in Highlighter,Loose Powder,Makeup,Product Reviews

I realize I’ve been a little tardy coming up with this post, and I do apologise if its not available at any Guerlain counter anymore. But I just had to blather on about it because you know me and my Meteorites. I love them and its no secret that I do icon biggrin Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

guerlain meteorites nuit2 Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

The Meteorites Perles de Nuit are limited edition balls for Christmas 2011. Guerlain releases these special Meteorites once a year at Christmas although they may have one sprout up some time during the year. This year, in keeping with the whole teal theme, the tin is teal and the pearls offer a peachy shimmer that is very lovely. Well, if you are a fan like I am icon smile Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

I will warn however that for those averse to shimmer, the Perles de Nuit are a little more shimmery than the regular ones. The ratio of shimmer to matte pearls are 3:1 so that tells you something!

guerlain meteorites nuit3 Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

Here are the colours I picked out of the tin – shimmer peach, shimmer gold, shimmer white and matte pink. I must note here however that the shimmer isn’t bling-bling shimmer. Its a subtle highlight that doesn’t scream “Hello, Disco ball!” It just gently lifts your skin, infuses it with a soft glow and makes you go “Hello, is that me you gorgeous thing?”

I’ve swatched each of the powder pearls on my hand for an indication of colour.

guerlain meteorites nuit5 Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

I practically all but crushed the powder against my skin to get the colours to show up here. In reality, you will not see these colours. What you will get is a peachy shimmery powder that you just lightly dust all over your skin.

I did note that the powder pearls in the Perles de Nuit was a bit powdery unlike the regular Meteorites pearls. So its very easy to pick up colour by just touching your brush to the surface of the pearls.

Unlike the regular tin that comes with a puff to hold the powder in, this teal tin comes with a black sponge. Awful, if you ask me. It jars against the luxury of the brand and product. But because this is rather powdery, I find I can pick up colour straight from the underside of the sponge.

I can’t show you a blended swatch because it blends into nothing but you can probably tell from the shades that it will swirl up into a lovely pale warm peach. Oh and don’t worry about it matching cool or warm skin – it really doesn’t show up as anything on the skin. The latter is why some people wail about Meteorites being a useless powder but I do think one has to understand that the Meteorites doesn’t add highlight or shimmer per se. Its a finishing powder that infuses skin with an inner glow without all the shimmer and shine normally associated with highlighters and just leaves you looking polished and perfect. But as I said, I’m a huge fan so that’s just the fan-girl talking icon smile Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

guerlain meteorites nuit41 Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

I tried to show you what I mean by attempting to swatch the regular Teint Rose Meteorites and the Perles de Nuit. You can see that in the Teint Rose (swatch above), there are 3 matte shades and 1 shimmer. In Perles de Nuit, its the other way round. So you can expect more shimmer in the holiday tub. Nothing overboard as I’ve said, but definitely there.

In a nutshell

A lovely tin of highlighting/finishing powder that adds subtle golden warmth to the skin. Perles de Nuit is more shimmery than the regular Meteorites so shimmer will be more noticeable on the skin. The colours are warmer but it is all very subtle. I wear these in the day time as well without looking glittery or overdone. The shimmer lifts the skin and you can pile on more for a highlight on the cheeks. I just prefer to dust it all over my face. It pulls the look together and seals it.

Pros: Not overly shimmery, Adds a very subtle warm golden glow to the skin, Gorgeous packaging, Beautiful product to look at and use

Cons: Pricey but will last you forever, Black sponge in the tub looks cheap

Here is a comparison picture of the Perles de Nuit tin and the Rose Fraise regular Meteorites tin (since the reformulation. I had the old one that came in a rainbow coloured cardboard tub but it now resides with my sister. You can see a picture of how it looks here).

guerlain meteorites nuit Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

The tins are exactly the same, except that the Perles de Nuit come in a teal tin as opposed to the regular silver tin. I think I’m going to turn collector so I’ll be keeping an eye out for more Meteorites pearls to come! icon biggrin Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup I just have the one Teint Rose from the permanent range – I can’t believe that! Probably have to remedy that the next time I’m feeling flush icon smile Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit : As pearls complete your outfit so do these pearls complete your makeup

Does the Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit catch your eye? Do you own any Meteorites and do you love them as I do or do you just think them meh?

Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit retail at RM185 at all Guerlain counters

Nikki December 5, 2011 at 9:30 am

The only that’s close to Meteorites that I own is the one from Paul & Joe and I can’t finish it up!!!! *laughs* It’s weird that this came with a black sponge though! super weird :)

December 5, 2011 at 10:43 am

I remember that P&J one and I wanted it but it was all sold out here! These things will never finish which is great for the pocket but not so great if you want more prettiness :D

juan
December 5, 2011 at 9:32 am

they’ve been around for ages yet i have never tried any one of them… you’re saying the christmas one is already sold out?
juan recently blogged…CLINIQUE turnaround instant facial masque – a delightful experience!My Profile

December 5, 2011 at 10:43 am

I’m not sure if its sold out. It seemed quite popular or maybe the pressed powder was the one that was sold out. Meteorites are a hit or miss thing for many people. Those who love it, love it to bits. Those who don’t think its a waste of money :P

xin
December 5, 2011 at 9:37 am

i really like the pretty tin, it is also quite unfortunate that one jar lasts forever *sigh* i have no reason to get another one unless one day it goes on sale cheap or i have lost the current one
xin recently blogged…Holiday Collection 2011 Review: Dazzling Holiday with LaneigeMy Profile

December 5, 2011 at 10:46 am

Haha! Yes unfortunately indeed :P There are different colours available though so maybe that’s an excuse :P

rinnah
December 5, 2011 at 10:05 am

I really should bring my Meteorites over to SG! Maybe that way I’ll actually get around to using it instead of just petting it at home. :P

Sigh, me wants the pretty tin, but as you said, it never really finishes so I guess there’s no need for me to go buy backups. :P
rinnah recently blogged…Bellabox November 2011My Profile

December 5, 2011 at 10:46 am

Oh yes you should! :D Even using it everyday will hardly put a dent in this unlike the pressed powder which will show wear :) You can get more tins… only if you’re a collector :)

Syeang December 5, 2011 at 10:08 am

Gosh I love them. I am still using the old packaging .& it just would not finish. I love the new packaging .

