Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit d’Amour Rouge Automatique

in FOTD,Lipstick,Makeup,Product Reviews

In the Northern Hemisphere, the temperature has cooled and we’re starting to hear the jingle jingle of sleigh bells and carols in the air and perhaps, just perhaps, you are looking for a lip colour for the Fall/Winter/Holiday season. Well, you’ve come to the right place! Let the Lipstick Bandits help you in your quest! icon biggrin Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

guerlain nuit damour Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

My contribution is the Guerlain Rouge Automatique No. 170 Nuit d’Amour. I love this one because this is a gorgeous lip colour that is at once surprisingly wearable and beautiful on the lips. Plus its perfect for the party season, dinners, low light situations… where it really comes into its own, and heck, I wear it in the daytime here – in the bright sunshine icon biggrin Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique Quick review, more photos and other Lipstick Bandit recommendations below!

The Rouge Automatique No. 170 Nuit d’Amour is actually Guerlain’s Christmas offering. When I was first tasked to showcase a Fall lip colour, I panicked. You see, when you live in a warm sunny country its hard to imagine what sorts of colours people will use when it gets cooler and darker. I just want to whip out corals and pinks all the time. So I actually prepared 3 posts before this, with what I thought was a suitable Fall lip colour, until I came onto the Guerlain counter last week and Nuit d’Amour sang its siren’s song.

guerlain nuit damour6 Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

Here is a picture of Nuit d’Amour taken in bright sunlight. You can see that its actually a plum berry and not black as I originally thought. Here’s the picture I showed you last week that had reader Emma El wondering if I’d gone all goth icon wink Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

guerlain christmas6 Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

In the shade, its a deep deep plum, almost black. In the sun, you can see its got these pretty gold flecks in it but it does not apply shimmery nor glittery. The texture is similar to Chamade and you can read my review on the Rouge Automatique lipsticks here including my take on the packaging. I swipe it on directly without a brush, although a brush will offer better control.

And on my lips, here’s how it looks.

guerlain nuit damour4 Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

Its a deep berry-plum with red tones that isn’t as dark as it looks in the tube. If you prefer something darker you will be disappointed. I was hoping for something more wearable so this suits me perfectly. Its a colour I don’t have in my stash and I love the surprised looks when I whip it out for touch ups, because everyone will STARE at that black lipstick in your hand! icon biggrin Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique Oh and at the mechanism too of course icon wink Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

This deep colour will accentuate flaky lips though, so be sure to ensure a smooth flake free lip before applying this. It is a little sheer on first application, and the colour can be built up if you apply more layers. This picture shows about 2 layers.

And here’s how I did the rest of my look to go with this lipstick.

guerlain nuit damour3 Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

Other items featured:

Face: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau liquid foundation 01 Beige Pale, Guerlain Meteorites Perles de Nuit

Eyes: Urban Decay 15th Anniversary palette – Deep End, Ace, Midnight Rodeo (I was trying to replicate the Guerlain Christmas eyeshadow palette) angle’s out so you can’t see a lot of it but its pretty

Cheeks: Lunasol Modelling Cheeks EX01 Soft Pink

Famous last words

If you don’t already have a lip colour in this shade, I think its a good investment. Its surprisingly wearable, its a good formula and it will get you your deserved attention, one way or another icon smile Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique That of course, if you can still find it, and are willing to pay for it icon smile Lipstick Bandit Fall/Winter Edition: Guerlain Nuit dAmour Rouge Automatique

Wondering what the other Lipstick Bandits are loving? Check out these posts for all our fall favourites:

What say you – does a colour like Nuit d’Amour catch your fancy? Or are you perhaps a little intimidated by it? What is your favourite lip colour for Fall/ Winter (or your interpretation of a Fall/Winter lip)?

Guerlain Rouge Automatique No. 170 Nuit d’Amour is I believe limited edition and retails for RM114 at Guerlain counters as part of the Belle de Nuit Christmas 2011 collection.

Jamilla November 14, 2011 at 9:06 pm

It’s gorgeous! You’re luck you can wear these cooler reds against your pale skin!

