Thanksgiving – not a celebration we have in our part of the world, but I thought to borrow the celebration just so we pause for a moment from the madness around us, and think about the things we have and are thankful for. Let me start.
- I’m thankful for my health – not perhaps the healthiest person around (I still love my unhealthy foods – crisps and keropok lekor OMG! ) but I try
- I’m thankful for disciplinarian parents – I may have hated it growing up and they are still very protective but I think I am what I am thanks to my growing up years. Although we are now closer and less parent-child, I know I’ll always be my parents’ daughter and they have my back every time.
- I’m thankful for having a sister – Its a relationship that’s just different from any other familial ties. Maddening at times but otherwise one I’m thankful for having. Don’t tell her I said so
- I’m thankful for friends – friends with whom I can catch up with in 2 minutes despite not having seen them for years, friends I see often, friends with whom I get into scrapes with. Thankful for them all.
- I’m thankful for BBM, Whatsapp and Facetime – isn’t technology wonderful? I’m closer to family and friends anywhere in the world than I can ever be.
- I’m thankful for having a job – a little strange but true. I may complain sometimes but its a job and it keeps me in my bags and purchases and just sometimes, I get a nice thrill out of a job well done
I’m thankful for perfume – without it, man! I’d really stink My favourite scent du jour is Dior J’adore EDT I love how light and fresh it is, yet floral and subtle. I was not a fan of previous J’adore incarnations as I found it too strong but I love this one to itty bitty bits! I wear it almost everyday and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside… oh and makes me smell good too of course
I’m, of course, also thankful for all of you – without you reading my blog and your encouraging comments, I probably wouldn’t still be here today! 8)
Thank you, lovelies! Post #2221 FTW!
What are you thankful for?