Some of you may remember that a while ago, I did a post where I picked 10 things I loved that cost under RM50. I had good fun doing it, because it reminds me that even as I traipse amongst the hallowed beauty halls of department store beauty, there are some gems to be found in the pharmacies, and for a good price. I hope to share my budget beauty faves with you so this will be a recurring series, as it were
Every now and again, I’ll pick a couple of my favourite budget beauty products and share them with you. Today, I pick out 5 more items I love. With gift giving season fast approaching, these wallet friendly items make great gifts, won’t break the bank and importantly, they WORK!
Its quite an assorted bunch this time around.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters (RM25) (Read the Review here and here) – The Revlon Lip Butters are almost cult-like in the fervour with which people collect these. Moisturizing like a lip balm, yet with nice sheer pigmented colour, the Lip Butters are by far, Revlon’s most popular lip products to date.
- Human Nature Natural Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner (RM39.90/500ml) (Read the Review) – After I finished up the sample I was sent, I ordered the large sized bottles of both the shampoo and conditioner (not pictured). They work very well for my hair, it is excellent value, my sensitive hands do not react, its natural and I plan to stick with this until such time it no longer works. I’m already more than halfway through these!
- Revlon Matte Powder blush (RM42) (Read the review) – I come back to this one now and again. Its a lovely matte blush and Perfectly Peach is a lovely barely there colour on skin that just gives the right amount of colour. This is actually my second one. Yeah, that’s how much I like it!
- Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil (HKD45 ~ RM17) (Read the review) – Ok I cheated with this one which is unavailable in Malaysia at time of writing. I pick mine up from Hong Kong, either when I go or through friends who go there. I’ve been using it for years, alternating it with pricier ones, but quite happy to stick with this, if I had the access to it locally.
- Yves Rocher Hydra Vegetal Refreshing Gel Cleanser (RM49/125ml) – I haven’t written a review for this one but you can expect it soon. It is a non drying gel cleanser that smells refreshingly green, and makes skin feel very comfortable after washing. I use it in the mornings and its a nice face cleanser to wake up to.
Have you tried any of the 5 budget beauty products I’ve featured here? Have you found anything good and cheap lately?
I come across gems now and again but I haven’t been trawling the pharmacies a lot lately. RM50 isn’t a lot but it can snag you some goodies 😉
Prices are accurate at time of writing. Please check the individual reviews for information on where to purchase them.
MWS Picks Budget Beauty Series : No. 1