Shiseido Camellia Compact : The only blush I’ve ever contemplated getting a back up of

in Blush,Makeup,Product Reviews

I only just got this compact over the weekend but I just had to tell you about it because you see, I never buy back ups of anything. I would probably realistically never be able to finish up anything, especially a blush but I am seriously contemplating a back up of the Shiseido Camellia Compact. That’s how sold I am on it, gah! 😛

shiseido camellia compact blush

I first saw this on Makeupstash and had that “OMG! Why haven’t I seen this around?!” moment because a) it was just so damned pretty b) its a BLUSH! ’nuff said and c) Its just so damned pretty! I asked around and found out that locally, its been out since September or October 2012 and there are only very limited units left at the counters. So at the first opportunity, I hoofed it down to a Shiseido counter to pick it up.

Yes, it is just as pretty in person 😀 I believe this palette was to commemorate the brand’s 140th anniversary which is something of an achievement. How many brands can comfortably say they have been around 140 years? Imagine having had to deal with centuries of fickle women always trying new stuff!

Anyway, the Camellia Compact is a tricoloured blush that is very very pretty to look at but I swear, even prettier on skin.

I have to commend Shiseido for bringing artistry to not only the product, but the packaging. The compact’s slim compact case reminds me very much of lacquerware, with its black and red design.

shiseido camellia compact blush

It is very lovely to look at and I absolutely love the strong red and black that complement each other beautifully in a striking imagery.

shiseido camellia compact blush size

See, it fits right in the palm of your hand and is slim, with a nice mirror in the top. Open it up and you are greeted with the silhouette of overlapping camellia flowers on a white base. The tricoloured palette reminds me a lot of one Chanel did a while ago – Lumiere Magiques. I have that one and I was meaning to photograph these together, but didn’t do it. Not sure why LOL! 😛

Anyway, when I saw it on Makeupstash, I knew it would work on me, because the Chanel Lumiere Magiques blush which shares the same 3 colors works on my skin beautifully. I was not wrong 😀

The 3 shades are swatched below individually and then sort of blended together to give you an idea of what the blush will look like.

shiseido camellia compact powder blush swatch

Left-Right: Shimmer cool Pink, Shimmer warm Red, Shimmer White, Blended

All 3 colours are shimmery but not glittery so you only have a lovely sheen of colour on the skin. No fear of looking like a discoball at all! The colours also combine to produce different tones, depending on the shade you want. So add more red for warmth and more pink to cool it down. Add more white to lighten the colour or use it on its own as highlight.

shiseido camellia compact blush

Don’t be afraid of the shimmery look of the powder blush. Here’s an angle showing you the colour in its shimmer glory. Its just overspray. Underneath, the blush isn’t very shimmery, but isn’t matte either. Its got a lovely glowy vibe to it when applied on skin.

Oh and you would have noticed that it can be pigmented. I use my Lunasol Cheek Brush N with this, and one light tap on the surface grabs all the colour I need. I then tap off on the back of my hand for a bit and then apply it to my skin. What I get then, is a very lovely flush of colour on cheeks that can be described perfectly as a “glow from within” look. It does not sit on your skin looking like blush, but is sheer enough to allow your skin to come through, yet pigmented enough to deposit colour on skin. Do you realise just how complex that last sentence was? 😛

shiseido camellia compact used

I just had to show you this picture of the Camellia Compact after I’d swatched it and used my finger to blend the shades because I’m sadistic like that 😀

When you use a brush, the colours don’t mix up as much so you don’t really get a smudge of colour like what you see on the white bit above. I used my fingers and you can see that on the red and pink, where the shimmer overspray has been rubbed off, the powder below is almost matte. When you blend the colours, the white will be a little dirtied. Perils of a pretty design.

