes out differently. Haven’t worn it yet as of now because, hey! It was the weekend and I didn’t feel like putting on a face of makeup icon razz A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

guerlain sakura perles paradis4 A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

Like Blush G Serie Noir, the blush pan lifts up to house a brush below. This one is pink where the previous one was fuchsia. Out of interest, I don’t use the brush at all. In fact, I’d even forgotten that it existed till now icon razz A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis I find the bristles a bit scratchy and although it would work in a pinch, its not my preferred brush.

I picked mine up from the Guerlain counter at Isetan KLCC and if you are there, do look for Irene who is very helpful and pleasant. She even convinced me to get the new Blanc de Pearl concealer so I’ll tell you about that too later icon razz A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

Here are 2 more pictures of items from the Blanc de Perles collection that I took using my phone camera.

guerlain blanc perle2 A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

On left are the 3 shades of the Blanc de Perles Base primers available – pink for brightening, beige for colour correction and white. They have SPF30 and when I tried the pink one on my face, it did give it a subtle brightening. The Blanc de Perle High Definition Concealers (RM119) at the top right come in 2 shades – 00 and 01. I picked up 01 as 00 is really much too light. It seemed to do a fair job at the counter so let’s see how it fares when I put it to use.

Also part of this colleciton is the Meteorites Compact UV Shield Powder which is similar to the Illuminating Pressed Powder Meteorites compact.

guerlain blanc perle A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis

The shade is 00 Blanc de Perle and the powder is white. The SA told me it was meant to be used as a highlight powder, not for all over as the regular compacts are. She also demonstrated it on me but I didn’t quite see anything. Swatching it didn’t show up on my skin either and since I wasn’t as impressed with the Illuminating Pressed Meteorites as I should be, I skipped on this one.

Are you eyeing either product? Did you pick up anything from Guerlain’s Spring 2013 collection?

The Meteorites Perles du Paradis have been available for a while so I know there are already many reviews and many people who have it. If you did get it, are you loving it? icon biggrin A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis Do let me know which review you’d like first – the Meteorites or the Blush G (although I think I already know your answer icon wink A First Look at the Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush and Meteorites Perles du Paradis )

Guerlain Meteorites Perles du Paradis Price: RM203 Limited Edition: Yes, Spring 2013 | Guerlain Blush G Sakura Cherry Blossom Blush Price: RM198 Limited Edition: Yes, Blanc de Perles collection 2013 Availability: Guerlain counters (Isetan KLCC, The Gardens, Parkson KLCC)

Fiona February 18, 2013 at 8:44 am

I picked up Meteorites Perles du Paradis as well yesterday from Irene. It’s more soft and doesn’t show up that much compare with other meteorites eh? As for Blanc de Perle I only pick up Correcting UV Base. Wearing it today. Not bad. Skipped my usual sunblock, base and liquid foundation hehe :)

February 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I haven’t tried it yet Fiona! LOL! I hope it doesn’t show up too pink because that’s all I see in mine – large pink balls LOL! :D I was tempted by the Blanc de Perles primer but I figured I’d hold off since they will be around longer. Glad to know its nice

Fiona February 18, 2013 at 5:55 pm

No wonder I thought I look pink today LOL. I think I used too much :p. Did my makeup at 5am today so it was quite dark hehe.
Okay, got to try again same makeup tomorrow without perles du paradis lol.

Tracy February 18, 2013 at 8:54 am

EEEEEEEEP! That blush! I die from pretty!

February 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Blush fiend! ;)

LeGeeque February 18, 2013 at 9:54 am

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. That’s my colour yo! :D
LeGeeque recently blogged…Late to the party – The Maestro “Foundation”My Profile

February 18, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Yes! Both will be on their way to you soon :D

Issa February 18, 2013 at 9:58 am

The blush is gorgeous! I can’t wait to see your photos using these! :)

February 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I’ll be digging into it all this week and will tell you more about it next week :D

February 18, 2013 at 10:28 am

I was there just yesterday but I didn’t go to Guerlain! *head desk* *thud* *Thud* *THUD* I shopped at Burberry and called it a day before I went broke. UGH…
Lily recently blogged…RMK Liquid Foundation Is All HeartsMy Profile

February 18, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Aiyoo! Guerlain is just next door! But I’m sure you picked up lots of Burberry beauties :)

Ting February 18, 2013 at 10:29 am

wow that meteorites!! Looks like you can use it as a blush (or not?)? The puff makes the whole thing looks so much more sophisticated than the thin sponge. Let’s see the sakura blush on you, Paris! :D

February 18, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I’m wondering the same thing, Ting. They look so pink, I’m wondering if they are that pigmented or otherwise. I’m definitely digging into the Sakura blush this week and thoughts will come on it by early next week :)

Nadia February 18, 2013 at 10:59 am

Ahhhh….MUST GET THESE! So, so pretty!!!

February 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Hurry, Nadia! Reader reported only 1 blush left at KLCC :O

Romana
February 18, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I’m so happy that you finally got it!
I checked Selfridges in London in December and I didnt see any though.
When I first got mine, I was a bit scared to use it as it looked too bright and pink in the case. I only used it for my cheeks thinking that it would look too pink. But I guess it was just the dark winter light., bcos it really wasn’t as bright as I’d imagined.
Looks just nice and pretty. Quite subtle actually. I love love love it. I hope you do too.
As you can see from my photos, I use it everyday and am off to get another one as a back up.
So many of my friends in Europe and the USA read your reviews on Guerlain meteorites so I’m sure they’re looking forward to hear what you think of Du Paradis!

