New! Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer Serum

in Serum

There was a bit of a shake up about a month ago when fans of Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer serum discovered that their favourite exfoliating serum was being discontinued. DISCONTINUED?! You could hear the wails all up and down the Peninsular, all the way to East Malaysia icon wink New! Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer Serum

clinique turnaround New! Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer Serum

But fear not for it was not in fact discontinued but reformulated. Clinique has taken their iconic serum and upped it a notch to (hopefully) make it better. This new(ish) serum performs the same functions as the old. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and helps promote skin renewal. With regular exfoliation, newer more radiant skin is revealed and with this new formula, you see results more quickly – within 4 weeks instead of 8 and you get clearer more radiant skin that glows from within.

New ingredients added into the mix are padina pavonica (a seaweed extract to activate skin cells and strengthen the skin’s epidermal layer) and lactobionic acid (to allow exfoliation without irritation and helps bind water to the skin for a softer effect). Our old friend Salicylic acid remains in the mix, the key ingredient that exfoliates dead skin gently.

clinique turnaround2 New! Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer Serum

The serum can be used twice a day but if you plan to use it in the day, I recommend you wear a good sunblock because skin can become sensitive to UV rays. Those with oily or problem skins that react well to salicylic acid usually have a glowing report when using most Clinique products that exfoliate.

I personally have had excellent results with the Clinique Moisture Surge gel cream, Derma White Brightening Essence and even the Repairwear Laser Focus. But I have a small mental fear with regards Turnaround.

You see, way back in the day when Clinique first launched their Total Turnaround cream and serum, I gave it a go. It broke me out so badly I have had a bit of phobia ever since. Now, I realise this new serum is different and now, years later, my skin too is different. So I may not react to it the same way. That said, I haven’t given it a go, to be perfectly honest.

I will in say a month’s time. Who can say curious cat? icon razz New! Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer Serum I don’t know if I’ll regret it but if you want to know what I think of the Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer, do come back in a month and I’ll have my report for you… for better or for worse.

Are you a Clinique Turnaround fan? I know there are many so come on! Speak up! Tell me I have nothing to fear icon smile New! Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer Serum

Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer retails at RM200/30ml and RM280/50ml at all Clinique counters.

Stephy October 28, 2011 at 8:49 am

I used their turnaround mask before. the next day pimples pop out.
Not sure if I rubbed too harshly when getting off the mask =P
But i do like the moisture surge =)
I got the travel set b4, good small package for new fans to try out =)
But for this, I’m not sure if it suits dry skin :(
Stephy recently blogged…Inglot is coming to Queensbay Penang!My Profile

October 28, 2011 at 9:40 am

That’s my fear actually, that I’d react to this serum with spots. But will give it a go anyway. Can’t say it won’t work :)

xin
October 28, 2011 at 9:06 am

i still have half a bottle of the old serum. I like it but I can’t use it daily, I use it once or twice a week and it works fine :D which is why a bottle can last for a while for me
xin recently blogged…Easy French Tip Sexy Zebra Nail Art TutorialMy Profile

October 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

Hmm… I’ll bear it in mind if I start breaking out. I”ll cut back and see what happens then.

Juan
October 28, 2011 at 9:10 am

I am a huge turnaround fan. The older(ish) serum, the mask & their long time ago turnaround cream worked really well on my skin. Darn it… I had one turnaround serum review yet to be posted and now the newer one is out *sheepish grin*

October 28, 2011 at 9:41 am

LOL! They move so quickly, cosmetics :D Glad this range works for you though and i hope this new one will too!

domncroxd
October 28, 2011 at 9:30 am

i’m a huge fan and use it every day. prob is i just sampled it yesterday and found it more silicone-y compared to the old formula. methinks it will be like idealist, which is super silicone-y (but then again i firmly believe that turnaround is very similar to idealist). i’m not sure if i’ll be going for this one. the texture reminds me of the old bodyshop vit C serum and after a while i just couldn’t stand the feel of it on my skin, although initially i did give it good reviews.
domncroxd recently blogged…Blogs We Read, Volume 2My Profile

October 28, 2011 at 9:43 am

I know exactly what you mean re: texture. I can’t remember the old formula so I probably will not be able to tell the difference. I was using Idealist way back in the day as a staple and then it started eating into my wallet resources so I was looking for options. Turnaround was cited as a dupe but it broke me out while Idealist didn’t. So I don’t think they are similar in that sense. Will have to try this one and see then!

peach_ October 28, 2011 at 12:37 pm

Have you tried the new Idealist? I got spots every time I used it and I didn’t like that it’s shimmery. Boo. Goes to show we really have to try it to see whether it works for us!
peach_ recently blogged…Peachy Product: Philosophy Lip Shine in Fresh Peaches with CreamMy Profile

October 30, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Yep! I’ve tried the new one (supposed to review it) but I found it drying :( It was promising for about a week or two but not after that.

