Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear L’Oreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

in Cheap and Good?,Eyeshadow,FOTD,Makeup,Product Reviews

Early this week when I told you about the L’Oreal Infallible Colour Eyeshadows (still no news about availability in Malaysia) a reader Jen mentioned in the comments about wanting to see how I would use Forever Pink. Well, I wanted to know too! So, after a bit of hmm-ing and haw-ing, I decided that it was a bit dangerous to use Forever Pink on its own for fear of the dreaded pink-eye syndrome. But I’d learnt a trick or two after the Dior Rose Porcelaine episode!

loreal infallible pink blue3 Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

Instead, I decided a darker shade will help distract from the pink, and will also add dimension and depth. I was going to go with a black shadow (and I’m sure it would be stunning pairing pink with black) but I opted instead to try Forever Pink with a deep navy blue in All Night Blue icon smile Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

For swatches of both the shades used, you will have to go to the earlier L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadow review post. You will see there that the pink is a light shimmery pink that looks quite scary in the tub, but which in fact, isn’t very scary on the skin.

loreal infallible pink blue4 Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

If you choose to pair the pink with a deeper shade, you will quite easily avoid the pink-eye-oh-my-I’ve-been-crying-buckets look. The product has high shimmer with a slightly metallic edge which is less prevalent in the pink and less so in the blue featured here.

loreal infallible pink blue5 Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

So this is how I wore it. Deep navy blue along the sides and to line, and the pink blended over. For some reason, Forever Pink on my lids pulls some golden tones, and sort of disappears into my skin colour. It isn’t quite pink at all, which can be disappointing, or a relief, depending on how you feel about pink eyeshadow icon smile Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

loreal infallible pink blue7 Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

Where the pink meets the blue, you get an interesting purple tint so its really quite pretty and adds a nice dimension to the shadow. In real life, the blue I used to line the top lid is more prevalent and is very pretty when it flashes but I can’t capture it on camera. Just take my word for it will ya? icon wink Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

loreal infallible pink blue2 Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

And this is pretty much how it looked once I pull back from that close up. The eyes are defined so cheeks are kept softly pink with Benefit Hervana blush and Guerlain Rouge G Grace which is a pale blush pink on lips.

I’m quite pleased with this actually. I think its wearable to work, but my perception of what’s wearable to work is a little skewed since I can pretty much wear any sort of look to work if I like icon smile Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink But you have to agree that there is no dreaded pink eye, and its a nice defined look over all right? icon wink Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

Dare you wear pink eyeshadow on the eyes yet? What other colour combinations would you pair with pink shadow? I’ve always been terrified of pink shadow and I still am, but am slowly also working around my fear and finding ways to make it work, because I love a challenge! icon biggrin Pink Eyeshadow Challenge: How to wear LOreal Infallible Color Eyeshadow in Forever Pink

L’Oreal Infallible Colour Eyeshadows were previously reviewed in detail here. Regionally available in Singapore (limited selection) and Hong Kong. Unavailable in Malaysia until further notice

LeGeeque March 14, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Hey, I like this look! Try pink with grey or pink with brown! The latter gives a very dark gold/burnt gold colour that I adore.
LeGeeque recently blogged…Labor Day Long Weekend HaulMy Profile

Lisa March 14, 2012 at 11:55 pm

This is the way i wear my pinks too. Grey or brown.

March 16, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Thanks! I will try it with a brown shadow soon. I might need to find a cooler toned brown though to balance off the warmth of the pink

rinnah
March 14, 2012 at 4:12 pm

If I come back from HK next week with a whole haul of Infallibles… well, I’ll know who to blame! :P
rinnah recently blogged…Davines Melu Mellow Anti-Breakage Lustrous Shampoo and ConditionerMy Profile

March 16, 2012 at 11:22 pm

You will need to get at least one. They are fab! Oh and I’d happily take the blame ;)

Phoenix March 14, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Nice!!! Great job there Paris! I’ve always loved your EOTDs & this one is my absolute FAVE from you now…the colour on your eyes in the 2nd photo looks so intriguing, an ingenious combo i’ll say…& btw, you look really young & pretty in the last photo…keep up the good work Paris, love your honest reviews & looks! =D

March 16, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Thank you Phoenix :D I never thought my EOTD looks were noteworthy compared to all the beautifully talented girls out there so it’s gratifying to know you enjoyed it :)

jen March 14, 2012 at 4:27 pm

whoa! *speechless* *died for a second*
OMG! i’m so honored that you granted my request..*squeals*
i adore the look! i love how it turned out on you..
i’m really surprised that i giggled a lot while i’m reading this post and you mentioned my name.. haha!
super love it!! thank you very much! *overwhelmed* :D

March 16, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Haha you’re so cute Jen :D Thanks for pushing me to try this colour. It turned out surprisingly well so that’s 2 of us who are happy :D

Margy March 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Oh my, you look so lovely!

