MWS Picks Budget Beauty No. 2: 5 more things I love that cost under RM50

in Blush,Cheap and Good?,Cleanser,Hair,Lipbalm,Lipstick,Makeup,Makeup Remover,Natural,Product Reviews

budget buy rm50 MWS Picks Budget Beauty No. 2: 5 more things I love that cost under RM50

Some of you may remember that a while ago, I did a post where I picked 10 things I loved that cost under RM50. I had good fun doing it, because it reminds me that even as I traipse amongst the hallowed beauty halls of department store beauty, there are some gems to be found in the pharmacies, and for a good price. I hope to share my budget beauty faves with you so this will be a recurring series, as it were icon smile MWS Picks Budget Beauty No. 2: 5 more things I love that cost under RM50

Every now and again, I’ll pick a couple of my favourite budget beauty products and share them with you. Today, I pick out 5 more items I love. With gift giving season fast approaching, these wallet friendly items make great gifts, won’t break the bank and importantly, they WORK! icon smile MWS Picks Budget Beauty No. 2: 5 more things I love that cost under RM50

budget buys MWS Picks Budget Beauty No. 2: 5 more things I love that cost under RM50

Its quite an assorted bunch this time around.

1. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters (RM25) (Read the Review here and here) – The Revlon Lip Butters are almost cult-like in the fervour with which people collect these. Moisturizing like a lip balm, yet with nice sheer pigmented colour, the Lip Butters are by far, Revlon’s most popular lip products to date.
  2. Human Nature Natural Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner (RM39.90/500ml) (Read the Review) – After I finished up the sample I was sent, I ordered the large sized bottles of both the shampoo and conditioner (not pictured). They work very well for my hair, it is excellent value, my sensitive hands do not react, its natural and I plan to stick with this until such time it no longer works. I’m already more than halfway through these!
  3. Revlon Matte Powder blush (RM42) (Read the review) – I come back to this one now and again. Its a lovely matte blush and Perfectly Peach is a lovely barely there colour on skin that just gives the right amount of colour. This is actually my second one. Yeah, that’s how much I like it!
  4. Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil (HKD45 ~ RM17) (Read the review) – Ok I cheated with this one which is unavailable in Malaysia at time of writing. I pick mine up from Hong Kong, either when I go or through friends who go there. I’ve been using it for years, alternating it with pricier ones, but quite happy to stick with this, if I had the access to it locally.
  5. Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Refreshing Gel Cleanser (RM49/125ml) – I haven’t written a review for this one but you can expect it soon. It is a non drying gel cleanser that smells refreshingly green, and makes skin feel very comfortable after washing. I use it in the mornings and its a nice face cleanser to wake up to.

Have you tried any of the 5 budget beauty products I’ve featured here? Have you found anything good and cheap lately?

I come across gems now and again but I haven’t been trawling the pharmacies a lot lately. RM50 isn’t a lot but it can snag you some goodies icon wink MWS Picks Budget Beauty No. 2: 5 more things I love that cost under RM50

Prices are accurate at time of writing. Please check the individual reviews for information on where to purchase them.

MWS Picks Budget Beauty Series : No. 1

LeGeeque November 21, 2012 at 8:40 am

Really dying to try Yves Rocher – I don’t need more cleansers, I’m running out of counter space!

November 21, 2012 at 9:35 am

The cleanser is not bad for the price coz you don’t need a lot, but I am really happy with the Hydra Vegetal serum and gel cream. My skin seems to really like it. Do you get YR in Australia?

LeGeeque November 21, 2012 at 9:51 am

I doubt we get it here. It’s so hard for non-Australian brands to penetrate the market. They’re highly-protective of local brands, understandably. I’ll check it out and tell you if I see any!

Jo November 21, 2012 at 11:08 am

I’m really loving the Hydra Vegetal cleanser and serum too! Smells lovely and fresh and not sticky too! What a great buy! Thanks for recommending it. :)

P/S: They’re currently running a promo – great discounts!

November 24, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Ooh I still haven’t had the chance to check out the store but glad you’re liking the products too!

Sue
November 21, 2012 at 9:09 am

I love the Kose Softymo and like you, I pick it up if I were in HK or if any of my friends were dropping by there. It’s my staple make up remover. I do wish that it’s available here though.

