in Blush,Makeup,Product Reviews

Being a bit of a blush fiend, one of the first items I always look out for in a new collection is the blush. If the blush catches my eye, I will pay a little more attention to the collection. If it doesn’t, I tend to overlook it. Which is why I felt that Dior’s Spring 2012 blush jarred a little with the rest of the collection.

The Dior Spring 2012 collection is called Garden Party and the star product as well as the eye shadow palettes bear imprints of flowers. I rather expected that the blush would be the same.

dior spring 2012 The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

However, it is embossed instead with the Dior logo. That reminds me of Dior monogram canvas bags. I thought it a little unusual because Dior is usually quite meticulous in their themes. The Lace Dentelle collection had a consistent theme of lace throughout.

But that is otherwise, the only fly in the very beautiful ointment because I urge you to head down the Dior counter and get your hands on the Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush before its all gone. I’m told its already flying off the shelves as we speak!

The colour is 001 Petal/Petale, but it is just 1 shade. In the pan and swatched on hand, it looks a light matte cool pink. However, I will urge you to give it a try on your cheeks because this Dior Rosy Glow blush is supposed to adapt itself to your skintone, to give you a perfect healthy glow every time.

I must also confess to a little bit of disappointment when I opened the cover of the blush, because as you can see, the product is only one half of the case. It is packaged like the powder foundation as opposed to the regular Diorblushes. It is even different from the Lace Dentelle blush that was HUGE!

dior rosy glow The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

The colour in the pan is a bit of a shocker. You get a flat matte looking vibrant pink. It is one of those colours you’d look at and think “How on earth do I wear this?!” But there isn’t much to worry about because it actually applies on the skin a lot lighter than you might expect. Good and bad, I guess, depending on your preferences.

dior rosy glow2 The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

The texture of the blush is soft and very smooth. I suggest that you only dab on the surface once with your blush brush because you may end up picking up too much. I use a natural hair brush and 1 dab or a gentle swipe is more than sufficient. If you use a synthetic bristle brush, you may find it does not pick as up as much colour with just 1 swipe. You could just as easily  use the brush included. It is fairly good in a pinch, but may pick up more colour than you intend so use a light hand.

dior rosy glow3 The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

As you can see, on the brush, it isn’t as scary pink as it looks in the pan. It is in fact, a very gentle sort of colour on the skin as as promised, it will adapt itself to your skintone. On my skin, I find it takes on a slightly rosy tone, which is very nice and as promised, looks very healthy.

I used this in my review of the Garden Roses eyeshadow palette so I’ll just repeat the photo here.

dior garden roses eyeshadow6 The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

Its a very sweet colour and because you don’t need very much, it looks very natural. Oh and remember I mentioned that it was matte? On the skin, it takes on a glow which is rather unique. There is no shimmer at all, but it gives a glow without looking chalky. Its very pretty and I personally would say that this is the surprise hit for me from the Dior Spring Garden Party collection. I could quite easily overlook the other products in the collection, but the Rosy Glow blush gets a thumbs up! icon biggrin The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

In a nutshell

A matte bright pink blush in the pan that applies on the skin lighter than it looks. The colour is supposed to adjust itself to your skintone to give a healthy glow and this is exactly what it does. I find that very little is enough for a more natural colour as it may deepen slightly throughout the day. I use just 1 swipe and that is enough. I wish it wasn’t limited edition because this is a worthy addition to the permanent Dior blush range!

Pros: Fine sheer powder, Pretty colour that adapts itself slightly to your skin to give you a perfect healthy glow, The brush included is serviceable but one needs a light hand with it.

Cons: Limited Edition

I have here a comparison of the Rosy Glow Petal blush with a few others I own. I thought it might be similar to Nars Angelika or Desire but I don’t have those 2 colours anymore so it may or may not be similar. I also realized that this is the only straight pink blush I have in my collection. Every other blush I own either has peachy or rosy tones!

dior rosy glow4 The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

(1) Canmake Cheek & Cheek Rose Tiara (2) Chanel Joues Contraste Pink Explosion (3) Dior Rosy Glow Petal (4) Chanel Joues Contraste Caprice (5) Chanel Joues Contraste Narcisse (6) Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush Pink Coral

You will also note that it looks much more pink on my hand than it does on my cheeks which is much better than expected icon smile The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin I wonder if this might be the start of a new (permanent) blush range in Dior. Rosy Glow is but a description, not the name of the blush itself, which is 001 – Petal/Petale. If so, I think it would be awesome to see what other shades they may come out with! icon biggrin The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

Does the Dior Rosy Glow blush catch your eye? Do you like pink blushes? Its sometimes hard to wear a straight pink blush, I’ve realised. It might be why I don’t own any… well… until now! icon biggrin The Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening Blush is as soft as a pink rose Petal on the skin

Dior Rosy Glow 001 Petale blush Price: RM150 Availability: Dior counters Limited Edition: Yes

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please see my disclaimer.