March 16, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Isabel March 14, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I actually love pink eyeshadow and i’ve found that they can soften a smokey eye very well – at least on my colouring. I’m really lusting over the Infallibles (as I shall call them)! I wonder if there is a possibility of picking up a couple at Changi as I’ll be passing through pretty soon.

March 16, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you find the Infallibles at Changi. I found it at T1 if it helps. I still am very wary about pink shadow but you’re right about it giving a twist to a smokey eye. We just have to be careful with the shade of pink :)

beetrice
March 14, 2012 at 6:17 pm

dammit because of this I just asked Rinnah to help me get some shadows! *eeps* the combination of those two shadows creates a LOVELY purple though – you know lah me and my weakness! :P
beetrice recently blogged…Try the new Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective range and stand a chance to win!My Profile

March 16, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Hahaha! You will not regret it, I promise! :D

Juan
March 14, 2012 at 9:30 pm

sangat cantik ler….
Juan recently blogged…Annabel Karmel’s What To Feed When – another gem for mommies!My Profile

March 16, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Terima kasih, babe :)

Aisyah March 14, 2012 at 10:29 pm

looks really pretty! :DDD I wish I can wear eyeshadow by simply layering them like this. My folds are too deep, the eyeshadow that I painstakingly blend there just disappear when I open my eyes. :(

March 16, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Thank you Aisyah :) so many people want to have that lovely deep fold that I never thought it might not look as nice with shadow on. I think you might have to find a different way of getting the shadows to show up. Maybe layer them from lash line upwards as opposed to from outside in? If I made any sense :P

Hasegawa Ayane March 14, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I found out through experimenting last October (for a breast cancer awareness event) that pinks goes really well with dark browns too! :D

March 16, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Yay for wearing pink for October and brown is a colour I’ll try soon! Thanks

Hanny
March 14, 2012 at 11:13 pm

I actually like pink eyeshadow ^.^ Like Hasegawa Ayane, I like to use pink with brown! Really sweet and natural.
Hanny recently blogged…Hmmm… This Looks Familiar But Not Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black and SilverMy Profile

March 16, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Nice! I’ll have to give the sweet natural look a go ;)

Ana N. March 15, 2012 at 8:13 am

that looks really nice & fresh on u, paris. i’ve only started wearing pink eyeshadow to work in the past year, instead of boring skin colour brown. i think pink, if u dont overdo it, & apply just enuf, it will actually look amazing, refreshing on ur eyes. i think people will notice u as the girl who actually looks after her look & do, without being ott, very suitable for work.
love this look u’ve done here, paris :)

March 16, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Thank you Ana :D I guess I’m just not a sweet sort of character to wear pink shadow, and maybe too it’s to do with dark circles I sometimes have. I do find that pink shadows tend to make tired eyes look even more tired. A sweet light shimmery pink will definitely look refreshing as you’ve said, and is much better than brown. I always wonder why people think brown is work friendly when I think it makes many look tired :P

dani March 15, 2012 at 11:01 am

Such a pretty look!

Do you use a brush to apply the Infallible eyeshadows? I was tempted to buy some today, but I wasn’t sure how well they would apple with a brush. =/
dani recently blogged…All About Eyes – MermaidMy Profile

March 17, 2012 at 12:10 am

Thank you Dani :) I use my fingers with the Infallibles because I find that they apply better and are easier to blend for me. You’re lucky to be able to check them out in person in store!

Kel March 15, 2012 at 11:48 am

Paris, you should try the ‘really pink’ eyeshadow. I used to be super scared of the pink eye syndrome until i saw someone who just went totally overboard with it- just use it at the outer end of the eye & line the lower lid (end only)..the colour sort of ‘pops’ out…then again, i guess it depends on a few factors, skin-tone gotta be fair and shade of the pink used – i use the non-metallic, shimmer pink..i use the pink on my sleek make up pallate :) hehehe…i somehow feel u would look good in it…

March 17, 2012 at 12:15 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Kel :) I had a bright shocking pink shadow from a Clarins palette once. I think it works beautifully with black for a eye catching look. I don’t play well with pink because I think there’re a around my eyes can sometimes look red so wearing pink makes me look tired, but as you have said, a touch of it as liner or in a corner might just work! Will give it a go ;)

espenine March 15, 2012 at 2:37 pm

You have a I-am-forced-into-corner picture today. Silly jokes aside, you made it with pink shadow. Congrats girl! :)

March 18, 2012 at 12:16 am

Haha that obvious? ;) thanks for the encouragement!

gio March 15, 2012 at 3:16 pm

This is one of my fave looks from you, it’s so pretty! What a nice way to pink eyeshadow!
gio recently blogged…Book Review: The Perfume Lover by Denyse BeaulieuMy Profile

March 18, 2012 at 12:17 am

Thank you so much Gio! I know you like colourful eye looks so you probably work with pinks quite often!

