Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

in Natural,New on shelves,Skincare

Alright, REN Skincare may not be new to you anymore, but it was new about 3 years ago when I was first introduced to it. I tried some of the products then, liked some of them and loved some of them. One of my favourites was the Omega 3 Night Repair Serum which was an oil that I swear my skin lapped up eagerly each night. I bought and finished off the full size bottle even.

Then, REN disappeared from our shores some time last year and I wasn’t sure where they’d gone or if they were coming back. But it is heartening to know that they are now back here, and will hopefully hang around a little longer this time icon smile Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

ren Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

Better yet, they have not only returned, the prices have dropped! Yes! /fistpump

Have you tried any products from REN while they were here? They’ve since come out with a couple more new products in their line up too. Or is your knowledge of REN limited to “that” commercial? Which commercial you ask? Ah… icon wink Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

REN, which means “clean” in Swedish, is a range of skincare from the UK. They are doing quite well in certain skincare niches especially around Europe and Scandinavia. The products are supposed to contain bio actives derived from plants and do not contain skin unfriendly ingredients like parabens, mineral oils etc

To avoid repeating myself, you can actually read about the brand and what they embody in my previous introduction to REN post. The concepts are all there and all remain the same so its no use my yabbering on about the same thing icon smile Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

ren3 Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

Products in REN are colour coded for ease of reference, for the various categories of skincare they cover. So by way of example here, are products showing the orange and purple band. The Orange band that you see in the Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask (RM175/50ml), a REN bestseller, is part of the Radiance range. Products in this range are targeted at making skin look more radiant and revived.

I tried the Glycolactic mask back in the day but it didn’t wow me. I am planning to give it another go, to see if it will help make my skin look better this time. Lots have happened in 3 years and maybe my skin now needs it more than ever icon razz Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

The purple band signifies the anti-aging range of which a star product is the Keep Young and Beautiful SH2C Serum (RM305/30ml) Again, this is something I have tried before this (review here). I said back then I thought it did a fair job but I preferred the Omega 3 Night Repair Serum. Well, I’m going to give this another go, and see how I feel 2 years down the road.

I’m told that many of the products are upgraded from time to time, as technology improves. Also, our skins change every now and then so who knows if what did not work before may work now.

ren2 Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

I couldn’t let you go without telling you of my personal favourite – the Moroccan Rose Otto Ultra-Nourishing Body Oil (Read the gushing review here) The Award Winning Moroccan Rose range carries a maroon band and there is a body wash, body scrub (also sublime!) and body lotion as part of the range.

If you never try anything from REN, do try something from the Moroccan Rose range. I asked a couple of people around the table if they’d tried anything from the brand, and most of them said they had. When I asked what it was they tried, the breathless answers all started with Moroccan Rose. Sometimes, you just need that little bit of luxury to yourself in the shower or on your skin. Lovely!

ren4 Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

A couple of new products have popped up on the shelves, and I have my eye on one of them already. See if you know which icon wink Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

• Clarifying Toning Lotion – A toner that exfoliates skin, unclogs pores and refreshes skin
  • Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate – A concentrate containing nature derived vitamin A, Provitamin A and Retinoid Analogue to combat wrinkles, imperfections and age spots and helps skin look younger, smoother and brighter. Did you guess that this is the one I am raring to get at?!
  • Photoactive Sun Veil SPF15 – A lightweight mineral sunscreen that fights free radicals and is light enough for you to wear OVER makeup so you can easily touch up throughout the day. Fascinating!
  • Keep Young and Beautiful Anti-Ageing Eye Cream – An anti-ageing lifting eye cream to reduce lines around the eyes and firms and lifts skin.

So, as I said, I have my eye on the Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate. I am very curious about it because its firstly a face oil and I like face oils, and secondly its supposed to be a retinoid and retinol is one of the proven ingredients to resurface the skin. So this is something I plan to pick up soon.

REN Skincare is now distributed locally by Ken’s Apothecary which means its only available in 2 places – Ken’s Apothecary Empire Shopping Gallery and Bangsar Village 2. The latter store isn’t opened yet and I almost never go down to Subang anymore, so I guess I have to wait to pick up the Bio Retinoid serum and to check out more stuff in REN. Oh, and I am hoping they start selling it online too so I can be a caveman and order it from home icon smile Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

Have you tried anything from REN Skincare? Have you come across anything from the brand that might interest you?

