Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe-Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

in Cleanser,Product Reviews,Treatment

diorsnow white reveal wipe off gel review

I have a little secret. I haven’t been using a face scrub for quite a while now. Or rather, I haven’t been using a physical exfoliator – you know those creamy scrubs with bits in them to clean your face? Yeah, can’t remember when was the last time I actually used one.

diorsnow wipe off gel Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

The reason partly, is because I was using a chemical exfoliator. It was called a skin brightener in a Japanese brand but essentially performs the function of removing dead skin cells without that whole scrubby feel. So when the Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe-Off Gel landed on my desk, I sat up a little. Now, this was interesting, coming from a Western brand too! From the comments on previous posts, I had a feeling that it was interesting to most of you too! icon biggrin Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

The Wipe-Off Gel is part of the Diorsnow skincare range which is the whitening/brightening range. The new formula contains Icelandic Glacial Water which as we have learnt earlier, is higher in alkaline content which is better for our skin which is more acidic.

diorsnow wipe off gel2 Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

The purpose of the gel is to act as an exfoliant to remove surface dead skin cells and reveal brighter more radiant skin and more refined pores. The product is somewhere in between water and gel and comes in a pump bottle.

You are to pump about 2-3 pumps onto a piece of cotton pad and then wipe it over your face after cleansing. It wipes off any residue from your cleanser, removes dead skin cells and helps refine skin texture. I like to make sure the cotton pad is saturated and I lightly rub in circular motions instead of just straight wiping.

diorsnow wipe off gel3 Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

There is a scent but nothing overly strong and its generally just very easy and quick to use. I am not quite sure how to explain what this is and its purpose, because I have been using the Japanese brand ones for a while and am used to that. I am used to using it daily after cleansing and before any other skincare. What it does is prep my skin for the absorption of the rest of my skincare and personally, having used these exfoliating lotion things for a while, I do believe that it helps me.

This White Reveal Wipe-Off Gel performs the same function except that I was told that I was only supposed to use this about twice a week. For the Japanese one, I used it everyday so being a bit curious (and a bit stubborn) I decided to try the Diorsnow one nightly. Bit of a mistake there.

After about 2 weeks, I realised that it was just too drying to use daily. My skin felt taut and dry. So I decided for once, to listen to instructions and now use it about 2-3 times a week and its fine. I don’t feel that its drying anymore.

What I find it does, is it makes my skin feel and look cleaner. Sometimes, you may notice on your cotton pad, that it is grey or brown which means there’s still some residue leftover after cleansing. It doesn’t happen often to me, but it sometimes does so this assures me everything is taken off.

diorsnow wipe off gel5 Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

I then follow up with a floral water mist, or a moisturizing toner, serum and moisturiser at night. I personally feel that my skin seems to absorb everything better. I suppose it would make sense because your skin is cleaned of debris. The product contains salicylic acid, which helps with the exfoliation.

I don’t know if this product helps keep spots at bay, but I believe that it helps me because my pores don’t get so clogged and so I don’t get breakouts very much. This partly explains why I get upset when I DO get breakouts. Its just something that doesn’t happen much anymore icon smile Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits If I do have spots or clogged pores, I rub at it a little and it seems to then respond better to the tea tree oil or gel or whatever that I might be putting on it thereafter.

This has been a bit rambly hasn’t it? I do like this very much, and I am using it on alternate days or at least 2 times a week and I personally believe that it helps me. But unlike many other products, its something that works really only with long term use. So if its something you think you might like to try, I think it is most definitely worth it. However, if you prefer not to use a chemical exfoliant (although I find this relatively mild) then perhaps this isn’t for you icon smile Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

In a nutshell

The Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe-Off Gel is a light liquid gel that acts as a chemical exfoliator to exfoliate surface dead skin cells and reveal brighter more radiant skin and more refined pores. I recommend using it only 2-3 times a week max, as daily use can be quite drying for the skin. If you have sensitive skin then once a week would be sufficient too. As for the results, I use a similar product from a different brand and I personally feel that it helps me. My skincare gets absorbed more easily and I have less breakouts and less incidences of flaky skin. I would however recommend that you follow up with a hydrating lotion and moisturiser just in case you feel this may be too drying for you. Also results would be more obvious over long term use. You can’t really see immediate effects with this one but you may be able to feel it with the absorption of skincare.

