2013: Happy New Year! Time for the “Can you keep your Resolutions?” Challenge!

in Discussions,Musings

resolutions 131 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

Happy New Year 2013 everyone!

I hope you had a marvellous time ringing in the new year! I think I fell asleep but there you go. I get less excited year by year LOL! icon biggrin 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge! But however you welcomed the new year, I wish you lots of fun, joy, laughter and success in everything you do or plan to do in 2013 – its a new year, make the most of it!

I’m spending time today with some of my favourite people, but not before issuing you a challenge as I’ve done in the past couple of years. I know some of you take the challenge but perhaps did not find yourself actually rising up to it. Well, let’s be different this year!

This year, when you take my “Can you keep your Resolutions?” challenge, make it so! <- some Star Trek happening there hehe… icon wink 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge! So are you up for it? Here’s mine.

My one resolution for 2013 is to eat more healthily.

That should be an easy one to keep right? I like cooking and I love eating, but I am not the best person at eating healthy food all the time. I love my crisps and deep fried goodies and snacks but I shall cut back on them and fill up on fruits and vegetables. I guess I’m lucky I don’t have a sweet tooth so anything sugary is pretty safe with me but don’t sit me down with a pack of crisps or I’d never stop! icon razz 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

resolutions 132 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

So here’s what I picked up from the night market just before the end of 2012. Lots of lovely fruits and vegetables to stock my fridge. You might say I’m setting off on the right foot icon smile 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge! This too ties in with a continuation of my 2012 resolution which was to cook better and this year, I hope to cook more often, and cook better and more healthy meals icon biggrin 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

I will know how I fare by December 2013 – if I feel healthier then!

What is your 2013 resolution?

Your turn to take the challenge. I know many people don’t like making resolutions. Its hard to keep and you just KNOW you’re going to break it. But pick one easy one and work your way up from there. Don’t be too ambitious, pick something you know you can try to stick to and it will make you feel much more accomplished knowing that you have icon smile 2013: Happy New Year! Time for the Can you keep your Resolutions? Challenge!

So, for posterity. Tell us what your resolution for 2013 is going to be and at the end of the year, we’ll revisit this and see how we’ve all fared – deal?

Have an excellent 2013 everyone!

xoxo

Jenn January 1, 2013 at 8:43 am

What beautiful groceries! The sight of them makes me smile! Hehehe!! :D All the best for your resolution ya! :D

Ok don’t laugh at me ya but one of my resolutions this year is to bathe earlier. I’m pretty anal about feeling clean in bed so i’ll shower right before bedtime. I do not usually listen or pay heed to old wives tales, but after years of doing so, I’m starting to get headaches and stiffness in my legs in the mornings. This could simply mean age is catching up, but after i stopped showering so late at night for a few weeks it really worked! :O So old wives tale or not I’m sticking to it! :P Every now and then I cannot tahan and I’ll give in and shower right before bed again, but I’ve been pretty good about it. Lets see if I can keep up until the end of the year! :D

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Not laughing, Jenn! I don’t think I shower late… at least I shower whenever I get home which is … whenever I get home LOL! But I am trying to get home a little earlier so hopefully I won’t take such late baths and then maybe my joints will stop aching! Darn. Age is telling… All the best to you keeping it up! Jia you! :D

Lily January 1, 2013 at 10:38 am

Haha! This is one of my resolutions too. I kept mine simple with just 3. Just to see if i can keep it :-)

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Good on ya! The less there are, the easier it is to at least stick to one! Here’s to a successful 2013!

shija January 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

2010,2011,2012&2013 Resolution is to Lose Weight! Its like a yo-yo in the past 3 years…

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I tried that once, Shija, didn’t work for me haha… so now I resolve to eat more healthily or exercise more and you will find that your weight well drop accordingly. Its easier than just saying to lose weight ;) Good luck! Let’s see what happens by December eh?