However, when I use a brush, the muddiness isn’t as obvious. It might be because I don’t swirl my brush in it. Do not do it. Not only does it muddy the design, it means you end up with a splotch of red on cheeks, which is NOT how to wear blush. Well not unless you are auditioning for the Peking Opera! 😀

And here’s how it looks on me.

shiseido_fotd

A light tap on the blush with a brush, dab on back of hand to diffuse, then blend it on cheeks to get a very lovely flush of colour. It lasts long too. Towards the end of the day, I find that some colour has faded but it looks like I have a very healthy glow from within, that comes through the skin.

Seriously beautiful, I tell you! (The blush I mean) I really have to think seriously about picking up that back up because here’s a blush I’ve been using daily and happy to use daily 😀

In a nutshell

Get it. Nothing else to say LOL!

Oh ok, the Shiseido Camellia Compact is a limited edition tricoloured powder blush. Use each colour on its own or blend them for a lovely flush of colour on skin. The colours are quite pigmented so use a fluffy blush brush or a skunk (stippling) brush if that’s your thing. On skin, I find that the product is pigmented, but sheer enough not to look like you have a splotch of colour on skin. It is very easy to blend and imparts a beautiful flush of colour to give you that blushing from within look. Its beautiful to look at and to use and is worth every penny. The different colours mean it quite easily suits most skin tones from the fair to the deeper toned, just adjust the colours accordingly as you swirl your brush.

Pros: Beautiful blush to look at, Pigmented colours, Easy to blend, Long lasting, Not too shimmery, Lovely texture

Cons: None

Who will like this: Anyone who loves blush

shiseido camellia compact powder blush

I’m told this one came in very limited quantities so if you are keen on getting it, I suggest you do not delay. I picked mine up from Isetan The Gardens and it should be available at all Shiseido counters.

Does this grab you? Do you like using blush? How good are you at defiling something that looks so pretty?

I had to steel myself to swatch this one but I knew I had to do it, because I really wanted to use it and the only way I could was if I already marked it. It makes things easier 😀 I haven’t had much love for blushes in recent times. I haven’t even been buying many, which doesn’t bode well for this blush fiend, so I’ve been working through my stash. The last one I bought disappointed me so I was a bit bummed. Still, I happen to own another blush from Shiseido and I’m reminded that Shiseido blushes are very nice, so remind me to tell you about that one soon. Now, about that back up… 😉

Shiseido Camellia Compact powder blush Price: RM115 Availability: Shiseido counters Limited Edition: Yes, 2012 Holiday and 140th Anniversary

Tracy December 5, 2012 at 8:38 am

It’s utter perfections on you Paris! You look gorgeous! I keep see-sawing on it-should I or shouldn’t I? I don’t really need any more blush! Sigh. I just don’t know what to do haha. Oh the trials and tribulations of a blush fiend….:)

December 7, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Thank you Tracy! I don’t think any of us need anymore blush to be honest, but sigh… this had to throw me in at the deep end… 😉

LeGeeque December 5, 2012 at 8:50 am

You remember a few days ago you tweeted that I’m the devil? You know what you are now? THE DEVIL!

It’s so pretty. And it’s pink. Anything pink is great. I don’t need more blushes, neither do you (ahem) but damn, I want it 😛
LeGeeque recently blogged…Indefinite hiatusMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Ahem *wears devil horns*

Sunny
December 5, 2012 at 8:56 am

I need to try to hunt this down! So darn pretty! I’ve been looking for a red blush (out of sheer curiosity), and this might be it! I just hope we actually got this here, but I’m not entirely sure.
Sunny recently blogged…Smell Like an English Garden with Penhaligon’s Peoneve Eau de Parfum!My Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Its gorgeous Sunny and I hope you manage to lay your hands on it some how! Another red blush I used to like was Nars Taos. Absolutely beautiful but I gave it away for being too much work for me.

Jyoan December 5, 2012 at 8:59 am

I have been looking hard for it too! I have been out and around quite a lot, wonder why I don’t see it.