rinnah
October 28, 2011 at 9:51 am

Me mom loves the old formula! She uses it about once a week and it makes her skin look really good. I guess I’ll have to get her this new formula to try… :P
rinnah recently blogged…Style Aromatherapy Pro Hair Care Natural Anti-Aging ShampooMy Profile

October 30, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Hopefully the new formula works as well for her as the old one :)

Rahainah
October 28, 2011 at 10:00 am

i bought the mask and the serum for the old formula from clinique boutique at pavillion coz i was so amazed from the result when the SA put on both products on my skin. instantly i can see my skin brighter and glowing. but after trying the product at home, i didn’t get the same result. so i felt a bit frustrated. i still have both product in the stash and i really don’t see why i should go out and buy the new formula. but just to let you know, i’ve get my hands on a sample for the new formula, just to see what difference it makes from the old one. i’ll let you know after i try it. but now, i’m really satisfied with genifique and visionnaire :)

October 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Oh dear, so sorry to hear this didn’t work out for you. Genifique didn’t work for me but I haven’t tried Visionnaire yet to see the results but its good to know they work for you! :D

Hanny Daforcena
October 28, 2011 at 10:17 am

Mama Daforcena loves the Turnaround line!! Perhaps she’ll love this!
Hanny Daforcena recently blogged…Happy Deepavali!! And an FOTD from My Model and I!My Profile

October 30, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Great to know Turnaround works for her! Pity I didn’t meet them yesterday :)

Nikki October 28, 2011 at 10:56 am

I have this! I am excited to give this a try as Clinique never fails my skin! I hope this works as great as the other products I’ve tried from the brand!!!!

October 30, 2011 at 5:28 pm

I’m sure its out in PH soon too! :D Maybe you don’t even need this yet LOL!

Coraline October 28, 2011 at 11:21 am

The US version of this serum is called Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer while the UK is like what you have here…Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer. I wonder if there are any differences beside the names :D

October 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Gosh! And reader Peach tells us its called something else similar but not the same, in Japan! Why on earth don’t they standardize names :P The Clinique Derma White Brightening Serum is called something different in the USA too – Even Better I think. Makes you wonder if its all the same thing eh?

beetrice
October 28, 2011 at 11:33 am

I bought the mask off StrawberryNET and am liking it, but now that you say the serum’s back…*makes a gangway for local Clinique counter*
beetrice recently blogged…Who’s up for Violent Lips?My Profile

October 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm

LOL I’m guessing it works well for you then

peach_ October 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm

A friend got me the old one a while ago, but I never finished up the bottle. I think the new one we have in Japan is called Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin Renewer EX. So confusing!

We have different skin types, but I’m still excited for your review. :D

October 30, 2011 at 5:30 pm

Ah what with Japan, US, UK and here having different names, I don’t know how we can ever make a proper comparison anymore! :P

Eli October 28, 2011 at 2:57 pm

I didn’t realise that my banshee wails were that far-reaching. *grin* I got a call from Clinique saying that Turnaround has arrived in Sabah but haven’t got around to checking it out. Am worried since domn commented that the new version has more silicone. Arrrgh. I hate the feel of silicones.

October 30, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Haha I remembered your wails ;) I haven’t been able to compare the two textures but it’ll be a pity of the new one doesn’t work as well as the old for you.

Lisa October 28, 2011 at 11:06 pm

I’ve broke up many years back trying out the turnaround cream so I’m skeptical about this one. Clinique has its fair share of boo products for me and it was only in the recent 4 years or so that I started to change my mind about this brand. My skin has changed alot in the recent years as I’ve discovered some products that worked nothing for me in the past now work well etc. One of which is the Estée Lauder night serum you’ve raved much about. And hearing from you that the laser focus worked for you has gotten my attention. Will you be reviewing this product? I’m trying out a small sample of it now but I’m not sure if it will work and hence unsure to invest in the full sized product. One thing for sure is laser focus doesn’t break me out.

October 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I couldn’t use many things from Clinique before, especially their 3 step. But I later found that other products in the line weren’t too bad. I will be giving the Turnaround a go soon. I have tried Laser Focus and its pretty good!

RM October 29, 2011 at 7:15 am

Ah. Your friend salicylic acid and I don’t seem to get along very well, so this is a no go for me. I actually think I learned that from another Clinque skin product, so I’ve been avoiding them. :(

October 30, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Oh dear sorry to hear salicylic doesn’t agree with you. I’ve usually found it quite helpful for me if I have stubborn spots but I like them in products like Vichy Normaderm or in a face scrub. The one in the Clinique range (in particular the exfoliating lotion) is a bit harsh for me.

Mei Ying
October 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I love it! My skin always feels smooth after application and it helps reduce redness on my skin quickly.

October 30, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Glad to know this works for you Mei Ying :)

Lisa February 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm

The serum does NOT work for me. It’s too harsh or doesn’t have the moisturizers in it. I’m not sure why the people at Clinique would change something that was working for so many people. I had horrible problematic skin for years, and now it’s back!!! Thanks but no thanks Clinique! I’ve got to find something else… And fast!! Any other products out there that do what the total turnaround vsr did?? Help!!