Alrighty then. I know its been a while but I’ve finally got the results ofthe MWS Readers’ Choice Awards 2012!
I will tell you that some of the shortlisted products and brands surprised me and when I tabulated the winners in each category, it was like you’d read my mind. So without too much ado, here are your winning choices, and the winners of the Celebrate October giveaway.
Favourite Makeup Remover
- Biore Cleansing Oil
- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Oil ~ WINNER!
- L’Oreal Gentle Lip & Eye Makeup Remover
- Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (2011 Readers’ Choice)
Favourite Face Cleanser
- Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA/BHA Facial Wash ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Vichy Normaderm Cleansing Gel
- Cetaphil Cleanser
- Laneige Multi Cleanser
- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Face Wash
- SKII Facial Treatment Essence
- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner Moisture
- Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Toner
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion
Favourite Facial Scrub or Exfoliator
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Skin Brightening Exfoliator
- Demalogica Daily Microfoliant
- Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel
Favourite Hydrating Face Moisturiser
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Gel Cream
- Estee Lauder Hydrationist Maximum Moisture Cream
- Laneige Hydrating Water Bank Moisture Gel
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream
Favourite Whitening/Brightening Face Moisturiser
- SKII Whitening Source Derm Brightener
- Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Whitening Emulsion
- Laneige White Plus Renew Emulsion
- Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Milk
- Clarins White Plus HP Whitening Velvet Emulsion ~ WINNER!
Favourite Anti-Aging Face Moisturiser
- Olay Regenerist Cream ~ WINNER!
- Clinique Repairwear Intensive Cream
- SKII Stempower Cream
- Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Firming/Sculpting Face & Neck Cream
- SKII Signature Treatment Cream
Favourite Hydrating Face Serum
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex ~ WINNER!
- Estee Lauder Hydrationist Moisture Barrier Fortifier
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- Clarins Hydraquench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase
- Laneige Water Bank Essence
Favourite Whitening/Brightening Face Serum
- Clarins White Plus HP Intensive Whitening Smoothing Serum
- Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
- Diorsnow D-NA Control White Reveal Essence
- Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Corrector
- SKII Cellumination Essence ~ WINNER!
Favourite Anti-Aging Face Serum
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex~ WINNER!
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate
- SKII Facial Treatment Repair C
- Kiehl’s Powerful Line Reducing Concentrate
Favourite Face Mask
- My Beauty Diary Masks
- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX ~ WINNER (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Dior Capture Totale One Essential Mask
- SKII Facial Treatment Mask
- Clarins Hydraquench Cream Mask
Favourite Eye Cream or Gel
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum ~ WINNER!
- Aesop Parsley Seed Antioxidant Eye Cream
- Esmeria 5-Repair Eye Gel
- Clinique All About Eyes (2011 Readers’ Choice)
- Clarins Defining Eye Lift
- Shiseido Perfect UV SPF50+ ~ WINNER!
- Kiehl’s Ultra Light Daily UV Defence Sunscreen SPF50 PA+++
- Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF40 UVA/UVB Anti Pollution
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock
- Biore UV Perfect Milk
Favourite Natural or Organic Skincare brand
- Aesop ~ WINNER!
- Esmeria (2011 Readers’ Choice Winner)
Favourite Face Primer
- Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer ~ WINNER!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Face Primer (2011 Readers’ Choice)
- Benefit The Porefessional
- Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse
- Benefit That Gal
Favourite Liquid Foundation
- Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup SPF15 Liquid Foundation ~ WINNER!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix liquid foundation
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Liquid Foundation
- Laura Mercier Silk Cream Foundation
- Revlon Colorstay Makeup Liquid Foundation (2011 Readers’ Choice)
Favourite Powder Foundation
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Powder Makeup
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
- ZA Perfect Fit 2 way foundation ~ WINNER!
- Diorskin Nude Natural Glow Radiant Powder foundation
- Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation
Favourite Tinted Moisturizer
- NARS Tinted Moisturizer
- Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturiser
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser ~ WINNER!