December 5, 2011 at 10:47 am

Haha yes its so hard to justify buying a new tin/tub right? I off loaded mine, thank goodness ;) But I do love the new tin a lot more than the old cardboard one

Tine
December 5, 2011 at 10:09 am

You and Geek have been raving about this (or at least, the original bebolas), and I wanna check it out. Can’t find a Guerlain counter here in Penang though, but will check out in KL when I can. Definitely cheaper to get it here than Australia!

December 5, 2011 at 10:48 am

You have to! Guerlain is only available in the Klang Valley and even then, only in the big major department stores so either go to The Gardens or KLCC for your fix ;)

Hanny Daforcena
December 5, 2011 at 10:44 am

So pretty, so expensive…

Oh, I’ve seen pictures of the Meteorites in Cruel Gardenia that’s gonna be launched? Now that’s pretty! http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Temptalia/~3/hRnmy9pjKsc/guerlain-cruel-gardenia-meteorites-review-photos-swatches

December 5, 2011 at 10:50 am

Well its by Guerlain and it will last forever so its not really THAT expensive :) Yes I’ve seen the pix of Cruel Gardenia and I am waiting for news of availability because I’m definitely getting it :)

Monstro December 5, 2011 at 11:51 am

I don’t have any! You know what that means right?? Haha! I’ll be travelling soon…so duty free here I come….*scared*

December 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm

HAHA! You need a tub Monstro! And duty free is a very good place to grab one ;) Enjoy your holidays wherever you’re going.

LeGeeque December 5, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I LOVE MY METEORITES. I left the older one at work so I can use it as a touchup in lieu of powder. THe teal tin, I use that at home and I agree with you, that silly black sponge, I have no idea what to do with it. Like I asked you earlier, maybe I should toss it. Glad I listened to you and didn’t. I use it to stop the balls from rolling around too much.
LeGeeque recently blogged…Wants: Halston Heritage dressesMy Profile

December 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm

LOL yes that silly black sponge does its job to hold everything in place else we’d have powder instead of balls in the tub :P I do find this one crumbles more easily than the regular Meteorites don’t you?

LeGeeque December 6, 2011 at 6:24 am

These do seem a little softer in texture, perhaps, that’s why they crumble easily? You reckon teint rose is the universally flattering colour? I THINK SO TOO! Like I told you on Google Chat yesterday, I’d use this as a touch up instead of regular pressed/loose powder. It’s less cakey!

beetrice
December 5, 2011 at 1:06 pm

more pretty packaging! >.< I was so tempted to get the miniature set of 3 previously but couldn't justify the price for so little product. maybe time to take another look…*looks forlornly at depleting wallet*
beetrice recently blogged…Mystifying my lips with Givenchy Rouge Interdit…My Profile

December 5, 2011 at 2:33 pm

Personally speaking, I’d tell you to not get the mini trio. The tubs are too small and the balls will jump out and get lost. The quantity isn’t an issue though. It’ll last a very long time too. But what I’d suggest you do is get the full size Teint Rose at duty free. Its the most universally appealing shade and its permanent ;)

beetrice
December 5, 2011 at 2:36 pm

hehe…you talked me out of getting the trio remember? ;) but yeah, will definitely have to see how to get my grubby paws on one soon!
beetrice recently blogged…It’s beginning to feel/look a lot like Christmas…My Profile

December 5, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I did? Well I’m reinforcing it LOL!! Or strawberrynet has them too the next time you get a “we miss you” discount ;)

LeGeeque December 6, 2011 at 6:22 am

Eh next time we got ‘we miss you’ discount, I want more meteorites too please! thank you!!! *die liao*

December 6, 2011 at 3:19 pm

LOL Next time Bee does an order ride on it! ;)

Ria December 5, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Oooh! Too pretty :) Both the pearls and the packaging! Though I was wondering, would you be able to reuse the tin? Can you remove that black plastic so you have a nice tin to put things in?

December 5, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Oh yes you can! :) I’m not sure if or when the day will come when you finish using it, but if you depot the pearls into another tin or tub, you can most definitely use the tin to store other small items :)

Marina (Makeup4all) December 5, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I have three mini versions of the ‘first’ meteorites that were in the regular line but I often forget to use them :)
Marina (Makeup4all) recently blogged…Holidays Gift Guide: Paperself LashesMy Profile

December 6, 2011 at 3:15 pm

LOL I sometimes forget my Meteorites too but since I reorganized my dresser and put them in full view, I’m back to using them again :D

Ling
December 5, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I had checked my friend’s meteorites – but they were the old school cardboard container so I didnt fancy it…but now, with the tin – SO much nicer!

December 6, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Ya the one rainbow coloured cardboard box looks quite… in a word, aunty :P Not appealing at all. The new tin looks so much more modern and prettier too ;)

Jamilla December 5, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I love Meteorites!

December 6, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Hurrah! They are an awesome invention

Reena December 5, 2011 at 9:58 pm

The packaging is awesome!!! sooo pretty! :)

December 6, 2011 at 3:18 pm