Insta-Updates: Clearly Corrective White Out

in Photos,Scrubs,Serum

kiehls corrective Insta Updates: Clearly Corrective White Out

I’m starting to incorporate some whitening products back into my skincare and I decided to try the Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Corrector because a) that clear liquid really really intrigues me and b) it smells of lavender!

I do read a lot of good reports from those who have tried it, so I do hope it’ll work for me. Heaven knows, my skin could do with some brightening. I was also interested to note that one of the first products I ever tried from Kiehl’s has undergone a change!

The Clearly Corrective White Skin Brightening Exfoliator used to be the Ultimate White Exfoliator which I really enjoyed using. A tube lasts well forever and I think it was close to a year before I eventually tossed it out, not because it was finished but because I just felt keeping it past a year was too much icon razz Insta Updates: Clearly Corrective White Out

I used to even use this exfoliator on rough bits of skin on my body like elbows or knees or just on my arms. Hey, if the brightening works, my arms could do with some exfoliation too icon wink Insta Updates: Clearly Corrective White Out I am not sure if the formula has changed or if I will like it as much as I did the Ultimate White version but I’ll report after I’ve given it a go.

Have you tried either product and would like to share your thoughts on them?

Its still early days for me. Something like day 2 using it icon razz Insta Updates: Clearly Corrective White Out

Insta-Updates: Snippets of my life which I bring to you from my view of the world through my camera lens in Instagram under ParisBMWS

trah August 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Does the Dark Spot Corrector contains activated vit c? I’m not sure if it’s the same as my product sample (looks the same tho) but mine has mild citrus scent. I didn’t smell any lavender in it.

I like it because it absorbs very quickly into the skin, without leaving any residue. I haven’t tried the exfoliator yet, SA gave me two types of product sample as I was looking for brightening products.

Looking forward to your full review :)

August 27, 2012 at 10:45 am

Hi Trah, yes it does have activated Vit C. I find it has a mild lavender scent, not as strong as MRC but definitely there. I quite like the texture of it because its so lovely and light! I am not sure if its the combination of products but my skin does look much clearer after about a week so naturally I’m quite pleased. Was experiencing really dull skin before this :D

Germs August 23, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Oooh do update on whether the corrector works for you! My sister tried it but it did nothing for her after a whole bottle. Hope it yields better results for you :)

August 27, 2012 at 10:46 am

I hope so too! A week down the road, I can report brighter skin (not much fading of spots but definitely overall clarity) That might also be attributable to the combination of products though. I am having a mad scientist moment but it seems to be working well – oh dear! My poor wallet :P

jk August 23, 2012 at 6:31 pm

I am looking forward to your report. Hope you would be able to mention in your report how this item fares against the Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector previously reviewed by you.

[BTW - a slight digression - I cannot "tahan" (loosely translated - *"withstand/resist"*) any more and succumbed - I just booked the Dior's GS palette] :-p

August 27, 2012 at 10:48 am

Hi JK, I will bear your request in mind :) I do like this light texture better though. p/s YOU GOT IT! :D :D

jk August 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Oh yes I did :-)
Now just admiring the shades and waiting for auspicious day soon for “opening ceremony” and the first stroke of color. lol

August 28, 2012 at 2:17 pm

hahaha “auspicious day” I like that! ;) Enjoy the palette – good choice!

Lisa August 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm

yay! I’m so glad you are trying these out. I’m trying out a small sample of the Dark Spot Corrector too currently. But am skeptical whether to invest on it since it’s not exactly affordably priced. I’m also trying out the Over-night Biological Peel. Have you tried this before? The sales staff was highly recommending me this instead of the rare earth deep pore cleansing masque which i was almost going to purchase. Still new to Kiehl’s skincare. The only items i’m using and love are the overnight oil and the hand cream.

August 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

I haven’t tried the Overnight Biological Peel but I’m using the Line Reducing Concentrate in tandem (also containing activated vit c) and MRC and I’m not sure if its because they play well, but I swear my skin is looking much clearer recently. I was experiencing really dull skin (mom asked if I was sick! OMG) which is why I got back on the whitening bandwagon. I’m using such a complicated night routine now but it seems to be working well so fingers crossed I’ll stick with it for a while :D

Applegal August 23, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Yeah I’ve heard people recommending this, I might try this after I finish whatever other whitening stuff I have. Let us all know soon ^_^

August 27, 2012 at 10:51 am

I hope to in a month’s time! Preliminary results make me happy though :)

LSY August 24, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I am also using the exfoliator, good stuff, cleans well and my face seems brighter after a good scrub.

And I have been contemplating the Dark Spot Corrector for ages. Mainly, because I am so loving my current products. Currently using Clinique Even Better dark spot corrector and it is working really well (thank you sooooooo much for your review and recommendation) and I alternate it with Antipodes 3 Perfect potions (Apostles serum, Divine face oil and Hosanna serum), it smells really good, have you tried it?

So many products to try….on one face…. :)

Do let us know how it fares because I am so tempted….oh and did i mention I have the Kiehl’s MR oil too? :)

August 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

Yay! Happy to know the Clinique Even Better serum works for you too! :D I find the Kiehl’s one isn’t as effective off the bat in the sense that I don’t get results as quickly, but I love the texture. Its so light! Like water :P I am also using the Antipodes potions :D At the moment, I have a very complicated night routine that involves a billion products (Antipodes is already 3!) but which seems to be yielding a better than expected result so I’m happy (my wallet isn’t) :P

Callie August 24, 2012 at 10:52 pm

Kiehl’s IS expensive. I have an exfoliator from them. I can’t remember the name. It’s too coarse for my face. In the end, I got one from Clarins, only to find that the particles are too fine! Ha! It’s so tough finding the right foundation, the right mascara, the right mascara curler etc. Now, I’ve exfoliator to add on to the list. I’m very interested in this product. Do tell if it works well for you. I’m looking forward to your review on this. If it’s THAT good, I’ll go get some samples instead of investing… ^^
Callie recently blogged…Nice Smooth Porridge – Cantonese StyleMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:09 am

The up side is that Kiehl’s is very generous with their samples :) I used to love the Ultimate White exfoliator so I’m interested to see if this is a cosmetic change only or if they changed something in the product. Will update once I”ve used it for a while :)

Sze Ling August 25, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Oh ya…the clear bottle and serum really is intriguing. I can’t stop looking at it the last time I was at Kiehl’s. LOL. :P So mesmerizing. Haha.
Sze Ling recently blogged…Corn MuffinsMy Profile

August 27, 2012 at 11:28 am

I know right? I just love how CLEAR it is LOL! What a silly reason to buy something :P

sasha August 27, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Wow! This looks try-worthy :)
Do let us know the results soon!

August 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm

I will, once I’ve formed a view :)