Lisa January 1, 2013 at 11:15 am

I want to lose 2kg healthily, read more and cut down on tv this year.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Good goals, Lisa! I like that you said lose 2kg healthily :D I’m not sure I can cut down on tv, since I don’t watch a lot already :D Hope you achieve your goals come December! :)

AnT January 1, 2013 at 11:55 am

LOL~ Glad to see that you are consuming more fruits :P

This year my resolution is to never wash my hair at night (or at least after 9 pm, abstain from washing my hair). I am starting to get migraines. Age is catching up but let’s all feel contented for God’s blessings! Tee hee!! :D

By the way, the Kiwi are the green or golden ones? :P I love the golden ones only :P

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Yes! I realised I wasn’t eating enough fruits so this year shall be the year of the fruit! LOL! It was green kiwis – cheaper and I like the thrill of not knowing how sweet or sour it can be HAHA! :D I think your resolution is very interesting! I usually wash my hair before bed but I blow dry. Does that help? :P

AnT January 4, 2013 at 11:54 am

LOL! Green kiwis! I thought so! I guess you don’t have a sweet tooth like me, that’s why! :P

Erm, I always blow dry after washing at night but cannot keep the migraine away :( Thus, I have been trying to wash my hair before 9pm since 1st Jan, hopefully it helps.
If you don’t get any headache or migraine, I still hope that you could wash your hair a bit earlier or at least not right before bedtime! :D Otherwise, please try to wash your hair in the morning before work then :P

Paris B January 5, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Thanks for the tip! I don’t usually get headaches/migranes unless there’s something wrong with me *touchwood* but it never hurts to take an earlier shower whenever possible!

Syazwanie January 1, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Happy New Year PB!! I’ve been your silent reader for the past year. :)

My resolution this year is to save money and spend wisely.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I love your resolution Syazwanie! I think I shall bear it in mind too and thank you for commenting! Now don’t be a stranger k? ;)

LeGeeque January 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm

I was going to say – be less sarcastic but let’s face it, it ain’t happening. Then, I thought, be healthier and again, I’m already exercising twice a day, any more I’d puke. I also thought – drink less but that requires a change in career :P So I came up with something I should be able to stick to it. Buy only 2 bags next year! (clutches don’t count!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR PB!!!

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Haha Happy New Year Geek and no, clutches most definitely do not count as bags! I may decide to go on a ban again this year. At least it’ll give me a whole year to think about whether I REALLY want a bag as opposed to just grabbing at anything that floats by :P

Charlene January 1, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I’m having baby #2 at the end of the month. After that it’s a full stop.

My resolution for this year is to regain my pre-baby physique! Hehe

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Ooh congratulations, Charlene! Wishing you the best with your new baby!

Sam January 1, 2013 at 3:34 pm

I would like to focus less on work and not let it be 100% all-consuming. It’s not going to be an easy one!

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Good one, Sam. I made that resolution a while ago and also made sure I left the office by a certain time and I think its great. You get to live a little more :D

Anna January 1, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Such beautiful and vibrantly coloured groceries. I want to eat healthier too this year.

My main resolution is to save that deposit to finally buy that house that my fiancé and I have been yearning for!

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Yay to eating more healthily! And I hope you achieve your savings goal this year, Anna! A house is the best purchase you can ever make! :D

Jyoan January 1, 2013 at 6:13 pm

Sleep early. Also a simple one, but not easy. =P

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Oh man, that is DEFINITELY not easy LOL! Do you have a time in mind? I tried to go to bed by 11pm for a while. Lasted me a few weeks before I relapsed, darned bedtime reading and exciting books! LOL!

Jerine January 1, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I have no resolution, but Happy New Year to you Paris!

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Aww not even one, Jerine? :) Happy New Year to you too!

Jennifer January 1, 2013 at 7:42 pm

I think I’ll give 2013 a chance and live a little more :)

My 2013 resolutions are (hopefully they can be achieved)

1. Regular workout. This includes weekend gym routine, yoga or a jog at KLCC park.
2. Be kinder to myself and allow splurges once in a while to reward myself and also a reminder that I’m still alive :)
3. Stop buying clothings in black. Tempting yes, but no more black.
4. Eat healthy, cut down on spicy and deep fried galore.
5. Cut down on caffeine, spend less on premium coffee.
6. Spend more time with mum.
7. Be kinder and patient when I speak to my team mates.
8. Try a new hairstyle. Long and straight is dead and boring! Dye and perm my hair.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:26 pm

I like your resolutions. They sound achievable :) I can’t cut down on coffee, but I only have a cup a day so it isn’t as bad as all that :) Oh and definitely try a new hairstyle. For better or for worse, it’s the quickest way to make a change and often, its for the better :D Good luck, Jennifer!

