Aren’t you glad that wasn’t the actual poster for 2012?! (If you don’t know what I mean, look here)
At the risk of sounding trite, “I can’t believe its already 31 December, 2012! Where has the year gone?!”
I know many of you are probably getting ready to party like its 1999… er… I mean like its 2013 So this isn’t going to take too long. I’ve had a pretty good year all things considered.
But as always, here at MWS, nothing would be what it is without all of you and your contributions to the MWS Community. So just for you, as we have done in the previous years (2010, 2011), here are the highlights of 2012 based on what you enjoyed most – the posts that got the most comments and the most interaction from everyone out there. I never know what you’d like to read or what will draw you out of your shell to leave a comment but you know what? Its rarely been about the product reviews! Now that’s a thought
Here we go – blasting back from the recent past of January 2012. These were YOUR Top 3 posts in each month. Did you miss any of the hot topics?
- Hand creams, if you can believe it! You lot love talking hand creams!
- Guerlain’s limited edition Cruel Gardenia Meteorites powder had a look in as well on the beauty front.
- Readers share their various ways to dry makeup brushes. Can you use a hairdryer? Good question!
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters came into town with a whizz bang and pop!
- We also debated whether we would prefer to buy our own diamond rings or let someone else buy them for us.
- And I shared 10+2 tips to get you started with your beauty blog.
- MWS turned 5 Yay!
- We also had a good ol’ natter about whether beauty bloggers are all expected to be young and beautiful? Now that’s something to think about.
- Also some very lively discussions about whether we change our shoes from heels to flats when walking or driving.
- So, how many skincare products do you use daily again? Here’s mine and yours. Interestingly, I’ve simplified things somewhat by now so maybe an update is due
- I took you on a ride down the Riviera with the new Dior Addict Extreme lipsticks – probably the most inspired post I’ve ever done to date!
- Is there a popular cosmetics brand you can’t get into? Well, here’s mine and yours!
- Stand or sit? How do you do your makeup?
- The perfection that is the Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush. I still use this daily for a smooth well covered base that lasts beautifully on my skin. I have also recently been trying out another brush which I’ll share in the coming weeks. Its just as good but I find the finish a little different. Will talk about it soon
- Online shopping! I love it but there are some things I absolutely detest and I know you do too – the discussions were varied!
- I recovered from a sudden outbreak of pimples and acne and traced it to what I ate. Happily, many of you agreed!
- Oh did you know MWS got into the Beauty Box Subscription hype too? Here’s what we offered in our introductory box!
- I discovered a sunscreen so good I’ve gone through 2 bottles and have 1 on standby. I’m presently using a different one but I’m going back to this once I’m done. Its pricey but I love it so there!
- Seriously, how many lipsticks does a girl need? 1? 2? A drawer full? Good question!
- Toss your mascara after 3 months? Do you think I’m made of money? Happily, the 3 month rule no longer applies.
- Do you use your pretty makeup palettes? Or are they just a collector’s item for you to take out and admire from time to time? Many rational people out there!
- Eyes to Kill – Giorgio Armani’s best ever eyeshadows. Ever.
- I found the one and only hand cream I’ll ever use. It even made it into my Best of… series to round up 2012!
- Oh and did you ever get your Facekini? It was the hottest new invention on the beaches of China and you even see me frolicking in one… almost!
- Do you expect to see photographs of brand new items on blogs and does that put pressure on you as a blogger? I’ve decided to say no
- Blog sales – what exactly do you think of them?
- Dior made nude lipstick wearable in their new Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush range. Beautiful shades, beautiful texture!
- Guerlain Perles du Dragon in all its majestic splendour!
- I tried to use nail polish remover to remove eye makeup. Do not try it at home! You share your worst makeup and skincare mistakes and I take refuge knowing I’m not alone
- The one blush brush I’d ever need. Just. The. One.
- Sales assistants! How they can make us love a brand or run so far from it no one can drag us back!
- Are you in some sort of rut? You can climb out of it, with a little help. Just do it!
- Do you mind if your friends buy the same accessories you do? Apparently few people mind unless its a stalkerish situation.
- How do you feel about eating alone? The comments tell me many of us are confident enough to have a meal by themselves
- The blatant fakery and misrepresentation going on on group deal sites really galls me. Don’t be fooled and please tell your friends too!!
- I love dressing for cold weather. The problem is, I live in the tropics. What a conundrum yet I don’t feel alone because so many of you agree HAHA!
Thank you to all of you for joining me in 2012 and for providing me with lots of enjoyment, satisfaction, joy, laughs and ideas. Its pretty much your blog as it is mine so thank you again for all your contributions. It helps me keep going when the going is tough
Again, you have all demonstrated that readers of MWS are all coherent, intelligent people who can discuss and disagree on issues in a cordial, matured manner without being childish, petty or rude. Kudos to everyone for being well… adults!
Wherever you will be tonight, as you ring in the new year, stay safe and have a marvellous time. I’m staying safely out of the traffic – human and vehicular but I know I’ll be watching the fireworks that are bound to light up the night sky the minute the clock chimes midnight
I’ll be back in 2013 and I hope I’ll see all and more of you here too!