November 15, 2011 at 10:22 pm

Thank you Jamilla :) I have realized I pull off cooler tones better than warm ones so those are the shades I gravitate to :)

juan
November 14, 2011 at 9:12 pm

absolutely gorgeous! the entire look is gorgeous – the accessories, the hair, the complexion, the lip colour *thumbs up*

November 15, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Thank you Juan! Glad you approve ;)

lavender November 14, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Wow! This is such a gorgeous look. The eye shadow makes your eyes so beautiful and the lip color is so perfect for this look.
lavender recently blogged…Product Sampling Review: Clarins Extra Firming Night CreamMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Thank you Lavender! I do think a strong eye, strong lip combo can work very well together. Would you give it a go? :)

Hanny Daforcena
November 14, 2011 at 9:52 pm

PRETTY! *sighs* What wouldn’t I give for fair skin, you’ll be able to pull off all these beautiful colors heehee
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Either with Sunglasses or Jammies, It Makes a Girl Look Good! Review: Palladio Lip Stain in BerryMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Thanks :) Oh this would look just as good in tanned skin actually. It may not be so dramatic which can be a good thing ;)

Danielle November 14, 2011 at 10:14 pm

This looks absolutely stunning on you! What a gorgeous lipstick! Might have to go add this to my list now! *shakes fist* lol ;)

November 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Ah a lipstick bandit success ;) thank you Danielle!

lynne November 14, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Oh I love this look and your polished, confident smile. You look like you belong on the streets of Paris holding a coffee or the side-walks of New York City talking efficiently into a cell phone!

rinnah
November 15, 2011 at 9:23 am

Totally agree with lynne’s comment. So chic, tres lovely! :P
rinnah recently blogged…Sun Kam Kee @ Overseas Union GardenMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Merci Beaucoup! ;)

November 15, 2011 at 10:32 pm

Thank you so much Lynne! What a compliment. You just made me wish I was really in Paris or New York right now :)

dani November 15, 2011 at 12:04 am

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the packaging, too!
dani recently blogged…Lipstick Bandit: My Favourite Fall LipstickMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:33 pm

Thank you Dani :) I’m not crazy about the packaging though. I much prefer the traditional lipsticks with caps :D

Larie November 15, 2011 at 12:07 am

Ahhh, love it!!! I also love your necklace :D

November 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Thank you Larie! Glad you like the necklace too. I had it custom made at sweetcontemplationaccessories.com ;)

Rae // theNotice
November 15, 2011 at 1:48 am

Still completely <3ing your Nuit d'Amour coverage. The Rouge Automatique looks amazing on you! What a gorgeous berry shade ;o)
Rae // theNotice recently blogged…Fall favourites with the Lipstick Bandits | MAC Desire lipstick reviewMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Thank you Rae! The day I saw this the skies opened, angels sang and I knew I’d found my lipstick for this post! :D

Tracy@Beauty Reflections November 15, 2011 at 2:01 am

Now that’s a beautiful deep berry and it looks perfect on you! Very sophisticated!

November 15, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Thank you Tracy! I love how unexpected it was because it looked black in the tube!

Arianne
November 15, 2011 at 2:12 am

This berry is super flattering on your skintone. I love it! Great pick. :)
Arianne recently blogged…Lipstick Bandits Strike Again: Fall Lipsticks We Crave.My Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:36 pm

Thank you Arianne :) I didn’t think about a light berry like you did. That would have been so much more wearable for everyday :P

Ashley November 15, 2011 at 3:25 am

As Tracy has already mentioned, this shade is very sophisticated. It looks like you’re all ready for a holiday party ;)
Ashley recently blogged…Review: Murad Sensitive Skin Soothing SerumMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm

With bling around my neck too! :D thank you Ashley :)

Rocaille
November 15, 2011 at 3:35 am

Paris, your photos and graphics are amazing! Not to mention the lipstick itself :)

November 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Thank you Rocaille :) I’m very gratified that you think so, thank you!

Makeup Morsels November 15, 2011 at 6:46 am

And I was doing so well at not succumbing to Guerlain lipsticks…
This is such a beautiful plummy color, and the finish looks perfect for everyday wear. Love your necklace too!
Makeup Morsels recently blogged…Lipstick Bandit Madness: Fall EditionMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Thank you :) Guerlain lipsticks are very lovely! But they really hurt the pocket :( I do prefer the Rouge G though

lyn
November 15, 2011 at 7:20 am

Oooh la la, so gorgeous and chic!
lyn recently blogged…Oh, Paul & Joe, You Make My Heart Sing New York, New YorkMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Merci! :D

Sophia November 15, 2011 at 7:48 am

This shade looks fabulous on you :) What a gorgeous lipstick! xo

November 15, 2011 at 10:40 pm

Thank you Sophia! The color is most certainly very pretty and I’m certain will suit most :)

Jess November 15, 2011 at 7:58 am

Wow, Nuit D’Amour looks beautiful on your complexion, Paris! Yes, this color indeed adds a a touch of festive, but also chic touch to the whole look. I love it that it looks almost black by itself, but appears plum berry on the lips.

