Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

in Shoes

I didn’t intend to go shoe shopping but you know how it is with unintentional shopping trips right? Sometimes, you just wander into a store and don’t know what you might find.

Better yet, you just never know what you might find… ON SALE! icon biggrin Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

sergio rossi green Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

I noticed this pair of green pumps in a sale, but it wasn’t the colour or the interesting pebbled texture of the leather that caught my eye. It was the very interesting metal detail down the heel. All 4″ of it. You have to admit that it is most certainly eye catching icon wink Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

sergio rossi green4 Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

I liked how the golden metal contrasts with the dark green leather shoe and how the rest of the shoe looks so sedate and, well, normal.

sergio rossi green2 Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

Its the first time I’m owning a pair of shoes with this sort of detail. Usually, the detail on my shoes go in the front and I have a terrible habit of scuffing the heels of my shoes. Then again, this isn’t exactly a workhorse shoe, is it? Not something to wear everyday. The 4″ heel will likely kill my back too, if I tried! But I can and will be wearing it to work occasionally because I think it looks sedate enough, and if I keep everything else simple, it’d make my outfit!

Now that I’ve acquired a pair of shoes with interesting detail, its spurred me to look at my footwear in a slightly different light. Why wear boring plain pumps, no matter how serviceable they may look, when I could just as easily wear a pair of interesting looking shoes? icon biggrin Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

sergio rossi green3 Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

This pair is by Sergio Rossi and lest you think I was nuts to pay 4 jaw dropping figures for this, I assure you I wasn’t that crazy. I got it for just over 75% off, in a wallet friendly 3 figures, and that in my books, is a bargain icon smile Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

Do you own shoes with interesting detail on them?

Its not often that I find detail on heels so it intrigued me. Its also the most interesting pair of shoes I own and I look forward to many more on the spur of the moment bargain finds of interesting shoes in my size icon smile Unintentionally Well Heeled down in the Bargain Basement

Jess November 4, 2012 at 8:43 am

Oh this pair of pumps indeed has a very interesting detail to it, but still remains to be elegant enough! I have just recently got a pair of knee high boots by Sergio Rossi myself, and I’m so in love with the quality as well as with the overall design! ;)

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:19 pm

*whimper* I saw a pair of high boots on sale too but had to be good and pass because there’s no way I can wear them here :( They must be gorgeous, Jess! (blog them? :P )

Jess November 6, 2012 at 7:50 am

Yes, I adore everything about the pair of knee-high boots I got – bt oi oi… they are my most expensive shoes that I ever got! :D

I really wish I’ll be able to come back blogging soon – but as for now, still too much going on… However, I won’t give up my love for blogging!

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Hope things calm down in your life soon, sounds like hectic times! :)

Sunny November 4, 2012 at 8:50 am

OOO these are SO much fun!!! Love the COLOR, the DETAIL, and the TEXTURE!!! Good job Paris! Definitely a pair of statement shoes!

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Haha thanks Sunny! It is such an interesting combination, I couldn’t pass it up

Marla November 4, 2012 at 9:04 am

Those metal heels are fabulous.

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:20 pm

An unexpected design! Thanks Marla!

Catherine November 4, 2012 at 9:05 am

They look GREAT! I love the detail on the heel and the colour and the height is just right… Congrats! You r lucky! I never find anything on sales :(

My shoes with interesting detail? Hmm I dunno if its really detail but I consider them so so special- Boudoir flats, lace on satin from Louboutin, I actually never worn them because I prefer to admire them :) They were a gift from my boyfriend on our 2nd anniversary so they re really special for me!

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Thanks Catherine, I could never afford SR here otherwise :P And your shoes sound so delicate and lovely! Lace on Satin… ah! Decadent and lovely all at once – what a lovely boyfriend (with great taste too! ;) )

Lily November 4, 2012 at 9:47 am

I grabbed some shoes at a bargain in Australia. A pair of leather pumps that retail for more than rm400 here was on sale. Guess how much i paid? AUD25 only. I was so happy. Lol!

cristal November 4, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Lucky you!! Whichi shop did u get them from?

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Damn girl, now that’s a bargain! :D I love steals like that especially on holiday – it makes it all the sweeter.

giddy tigress November 4, 2012 at 9:50 am

I love those details…but unfortunately I could never carry off a pair of 4-inch heels…I’d be towering!! LOL

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Haha You would be too! :D

lyn November 4, 2012 at 9:54 am

Oh shucks… I couldn’t make it across as it was raining quite heavily :-( It’s a beautiful pair. I like the pebbled leather too and it’s in a very unique colour. Good eye and good buy!

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Thanks Lyn and darn! I was hoping you’d picked up something nice too!

Tuti November 4, 2012 at 10:27 am

i wonder how it feels if we accidentally step on someone, ehehee…but it is very nice shoe, one of the special in ur wardrobe, i believe. where is the store by the way?

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm

LOL painful, I’d imagine? ;) The Sergio Rossi store is in Starhill, but this was a 1 day Friends & Family sale held in a separate location.

Rin November 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous pair of heels they are! I must say, U certainly did the right choice to pay less (since it was slightly over than 75% off) but U get to wear such gorgeous shoes.