December 7, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I hope you manage to find it! Much too pretty to miss 😉

Tine
December 5, 2012 at 9:01 am

Right. ‘Nuff said. I’m adding this to my MUST BUY list now 😛

December 7, 2012 at 5:29 pm

teehee… 😉

giddy tigress
December 5, 2012 at 9:14 am

Awshucks. Another to-buy item *enabled* by you. 😛
giddy tigress recently blogged…My First Visit to Boston, MAMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Hehe… I’m sorta good at enabling things I love 😉 But I’m quite sure you won’t regret it!

Jacqueline December 5, 2012 at 9:16 am

I have seen this popping up all over blogs and I have been trying my best to resist it, I have way too many blush. It is such a lovey blush, must resist, must resist!

December 7, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I gave up resisting blush a long time ago haha! Its about my only true makeup vice, next to lipstick 😉

xin
December 5, 2012 at 9:20 am

it really looks like you are glowing from within because the color is so sheer. such a pretty blush
xin recently blogged…Money Saving Tips: Recycle your perfume boxes to greeting cardsMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Thanks Xin! I didn’t expect it to look as good as it did – whew! Else I’d have defiled it for nothing 😛

lisa December 5, 2012 at 9:25 am

oooh….i was seriously NOT tempted reading about this product from other blogs. Til i saw your fotd. It’s so pretty. You look absolutely glowing! Only japanese blush is able to achieve this kind of blush effect. You see the skin getting radiant and it shows through the blush. The powder doesn’t just sits on top and hide the skin beneath. Making sense? I must go check out this over the weekend. Hopefully, i can get my hands on one. And your red lips match the blush so well. Lovely.

December 7, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Absolutely right, Lisa! Only the Japanese blushes have managed to create the glowing from within look which is so beautiful and natural. The closest I’ve come to it in a Western brand so far is Dior. I hope you manage to find one too! I think it’d be lovely on you, having a rough idea of the stuff you use, thanks to our numerous “conversations” here 😀

lisa December 8, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I bought it! Yay yay! Did yours come with a brush too? Mine did. I’m quite pleasantly surprised with it coz’ i didn’t come across it in any of the blogs.
It’s well made for a free brush/compact brush and i like it that it comes in it’s own plastic case for hygiene and travelling purpose. It’s such a lovely blush. Can’t believe i nearly gave it a miss. The SA tried it on me and i love it. I love red blushes. Especially during the falls. My other and only red blush is Nars Exhibit but that is way pigmented whereas this is sheerer and can be layered. I appreciate the pink and white part as well to play down the redness. Thanks for sharing this, Paris!

December 10, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Hey Lisa, yay for getting your hands on Camellia! 😀 I didn’t get a brush though. Hmm… Maybe its a special deal they were doing at the counter? I don’t doubt the quality is good for a free brush because I’ve realised that many Japanese brands do good brushes inside their palettes too. Attention to detail! 😀 I had Exhibit A before too! Gave it away as well because it was too hard to work with. I never make mistakes with this one which is more than I can say for a pigmented blush like Nars. Happy to share the love! 😀

Tammy December 5, 2012 at 9:36 am

What a gorgeous palette. I must say this blush colour is really perfect on you! Stick with it!!!

December 7, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Thank you Tammy! 😀 I wonder if this means I should get a back up after all hmm… 😉

December 5, 2012 at 9:44 am

I’m using this today! I’m getting better at using pretty things. I think this blush will look different on everyone because of the way we pick up the colour. I picked up more red today and I look so healthy :-) Will try the pink tomorrow!
Lily recently blogged…A Love Letter to YouMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Yep! The different colours definitely will help adjust the colour to look different on us all which is great. Nice to know you like it too :)

Liyeun December 5, 2012 at 9:50 am

3 things that made me laugh today! 1. The word sadistic used above. 2. Who will like this: anyone who loves blush. 3. Ur last sentence: about the back up….. LOL! U made my day, Paris! Anyway, I was thinkin to pass this, but now I gotta see to this!!! Why oh why….

December 7, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Aww Liyeun, happy to make you laugh! 😀 Did you manage to take a look at it yet and did it “accidentally” go home with you? 😉

mamanurul December 5, 2012 at 11:17 am

woww. best make up.

