2013: Happy New Year! Time for the “Can you keep your Resolutions?” Challenge!

in Discussions,Musings

resolutions 131 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

Happy New Year 2013 everyone!

I hope you had a marvellous time ringing in the new year! I think I fell asleep but there you go. I get less excited year by year LOL! icon biggrin 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge! But however you welcomed the new year, I wish you lots of fun, joy, laughter and success in everything you do or plan to do in 2013 – its a new year, make the most of it!

I’m spending time today with some of my favourite people, but not before issuing you a challenge as I’ve done in the past couple of years. I know some of you take the challenge but perhaps did not find yourself actually rising up to it. Well, let’s be different this year!

This year, when you take my “Can you keep your Resolutions?” challenge, make it so! <- some Star Trek happening there hehe… icon wink 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge! So are you up for it? Here’s mine.

My one resolution for 2013 is to eat more healthily.

That should be an easy one to keep right? I like cooking and I love eating, but I am not the best person at eating healthy food all the time. I love my crisps and deep fried goodies and snacks but I shall cut back on them and fill up on fruits and vegetables. I guess I’m lucky I don’t have a sweet tooth so anything sugary is pretty safe with me but don’t sit me down with a pack of crisps or I’d never stop! icon razz 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

resolutions 132 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

So here’s what I picked up from the night market just before the end of 2012. Lots of lovely fruits and vegetables to stock my fridge. You might say I’m setting off on the right foot icon smile 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge! This too ties in with a continuation of my 2012 resolution which was to cook better and this year, I hope to cook more often, and cook better and more healthy meals icon biggrin 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

I will know how I fare by December 2013 – if I feel healthier then!

What is your 2013 resolution?

Your turn to take the challenge. I know many people don’t like making resolutions. Its hard to keep and you just KNOW you’re going to break it. But pick one easy one and work your way up from there. Don’t be too ambitious, pick something you know you can try to stick to and it will make you feel much more accomplished knowing that you have icon smile 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

So, for posterity. Tell us what your resolution for 2013 is going to be and at the end of the year, we’ll revisit this and see how we’ve all fared – deal?

Have an excellent 2013 everyone!

xoxo

Jesz January 2, 2013 at 10:52 am

Lovely groceries, Paris! Love all the vegie & fruits there other than orange (I dun really like orange…dunno why) & I prefer green kiwi over the golden one as the latter is too sweet for me :D

Resolutions for 2013, here you go:
– maintain the weight that I’ve lost in the past 2 years (a good 15kg!)…not easy, trying my best.
– persistent with exercise, at least twice a week
– be positive …this is a tough one though
– spend more time with family & friends, less with work
– saved up for a good holiday
– keep up with eating healthily

there could be more, just list down a few & see whether I’ve achieve any by end of the year.

cheers everyone & Happy New Year!

January 3, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Oh I’m like you Jesz! I prefer green to golden kiwis too, although I won’t say no if I’m being presented with golden kiwis LOL! ;) The orange ones are actually grapefruit. I love grapefruit although I know a lot of people don’t. I like your resolutions, especially the one about saving up for a holiday. Its the perfect thing to do and one of the best extravagances you can give yourself! Good luck!

Swati
January 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm

hey Paris…one of my resolutions is also to stay healthy :) I hope to succeed at it :)
Swati recently blogged…How often do you change your bedsheets or pillow covers? {Your Opinion}My Profile

January 3, 2013 at 6:26 pm

I hope you will too, Swati! Good luck to all of us!

aLeesha January 2, 2013 at 12:44 pm

My reso which I hope I can keep is no makeup buy for the whole year! That’s a challenge with all the LE’s items which will come out throughout the year.. but I hv too much makeup!! it can last me 3 lifetimes! Haha

January 3, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Ooh you are a brave soul! All the best to you and I’d love to know how you fare come December ok? :D

aLeesha January 3, 2013 at 7:35 pm

I love to know how I fare too hehe.. fingers cross.. hope I’ll made it as I’m saving money for my 5 years anniversary trip end of this year :)

January 4, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Ooh! Then I do hope you’ll throw all your available money at your trip. I’m all for a big holiday and especially when its so meaningful! :D

Elizabeth Maiorana January 3, 2013 at 1:01 am

Okay, Paris!! First off, Happy healthy 2013 to you, your loved ones, and all your subscribers here. Secondly, I accept your challenge to adhere to my own 2013 Resolutions: I intend to eliminate the 15 lbs I put on this past year thanks to quitting smoking, and I intend to find some kind of employment. Those are my two main goals. This was a good idea, to “dare” us to commit to our plans. Good luck to everyone!! Thanks, Paris. Happy New Year, all … xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

January 4, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Happy New Year, Beth! Firstly, its great to know you kicked the smoking habit yay! And I hope you attain what you set out to achieve this year. I’m sure you can stick to it – just do it! :D

Shriya
January 3, 2013 at 4:47 pm

My new yr resolutions
#Give myself time to read !
# Go for a wardrobe makeover !
# Spend more time with mom dad !
# Start cooking !
# Avoid working on weekends !
# Be more grateful !
# Spread more Love and Happiness !
I don’t want to be too much of an overachiever so I think this is a good beginning. I can’t wait to get started ! :)

January 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Nice list Shriya! Good luck and I’ll see you in December to see how we all fared! :D