LeGeeque January 9, 2012 at 8:36 am

This is one of the products I’ve shortlisted to need (want!) to buy. :) I’m glad it got such raving reviews from you. Someone once asked me to pick ONE brand to stick with for the rest of my life for makeup. I blurted out Dior in a flash because they have always been consistent in their quality. Their eyeshadows are topnotch, like most of their lip colours. And this blush looks amazing! Frankly, I’m glad they did the Dior canvas embossment. Gotten a little tired of the cannage. It’s a fresh twist.

PS-Mila Kunis is another new face to Miss Dior!

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:21 am

I think you will love this one! I did think Dior should have stuck to their flower theme, but the revival of the monogram is also quite fresh because everyone’s shying away from monograms now. I am for now most partial to Dior and Guerlain. Not really looking at any others in any great detail ;)

Larie January 9, 2012 at 8:40 am

I do like how pink it is, but I wonder how it would transform on my cheeks? Ahhh!

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:21 am

Time to try it Larie… before your no buy? ;)

Cynthia January 9, 2012 at 9:20 am

OMG @_@ This is sooo pretty~~~ But RM150..hmm…..I gonna think if I really need it.

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

Yup! Its very pretty on the skin and that’s mainly why I like it. The regular Diorblush is RM120 I believe :)

Ching January 9, 2012 at 9:20 am

Gorgeous pic, PB! All the colours look great on you.

As for the blush, I would have definitely given it a miss (shocking pan colour = Dior, have you gone nuts??) if not for this review. :)

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:22 am

Thank you Ching :) When I first saw the blush my first thought was “NUTS!” But it is surprisingly light and sheer on the skin and really, so pretty! Do check it out :)

xin January 9, 2012 at 9:35 am

looks really pretty from the pan! <3 totally loving the shade of the pink

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:23 am

Its bright yet not too bright :) A very pretty pink shade – I haven’t seen many brands with this colour locally. The only one I thought of was Nars.

Applegal January 9, 2012 at 10:06 am

The blush looks really good! Though I am puzzled as to why they used the Dior monogram instead of the roses. Roses would have been prettier IMHO ^_^

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:24 am

I did think so too 0 imagine pretty flowers all over it! :) But the use of the monogram makes me think that maybe, just maybe, this range will be made permanent at some point because I think it should be!

peach_ January 9, 2012 at 10:19 am

I love that photo of you. The color palette in this collection works so well with your complexion!

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 10:26 am

Thank you Peach! :D Maybe I should change my About Me photo :D Have you checked out the blush at your local counter yet? does it work for you? :)

plue January 9, 2012 at 10:27 am

the good stuff are always expensive and when i am really low on cash! bugger! >.<

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Sadly its quite true that good stuff tend to be pricey :) Good luck with this!

Sukie January 9, 2012 at 11:03 am

Oh dear… As much as I want this blush, I haven’t got the freedom to run out and purchase this now that I’m home! =( Really pretty, natural-looking blush that looks perfect on you, Paris! =)

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Oh dear! Not having wheels (or legs) suck :( I hope you manage to get your hands on it one way or another! I think it’ll be pretty on you too since we have similar colouring ;)

Lily January 9, 2012 at 11:19 am

This is definitely a gem in the collection. I was surprised how well it looked on the cheeks. It will probably fly off the shelf too =)

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Yes indeedy! I would have made this one the star product :D

lyn January 9, 2012 at 1:05 pm

I think it looks lovely on you! Very pretty pink :-) I can’t wait to dig into mine but have to take photographs first ;-)

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Thanks Lyn! Am now waiting to see how it looks on you ;)

espenine January 9, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Thanks for the review, Ms Blush Expert :P May I know if this is going to emphasize pores around the cheeks? I am looking for matte blush because I reckon I have enough facial oil to make myself glow with a bit of blush, no need for glitter bomb blushes.