Teri
December 5, 2012 at 11:29 am

I wonder if they released it here too. I think I remember something like this at the display and I was swooning over it. It looks really fresh on you!
Teri recently blogged…Personal: What’s Going On In My Life Lately?My Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Thank you Teri 😀 I have to get out more often – I seem to have totally missed this one, if not for having read it on a blog! Thank goodness for bloggers 😀

Nikki December 5, 2012 at 11:32 am

The blush compact was made for you PB! I love the overall effect on your cheeks! Shall I say..BLOOMING? 😀

December 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Aww Nikki! 😀 Blooming, as I’m sure YOU are too 😀

Pearl December 5, 2012 at 11:34 am

OMG…u gonna make me burn another hole on my credit card! I had to get this one too into my blush collection that is piling up!! (thanks to u!) :-)

December 7, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Oops! hehe… 😉 I hope you like it if you do get it though. Its so lovely on skin, its a pity not to use it! Oh and a healthy blush collection is a good thing 😉

elvina December 5, 2012 at 11:52 am

omg that blush is sooooo pretty!! i am so tempted to get it now!!

December 7, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Hi Elvina, did you manage to check it out? Its very lovely both to look at and on skin 😉

Sze Ling December 5, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Gah!!!! Sooooo pretty. And yes, why the heck haven’t I seen this around. Ugh…

Must refrain myself from buying this. I have wayyyy too many blushes for a girl to use up. I think all of them can last me another 10 years, and that’s if I use them every day and don’t buy any more blush. 😛
Sze Ling recently blogged…Honey Wheat Pound CakeMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Oh good, I’m not the only blind one hehe… 😉 I think this totally slipped under our radar some how. Weird! Oh and you can’t talk to me about restraint when it comes to blushes. Honestly, don’t even try LOL! If I had grandkids, they’d be able to use grandmama’s blushes… and maybe even their kids 😛 Vintage ok. 😛

Sze Ling December 7, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Hmmm…I don’t know. It might be uncool to use grandmama’s makeup. LOL. 😛
Sze Ling recently blogged…Honey Wheat Pound CakeMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 8:50 pm

True although how many people would have grandma’s makeup to play with? Lol!! 😉

Becca
December 5, 2012 at 12:18 pm

OH this is SO pretty, Paris! It looks *perfect* for creating natural-looking winter-flushed cheeks! I love it! And I REALLY love Shiseido’s powder formula. I tried the Luminizing Satin Face Color not too long ago and fell in love–I’ve been meaning to go back for RD103 for a while but I keep forgetting! 😛 I hadn’t ever heard of this beautiful LE powder but now, I can see it is on the Shiseido website so I might have to grab one. It’s funny, I usually don’t go for blushes with cool pink or red tones in it, and this one has both–but applied lightly it’s just too lovely to resist!
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: NEW Paul & Joe Make Up Collection 2012 Holiday Set in 001 Frozen Lilac Review & SwatchesMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Oh yay! You do know what I’m talking about then, since you have used Shiseido’s blush before this! Its just amazing texture right? The cool and warm shades blend quite prettily together so its never very warm or very cool. Like in goldilocks, its just right 😀

Catherine December 5, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Beautiiifuul! Im not sure how I like the shimmer but hmhm if I see it somewhere I might want to take it home and take care of it 😀 I dont know why here we have only small counters without SA of shiseido. Its not popular here, I dont know why.