Hmm… my favorite lip color recently has to be coral red I think… Wearing MAC Lipstick in Fanfare a lot.
Jess recently blogged…Blog Sale | Items for November 2011 are up!My Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Thank you Jess! I’m not familiar with Fanfare but coral red is such a pretty shade! Since its always sunny here it’s easier for me to wear a warmer tone than a cool deep lip. I might have to wear something coral tomorrow! :D

LeGeeque November 15, 2011 at 8:52 am

Well done you! It’s a gorgeous colour and guess what? We’re lipstick twins today! :D And, we can be necklace twins too! Thanks to Tine, that’s the necklace I have too ;)
LeGeeque recently blogged…A Contentious IssueMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Oh hurrah!! We are practically twins!! :D

peach_ November 15, 2011 at 9:48 am

That is SO gorgeous! *faint* I love the whole look you put together. And yup, I’m definitely intimidated by the color and can’t imagine myself wearing it. I admire you for rocking this in the day time and wish I could, too!
peach_ recently blogged…Dior Vernis Apparat 871 (Holiday 2011 Les Rouges Or Collection)My Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

*waves smelling salts* lol Thank you Peach! This is a color I cant imagine I’ll see on the streets very often. I do see a lot of fuchsia though which isnt very flattering at the best of times :P what sort of colors do you like then?

dom
November 15, 2011 at 9:49 am

kinda reminds me of ksuan’s almost lipstick from clinique – the berry one :)
dom recently blogged…Secret Allure: OPI The Muppets GiveawayMy Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:46 pm

Ah could be. Clinique does do dark lippies…. But not here!

Cas November 15, 2011 at 11:04 am

Gorgeous! How come you seem to carry off any red lipsticks? Not fair! I’ve recently started falling in love with red lippies so yes, I just might pick this one up. It looks goth like at a glance but what do you know – such a perfect fall shade.
Cas recently blogged…Travel Plan 2012My Profile

November 15, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Thank you Cas! I only pick reds I can wear though. I don’t do a lot of warm orangey reds because they tend to make me look a little sallow and older, although it looks beautiful on others so the trick is to pick a color that suits you and you’re set ;) I think I like this one more for the surprise factor than for the color lol!

Emma El
November 15, 2011 at 11:06 am

OMG..u look sooo gorgeous wearing this colour and agree with Juan, your entire look is absolutely gorgeous!!
….and thank god its not what am imagine before..hahah! *blushing*

November 15, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Thank you Emma! :D no need to be embarrassed. When the SA showed me this my first thought was “Alamak! Does she think I’m into goth looks??” so luckily it wasn’t hehe ;)

milktea November 15, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Confirmed. You rock reds! :-)

November 15, 2011 at 10:50 pm

Thanks :)

gio November 15, 2011 at 8:11 pm

What a beautiful shade! I’m not sure I’d be able to pull it off but it looks fab on you. Love your necklace as well.

November 15, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Thank you Gio and I’m sure you’d have no trouble pulling off this color! It’s very flattering and I think in winter seasons when it’s cooler and darker it would actually look amazing. Less so in the bright sun here ;)

AnT November 16, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Sexy~kissable lips of yours again here!! :D

Glad that the deep berry plum is not too dark after all :P Nice! :D

November 16, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Mwaks! ;) I was sold the minute the SA swiped the color on my skin and it didn’t come out black! Did you mange to get the pressed powder? ;)

AnT November 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm

*melting* :D
LOL
Oh yes. I got the pressed powder! :D From the gardens though. Someone who placed order cancelled that very day when so happened I was there LOL Meant to be mine huh? ;) Destined to be :P

November 17, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Awesome!! So happy you managed to get it and yes, the stars were aligned and it was meant to beeeeee!