Oh and I mentioned a commercial didn’t I? We discussed this once before so you can go here to watch it. Do just note that its not safe for work or those who have delicate senses icon wink Not quite New : REN Skincare is back and they brought us new stuff!

REN Skincare will be available at Ken’s Apothecary at Empire Shopping Gallery and Bangsar Village 2

LeGeeque November 23, 2012 at 8:55 am

I LOVE the shower gel and body lotion I got as a CHristmas gift before. Before that, I’ve also used their Moroccan Rose shower oil. I’ve finished off a Rose 012 serum which was an oil and I’ve actually repurchased. It’s great for dry skin and I use it in winter in the day. I love it!

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I have been thinking about trying that rose fac oil for a while but have been told that it maybe too rich for my skin. We’ll see how that goes ;) guess the next oil to try would be the bath oil!

Sunny November 23, 2012 at 9:19 am

Eeee exciting news! I’ve been really digging the Radiance Renewal mask! I’d LOVE to try some more from this brand for sure!

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I’ve had some hits and misses, but generally I do think they work pretty well ;)

xin November 23, 2012 at 9:22 am

no wonder i haven’t seen REN around for such a long time! was thinking thay my eyes were playing tricks on me! if u like the l’occitane almond shower oil, you should really try the REN morrocon rose bath oil, it’s richer, milkier, and more luxurious. scents hang around longer too! unlike the almond oil, this texture is runnier though.

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I was wondering the same thing because it had become difficult to find. I guess I must try the rose bath oil now, fellow oil lover!

Firn November 23, 2012 at 9:40 am

Just be careful trying out any exfoliants (glycolic acid or retinol/retinoids) as they can thin out your skin excessively AND make you photosensitive.

I am using a retinoid cream at night only layered over my moisturiser and it still makes my skin peel where I applied it. But it’s good as a spot treatment in combination with my prescription antibiotic gel. It dries out the pimple almost overnight/makes the pus surface quicker.

Also if you are using a retinoid, be sure to use a good sunscreen because you can get post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation if you get some sun.

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for the warnings, Firn! It’s very helpful to bear in mind :) I was told the products give the effect of a peel and of retinol without the side effects, but one can never be too careful ;)

Sze Ling November 23, 2012 at 10:47 am

Never try any REN before. But I’m definitely intrigued. Hopefully they’d open an outlet in Penang, or I might just need to make another trip down to KL. :P Don’t like buying new skincare product without first smelling it and seeing the actual product first. I’m weird, I know. LOL.

I think we could be cave-buddies and do some online shopping together. Hehe. Love buying online, but only for things that I’m sure about.

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Not weird, Sze Ling, just savvy ;) I prefer not to buy skincare without first seeing and touching it too. It’s different from makeup, that I’m quite prepared to buy sight unseen :) hopefully the next time you’re down in KL you’ll have a chance to check it out ;)

AnT November 23, 2012 at 11:18 am

Eh? I thought I have seen it at Parkson Pavilion? LOL! I must be wrong :P

Me love the Morrocon Shower Gel! :D

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm

They used to be there, but not anymore. After this, it’s only available at Ken’s Apothecary :)

kuri November 23, 2012 at 1:28 pm

hrm, i feel like i’ve seen it around; I’ll have to look out for the Moroccan rose line.

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Highly recommended!! :)

Stephanie/Yukaeshi November 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm

REN is also available in Sephora KLCC (Not sure about the other Sephora stores but I’ve definitely seen it in the KLCC one), Metrojaya Mid Valley and Parkson KLCC! :)

Paris B November 24, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Yep, they used to be sold there but they’ve been pulled out :)

Becca November 23, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Awesome brand! I’ve ALWAYS wanted to try the Glycolactic mask but never got around to it. Must really do that…I DO however have the Clarifying Toning Lotion and the Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate (which I’ve been MEANING to review but I keep forgetting!! :P). I think you’ll LOVE the Bio Retinoid Concentrate–it’s SO lovely and silky and wonderful! And it smells amazing too. The Clarifying Toning Lotion might be a bit drying for you…I find it to be a little bit drying for me and I have very oily skin!