Pros: Makes my skin feel very clean after use, Helps my skincare absorb better and I have less breakouts and less flaky skin, Easy to use and will not scratch skin like a physical scrub

Cons: Can feel a bit drying for some so a hydrating lotion and moisturiser is ideal

Who will like this: Anyone who is familiar with the concept of chemical exfoliation without using a face scrub with bits in it, Anyone who wants their skin to look more refined and feel softer over time

Here is the ingredient list for those interested:-

diorsnow wipe off gel4 Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

I will reiterate that I do not think this is a product for everyone. If you have very sensitive skin, I will balk at suggesting that you try this. I am however using it and I like it but it is also because I am quite familiar with the concept after using similar products before this with results. Again, expect any results only after prolonged use, not overnight. You may notice I didn’t consider this product pricey. I actually don’t because 150ml used just once or twice a week means it will last you for ages!

Does the Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe-Off lotion interest you? Have you used anything similar that you would like to share your thoughts on? I do not use a physical scrub anymore because I feel its over exfoliation so this takes the place of a physical face scrub for me. I’m quite happy that way. The last scrub I used had bits that were too large and too harsh for skin and it sort of put me off it. So I’m happy with using this or similar products icon smile Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Gel : An exfoliator without all the scrubby bits

Diorsnow White Reveal Wipe Off Lotion Price: RM155/150ml Availability: Dior counters

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer

Sze Ling June 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

Oh Your Highness Queen Enabler… :P
This is so tempting!

I’m currently using Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. I *think* that it’s part chemical part physical exfoliant. It doesn’t feel as harsh as the St. Ives one, which irritate my skin. And it makes my skin really smooth and bright, without over drying it. Although it says “daily”, I only use it twice a week.
Sze Ling recently blogged…Four-Ingredient Peanut Butter Nutella CookiesMy Profile

June 17, 2012 at 11:58 pm

Haha I live to enable ;) I have heard a lot about the Dermalogica Microfoliant and how good it is. I started out scrubs using the St Ives one when I didn’t know any better. Surprisingly though, it was the medicated St. Ives scrub that helped clear up my skin first, before I went mad trying other stuff. I have a soft spot for that brand…. But recent trials have made me realize it’s just so rough. Maybe my skin just got softer? Lol

Sukie June 14, 2012 at 8:57 am

Sigh! We can’t get Dior Snow here so I guess I’ll have to get someone from home to get this for me! My skin’s fussy when it comes to physical scrubs and one of the best ‘gentle’ physical scrubs I’ve come across is Biotherm’s which I use twice a week but this sounds like a much better option. =)

June 18, 2012 at 12:00 am

I used to use a Biotherm cleanser that had scrubby bits in it and I thought it was quite nice. Have you tried to see if you can get this online? Strawberrynet might sell it and they ship worldwide ;)

June 14, 2012 at 9:01 am

Oh, I’ve been eyeing this! I used a similar one from Kanebo but I didn’t notice much difference. My skin reacts quite well to Dior, so I’ll definitely want to try this :-)
Lily recently blogged…A Healthy Glow All Year Round with Diorskin Nude Tan Aurora 001My Profile

June 18, 2012 at 12:01 am

I love the Kanebo one actually lol! I’d likely go back in due time cos I use it everyday or almost everyday and it seems to keep my skin in check. Hope you get to try this soon (and that it works for you)

reene June 14, 2012 at 9:29 am

Ooh interesting. I just started using Cure, which I’ve been loving. Been wanting to try more products in the Diorsnow line, but the prices are making me hesitate..

June 18, 2012 at 10:29 am

Gotta admit Dior products are on the pricey side. This one however isn’t as pricey all things considered, since you will only use it sparingly :) That said, its quite different from products like Cure. I wanted to try Cure too once but all that rubbing and bits of skin falling off really scared me :P

Jesz June 14, 2012 at 9:36 am

I think Clarins Brightening Peel have similar function (it’s a western brand too!). The instruction is to use 2-3 times a week as exfoliate. But, I have not been using it religiously =P, so can’t tell whether it is working well…maybe anyone tried this could comment…

June 18, 2012 at 10:30 am

Ah Clarins has one? I didn’t realize that :) It does sound like it performs the same function – try using it a bit more regularly. I’m sure it’ll deliver results too!

