in Foundation,Lipstick,Makeup,New on shelves

Ever notice how makeup goes through cyclical phases? There was the lipbalm – lipstick phase a while ago which is great, if you ask me because it soon brought many non lipstick lovers over to the dark side icon wink New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview Then there was the cream shadow phase where many brands rode that bandwagon, some with more success than others. This year, we have the liquid foundation and liquid lipstick phase hitting us… right about … now! Its a cycle though – liquid lipstick was the rage quite a few years ago (Dior had one which is now discontinued – excellent texture and I went through at least 3! But I can’t recall the name now; and Chanel has also discontinued their Rouge Allure Lacque – same concept)

But, Shiseido is making sure they are right on the ball by launching 2 new permanent items to their makeup range – a new liquid foundation and  a new liquid lipstick! Whee!

shiseido lip lacquer New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

The first is a liquid lipstick – Lacquer Rouge – which is inspired by Japanese Lacquerware. Have you ever seen the lovely smooth, burnished surfaces of lacquerware with their deep vibrant colours contrasted with black? This is the imagery we are given with Shseido’s offering and this is what the new lipstick promises. The texture of this liquid lipstick is supposed to leave your lips smooth, glossy and with intense colour like they’ve been lacquered. Wow! Wouldn’t that be something! icon smile New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

Here is a blurry swatch I took in terribly dim lighting conditions of 3 colour families of the Lacquer Rouge.

shiseido lip lacquer2 New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

The 3 colour families I chose were (from left to right) RS (Rose), PK (Pink) and RD (Red). The texture is smooth and it applies opaque. A proper review will come in time, not to worry. Dim lighting really sucks for product/swatch photography but I hope you get the idea icon razz New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

The other new and permanent item is the Radiant Lifting Foundation which is a full coverage liquid foundation that feels light on skin and has skin firming and anti-wrinkle properties.

shiseido radiant foundation New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

The foundation is supposed to infuse skin with light which emanates a youthful glow to the skin while softly diffusing lines. The coverage is stated as full and the texture is a little lighter than the Perfect Refining foundation which feels creamier.

The colour selection is relatively wide. I was told that the foundation shade may not match what you presently are using in Shiseido foundations which is a little odd. Still, I take I00 (Very Light Ivory) in Perfect Refining so I took the same in this version. My first experience was a little disastrous but I’m experimenting with it a little more to try to get a handle on it. I’ll bring my report as soon as I can but you don’t have to worry – these are permanent icon smile New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

shiseido radiant foundation2 New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

You should see both products popping up at a Shiseido counter near you from now, so you can quite easily check them out for yourselves. I have a new found fascination for liquid foundations (so many to look forward to in the coming months!) and naturally, the liquid lipstick is also calling for my attention (at least one other brand is tugging on my wallet too!) so it looks like an expensive few months for me icon wink New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

Does either product catch your eye? How do you feel about liquid lipstick?

Liquid lipstick isn’t quite the same as lipgloss, if you are wondering. It is usually much more pigmented and the colour is brighter and it lasts longer on lips. I will take requests so the item that has the most requests will get top billing for review – let me know which it will be! icon wink New! Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation and Lacquer Rouge Liquid Lipstick Preview

Shiseido Radiant Lifting Foundation Price: RM150/30ml Shiseido Lacquer Rouge Price: RM95 Availability: Shiseido counters starting from now or September 2012

Hanny Daforcena
August 25, 2012 at 8:51 am

Eeeek! The liquid lipsticks are just….

Dear PB, my brother has waited a full year for this video game release… Why do you always tempt me into spoiling a kid’s expectations/Xmas and Birthday wishlist??

Never mind… I’ll wait for the review, then I’ll decide heh heh heh ^.^

August 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

Dear Hanny, time for your bro to return the favour from his dear sister ;) I’m sure the lipstick is cheaper than his game ;)

Sukie August 25, 2012 at 8:52 am

The RS shade is calling out to me! I do like the idea of liquid lipsticks and psst, the Guerlain ones are lovely! :D

August 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

I picked up a Guerlain one! :D I didn’t realize they were matte though so I’m slowly feeling my way around that. Super long staying power though.

Tracy August 25, 2012 at 8:57 am

SWEET!!! I want to check both of these out for sure! I hope it’s here too!

August 27, 2012 at 11:12 am

I hope you have them there Tracy, else you know what to do :)

August 25, 2012 at 9:45 am

Can’t wait for your review! So far, I quite like the lacquer rouge in RD607. I was lucky to be able to buy it because the SA told me they were sent limited quantities. Haven’t seen the foundation yet, and I’d love to try it! Maybe I’ll ask for a sample before buying… perhaps you could review the foundation first?
Lily recently blogged…FOTD: Dior Khaki Design 308 Eyes & Pictorial How ToMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:13 am

Ah lipstick twins! :D I think Shiseido is only slowly rolling them out because they are only due on counters in September. I’ll work on the foundation – requests seem equal :P

retty August 25, 2012 at 10:08 am

Liquid lippie pls! Luv the colour.

