Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself!

in Food & Lifestyle,Home

Yay PB cooks! icon biggrin Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself!

Here’s something I enjoyed eating from last week. I haven’t cooked in a while but some days I just don’t feel like anything heavy and that’s when I pull out this tried and true recipe for Grilled Chicken Stuffed Pita Pockets.

chicken pita2 Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself!

Doesn’t it look cafe or restaurant worthy? Tastes just as good as it looks if I don’t say so myself icon biggrin Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself!

It tastes best warm and if you crisp the pita a bit, it tastes so much better. I sometimes mix the salad leaves with some yuzu dressing for a fresh tangy flavor, or mix the leaves with some Japanese sesame dressing for a creamier flavor, depending on how I feel as I cook.

chicken pita Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself!

Also nice for packed lunches, in which case, don’t dress the salad leaves or the pita pocket will get soggy.

You can get the recipe for my version of grilled chicken pita pockets here.

Do you have other ideas for stuffed pita pockets? Or do you enjoy eating pita breads or flatbreads too? I love eating wraps and pita pockets because they are so easy to put together and are always light, healthy meals if you make them right. Plus it’s easy to make a cafe/restaurant worthy dish right in the comfort of your home icon smile Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself! You can also cut the breads up, crisp them and have them with dips. Mmm… I’m making myself hungry! icon eek Scrumptious Saturday Vol. 4 : Stuffing yourself!

Scrumptious Saturday : One day in a week where I dish out random scrumptiousness from my other love – food!

Tracy March 17, 2012 at 8:43 am

YUMMMM!! This looks so simple yet tasty! I’ve been loving really simple food lately myself. I really love falafels in my pitas!

March 18, 2012 at 1:28 am

Would you believe I’ve never had a Falafel? Such a sacrilege, I know! :P I think simple, fresh, good tasting food is the best to have.

Applegal March 17, 2012 at 10:50 am

Ooo! I’ve done something similar, but what I did was I marinated the chicken (now I can’t remember what sauce it was, but it was good!) overnight, stir fried it the next day, and stuffed them into the pita bread with chopped up tomatoes and cucumber. I curi this idea from Nando’s ^_^ But I didn’t think about crisping the bread! How did you do it? Oven?

March 18, 2012 at 1:30 am

Oh yum! Your version sounds absolutely delicious too! I heat and crisp my pitss by placing them in a hot pan without oil. Heat up the pan and place the pita in, let it heat through then flip over. An oven works too but the pan is faster ;)

rinnah
March 17, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Hungry now! :D When can I come over for some? :P
rinnah recently blogged…A-England Nail Polish in TristamMy Profile

March 18, 2012 at 1:30 am

Mmm… Next time we meet up for a pot luck, we can have DIY pita pocket sessions instead? ;)

Petrina March 17, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Looks yum! We have wraps all the time – easiest option. Some fave fillings, spicy tuna, cucumber n grated cheese and poached chicken with avocado & mango :)

March 18, 2012 at 1:31 am

Mmm I love the sound of your wrap fillings! I love how healthy and simple wraps are and they are deceptively filling too!

Jyoan March 17, 2012 at 3:47 pm

It reminds me of Nando’s!

Yes, I really love buying Pita breads, and I would just heat up those Ramly burgers, and stuff it wit Baby Spinach, Cherry Tomatoes, and Cheese.

Absolutely scrumptious yet cafe-worthy meal at home.

March 18, 2012 at 1:32 am

Wow a burger in a pita pocket! I’m going to try that the next time. I have a couple more pitas left ;)

makeupmag
March 17, 2012 at 4:26 pm

YUM YUM! :)~ I always fall back on an old fave when it comes to sandwiches – tuna mayo. :)
makeupmag recently blogged…Review | Estée Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelée in Topaz ChameleonMy Profile

March 18, 2012 at 1:33 am

Oh yum! I happen to love tuna mayo too! I do prefer those that aren’t floating in mayo and I prefer using a lighter mayonnaise but it’s really a nice old fave for sandwich filling :D

makeupmag
March 19, 2012 at 12:15 am

It must be the right mayo, though. I recently bought Best Foods mayo but although it’s slightly pricier than Kraft mayo, it isn’t as yummy. :P
makeupmag recently blogged…First Impressions Review | Mekhala Regenerative Black Rice Shampoo and ConditionerMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 6:01 pm

ooh i know what you mean! I usually go for Japanese mayo – the one with a Kewpie baby on it – I prefer the lighter flavour to the heavier American versions :D

Alyssa
March 17, 2012 at 11:13 pm

oh wow. wish i can cook in my hostel’s campus too :( having oatmeal for dinner and your grilled chicken pita is not helping. hahahaha but it sure looks good! would love to try when i get my ass home during the hols :D

March 18, 2012 at 1:36 am

Oh I remember when I couldnt cook in uni. It was torture! You could make something similar without cooking, by using canned tuna. But if you don’t have a fridge to store stuff in, it would be hard too :(

Hany March 18, 2012 at 12:22 am

Oh my god, this looks so delicious! I definitely have to give this a try!

March 18, 2012 at 1:37 am

It tastes delicious too! Plus it’s healthy ;) hope you’ll enjoy it

Larie March 18, 2012 at 12:29 am

Oooh, that looks really yummy, Paris!

March 18, 2012 at 1:38 am

Slurp! It is hehe and I think I should have this for dinner again tomorrow ;)

Sunny
March 18, 2012 at 8:42 am

Oooo I’m so going to try this! It looks like a nice and light meal, just what I’ll need when summer comes :)
Sunny recently blogged…FOTD: Happy Saint Patrick’s Day featuring Urban Decay 24/7 in Stash, Mildew, NARS Paramaribo, MAC Humid, & Wet n’ Wild Comfort ZoneMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I think its great for summer – perfect for a picnic lunch :D

lyn
March 18, 2012 at 10:20 am

It looks so yum! I’m not a huge fan of pita bread but the chicken stuffing looks interesting :-)
lyn recently blogged…Lunasol Powder Brush N ~ A Delicate Little TreatMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I chopped up the chicken, and mixed it into a green salad with Japanese sesame dressing. YUMS! :D

plue
March 20, 2012 at 5:52 pm

wah looks so delish! when are you cooking again? i wanna go tumpang makan! :P
plue recently blogged…Little IndulgenceMy Profile

March 22, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Haha I just made it again last weekend. It’s really easy, trust me! Done in under 20 minutes

plue
March 20, 2012 at 5:53 pm

wah looks so delish! when are you cooking again? i wanna go tumpang makan! *shameless*