BTW Paris! I just discovered that Estee Lauder on their US site has AMAZING powder compacts, one with snake motif and one in 24 carat gold. I wish we had more of these luxurious metal packaging these days!! I was contemplating getting vintage compact (like made by Stratton from ebay) and put my own powder there but Im too lazy and Im afraid what if some kind of germs live there, Im paranoid 😀

December 7, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Oh boo to poorly manned Shiseido counters! I hope you manage to see it soon. Once you get rid of the top layer, the blush isn’t shimmery at all 😀

Oh yes, Estee Lauder does these limited edition compacts that people collect. I thought they were solid perfume compacts (those are gorgeous too! I wanted to collect them but they were too pricey) but didn’t realise they do compacts for powder too. I just looked it up and you’re right! Oh my, they are gorgeous and perfect for holding up for touch ups right? 😀 I don’t think they bring them in here where I am though :(

makeupmag
December 5, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Thanks for the link love. :) And ya la, you’re beautiful too; the haircut really suits you!
makeupmag recently blogged…Clé de Peau Beauté Palette de Voyage for Holiday 2012My Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Thank you Mag, and thank you for blogging about this or I’d have totally missed it! 😀

Camy December 5, 2012 at 1:53 pm

they look so pretty! 😀 wish to have it

December 7, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Pop right down to the Shiseido counter! 😀

xiao
December 5, 2012 at 2:45 pm

oy. so pretty. I didn’t think much about it when I read it but if I walk past a Shiseido counter….

NO. I’M ON A NO-BUY, PARIZ!
xiao recently blogged…Let’s Talk About That Thing We’re Not Supposed To Talk AboutMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:51 pm

LOL stay home, Wandz! No sneaking off to the Shiseido counter!

Sue Lin December 5, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Honestly, I have my doubts about this one (I mean white and strong red?!). But it all melted away when I saw how gorgeous it looks on you—really natural and glowy. The compact’s impeccable.
Sue Lin recently blogged…Mac Pro Longwear Concealer ReviewMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I was worried myself, Sue Lin. I mean look at that red! But thankfully on skin, it blends beautifully and you can tone down the red with the pink and the white so it all works 😀

plue
December 5, 2012 at 3:11 pm

for RM115 it isn’t terribly expensive. I saw this on a TW blogsite a few months back and was quite excited about it, but when I read it on makeupstash the shimmery bit put me off, and thought no more about it. Now that you reviewed it, I think I may get it. I haven’t been buying a lot of blushes or makeup lately! 😛
plue recently blogged…Proud Moment: Ugly Turn PrettyMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 6:03 pm

Nope, I didn’t think it pricey at all too :) Its not shimmery at all to be honest, just the overspray. Once that’s brushed off, its pretty much perfection :)

Kay December 5, 2012 at 4:22 pm

After reading your post, I immediately went to the Shiseido website to get this blush. Not that I need any more blushes but for you to say you are considering a backup is a huge endorsement :)

Shiseido does make flattering natural looking blushes that are not too flat or too glimmery so I’m looking forward to trying this beauty soon.

Thanks for sharing your find!

December 7, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Oh wow Kay, that was quick! 😀 I do hope you will like it as much as I do – keep us posted! 😀

lyn
December 5, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I’ve seen this around for quite some time but couldn’t make up my mind whether to purchase or not. But after reading your post, it’s decided… This pretty little blush shall be mine too!

It looks lovely on you! I love that blend of brick red, dolly pink and highlighter :-)
lyn recently blogged…Not Quite as Tumultous As I Thought – Chanel Joues Contraste in TumulteMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Hope you’ve gotten your paws on this pretty compact, Lyn! 😀 I think it’d look lovely on you too because its so easy to blend up the colours into something that will suit different skintones

Angela December 5, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Love the packaging and the colors are absolutely amazing looking.

December 7, 2012 at 6:08 pm

They’re gorgeous, at that – planning to pick one up, Angela? 😉

Wojis December 5, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Oh it’s so pretty, must have it! But I can’t find it in Holland… hope it comes….

Wojis December 5, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I mailed Shiseido.nl today, after reading this review. I can buy it turns out in three places in the country, I am mailing my husband as I am typing this, to get him to get is for me ASAP :-)

December 7, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Yay! I hope you manage to get your hands on it and that you’ll like it too! 😀

kuri
December 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I completely agree with everything you said :)
Actually, when I saw it on the Shiseido website, I knew I had to buy it. LE for 4000 yen of gorgeousness!