August 27, 2012 at 11:13 am

Thanks Retty! I’ll work on it :D

xin
August 25, 2012 at 10:16 am

the liquid lipstick looks really pretty! from your swatch, the pink reminded me of my chanel phoenix…which i have not used in a long long time!
xin recently blogged…Weekend Shopping: Fabulous Finds August BoxMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:14 am

Time to dig that one out and use it! I think they’ve discontinued the range, or was it just certain colours? I can’t remember anymore – so hard to keep up! :P

Jacqueline August 25, 2012 at 10:20 am

I love liquid lipsticks. I picked up Blaze, the range shade but I’m not totally in love with the formula. It didn’t apply as opaque as I thought it would. I prefer MUFE’s Aqua Rouge and the old Chanel Allure Lacque better. I am keen to find out what you think of the foundation though.

August 27, 2012 at 11:15 am

I have heard that the MUFE Aqua Rouge is quite something. The Guerlain one isn’t bad either except I didn’t know it was matte! I might make a start on the foundation then. Its taking me a while to make up my mind about it :P

gin August 25, 2012 at 10:24 am

rm150 already??
shiseido sure is increasing their pricetag!
i’d rather pay 135 for lunasol or 155 for rmk!!!
still, looking forward to your reviews!
is the new liquid lipstick drying on lips? the prev time i tried their two ways(forgot the name), it has gorgeous colour but too drying on me

August 27, 2012 at 11:16 am

Yup, this one is targeted at more matured skin, I feel so that might be why the price is such :) I find liquid lipstick in general less forgiving on dry and lined lips, based on previous experience. But we’ll see. There are 2 out that I know of and it’ll be interesting to see how they fare! :D

Jen August 25, 2012 at 11:01 am

Have you heard of Nyx Soft Matte Lip Creams & Xtreme Lip Creams? It has the same concept at a really cheap price.. :D

August 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

Thanks for the recs Jen :) I haven’t kept up to date with NYX but its great to know they have a similar concept!

gio August 25, 2012 at 1:41 pm

The liquid lipsticks look gorgeous! Can’t wait for your review. :)
gio recently blogged…4 Tips To Make The Most Of Your ShowerMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

As soon as I can, Gio! :D

S. August 25, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I just bought MUFE’s Aqua Rouge, my first liquid lipstick. This Shiseido one looks beautiful :)
S. recently blogged…Haul: Kiko, Essence, MUFE, Burt’s Bees and Pretty Ballerinas.My Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

Ah I hear the MUFE one is quite something and lasts all day! I’ll look out for your review, S :D

Callie August 25, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Why must the lip colors look so tempting?!?!?! Ahhhhh… I don’t wanna spend more money BUT! I’m afraid I cannot resist. Please do tell how good the lipstick is. I’m also looking forward to your review on the liquid foundation. I’m all in for liquid foundation. Never liked the idea of 2-way cake. Do tell if it’s good for ppl with oily complexion. Thanks Paris! ^^
Callie recently blogged…Nice Smooth Porridge – Cantonese StyleMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:19 am

The lipstick colours are very lovely, that much I will admit. I am still feeling my way around both products so my reviews will go up as soon as possible :) As a preliminary observation, I think the liquid foundation may not be as suitable for someone with oily skin but as I said, I’m still feeling my way around it :)

Jyoan August 25, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I love the liquid lipstick so far!

I have it in RS312. I think it’s called Sandstone. One of those Asian exclusive colour.

I am so tempted to get the other two Asian exclusives, because they are so nice!

August 27, 2012 at 11:20 am

Ah I have no idea of the different colour names but glad to know that you love the texture! I’m liking the RD607 too but its a bright red that I can forsee not many people will be as crazy about ;)

Becca
August 25, 2012 at 4:42 pm

God those Lacquer Rouges are glorious!!! :D
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: NEW Anastasia Beverly Hills Lash Genius Clear Waterproof Topcoat Review & PicturesMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:20 am

I just saw a lemming creep up and whisper sweet nothings in your ear ;)

Helz Nguyen
August 25, 2012 at 5:37 pm

The liquid lipstick seems interesting to me! I always been a lip gloss girl – but since I’m not much of a girl any more, this would be a nice way for me to slowly step into my womanhood lol. Hope that they are available here too!
Helz Nguyen recently blogged…Velvet Manicure Nails DIYMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:23 am

Ah what a way to ease into the world of lipsticks :) I hope they’re available where you are!

Sunny
August 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I saw the Lacquer Rouge the other day, but not the foundation. To be fair though, I might not have noticed the foundation since that’s not something I tend to experiment with too easily.