November 24, 2012 at 12:26 am

Me too! To think I used to buy it from Sasa. Not sure why they stopped bringing it in

Nikki November 21, 2012 at 9:36 am

Eeek I see Human Nature! :)

November 24, 2012 at 12:27 am

Yes indeed! I love their shampoo. My hair doesn’t get bored!

Beauty Box November 21, 2012 at 10:20 am

Great picks! Always a fan of Revlon….reliable and good. I keep seeing Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil in blogs but when I checked it out at the drugstore here in Tokyo, the first ingredient is mineral oil. Should it matter since it is a rinse off product?

November 24, 2012 at 12:31 am

Glad you think so! I think Revlon is very strong in their base and lip products but they do still need to work on their eye stuff :) I never knew what the ingredients were because they were all in Japanese, but I think if your skin is sensitive to mineral oil then better not try it. Mine isn’t so it works for me, but Shu Uemura doesn’t :)

Beauty Box November 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Appreciate your reply :) My skin actually likes Shu Uemura though I do find the fragrance a bit strong. I like it because it takes everything off, including stubborn Japanese mascara. I do remember that Shu Uemura has mineral oil in its blend. The Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil ingredients list in English can be found here if you are interested: http://www.ratzillacosme.com/2009/softymo-white-cleansing-oil-n/ It has rice bran oil – how interesting!

November 25, 2012 at 12:26 am

Thanks for the link! I can’t figure out what it is in Shu Uemura products that irritate my skin. Can’t use a lot of their stuff, which is a pity!

Ting November 21, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Yes I have tried 1 and 3. Love them! Will try the softymo one because we can get in boots here. There’s this thai local brand called Oriental Princess that try to be Body Shop. Their luxurious eyeliner is not bad. Trendy things like kajal eyeliner is available too. Good and cheap. :)

November 24, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Glad to know you too like the Revlon items! :D must take a look at Oriental Princess. Haven’t come across it anywhere!

Tracy November 21, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Revlon Matte blush you say, hey? On the list now fellow blush fiend! ;)
Oh, and I LOVE that Yves Rocher Cleanser too!

November 24, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Yes! That Revlon blush is surprisingly nice. I just dug it out again recently and was impresse all over again :)

casey23 November 21, 2012 at 3:34 pm

I used to use Kose’s cleansing oil it was very nice but I no longer have access to Kose or any other Asian brand, which is very sad :( I am really missing them..

By the way I am getting very anxious about Revlon’s lip butters, I believe Revlon is the only drugstore brand that I am excited about (or maybe because it is the only one I can get to!)

November 24, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Oh dear, I’m sorry to hear you no longer have access to your cleansing oils :( Have the lip butters arrived in your country yet? I hope they arrive soon if they haven’t :) they’re nice.

casey23 November 26, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Sadly no. Revlon is one of the brands that is unreachable here in Turkey. I do believe when I’m like 12 or something Revlon was an accessable brand but not anymore, maybe they left here like Vichy in Malaysia :S

I am hoping to see them here as soon as they can, we have rimmel london now, so why not Revlon?

November 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Ah we have brands that come in and leave now and then so I hope you get Revlon soon too! They are making some nice things recently :D

xin
November 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm

i have 1,3, & 4! the only one im still using now is #4, commitment phobia. LOL
xin recently blogged…Your Say: Do you use your skincare until the last drop?My Profile

November 24, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Lol! I think we all have commitment phobia one way or another

Ching November 21, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Tried Softymo after PB’s recommendation – am loving its efficacy and lemon-y smell. Best of all…love the price tag! Yay to PB!

I also picked-up a foaming cleanser from Softymo – it’s packed in a pink palm-sized roundish bottle with a pump top – pretty good stuff too I must say.

November 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Ooh you like it too, yay! The price is so wallet friendly I love it even if its now a bit more pricey in HK. I think I may have that foaming wash. Shall have to check my stash again ;)

Marla November 21, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters are great. Love them.

November 24, 2012 at 10:34 pm

They are certainly nice. I find them a bit drying myself, but they are still nice for the price.

November 21, 2012 at 10:15 pm

I must try the Revlon blush! I don’t seem to have much luck with drugstore stuff though. My best experiences have to be mascaras :-)
Lily recently blogged…FOTD: Michael Kors for Estee Lauder Holiday Set 2012 and Mini ReviewMy Profile

November 24, 2012 at 10:39 pm

If you try it I hope you’ll like it. It is surprisingly good. Oust dug it out recently and loved it all over again :)

Kathy Sommers
November 22, 2012 at 2:43 am

Very informative, after reading I think I will just give the Revlon blush a try!!