December 7, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Ah Kuri, this is pure perfection and absolutely worth every single piece of the 4000 yen! 😀

Marla December 5, 2012 at 7:04 pm

That looks beautiful.

December 7, 2012 at 6:26 pm

It most certainly is! 😀

Marina(Makeup4all) December 5, 2012 at 7:27 pm

I really love the red shade in this blush. It looks beautiful in the pan and on your skin! :)
Marina(Makeup4all) recently blogged…SACHAJUAN Volume Shampoo ReviewMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Thank you Marina! Did you pick this one up? 😉

Iza December 5, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I love your hair 😀

December 7, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Haha Thank you Iza! One of my favourite cuts so far 😀

Jennifer December 5, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Such a beautiful and delicate compact, even more beautiful on you I say :) Do you think this blush is ok for me to try since I am an amateur in make up? Or should I try something safer (if there’s such thing lol) like Benefit Coralista for example? Every day, my blush skills varies, some days I look kawaii, allergy patch, someone slapped me, just nice, flush or clownish…The warm red is an instant alarm to my inconsistent blush skills.

December 7, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Aww thank you Jennifer, you’re too kind :) I do think this blush will be good for anyone. You just have to use it with a light hand. Actually, Coralista goes on more strongly I find. The transparency of the colours in this blush is sublime. That said, if you are a bit worried, try one from the Shiseido Luminizing Blush range instead. Its a single colour and the texture is just as lovely and almost mistake proof 😀

Jennifer December 7, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Okie dokie, thank you for your tips Paris :) Time for me to venture into the new shades of the beautiful blush I guess, hehehe! I’ll drop by Shiseido and check out their blush range. Been reading lotsa fine things about them.

December 8, 2012 at 1:34 pm

You’re welcome. I can talk blush all day long it would seem 😉

Sophiafay December 6, 2012 at 2:08 am

Gotta admit that, you look good in this hairstyle! :) Really!!

December 7, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Larie December 6, 2012 at 3:59 am

Ahhhh, I can’t wait for mine to get here!!!
Larie recently blogged…November FavoritesMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Eeps! Hurry up already, Shiseido! Larie needs her Camellia blush! 😀

Leila December 6, 2012 at 7:20 am

What a beautiful compact! The blush looks lovely on you!
As soon as I saw the red swatch, I loved it! Such a perfect colour! I love the others too, but real reds (particularly powder) are rare and I’m surprised this one swatched so pigmented. Quite unusual for a Japanese blush.

I don’t find most colours scary though and my skin tone is about a shade lighter a slightly cooler than yours (based on foundation matches). I’m just not sure what a lilac blush will do (face poder I understand, but blush?).

The only bad thing is, I haven’t seen it around here, so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get it. This compact just came along so sneakily! Maybe we’ll just get it late, which is just as well since I did some major damage recently (it’s been and while and Christmas deals?).

December 7, 2012 at 6:39 pm

You’re quite right, Leila. The Japanese brands don’t usually do very strong colours so this was quite a surprise, yet it translates so well on skin :) I used to own a lilac blush actually 😀 It was from Shu Uemura and I may still have it. On my skin, it was just a very cool purplish shade that sounds scarier than it looks 😉 Maybe you could try asking at the Shiseido counter and see if they are expecting it. It seems that except for Asia, the rest of the world is getting theirs just about now 😀

Leila December 7, 2012 at 11:14 pm

You know, I’m not really afraid of most blush colours (within reason) and love trying out new unusual things like blue lip gloss. I even wear plum blush, but I know I really have to work to make anything orangey/peachy work well on me, pinks and reds are the natural colour that suits me easily. I just wasn’t sure where lilac would fit in. I’ll hace to try it at the counter.
Blusher is the best isn’t it? I think after a good base, it’s the number one item that really makes a difference to the face and one I wouldn’t skip.