Ling
March 15, 2012 at 6:01 pm

No pink eyes here! LOL

You enabled Tine to buy these shadows and now they are tempting me too!! Noooo!!!! LOL
Ling recently blogged…L’Oreal Paris Nude Magique BB Cream – Review & SwatchMy Profile

March 18, 2012 at 12:24 am

Yes!!! Well you have the luxury of trying these in store so you don’t have to buy them, just test them in store? ;)

passionflower March 15, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Forever Pink looks more peachy with lots of gold shimmer on me without base. Perfect for spring and summer. I love to wear it bare on my lid and over a white base at the outer corner which turns the eye shadow more pink. Very lovely. Also try it with turquoise and green colors!

March 18, 2012 at 12:36 am

Thanks for the colour suggestions. It does apply more peachy pink gold on my skin too. Doesn’t look as intense as it does in the pan for which I’m quite pleased!

BunBunMakeupTips
March 16, 2012 at 2:52 am

Pink eyeshadows are fun to work with coz they’re a good challenge haha! Pink goes well with green, orange, blue, purple, browns.. actually most colors as long as you know how to balance the look. A good eyeliner will do the trick too! :D
BunBunMakeupTips recently blogged…Eyeshadow Tutorial for Asian Eyes Part 5 – Horizontal Gradient MethodMy Profile

March 18, 2012 at 12:38 am

Thanks for the suggestions! I’ll look to pairing it with brighter colours and see how it fares, although those would probably be less work friendly ;)

BunBunMakeupTips
March 16, 2012 at 2:55 am

(the prev comment didn’t get through!)

Crystal March 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm

I like pink shadows! but the look u created here is awesome! love that combination of pink and blue.. i’m gonna try that out!

March 18, 2012 at 1:12 am

Thanks Crystal! Do give it a go and let us know how it turned out for you. I think it’s a pretty combo of colours :)

Sab March 16, 2012 at 8:55 pm

Hi Paris B! :) I’m kinda new to your site but I really loveee it! <3 I'm not sure if you had told this in a post before but have you used any sites that is for shipping to Malaysia from an US online shop that doesn't ship to Malaysia? For example http://www.vshub.com well that's actually like the only one I know, huhu. So if you had used any sites like that can you please please recommend me which one is the best, safe and cheapest? I'm only 15 so I can't afford to randomly use any one cuz I'm trying to find the cheapest but safe, huhu. Thank you so much! <3 :D

March 18, 2012 at 1:21 am

Hi Sab, I don’t use shipping forwarders, so I’m afraid I’m not much help. I rely on the kindness of friends or just look for stores that ship internationally. I find shipping forwarders too pricey in general unless one purchases a lot often, or have friends to share the cost. Thanks and good luck finding one.

Alene March 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm

wo wow wooo! one of my absolute favourite looks!!!! i’m gonna go get it tomorrow!!! thanks for the inspiration Paris, super less than 3 you!

March 18, 2012 at 1:22 am

Lol! You’re so cute :P are you in a place where you can actually get hold of these? Lucky you!

Alene March 18, 2012 at 1:35 am

my friend works in singapore and comes back every weekend! must get!

Sunny
March 18, 2012 at 8:51 am

OOOO I LOVE THIS COMBO! The purple baby these two have is gorgeous!

Pink is not my favorite color, but I’m not too scared of using it. The trick is to wear your eyeliner a little thicker so that you can avoid the pink eye syndrome by separating the pink from your eyes. Since I normally do wear thicker eyeliner, I haven’t had any problems wearing pink! You should give this a try Paris :)
Sunny recently blogged…FOTD: Happy Saint Patrick’s Day featuring Urban Decay 24/7 in Stash, Mildew, NARS Paramaribo, MAC Humid, & Wet n’ Wild Comfort ZoneMy Profile

March 19, 2012 at 5:56 pm

LOL at “purple baby” hehe… Its a very pretty combination mostly because the pink is a very safe, subtle pink. I’ll give your thick eyeliner trick a go and see how it fares :)