Stacey
June 14, 2012 at 11:08 am

this looks good for lazy people like me :P tempted to get it but I just bought philosophy’s microdelivery peel and i already have quite a few physical scrubs all waiting for it’s turn to be picked as my exfoliator of choice for that week.
Stacey recently blogged…Obolo Macaron Day!My Profile

June 18, 2012 at 10:41 am

I tried the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel many years ago and the first few times, I really liked it. I like the warm feeling when the activator goes on it. But then about halfway through, it just didn’t do anything anymore. Boo :( Pricey stuff too :(

MisSmall June 14, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I use Dior Gentle Cleansing Milk (even though it’s not aim for my skin type) sometimes and it’s quite pleasant. Honestly I just got suck in by the Velvet Peony extracts. Haha. With my current skin condition, anything that will unclog pores and keep breakouts at bay, I’m game. But I hesitated when you said it’s a product that works really only with long term use.

June 18, 2012 at 10:48 am

Hmm that’s one I haven’t used before :) But I’m less fussy about cleanser. Will use anything but glad it works for you. I will prefer that something like this works over a longer term than immediately. A bit worrying if it did work immediately you know ;)

MisSmall June 14, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I use the CD Gentle Cleansing Milk sometimes and it’s quite pleasant. Actually I just got sucked it by the Velvet Peony extracts. With my current skin condition, anything that unclog pores and keep breakouts at bay, I’m game. But I hesitated when you said it’s something that only works with long term use.

Fiona Loh June 14, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I’m using Clarins White Plus HP Gentle Renewing Brightening Peel. Come to think of it, this is not expensive at all! I need to finish up my 2 bottles before I can buy this :)
Fiona Loh recently blogged…Review: Crusing My Way to The Iconic Lipstick with Dior Addict Extreme #486 CruiseMy Profile

June 18, 2012 at 10:50 am

Ahh another reader mentioned the Clarins one too. I reckon it works in a similar manner based on what I’ve read. Is it good then? I think I might have missed that one :)

Jyoan June 14, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I like chemical exfoliators! haha, but yes, probably won’t try since there are many other brands that have more friendly ingredients.

Sigh, right now I am just trying to finish up a Dead Sea physical exfoliator… … =( Want to go back to using chemical ones.

June 18, 2012 at 11:15 am

Which chemical exfolitors do you use Jyoan?

Jyoan June 18, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I have been sticking to Ginvera Marvel Gel and NuTeen (which is from the same parent company if I am not wrong). It does irritates me a little bit. But overall, I like it enough to live with it. =)

Ginvera claims that their can be used everyday, but like you, I also found exfoliating with chemicals daily a bit too harsh. I only use it once or twice a week before I put my sheet mask for sleeping.

I haven’t tried many brands though… … haha, and honestly don’t know high-end brands have gel exfoliator! =PP But I guess they are mostly the same. I just look out for the ingredient “carbomer”, and make sure alcohol is not too obvious, or best alcohol-free. I am quite surprised this Dior doesn’t have carbomer… Wonder what they use to exfoliate. I think alcohol and polysaccharides… …

Hmmm, from the ingredients list, I think Dior’s is slightly different from the kind I use. Carbomer will make those blackish rubber lead stuff appear on your skin (as if you use eraser to erase your skin). Dior’s one wouldn’t give blackish rubber lead. haha, but function is the same at the end of the day.

June 18, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Ohh I know the “eraser bits” that you mean. Like the Cure or some Japanese skin peeling gels out there. Nope, this operates mainly I think with the acids and salicylic acid which is by itself an exfoliating ingredient so its a wipe off thing with no bits :)

Kay June 14, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Just bought the clarins Brightening peel and the moisturiser yesterday and your rave plays a big part in pushing me to swipe my card. I would prefer using chemical peels to physical scrubs when having bad outbreaks. And I’m pretty surprised the brightening peel didn’t not sting my face like all other products did.

