Alrighty! Hands up whoever has tried Yves Rocher products?
You can’t see it, but I have my hand firmly DOWN because you know what? I’ve never tried anything from the brand. I didn’t even know where to find a Yves Rocher store in the city until recently! (Fahrenheit 88 mall btw) The thing is, I had seen the store before in some of the outlying malls a few years ago, but I’d never wandered in because it says Yves Rocher – France and it was so well laid out, I had it in my head that it was expensive. France, you know…
So it was with great surprise that I found out quite recently, that it isn’t. It in fact, could be considered pretty affordable, if not outright cheap for a brand of skincare that is said to be the No. 1 selling brand in France. Ladies from France, please confirm this?
Yves Rocher has recently launched a new botanical skincare line worldwide called Hydra Vegétal and with a name like that, and the soothing light blue packaging, you just know that its all about moisture. You’d be right too!
Yves Rocher as a brand focuses on the use of botanical ingredients in their skincare i.e. derived from plants. Hydra Vegétal harneses the active ingredients from 2 plants that live in extreme climates – the Canadian Maple Tree in the extreme cold, and the Organic Blue Agave in the arid dry deserts of Mexico – to address problems of hydration and moisture in skin. What this Hydra Vegétal range is supposed to do add moisture into skin and lock in that moisture to help keep skin hydrated all day long.
Its quite opportune for this to appear on my horizon at this time because my skin has suddenly decided to rebel and turn dry again. Gah!
I have just started trying out one or two items in the range so I have no thoughts on it yet. I will definitely share my thoughts when I’ve a more informed view, because price wise, its very attractive.
How attractive you ask? Well, very!
- Hydra Vegétal 24H Intense Hydrating Gel Cream (RM59/50ml) – a light gel-cream texture for normal to combination skin
- Hydra Vegétal Moisture Boost Concentrate (RM99/30ml) – A light textured concentrate, or what we’d more commonly recognise as a serum that boosts hydration almost immediately. It is advised to use a moisturizer over it to seal in the goodness
- Hydra Vegétal Hydrating Cleansing Milk (RM49/200ml) – a light lotion based cleanser that is supposed to remove makeup while not drying out the skin
- Hydra Vegétal Hydrating Toner (RM49/200ml) – a toner, if you use it, that tones skin without drying it out the way normal toners do
- Hydra Vegétal Refreshing Gel Cleanser (RM49/125ml) – quite self-explanatory in that it cleans skin without drying it out
Nothing over RM100 – very attractive right?
The press info sounds all juicy and wonderful – skin drenched in moisture, skin is so saturated and looks replenished and radiant – but you know what? This review from Tracy is the one that sealed the deal for me. If she finds it good, chances are I will too so that got me all hyped up and ready to give it a go
I’m most interested in the Gel Cream moisturiser and the Moisture Boost Concentrate so once I have some thoughts on them, you will be sure to know of it
Have you tried anything from Yves Rocher before? Is there anything else in the brand I should be taking a look at?
I don’t know how popular this brand is locally but I think its quite popular over in Europe so I’d love to know what I should be looking at the next time I stop by the Yves Rocher store
Yves Rocher Hydra Vegétal skincare is available at Yves Rocher stores nationwide. Prices are as listed above