February 18, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Yes I finally got it, Romana! I had been waiting for it forever :P Its good to know that it doesn’t go on as pink as it looks. I haven’t tried it yet but I was worried about the same thing. Didn’t stop me getting it of course, since I’m addicted to these balls LOL! I’ll definitely share my thoughts on Perles du Paradis soon – and happy to know there are other readers out there who enjoy the Guerlain meteorites too! :D

Reese February 18, 2013 at 1:17 pm

aaarghh, its out! been checking their counters bfore cny

February 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Me too! I was bugging the girl at KLCC so much haha! And happy to know you managed to pick one up! :D

Reese February 18, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Isetan klcc only has one blusher left after I got mine just now :p

gio February 18, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Love that blush! So beautiful!
gio recently blogged…Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.61My Profile

February 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Its quite pretty when worn too!

Monstro February 18, 2013 at 4:02 pm

My. Good. Ness.

February 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Favourite comment! :D

Jean February 18, 2013 at 4:16 pm

the blusher is lovely!!! <3 love the sheer pink that show on your skin.
Jean recently blogged…Pavilion – Hakata Ippudo 一风堂拉面My Profile

February 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm

I think it’ll look very sweet on you, Jean :D

Anna February 18, 2013 at 4:41 pm

You dared to touch yours, I still couldn’t bring myself to swatching mine

February 18, 2013 at 5:31 pm

Haha yes I did, Anna but it pained me to! It was only when I noticed that my other Blush G didn’t look too worn despite regular use, that I steeled myself to do it. After all, I mean to wear it often ;) Hope you dare swatch and wear yours soon too! Its pretty!

Anna February 19, 2013 at 5:49 am

I know, right? I wish Isetan had an online store that shipped internationally. It’s even more tempting to get the products when they’re tagged as Asia-exclusive, but in the end it’s unfair they’re only available there D:

February 22, 2013 at 2:44 pm

You’re right Anna, it would be wonderful if we could buy them all online! I’m glad you managed to get hold of this one anyway :)

Becca
February 18, 2013 at 5:00 pm

It takes a LOT for me to really crave just a pure pink (without overtly warm tones to it) blush but this one is WOW!! Even in the pan, it’s pretty but I wasn’t sure it’d really be “me”, but once swatched…*drools*!!! :P
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: Mally Evercolor Starlight Waterproof Eyeliner in Sailor Review & SwatchesMy Profile

February 18, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Its a very pretty slightly cool pink, and at the risk of repeating myself, very pretty! I hope it makes its way to the USA at some point – this is just too pretty to pass up on :D

Claire February 18, 2013 at 10:09 pm

I am so curious about the pink base actually! I want a lavender or purple base but pink works quite well as well for me. I love Guerlain and I really hope, that the base is good. I am loving quite a lot of products deom Guerlain, I am really happy that this blush is on my ‘I don’t -need- list’ :D
Claire recently blogged…Guerlain Cherry Blossom, Burberry Primrose Hill, Lavshuca RD-1My Profile

February 22, 2013 at 2:42 pm

I don’t use base enough to justify a purchase of the base or I’d be all over it! Still, who knows. Maybe one day if I’m really bored I could pick it up :) I think Guerlain does some really amazing products and their prices reflect that too :D

Deepa
February 18, 2013 at 10:58 pm

I am saving my money for the summer terracotta collection!! It has soo many thing I want, I might have to be on starve mode for the next two months!!! LOL

February 22, 2013 at 2:42 pm

LOL Its quite pretty I’d agree but thankfully, Summer collections don’t grab me so my wallet is safe! :D

S. Drama&Makeup February 18, 2013 at 11:41 pm

I just fell in love with the blush *__*

February 22, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Its a very lovely very light pink on skin. In fact, it barely even shows up! Still, its very pretty to look at :D

beetrice
February 19, 2013 at 11:08 am

Darn, to think I have to wait till March to collect mine… >.< Will have to be content with ogling these pics till then, that pink is gorgeousness – still kicking myself for missing the Serie Noir one!
beetrice recently blogged…Celebrate CNY with the January Bellabox…My Profile

February 23, 2013 at 10:47 am

Don’t kick yourself black and blue! ;) Hopefully Guerlain will release that again! :D

Jyoan February 19, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Blush!

I am interested to get that. =D
Jyoan recently blogged…Illamasqua Powder Blush Duo in Lover and Hussy.My Profile

February 23, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hopefully its out at your local counters! :D

Wojis February 20, 2013 at 4:13 am

These are beautiful, love the blush.
Wojis recently blogged…Dior Glowing Color Powder BlushMy Profile

February 23, 2013 at 11:20 am

It is so eye catching right? :D

plue
February 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm

must make way to Guerlain soon!

i am a little worried with the balls being too pink, like how i was worried with Emilio one being too yellow. gah!

fingers crossed the blush and balls is still available!
plue recently blogged…Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013!My Profile

Fiona February 20, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Don’t over apply it otherwise you’d look pink LOL. I overdid it on the first time cause I couldn’t see the shimmers on my face like other meteorites.

Funny thing is if I over applied Pucci one I looked bluish white haha!!

February 23, 2013 at 11:50 am

The Perles du Paradis do pull a little pink and a little glittery if not careful so a light hand is key. I suggest you get the SA to try it on you and see how you like it.

Sam
February 24, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I like the blush, perhaps not the Meteorites so much. I could be swayed in person though!
Sam recently blogged…A Week in Winter by Maeve BinchyMy Profile

February 27, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Actually that’s what I said too and look where I ended up lol! To be fair, I don’t think this is one of the better Meteorites. It’s too sparkly.