Paris B November 25, 2012 at 12:03 am

Ooh Becca, please review the Bio Retinoid Concentrate! I’d love to read a proper non sponsored review lol! Not that I have anything against people who are sponsored products, but some are just too gushy, if you know what I mean. I don’t plan to try the Clarifying lotion. I have a problem with anything clarifying, thanks to dry skin ;)

Marla November 23, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I tried something by Ren a long time ago, just can’t remember now. I do like that company.

Paris B November 25, 2012 at 12:05 am

Haha hope it was a good product you tried! ;)

Claire November 23, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Their Rose serum is my HG product from them, my dry sin loves it. I also like their Glycolactic Peel mask a lot. While beeing gentle enough to use it reguraly it still is efficient enough to show results. I am very curious about the eye cream and yet have to try it out, hopefully soon :D

Paris B November 25, 2012 at 12:06 am

Ah I have been wanting to try the rose serum but my skin may not be dry enough lol! What a tragedy eh? ;) still, I plan to some day. Hopefully I can snag a sample!

Jyoan November 23, 2012 at 11:22 pm

haha, I am still stuck at the commercial.

Paris B November 25, 2012 at 12:07 am

Lol! An impactful one it would seem! ;)

Emy Shin November 24, 2012 at 12:38 am

I follow quite a few UK beauty blogs and have wanted to try REN ever since I first heard about it, especially their Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. But given that I have several exfoliators currently in use (including Retin-A for acne), I might wait a bit before trying. :)

Paris B November 25, 2012 at 12:11 am

Might be a good idea, Emy. Don’t want to over exfoliate!

Helen Nguyen November 24, 2012 at 6:55 pm

I got my eyes on the Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Concentrate too :) I love facial oils and better yet, retinol and serums! Haha, can’t wait for you to get this Paris!

Paris B November 25, 2012 at 12:36 am

Ooh high5! I can’t wait to get it too, but I have to wait for the store closer to me to open first lol!

Lavender November 26, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Ha ha, they had a mini sale at my office maybe 2 mths ago and I borong the serum (7 bottles including the Bio Retinoid concentrate) and other stuff. Of course I also grabbed the Moroccan bath set. I am using the hydra calm youth defence serum and the Omega 3 serum. Omega 3 serum is a bit smelly but I mixed it with the Frankinsence nite cream. My skin is loving REN.

Paris B November 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Haha I thought the Omega 3 serum smells fishy like the fish oils I take as supplements :D I like the Frankinsence night cream too! Lucky you to pick them up at a discount. Are you liking the Bio Retinoid Concentrate?

EL December 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I stopped by bv2 yesterday and almost bought the bath oil but ended up with the omega 3 serum instead. Mainly because i wanted to get the rm50 voucher as part of their opening special. Prices r definitely more reasonable this round. The SA has convinced me to get the calm gel cleanser. Maybe next time!

Paris B December 10, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Ahh I loved the Omega 3 serum and I got the text message to collect the RM50 voucher too but I didn’t find time to go. I’m glad to know the prices are better prices for the wallet. I did think they were quite marked up before this!

Glamazon December 12, 2012 at 4:42 am

Hi there. I am currently using the Bio Retinoid concentrate and can honestly say it is one of the most effective skin care products I have used – my usually dry (cheeks) sensitive mid 40s skin feels super soft and my skin tone is much more even and calm. Dry patches have disappeared which never happened with other oils I have used. I love it! I’ve ordered the Rose Q10 oil too now for winter so hopefully I will love that too and also the new eye cream you mention above. I’m also a big fan of the Glycolactic mask – I know that they say not to use it on sensitive skin but I don’t find it irritating at all. I’m definitely going through a REN revival at the moment :)

Paris B December 13, 2012 at 5:10 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Bio Retinoid Concentrate! Its the one I plan to pick up soon to try and am glad to know it gets raves :D