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Nope! This one applies so smoothly, it is like a gentle glow on the skin. Not powdery at all, like some blushes can be and there is no shimmer in it at all! :D I hope this will work for you if you decide to get it ;)

Jan S January 9, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I love how it looks on you :) so pretty!

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

Thank you Jan and replying your comment on FB, skin tone isn’t an issue! Just layer it on for more colour although I do think even darker skin tones could just use this with a light hand for a pretty flush from within.

Monstro January 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm

That is very VERY pretty! You evil evil evil Paris!

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm

*dons devil horns* Its SUPER pretty! :D Its only January and already I can see this one being the blush of the year for me :D

milktea January 9, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Hi Paris. How many grams of product is there in this blush?

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:17 pm

7.5g based on the box. But there’s way more than enough to last a lifetime :)

milktea January 9, 2012 at 2:21 pm

That’s the same amount of product in their regular blushes but I must admit it looks like less in the new compact. Oh, Dior! :)

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Yeah they opted to arrange it on the side vs on the top :D

milktea January 9, 2012 at 2:23 pm

ahh… one more thing. Not related, but how is your Burberry lippy doing? The one with the strange smell. Is it usable?

Paris B January 9, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I don’t know. I’ve sent it back to the distributors and haven’t heard from them yet. I wasn’t about to use it coz I couldn’t stand the smell :(

gio January 9, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Thanks for the review. I’m intrigued now and I’ll have to check it out soon. It looks so pretty on you. :)

Paris B January 11, 2012 at 9:36 am

It’ll look pretty on you too Gio – I hope you get to check it out soon :)

Jamilla January 9, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Really beautiful! The cool pink suits you!

Paris B January 11, 2012 at 9:36 am

Thank you Jamilla, it does! But it also turned out a little warmer than I expected.

Jyoan January 10, 2012 at 9:44 am

Your blush shades are so different from mine! haha, my are all on the warm/coral side.

Petrina January 10, 2012 at 3:53 pm

this blush looks so pretty on you. I would have never guessed that the colour on your cheeks and on the pan were one and the same. I had originally passed up on this when but after seeing it on you, I might just ask mum to pick one up for me!

Paris B January 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

I hope you manage to pick one up! I will have to say, its very surprising on the skin vs the pan :)

Leila January 11, 2012 at 6:53 am

This blusher looks lovely on you! Such a pretty pink glow. I can’t believe how pink it is though, Pink Explosion looks positively peach next to it!

Oh I just realized! Dior did something similar to this with the Dior Addict Lip Glow. It has the same concept, although I’ve never heard of a powder product that changes depending on the person wearing it.

I agree completely that this blusher included with the rest of the collection is really jarring. I had really hoped for more pretty highlighters and highlighters with flower embossing, like in the Dentelle collection. It would have made a more solid collection.

I think this one looks good, but the aesthetic just doesn’t fit. There was a limited edition eye shadow duo with the Dior embossing , that would have looked great released in a collection with this blusher.

They should have released this in a collection repromoting the Lip Glow to make the most of the colour-changing conept, don’t you think? Now I think about it, the packaging would like right at home next to Lip Glow!

The collection is out on Monday, I’ve been counting down…

Paris B January 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

I was very surprised when I swatched Pink Explosion next to this, because Pink Explosion looks so pink in the pan! I do wonder too why Dior put this blush in this collection of flowers. The only thing I can come up with is that its a new range but I don’t know enough to say if it will be a new range of blushes. Still, taken on its own, its a pretty little thing. Put together with the rest of the Garden Party collection, it doesn’t quite sit as well. But its a nice one to own anyway :)

Malice January 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm

This reminds me of a illamasqa blush “chased” i tried on yesterday. Pretty colour but pattern is eh

katyaa April 6, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I bought this blush,too (it was the last one at that department store which is really stunning). The first time I’ve tried it was by a dior make up artist that made the whole new look to me (new blue shades). It really transformed to a pink with a little bit of red (!) at that time because she used powder,bronzer and highlighter that I don’t normally use. After I bought it, when I use it with my nude make up (010) it is really bare pinkish fuchsia. The thing that is not really mentioned in many blogs is that the blush isn’t like the others, you can’t see where it begins or where it ends, like if it was meant to be on your skin ( like when you go sunburnt :P ). An excellent brush,even better than vintage pink which I previously used…