- Shiseido The Skincare Tinted Moisture Protection
- Bobbi Brown Oil Free Tinted Moisturiser
Favourite BB Cream
- Bobbi Brown BB Cream
- Diorsnow UV Shield White Reveal BB Cream
- Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Estee Lauder – CyberWhite Brilliant Cells Extra Intensive BB Créme Multi-Action Formula SPF 35/PA+++
- Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion SPF50+ PA+++
- Make Up For Ever Full Cover ~ WINNER!
- Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage
- Laura Mercier Undercover Pot
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
Favourite Loose Powder or Setting Powder
- MAC Prep + Prime Translucent setting powder
- Guerlain Meteorites Perles Illuminating Powder
- Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder
- Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder
- Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder ~ WINNER!
Favourite Highlighter or Illuminator
- Guerlain Meteorites Perles Illuminating Powder ~ WINNER!
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector
- YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch
- Benefit High Beam
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightener
- NARS Powder Blush
- Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush
- Benefit Box o Powder blush
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Blush
- MAC Powder blush ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 ~ WINNER!
- Dior 5 Couleur Eyeshadow Palette
- Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Silk Eyeshadow
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow
- Urban Decay Naked Palette 2
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Eyeliner (2011 Readers’ Choice)
- Guerlain Eyeliner & Kohl pencil
- Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner
- Maybelline Hypersharp Liquid Eyeliner ~ WINNER!
- Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Liner
Favourite Eyelid Primer
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Urban Decay Primer Potion ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- NARS Smudgeproof Eye Primer
- Etude House Proof 10 Primer
- Laura Mercier Eye Creme
- Maybelline The Falsies ~ WINNER!
- Kiss Me Heroine Long & Curl
- Benefit Badgal Mascara
- Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes
- Clinique Lash Power Mascara
Favourite Eyebrow Pen/Pencil/Product
- Empro Triangular Brow Pencil
- Shu Uemura Hard Pencil 9 ~ WINNER!
- Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo
- Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil
- Kate Designing Eyebrow Powder
- Revlon Colourburst Lipstick
- Dior Addict Lipstick ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick
- Guerlain Rouge G Lipstick
- Burberry Lip Cover Lipstick
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss ~ WINNER!
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipgloss
- NYX Megashine lipgloss
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Gloss
- Bobbi Brown Lipgloss
Favourite Lip Balm
- Lucas’ Papaw Ointment
- Kiehl’s Lipbalm #1
- Maybelline Baby Lips ~ WINNER!
- Vaseline Lip Therapy
- Burt’s Bees Lipbalm
Favourite Makeup Brushes
- MAC ~ WINNER!
- Bobbi Brown
- Laura Mercier
Hair, Nail & Body
- Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
- Chloe-Chloe ~ WINNER!
- Chanel Chance
- Marc Jacobs Daisy
- Elizabeth Arden Green Tea
Favourite Body Lotion or Cream
- Vaseline Body Lotion ~ WINNER!
- Crabtree & Evelyn Body Lotion
- L’Occitane Body Lotion
- The Body Shop Body Butter
- Nivea Body Lotion
Favourite Hand Cream
- L’Occitane Hand Creams ~ WINNER!
- Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Therapy
- Aesop Resurrection Hand Balm
- Clarins Hand Cream
- Jurlique Rose Hand Cream
Favourite Hair Care Brand
- Kerastase ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
Favourite Nail Polish
- Sally Hansen
- OPI ~ WINNER! (2011 Readers’ Choice too!)
- Etude House
And now for the Celebrate October Winners – there are 3 this year who will share this loot!
Winners are : Alison, Ching, Norissa Chavez
I will be contacting you by email and you will have 48 hours to respond or your prize is forfeit. I’m very strict about that so make sure you check your email and your spam box.
Thank you everyone for helping make the Readers’ Choice Awards 2012 a great success!
Now tell me: Did any of the results surprise you? Or perhaps your favourite products won?
I was actually quite interested in the shortlist, more than the winners. There are quite a few products there I haven’t tried, and did you notice a couple of products that won last year also won your hearts this year? I love that!