June 18, 2012 at 11:19 am

Ooh the day velvet emulsion? I hope you like it :) I haven’t used the Brightening Peel before but I guess it performs the same exfoliating function. Hope it’ll work well for you!

Helz Nguyen
June 14, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Yes, YEs and YES! This sounds like something very much for me. Im total an addict when it comes to exfoliating the skin :D I am guilty of over doing it sometimes. But who doesnt like a smoother, glowy skin?! And I noticed you didnt mention the Japanese brands name, which Im more curious about than the Dior one. I use anything from Japan, after all those peeps are way more a head of us in most things!!
Helz Nguyen recently blogged…Stila All Over Shimmer Luminizer Bronze Shimmer and Set & Bronze Baked Powder Trio SwatchesMy Profile

June 18, 2012 at 11:20 am

LOL! I have to agree. No one want’s dull skin :) But over exfoliation can sometimes lead to enlarged pores, I was told so I’m a little careful with it :) The Japanese one is by Kanebo Impress :)

Becca June 14, 2012 at 3:53 pm

This one looks interesting–I REALLY want to try it now. Not only am I obsessed with exfoliating (though I make sure never to overdo it), but I really want to try something from the Dior skincare range. At the moment, I am using Epiduo (adapalene [a vitamin A derivative] and benzoyl peroxide gel for acne)–so I only using a physical or chemical exfoliator on top of that about 1-2 times a week. I like to switch between Amore Pacific Enzyme Peel, my Clarisonic, and a papaya enzyme peel mask. I really like the idea of this Diorsnow gel though–it would be nice to just swipe it on like a toner and then go about my routine. Must definitely check it out!
Becca recently blogged…The Sample: Hourglass Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo in Dune ReviewMy Profile

June 18, 2012 at 11:21 am

Hi Becca, yes, this one’s really easy to use – about as easy as it is to use toner :) I just realised I didn’t recognise a single item of what you mentioned you used! Well other than Clarisonic LOL! I tried a sample of a papaya enzyme mask from Elemis once before. It was nice! You just reminded me I should try it again :)

ysk
June 14, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Ive tons of daily exfoliant or scrub but I don’t use daily coz I think it’s unnecessary to do so.you’re not alone..
ysk recently blogged…New:Sony Mobile unveils Xperia miro and Xperia tipo–stylish, fun and easy to use smartphones.My Profile

June 18, 2012 at 11:25 am

Actually, the other essence/exfoliant I use is one I use daily. Its only this one that I don’t use daily because its too drying. I think generally if a product says it can be used daily, it usually can be :)

Sunny
June 14, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I’m really interested in this! At the moment I use Philisophy the Microdelivery Peel and love it. However, it is true that I can’t use it even once every week. I would have used it religiously when I was younger and living in Taiwan, but age and the climate I live in now no longer allow it. This sounds like a good way to exfoliate without all the abrasive grains. Wonder if I can find something like this here because Diorsnow is Asia-exclusive I believe.
Sunny recently blogged…For the First Time, I’ll Have to Leave: “What I Don’t Like So Much about this Mascara” Blank! Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill MascaraMy Profile

June 18, 2012 at 11:34 am

Actually I’m not sure if Diorsnow is Asia Exclusive but it might be. That said, a while ago, I was introduced to a similar sort of product in the Hydralife range. I maybe mistaken but its worth checking out to see if I’m right. The SA recommended that I use it the same way – post cleansing, pre skincare to “exfoliate” :)

Sunny
June 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Hmm I just checked the Dior website and didn’t really see anything along this line in the Hydra Life range. I’m pretty happy with Philosophy Microdelivery Peel though, and if I build up some acid tolerance the next thing I want to try is Alpha-H Liquid Gold! I’ve heard TOO much about it!
Sunny recently blogged…Urban Decay New Eyeshadows in Midnight Rodeo, Vanilla, Evidence, Blackout, Chase, & Rockstar Swatch & ReviewMy Profile

