in Food & Lifestyle

Righty ho! This one was supposed to have gone up on a Saturday, naturally but for this reason and that, it didn’t so lets just pretend its a Saturday today (which gives us one extra day of the weekend yay! We wish huh? icon wink (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn ) I visited the Crabtree & Evelyn members preview sale last week, and saw a very interesting flavour of biscuits – Christmas Pudding biscuits.

crabtree cookies2 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

Santa will really appreciate these cookies under the tree, thank you!

What? I happen to be one of those who enjoys eating Christmas pud so I was very keen to know how these tasted. I went back a couple of days later to pick it up after curiosity got the better of me, and I also got a bunch of other Christmas goodies I’ll show you.

Aside from the now-familiar Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams and bath and body products, I have to tell you that Crabtree & Evelyn makes some really nice biscuits, jams and teas. I am not a biscuit eater at the best of times, so you can imagine that these must be pretty good to get me chomping at them icon wink (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn Have you ever indulged in any C&E biscuits and jams? They are so good!

If you are wondering, the Christmas Pudding Biscuit has a lovely spiced flavour with raisins and chopped fruits and nuts. It isn’t too sweet and is really lovely with a cup of tea. It isn’t quite Christmas pudding in flavour but it does have the elements of a Christmas pudding – slightly chewy, dried fruits and nuts and a lovely spicy flavour. They come in a lovely festive tin that I’m wondering how to recycle once I’m done with the biscuits. Too pretty to toss just like that.

As I was planning to pick up a tin of biscuits anyway, I decided to pick up this Festive Treat set instead at RM155.

crabtree cookies (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

I got a tin of Christmas Pudding Biscuits, a tin of Festive Spiced Ginger Biscuits, a jar of Breakfast Marmalade and Cranberry and Orange Sauce. I’d picked up a jar of Marmalade last year so I know what I was getting. The Marmalade isn’t too sweet, and has lots of lovely rind, which I love in a marmalade.

While I was there, they were handing out these jelly babies that come in a musical tin (RM80).

crabtree cookies8 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

The tin winds up at the bottom to play “We wish you a Merry Christmas” – A fun sort of gift that is aside from the norm.

In fact, the foods of Crabtree & Evelyn make lovely gifts as they come ready gift packed, or you can pick and mix and get them packed into Christmas hampers for you. I’ve stocked up and gifted their cookies, teas and jams for a few years and I’d like to think that the recipients have enjoyed them. Sometimes, when you aren’t quite sure what to gift someone, you can rarely go wrong with good food in pretty packaging icon wink (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

crabtree cookies6 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

I was also very taken in by the gift pack that comes with a tin of cookies and 3 fancy baubles. Inside the baubles are actually fudge and sweets – traditional English fare, and once you are done with the contents, you can hang the baubles on your tree.

There’s even Gingerbread men (RM65)!

crabtree cookies4 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

Run, run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me I’m the Gingerbread man!

These won’t be running anywhere except into your tummy LOL! I bought some last year too and I enjoyed them. I like eating them head first. Yeah, I’m morbid that way icon biggrin (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn Are you a head first or feet first person? icon wink (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

crabtree cookies5 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

If gifting, this makes another nice set of products to give someone. I can tell you from personal experience that both the Lemon and White Chocolate Biscuits and White Chocolate and Raspberry Biscuits are lovely. A little on the sweet side, but delicious when paired with unsweetened English tea.

I like to buy these mini tins that come out at Christmas because it allows me to try a variety of flavours at a go. There’s usually a set of 6 mini tins that I pick up a few of, because they allow me to indulge in these delicious biscuits at a lower price point, plus they also make really good extra gifts.

crabtree cookies3 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

Just as I was leaving the store, I spotted this jar of Morello Cherry preserve.

crabtree cookies7 (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

I was in a rush, so didn’t stop to pick it up but guess who’s making another trip to check this one out? icon smile (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

I have to say though that the biscuits and jams don’t come cheap and are in fact a pretty luxurious treat. I usually buy them during the members preview sale so I do get them at a discount and that doesn’t feel so painful. At a normal time, I would buy them as a gift but not for myself. Strange huh?

Have you indulged in any foods from Crabtree & Evelyn before? Did you even know they had food?

I only found out about their biscuits a few years ago after I was gifted with a tin. Before that, I’d only ever known about their hand creams and bath and body products.  I don’t usually eat biscuits or a lot of sweet foods, so when I do, I go for something I truly enjoy icon smile (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn Did you pick up anything from Crabtree & Evelyn’s Christmas collection recently? I picked up a lovely candle too! Will share that another day icon biggrin (Belated) Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 20 : Christmas Biscuits and Goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn

Crabtree & Evelyn Festive Food Collection is available at all Crabtree & Evelyn stores and you can view the Christmas catalog here

Kay December 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

Yum! You are not late — it’s Saturday where I live!

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Haha thanks for reminding me I have readers across the international date line, Kay! :D

Isabel December 2, 2012 at 9:28 am

I hope they have these at the Penang outlets! Spiced ginger biscuits are right my alley. But it looks like it’s limited to biscuits and preserves so I’ll still need to “import” my mince pies and brandy butter from M&S, KL for Christmas. I wish M&S would do delivery!

