2011 crept up on me quite sneakily but the last few days of the year seems to be have just rushed by – where has the time gone? I have however, managed to squeeze in some milestones this year, made some new friends, joined a band of bandits, tweeted up a storm and had my share of ups and downs 😀
Its been quite an epic year for me on the blog front, culminating in the MWS Readers’ Choice Awards and the Awards Party that just quite frankly, blew me away I shared some of my “Best of 2011” picks yesterday but today its about YOU! 😀
None of this would have been possible without every single one of you who have dropped by whenever you could to say hi, leave a comment, offer a suggestion or just chat. This one’s for all of you.
And like in 2010, by way of a thank you for all your contributions to the MWS community, here is a round up of your favourite posts (based on comment count) 😀
Did you miss any? Let’s find out
MWS Readers’ Favourite Posts of 2011
- January: Close call between the discussions over whether you need cleansing oil if you do not wear makeup, and whether you would disclose your private information to someone purporting to be calling from a bank. Very good reads both.
- February: I shared my morning spent with Kate Moss and the new Dior Addict lipsticks (they won your favourite lipsticks in the MWS Readers’ Choice Awards!). I also shared a tip on how to apply liquid foundation and BB Cream which some of you reported to be very effective.
- March: We took a look at whether you thought blogs or bloggers were credible (opinions were mixed but I’m relieved that most of you felt we were mostly credible people ) and we also learnt that most of you were happy being yourselves (yay!)
- April: I shared the humungous list of cleansing oils I’ve used over the years and we looked at what products worked for others but not you. The discussion on whether you apply lipbalm everyday too got an impressive response.
- May: We learnt some makeup tips from Japanese RMK Makeup artist Toru Kobayashi and I took you on a virtual tour of the Sephora Starhill store while we discussed if the first Sephora store in Malaysia was a hit or a hype.
- June: You all confessed to popping pimples even when you know you shouldn’t and I loved knowing where all you lovely readers come from!
- July :Do your skin flaws bother you? We discussed this at great length!
- August: We discussed if we washed our hair everyday, and you were all amazing in offering tips for getting rid of spots. I also finally completed the 30 days of lip colour challenge
- September: We talked about blogger endorsements and whether you’d believe it over a celebrity endorsement. We also discussed the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten. Ah you lot are adventurous!
- October: Despite the many popular brands, there are still popular cosmetics brands many of us cannot use but the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation raised a lot of interest, as did my initiation into the Lipstick Bandits 😀
- November : Duck faces and lipgloss pouts rule the day, as did the very affordable, very effective Maybelline Hypersharp eyeliner.
- December: Interest flared mostly in my rant about my Burberry lipstick that smelt off after just 6 months, and what I felt were 5 concepts of inner beauty I try to live by to be beautiful both inside and out.
It was quite hard to pick just one or two of your favourite posts, or posts that incited the most discussion, because there were quite a few!
So thank you for adding to the discussions and for your suggestions and company throughout 2011. Wherever you’ll be tonight as you wave away the old year and greet the new, stay safe and have a blast.
I’ll be back in 2012 and I hope to see more of you then.