June 18, 2012 at 5:13 pm

I picked up a trial set of Alpha H Liquid Gold due to all the raves but I didn’t feel comfortable with it. It came in a trial set with other products that I felt were awful. The Liquid Gold itself is interesting but I didn’t think much of it. I think I prefer sticking to a gentle exfoliation cum hydration regiment which my skin seems to like :)

Mira
June 14, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Like you, I also didn’t bother abt the instruction and used it everyday instead of 3x per week. And I got breakouts! I don’t know why. Then I start using it 2 to 3 times per week, and yeah no breakouts LOL. >.<

June 18, 2012 at 11:36 am

I know right? We should just learn to follow instructions! :P

Jennifer June 16, 2012 at 12:51 am

This sounds like a very promising product lol, I like! I have been double cleansing with cleansing oil and use Neutrogena Daily Scrub on alternate days but it didn’t keep the blackheads at bay and yes, I’ve been playing truant on facial. I have not been going on a monthly basis (more like 1.5 months once, yikes!) and I sense a chill down my spine on my next visit because the extraction will be uber painful and my therapist will not be happy…I have not been using mask at all too, yes, very bad girl :(

It makes me wonder if facial is indeed necessary to be part of my skincare routine on a monthly basis because on my own, I am just quite hopeless to keep my oily skin clear unless I go for monthly facial session.

June 18, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I know what you mean about skipping facials. I love going for facials! If I could, I’d go for a facial twice a month (but that will kill my bank account) so I stick to a once a month treat. The extractions too are useful because my skin feels so clean and its sometimes actually easier to maintain after that, don’t you agree? I try to put on a mask during the weekend. If I’m feeling hardworking, on both Saturday and Sunday but if not, then just Sunday, to relax before the hectic week starts again :)

Alene June 16, 2012 at 11:53 pm

my goodness, it contains a bit of http://www.mywomenstuff.com! sorry for the bit of lameness. but alcohol as the second ingredient, sigh.

June 18, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Haha… yeah it does contain a bit of the interweb ;) You know, at least you know of ingredients that you can’t use instead of just bumbling through and then wondering why you’re killing your skin

Kay June 18, 2012 at 11:30 am

I think you have to check your daily skincare products and see if It’s causing your skin to be so oily. Long before I’m aware of the ingredients, I always buy products meant for Oily skin and it dries my skin too much that my skin had to overproduce oil to compensate the imbalance of sebum. Then I switched to products for normal skin and my skin became a lot better.

I’ve never been to facials except twice since i started using skincare products a decade ago. But I always do a physical scrub, clay mask, oil cleansing method and kose mask white to clear the impurities from my face every weekend or every fortnight. And I follow up with hydration mask for the next two days. My face is clear most of the time except before the time of the month

June 18, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Hmm… I don’t think I have mentioned anywhere that I have oily skin? I don’t actually, and I don’t use products for oily skin either :) But you’re right. Products targeted at oily skin tends to be drying so sometimes, it could make the problem worse.

Jas Min June 21, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I’m currently using a small tube of olive tebe (physical) exfoliator that has a light scent of olive (oil?) with the little scruby bits from olive pits. It’s meant to be used after cleansing and the strange part is you’re advised to gently rub it onto your face and leave it to dry somewhat (1-2mins) before washing it off. It leaves my face baby soft after that. At the rate and how little I’m using it I think it might be a long time before I get to Dior. Curious you mentioned enlarged pores are an effect of over exfoliating. What are the other effects we should look out for?

June 23, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Well, irritated skin will be another indicator of over exfoliation. Skin turning red, getting sensitive etc. Exfoliating once or twice a week should be fine though :)

trah July 5, 2012 at 5:01 pm

You must have posted this when I went on a trip.

Some Korean skin care brands have wipe-off exfoliators too but I was not aware that Dior has something similar too. I’m using gel exfoliator which requires gentle rubbing and rinsing, but this product makes it much more easier as you only need a cotton to apply.

Now I know how this product works, I’ll keep it in mind and will try it when I visit Dior counter. Thanks for the review Paris :)

July 8, 2012 at 9:49 am

Yes, this is something more commonly found in Asian skincare. I think Dior is taking a leaf from their books :)