I don’t own a liquid lipstick yet, but I’m eyeing Guerlain Gourmandise (got Gracy Rouge G and couldn’t help but played with that one a little… BIG mistake if you ask me LOL). There are SO many of them popping up this season!
Sunny recently blogged…My Estee Lauder Violet Underground Face by Gigi Bowmer!My Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:24 am

Yes! I think I ended up with Gourmandise M71 from the counter! :D Such an expensive splurge, it better be worth it :P

Sze Ling August 25, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I have no love for liquid “lipsticks”. Find them too much of a hassle to apply. :P

As of 2 weeks ago, I suddenly have a craving for everything “light reflecting”, especially NARS’s new skincare range. Don’t ask me why. :P
And now this Shieseido foundation definitely caught my attention too. Do let us know how the application/experience went. :)
Sze Ling recently blogged…Corn MuffinsMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:27 am

Haha you seem to really like Nars stuff :) I will try to bring some thoughts on the foundation soon. Took me a while to get the hang of it :P

Sze Ling August 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm

I know right?!
Now what you mention it, I seemed to like quite a bit of their stuff.
- Sheer Glow foundation
- Tinted Moisturizer
- Amour blush

Help! I’m slowly going over to the dark side. LOL. :P
Sze Ling recently blogged…Corn MuffinsMy Profile

August 28, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I think we’ve already lost you to the Nars side LOL! ;)

Beth Maiorana August 25, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Thank you for this post today, Paris! I detest liquid lipsticks: they’re too messy for my mature lips/mouth- I am much happier with a controllable lipstick, any brand will do nearly. Look forward to your review of this foundation as my curiosity re Shieseido make up has become intense recently- can’t wait to hear what you have to say (no pressure). xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

August 27, 2012 at 11:31 am

Hi Beth! Liquid lipsticks can be very unforgiving and my previous experience taught me that it is also very drying. So, I’m hoping that these new versions have addressed that :) I will bring my thoughts on the foundation soon. I think it is more targeted to slightly more matured skin to be honest so the young ones can breathe a sigh of relief ;)

Monstro August 26, 2012 at 12:02 am

Looking forward to the reviews, I think the liquid lippies maybe messy, but interested in the foundations!

August 27, 2012 at 11:31 am

Okedoke! Order taken for the foundation ;)

Samantha August 26, 2012 at 12:27 am

I have this new liquid foundation on hand, at first it felt like a bit thick n needs some work but i found the trick and that is u just need to use a one small pump at a time.Usually half a pump is sufficient for my whole face, and love the glow that it imparts & i felt that the glow does last for quite some time. Hope u will be able to like it like i do ;-)

August 27, 2012 at 11:32 am

Ah I felt the same way Samantha! It felt thick the first time I used it and like you, I think I used too much. I also found it oxidised a little on my skin -did you experience that?

Samantha August 28, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Luckily i didnt exp that, maybe the SA was smart to notice i have olive tan skin, she pick the colour which is a little bit fairer

August 30, 2012 at 10:56 am

That’s good to know. I’m already at I00 so I can’t get any lighter LOL!

Applegal August 26, 2012 at 8:46 am

I like all 3 colours! They look really gorgeous :) Btw I picked up the last Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart at Guardian in Midvalley yesterday. Love the colour, and the moment I saw it was the last one, I headed for the cashier counter pronto!

Oh, I played around with some SimplySiti lipsticks and I was surprised at the amazing colour payoff! Some of the colours are really eye-popping, though I was put off by some of the cheap looking packaging :P

August 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

I’ve checked out the Simplysiti range too and while I do think some of their products aren’t too bad the packaging does put me off. Pity huh? :P

Sam
August 26, 2012 at 11:41 am

I’m getting hooked on these liquid lippies – even though I don’t own any yet! They sound so much fun!

August 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

There are so many out there! They do tend to be longer lasting but I’m worried they may be drying too. We’ll see!

Makeup Morsels August 26, 2012 at 1:03 pm

The liquid lipstick looks amazing! Lipstick in general is my weakness, but this new liquid lipstick trend has just got me lemming more products than usual. The ones from Shiseido look great, and I love the colors you chose. Eyeing that red right now!

August 27, 2012 at 12:10 pm

The colours in all the liquid lipstick offerings look so intense! I guess I should expect to see one pop up on your blog soon eh? ;)

Joanna Wong August 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Love the liquid lipstick! Save the trouble of bringing lipstick+lip gloss. Which is the best liquid lipstick and preferably a cheaper range one?

August 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I don’t know if there’s a “best” Joanna, because these things depend on personal preference. Liquid lipstick is sometimes drying but I’m waiting to see if these new versions are more hydrating. I don’t know of a cheaper version as of now. Many drugstore/pharmacy brands aren’t bringing out any yet.

Joanna Wong August 26, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Is it drying to the lips? Lipstick or liquid lipstick?