Juanneth January 1, 2013 at 9:46 pm

1. Put aside money for savings.
2. Wear minimal make up.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Minimal makeup is great! Sometimes, less is more :D Good luck with your resolutions and lets see how we all fare by December! :)

Ting January 1, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Happy new year to you too, Paris! Hope you have a great day and more great days to come this year!

My resolutions would be:
(1) Declutter the house!!
(2) be more patient to everyone
(3) learn to bake :)

I kept my resolutions last year (well some of it) and I hope I’ll stick to these this year. :)

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Happy New Year, Ting! Good idea to declutter – good feng shui! :D And good luck with the baking. I’ve learnt its one aspect of cooking I’m leaving to others because I just can’t seem to follow instructions closely enough :P

lynne January 1, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Well, I resolve to keep off the weight I’ve lost in the past year (yay!) and BE MORE ORGANISED! We can do it! Happy 2013 MWS! <3 <3

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Yay for achieving your goal last year and good luck to maintaining it this year! We can all do it! :D Happy New Year Lynne!

Marla January 1, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I have made no resolutions for 2013 other than to take a photography class. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this resolution.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Photography classes! What fun – I’m sure you’ll be able to keep to it :D

Camy January 1, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Happy New Yearrrr~!

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Happy New Year Camy :) Any resolutions for the year?

Parita January 1, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Eating healthy food is one of my resolutions too! Apart from that I want to use most of my makeup products n buy only what is required instead of splurging! Also want to loose weight and be more fit but I think that’s everyone’s resolution isnt it? :D

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Haha yes, I think everyone hopes to be more fit and lose some holiday weight over the year :D Good on you to use what you have – its really fun to rediscover items you’ve forgotten about and to realise just how good some of them are!

rudi January 2, 2013 at 12:44 am

I can’t join this.

Around 12.30pm 1st January 2013 I had already broken my resolution to eat healthier by tucking into a fast food meal just because I have not see/eaten that fast food chain for a few years.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Hahaha! Come on Rudi, pick yourself up and lets do it! :D Besides, if you haven’t seen/eaten at that fast food chain in years, I’m sure you can be forgiven for falling off the bandwagon ;)

gio January 2, 2013 at 6:18 am

I have no resolution, they are too hard to keep lol!

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best for 2013!

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Haha! Too true, most are hard to stick to, but I just have to try :D Happy New Year Gio! Hope you have a fab 2013!

Natasha January 2, 2013 at 9:36 am

Happy 2013!

I also resolve to eat more fresh fruits and veg this year. And I’m going to see a real dermatologist for the first time ever — just to see where my skin actually stands in terms of accumulated sun damage. Losing 10kg is also a goal, but not today since I’m cooking up a New Year’s feast…

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Hi Natasha, Yay to fresh fruits and veg! Our skins will thank us, I’m sure :D Good luck with the dermatologist and the weight loss. Hope to hear some positive results come December when we do our recap! :D

xin January 2, 2013 at 9:40 am

mine is pretty simple this year, i hope i can run 3km non stop by end of the year! (seems like a joke to most people)
2012 has been quite a year for me, i exercised >300km in total in the 2nd half year and it’s definitely a huge milestone compared to no exercise (or occasional) in 2011 :D

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 6:03 pm

3km? I’m taking my hat off to you because I just know I can’t do it. Why not make it 5km and take part in one of those runs? ;)

Efrain January 2, 2013 at 9:45 am

Before January 1st ends here are my resolutions:

Lose weight (after my ankle injury I gained weight and holidays didn’t help).

Post every week (I want to be consistent in my blog)

But most important: be happy everyday.

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Good resolutions, Efrain! I hope you achieve them all especially the one about being happy everyday. Seriously, that’s HARD! :D

lemon January 2, 2013 at 10:38 am

Read more books! Eat healthy, meditate more……to gain enlightenment soon….hee hee…..:-).

Paris B January 3, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Good luck, Lemon! I think too much to meditate. I tried once and just didn’t have the self discipline to keep my mind from wandering :P