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I’m very sure they do, Isabel! C&E does do mainly biscuits, teas and preserves only for food. You’re right, you need M&S for the rest of the trimmings! :D planning a big Christmas do?

Isabel December 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Christmas is only about my immediate family so no, no big do …but that doesn’t stop us from gorging ourselves silly on the season’s delicacies! LOL!

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Haha I don’t even celebrate it,but that doesn’t stop ME gorging either! :D

xin December 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

#bion I have never had their cookies! time to help me rectify it? ;)

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Lol! Erm come by for pumpkin and we’ll do biscuits for dessert :P

Sze Ling December 2, 2012 at 11:18 am

I’m a hands-first kind of person. LOL. Then I’d move on to the head. So messed up. :P

I love jams and preserves and anything like that. Never really thought of C&E when it comes to food stuff though. But now that you’ve mention them, I might just go check them out. Plus I love gingerbread man. :D

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Lol! Hands! Do check out the goodies at Crabtree. They are pricey but if you enjoy a good jam or a good biscuit and don’t finish up a whole tin at a go, then you might enjoy them very much! ;)

Lily December 2, 2012 at 11:25 am

Your pictures scream Christmas!! Love it :-) And I’m hungry…. *drools*

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Just looking back at the pictures make me hungry myself! Lol

Tracy December 2, 2012 at 11:37 am

They got food?? I need to go see if they sell it here! What great gifts!

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Yes they do, Tracy! I’m sure hey carry them there in Canada as well. They make lovely gifts, as well as lovely to line the tummy lol! :D

Callie December 2, 2012 at 3:37 pm

I’ve tried their Marmalade. Not bad. I bought 2 types in Sydney when I vacationed there earlier this year. The white choc and raspberry bits cookies were yummy.
Ahhh… sitting in the balcony filled with pots and pots of lovely flowers and plants, indulging in cookies and a cup of Earl Grey. Lovely. That’s how I want to spend my life a few decades later! Oh! With a good book in hand too! ^^

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Oh yay! You’ve tried them too! Good right? Glad you agree :D it would be lovely to just be able to have afternoon tea and relax with a good book and not worry too much about things. Sounds like my perfect sort of holiday, if not retirement hehe

Marla December 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

I had no idea they made anything edible. Those gift sets look nice.

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 11:01 pm

Now you do, Marla!

Tammy December 2, 2012 at 8:17 pm

Of course I do! ;-) very good to order them online here in the UK and they sell them in shops too. Their jams and biscuits are good! I am really interested in those christmas pudding cookies.

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 11:02 pm

Oh Tammy, you’re in the land of Crabtree & Evelyn and tea! :D I really enjoy their foods and I just checked online that it’s so much cheaper there than it is here! Well, tells me I should be visiting London before Christmas next time, to get my edible goodies ;)

Gayathri December 2, 2012 at 11:00 pm

oOo yeaa..i just love crabtree & evelyn during x’mas..the gift packaging is simply gorgeous and it also gives a lot of us the opportunity to try out more things which are in mini sizes..eg, i got the whole set of hand creams :-))

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 11:11 pm

Oh you lucky girl to get the hand cream set! I was told they were flying off the shelves! I love how they come out with all the sampler sizes too. Makes great gifts plus makes it a great way to try them out.

Monstro December 2, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Oh I love their cookies! Thanks for the reminder, need to pick up some gifts!

Paris B December 2, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Hurry on down to the stores, Monstro! If you like something spicy, try the Christmas Pudding one. Very interesting!

Catherine December 3, 2012 at 2:37 am

I had no idea what Crabtree&Evelyn was. But packaging kind of reminds me of Harrods food department- god knows why xD

Paris B December 4, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Harrods biscuit tins!! I love them (and the biscuits inside of course) it must be an English thing, these tins ;)

beetrice December 3, 2012 at 11:44 am

Haven’t tried the Christmas Pudding biscuits, but the Spiced Ginger ones are pretty nice with hot milk tea.. :) My favourites are the All Butter Cookies (orange and lemon)….oh so addictive!

Paris B December 4, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Oh yeah the lemon cookies are nice too. Very tangy!

lisa December 4, 2012 at 8:53 am

I love their Strawberries and Cream cookies with tea. Lemon and white chocolate is a tad too sweet. I want those gingerbread men. The tin is a keeper too.
We had the sales here a couple of weeks ago and it was crazy. People were buying and buying. I was very tempted to get the chocolate cookie, hot chocolate, marshmallow and mug set then but put it back. Perhaps i should just get it. It’s the holidays! And i’m going to check out the cherry preserve too. So absolutely Christmasy.

Paris B December 4, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Oh yes, during the sale it as like everything was free! Madness so i ended up with nothing then too! Haha

J. December 6, 2012 at 3:00 am

Nope, I had no idea they made anything eatable at all! But I love these, so adorable!

Paris B December 7, 2012 at 6:36 pm