Paris B November 5, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Thank you Rin! I have to admit I couldn’t take my eyes off them the minute I spotted them! Lucky for me that another lady put down this pair right in my size ;)

LeGeeque November 4, 2012 at 11:46 am

Breathtaking. Great choice :) Green for shoes is highly unusual and dare I say it is still very office-friendly.

I’m racking my brains to think if I have any interesting shoes like that. The most I can think of is a faux double-zip detail on a pair of ankle/lower calf boots of mine. It’s pure black in distressed/treated suede so it’s perfect for crazy weather days. There’s a tiny gold plate with the designer label round the back which adds a touch of grunge to it. I wasn’t a fan of being a walking advertisement to the label but I was in a grunge dressing phase :P

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:28 pm

Love the description of your boots! I wish I could wear high boots in our weather, although with the sort of rains we’ve been getting and the dropping temperatures, I could probably swing it! :P

Sam November 4, 2012 at 12:10 pm

I absolutely heart those. Love them! I am a bit of a shoe fiend, I love unusual ones, I can make men (well, male colleagues) stop in their tracks to admire them!

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

You must have an excellent selection of shoes, Sam! :D

Monstro November 4, 2012 at 12:18 pm

What a great buy for such a beautiful pair! Well done! I love the heel!

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Thanks Monstro :D

nani November 4, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Love love love the details in the heel.. But if i ever wear a shoe that is that high, it will kill my feet and back. I twisted my ankle years back, and since then i couldn’t wear anything above kitten heel unless the event is meant for you to sit down the whole time. :( Anyway, great purchase and what a bargain!! :)

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your ankle injury. I don’t plan to wear these for very long either because although they are fairly wearable, I prefer not to tax my back and knees that way :) Getting old… ;)

Hanny Daforcena November 4, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Oh my Gawd! Lookit those heels! *Melts*

Right, this post has inspired me to work harder so that I can get a high paying job so I can afford them pretty heels!

KThanksBye!

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm

LOL Work at it Hanny and it will come ;)

Anthea November 4, 2012 at 1:47 pm

75%! Gotta remember the month of November… and also when I’ve got a paycheck-lined account xD

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Haha I stumbled on this one day sale quite randomly. I don’t know if they hold it every year though but its worth saving up just in case :)

Camy November 4, 2012 at 2:48 pm

wowwww! i love that heels! my heels are usually simple :X

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Thank you Camy, mine are usually just simple pumps too so I’m pretty stoked about these :D

Eezy November 4, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oh… How I wish I m back in KL now, so I can rush to star hill and see if I can score a bargain too! Bad Paris… *sob* love your shoes btw.. ;-p

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Haha Oops sorry Eezy! :P Where are you now btw? I’m sure you’d be able to score some deals too now that Christmas is near ;)

Kay November 4, 2012 at 3:21 pm

The green is beautiful and I bet will go with a lot of clothes since it is quite muted…and the detail on the heels is utterly lust worthy! I had a pair of metal heeled shoes and it looked modern and fashionable. Yes, it eventually got scuffed but it wasn’t a big deal. Enjoy your new shoes!

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Thank you Kay, I will! I expect the metal bits to be scuffed because I’m really hard on my shoes, but then I suppose that’s what happens with heels right? Can’t put them in a showcase and admire them forever ;)

S. Drama&Makeup November 4, 2012 at 7:26 pm

These shoes are absolutely amazing, I love them! I don’t think I own something so unique.

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Keep your eyes peeled, S. With such an abundance of lovely leather work in Italy, I’m sure you’ll be able to find a pair some day ;)

bita November 4, 2012 at 8:23 pm

love the hill. I used to have shoes with such detail, but currently I don’t. my sis is sending me one from abroad. I’ll see how that turns up ;)

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:38 pm

What fun! Can’t wait till you get your new pair of shoes from your sister :D

Tammy November 5, 2012 at 3:42 am

Sergio Rossi is an investment! And at 75% off……woooooo hoooooooooo!!!!!! ;-)

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 6:39 pm

My reaction exactly, Tammy! Woohoo! :D

pawprints November 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Hi Paris, the shoes are GORGEOUS!!! May I know which sale was this and where did you get them?

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Hiya! It was a one day friends and family sale of various designer brands that included Sergio Rossi. It was in JW marriot hotel and I only found out because I was in the area. Otherwise Sergio Rossi has their boutique in Starhill and should be going on year end sales soon ;)

Vivi November 5, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Used to but not anymore. I was drawn to crazy and loud prints previously but now, I tend to go for neutrals and earthly-colored shoes. I don’t know what happened, haha.

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Hmm… You grew up? ;) but seriously I think our tastes just change Over time. I motice that in my sense of dress too.

Beauty Box November 6, 2012 at 4:05 am

Sergio Rossi makes such beautiful shoes…..you lucky girl you….what a freaking good bargain!

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 11:03 pm

My first pair! My preciousssss ;)

Joyce (bronzerbunny) November 6, 2012 at 1:15 pm

ooh i love details on shoes. I used to destroy heels like there was no tomorrow… but these days, I’m a poor girl who spends all her pennies on makeup! I have a nice pair of nude heels, over the knee suede boots, ballet flats & sandals. (almost all cole haan) Oh and I love my burberry heart rainboots, but other than that, all my other shoes are sort of lonely! haha.

Paris B November 6, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Ooh sounds like a lovely collection there! I haven’t found a nice pair of nude heels yet. Slowly looking :)