December 8, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Oho! I used to wear peachy or even orange shades before I realised they didn’t look that good on me. I would look tired sometimes while anything with a hint of pink perks up my complexion immediately so I now gravitate towards pink or pink toned blush. Maybe it was a shift in skin tone or maybe my eyes just colour balanced themselves haha! Hope you manage to find this one. I’m eyeing the single RD one myself too!

Leila December 7, 2012 at 11:17 pm

So I did a google search for this compact, limiting to UK results (which I usually do for local info), turns out it’s been available since the end of October! Can’t see it online though and didn’t see it in store this week. Will have to search a little more! They do have a similar red in their permant line though, Luminizing Satin Face Colour in RD401, been on my list for a while now.

MisSmall December 6, 2012 at 3:06 pm

I’m not a red person at all, but still, I gotta say this is a pretty one. And who doesn’t love camellia?

December 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm

No one! 😉 I’m just glad the blush applies as prettily as it looks 😉

Issa December 6, 2012 at 5:37 pm

it’s gorgeous on you! perfect! :)

December 7, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Thank you Issa!

Make Up Monster December 6, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Wow that’s so beautiful I want one desperately!!

December 7, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I hope you get your hands on one soon! 😀

Ting December 6, 2012 at 11:46 pm

“Imagine having had to deal with centuries of fickle women always trying new stuff!” <– HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Being 140 yrs old can really made this brand say out loud proudly that "Withstood centuries of women, and here we still are". :)

Honestly, the red colour scared me off right away. But seeing the final blended effect on you made me changed my mind immediately. 😉 Thanks for sharing!

December 7, 2012 at 6:52 pm

Haha you spotted that one! 😀 And yes, not many other brands can say “Hey, we are almost 2 centuries old!” I was a little worried about the red, but I know I can wear it because I used to wear Nars Taos and that’s about as red as they come 😀 Tempted? 😉

Ting December 7, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Hmm… I think I should practise on my Sleek blush by 3 first. The darn thing is so pigmented the real thing look more vibrant than website (which was how I chose Pumpkin)!! Blush is not must have for me, currently but who knows? Maybe next month I will find myself in blush phase and this shiseido finds its way to my precious box. Hahahahaha :)

December 8, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Haha! That Sleek one is crazy pigmented! Even I make mistakes when using it so I’ve passed it onto someone else who I know would appreciate it more. The key with the sleek one is literally to very lightly touch the surface of the blush, dab off only then touch to skin. Have fun experimenting!

peach_ December 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I’m late but had to comment because NNNGGGAHH this blush is so lovely with your complexion! You look like you were born with this natural red flush. So pretty. :)

December 13, 2012 at 11:28 am

Peach! Thank you 😀 Its such a gorgeous blush, I think you need it too 😉

Maz December 12, 2012 at 3:05 pm

I recently bought it. Its an amazing palette. You look cool in this colour :)

Lavender January 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm

You made me wanted to get this. I have more than enough blush but am thinking of getting this one after reading your post. My concern is, will it be too shimmery for oily skin? Maybe I should go to the counter and try.
thanks for sharing

January 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Its not shimmery at all Lavender, just very light. I hope its still available at counters!

rashmi February 19, 2013 at 11:16 am

heyyy paris :) you are looking absolutely amazingggggggggggggggggggggggg in this 😀
i have never seen a blush this pretty 😀
i wantttttt this in my life :( :(
you think i will be able to get it in KL ?
rashmi recently blogged…CHANEL LÈVRES SCINTILLANTES GLOSSIMER : JalousieMy Profile

February 23, 2013 at 10:49 am

Hi Rashmi, thank you :) This one was a limited edition blush and there were not many units left when I picked it up. I’m not sure if its still available at the counters here but if you are here or have friends who are coming to KL, its worth asking at the counter just in case they still have stock.

kristen March 18, 2013 at 12:12 pm

This looks gorgeous on you, Paris! I am a huge blushaholic and this one is perfection!!
kristen recently blogged…Sneak Peek – This Week’s PostsMy Profile

March 18, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Hi Kristen, thank you! This is deinitely one of my favourite blushes ever!