Thanks,

Becca
November 22, 2012 at 8:20 am

Oh–very curious about the Revlon matte blush now! I love a nice, soft wash of color and peach is one of my favorite blush shades. I will definitely be scouring the aisles for this!! :D
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: Becca Mineral Blush in Sweetpea Review & SwatchesMy Profile

November 24, 2012 at 10:43 pm

I think you might like this one then. It’s been around a while, but it’s one of the better items I’ve tried, and it’s affordable :) just don’t compare it to the high end stuff ;)

Adeline November 23, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Can I share my 5 too?

Maybelline Hypersharp liner (currently 19.90RM on sale in Watson’s I think)
Shiseido Tsubaki haircare (RM55.90-56.90 for the value set now.. shampoo and conditioner 550ml each, so one bottle is less than RM50)
L’oreal Infallible eyeshadows (available in Singapore for less than S$20)
Heroine Make mascaras – I love Long & Curl (have not tried the others)
Majolica Majorca mascaras – Lash Expander Frame Plus (have not tried the others)

November 24, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Thank you for sharing, Adeline! I like the Maybelline Hypersharp liner too! Oh and LOVE the Loreal Infallible shadows!

Jennifer November 23, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Yay, another wallet friendly blush to try – Revlon Matte Powder blush. I’m increasingly comfortable with the Silkygirl one, too bad it’s limited edition. I was contemplating to get Benefit Coralista or Sleek Rose Gold since I have been consistently using blush daily to work. I am so drawn to Rose Gold by looking at online swatches but with both cheeks covered with acne scars, the gold glitter may not be a good thing. Matte blush might work better I suppose.

Nadia November 24, 2012 at 11:32 am

Haven’t tried any of these, but certainly good to know of awesome budget buys I can get in M’sia. Think you’ve enabled more spending on my part…luckily these are budget buys! :P

November 25, 2012 at 12:23 am

Haha oh yes, I thought it was time I turned my attention to the often forgotten budget beauty buys. There are lots of nice things that aren’t too expensive… But it takes some digging to find them!

AB November 24, 2012 at 2:22 pm

If you’re ever in Singapore, you can actually buy the Softymo cleansing oil from the Nishino Pharmacy at Liang Court! There’s another Nishino outlet in the basement of Isetan Scotts too, but I’ve no idea if the product’s available there, sorry!

November 25, 2012 at 12:29 am

Ooh that’s good to know AB! I know someone who works not too far from Liang Court!

kuri
November 25, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I’ve tried the Softymo cleansing oil but it didn’t leave much of an impression on me.

November 29, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I think the primary impression it left on me is how affordable it is, so I don’t feel bad using up more :)

Shriya
November 25, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Yves rocher I heard it nice . Loving revlon lip butter , they are not that pigmented but very moisturing . Perfect for winter !

November 29, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Yep the Revlon lip butters are quite something. They work well and give lips such a pretty tint of colour :)

Jaslyn Choo November 26, 2012 at 6:35 pm

Thanks for the budget tips! Been looking out for an orange lipstick and peach blush :D

November 29, 2012 at 5:21 pm

I’ve been told this one may not be available anymore, but Revlon blushes are still generally good so you can start there :D

plue
December 5, 2012 at 11:20 am

paris, need to check with you, but um does your Softymo cleansing oil have a weird scent? mine smells a bit off, am not sure is it due to it being “no fragrance” fragrance kind of scent or what. I have been using it so far nothing bad happens to my face *touch wood*, but am just curious :)
plue recently blogged…Proud Moment: Ugly Turn PrettyMy Profile

December 7, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Hmm… I remember one of the types has a bit of smell but the rest do not. Maybe the deeper yellow one does. I can’t remember. I just finished the white one and am now using the pink one and both have no smell. Hmm…

plue
December 7, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Oh I am using the White one now, that’s the one with the weird smell. I’m a bit scared to try the other versions because of this. But since yours doesn’t, maybe I got a bad bottle or something.

Time to toss you think?
plue recently blogged…DIY: Personalized Card Holder Using Deco Tapes!My Profile

December 7, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Hmm… does sound a bit off. Maybe better to just let it go :P