Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

in Blush,Eyeshadow,FOTD,Makeup,Product Reviews

Mwahahhaa! I’ve dug into the gorgeous-as-art Maison Lancome blush! icon biggrin Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

maison lancome2 Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

You can see all the overspray is gone.

And it is as beautiful on the skin as it looks in the pan. So if you own it, I suggest you grab your blush brush, shut your eyes (if you prefer not to view the desecration of something so beautiful) and swipe it over the blush. What you’d be doing is just dusting off the gold overspray but you will also pick up some of the lovely soft shades that makes up the Maison Lancome blush and you will not regret it one bit.

Promise!

The Maison Lancome blush is a combination of 3 soft blush shades – pale pink, rose and warm peach. Swirled together, you get a very soft pink for your skin. If you prefer something pale, pick up the pale pink colour on the Maison Lancome building. If you prefer something more rosy, pick up the colour from the cobblestones. If you prefer something warmer or something to contour with, pick up the colour from the Eiffel Tower. There is no glitter. The gold overspray disappears once you brush your brush over it.

lancome maison lancome Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

Here is a picture of the original blush before use to give you an idea of where the glitter is.

I like to just swirl over all the shades which gives me a warmed pink and apply it as a base blush. Its quite light. Then, I pick up either the pale pink or rose and use that as an accent colour on the apples of the cheeks.

maison lancome3 Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

Also featuring: Lancome Fall 2011 Blondes Fatale eyeshadow palette on eyes and brows, Dior Serum de Rouge Crimson Serum, Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

The blush colours are soft and very wearable although it does run to being a little light, so if you have darker skintone, I’m not quite sure just how will it will show up, except as a sort of glow from within – nothing very obvious but something quite pretty.

In a nutshell

This limited edition blush is, I feel, one of Lancome’s better offerings to date. The colours used are universally flattering on most skintones (although the very dark will have problems getting it to show) and the pattern on the palette is breathtakingly beautiful. However, for makeup, beauty lies in how you use the the product so don’t just gawk at it, use it and enjoy the warm pink tones on your skin.

Pros: Smooth silky texture, 3 tones of blush to mix as you wish, Lovely warm pink flush on the skin, Beautiful design

Cons: Limited Edition

I thought I’d kill 2 birds with one stone and also show you the eye I did with the Les Œillades eyeshadow palette in Blonde Fatales which is a eye and brow palette. Here are the swatches of the eye palette and above is how it looks when applied.

lancome fall 20113 Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

I used 3 colours – all except the 2nd from the left. I find that shade a little too warm for my liking, although it works on the brows. Its a very practical and work friendly eyeshadow palette that is cleverly also a brow powder, so it is a great palette for travel or for toting around for touch ups.

I like this look. Sans the red lips, if you aren’t into that, its a nice office friendly, face enhancing look that almost anyone can effortlessly pull off without any problems whatsoever. Plus I do like the blush very much indeed. It looks nicer in real life than in pictures, where it just looks like any other blush to you and me icon razz Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

Have you already checked out the Lancome 29 Rue St. Honore collection? Picked anything up? Or did you pick up the Maison Lancome blush but are still too enamoured by its prettiness to dig right in? Will this change your mind? icon smile Maison Lancome : The Blush, Swatched And Used And Fully Appreciated!

Lancome Les Œillades (Oeillades) eyeshadow and brow palette retails at RM140, Maison Lancome blush at RM120

Disclosure: Featured products are press samples. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

xin
September 9, 2011 at 9:08 am

the blush is really really pretty! if i were to pick a blusher as a gift, this would definitely be my choice
xin recently blogged…Inexpensive Storage Idea for BagsMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Xin, I’d pick this for MYSELF, not as a gift :P

Tine
September 9, 2011 at 9:14 am

It’s a pretty blush, but hot dang girl, check out your lippie! It’s blindingly GORGEOUS! :D
Tine recently blogged…List of Lusts: Makeup StorageMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Teehee, thanks Tine! I pulled it out after a long while and vavavoom! :D Love it!

Jacqueline September 9, 2011 at 9:21 am

I have been wanting this blush since I set my eyes on it, I hear that it was OOS the minute it hit Singapore shores. There is no way to get it. Sigh! It is soooo pretty. I love the subdues blush and red lip look. Wow!
Jacqueline recently blogged…Burberry Burberry Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation Trench No. 7 Beauty Review and SwatchesMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Oh dear I’m not sure if its out of stock here too actually. Something tells me its probably the same here. And thanks – I’m sure you’d rock a look like this too because I remember you like bright lips too :D

Jess September 9, 2011 at 9:21 am

The Maison Lancome Blush looks just too pretty!! I’m still deciding whether to get or not, because I know it would break my heart, if I destroy the lovely design of the powder! :)

I love the soft warmer browns on you, Paris!
Jess recently blogged…Clarins Rouge Prodige 01 Lovely RoseMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Thank you Jess! And I think you’d just have to get it… just so you can hold onto it and decide so you don’t regret it when its sold out and you want it! :D

Sukie September 9, 2011 at 9:33 am

I love how you paired the blush with such a lovely red lippie! :) I’ve got way too many blushes at the moment so I will be good and not get this one ;)

September 9, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Always space for a pretty blush m’dear! ;) But not to worry. I’m sure there’ll be more pretty blushes to come once you’ve made some space in your stash for them hehe…

Nikki September 9, 2011 at 9:36 am

WOW!!! I’ll definitely close my eyes and I don’t care if my blush application is uneven as it hurts me to use this cutey!!!
Nikki recently blogged…I Wonder: Are You Into Stickers?My Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm

LOL!! You can close your eyes when you swipe it but open your eyes to apply so you don’t get uneven cheekbones hehe…

Hanny
September 9, 2011 at 10:03 am

Aaaaah!!! So pretty!!! But I’m having doubts if it will show up on me heh heh.
Hanny recently blogged…FOTD: Bronzy Goth! An Ode to SummerMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:14 pm

The thing is, you’d never know till you try it! ;)

rinnah
September 9, 2011 at 10:03 am

Oh no. More things to add to the lemming list. :P

I’m liking the shimmery shade in the e/s palette and having a shadow that works on brows is great for an all in one look! I think I shall check it out as I want a versatile palette to keep in SG for when the mood strikes for makeup. :P
rinnah recently blogged…Style File : Ross-Simons Safekeeper Wall Mirror Jewelry CabinetMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:15 pm

This one’s a good compact work and fun palette and the powder (and mini brush) for brows is a nice touch! :D How long’s the lemming list now then? ;)

Issa September 9, 2011 at 10:59 am

wow, this blush is gorgeous!!! oh my, i might not want use that beautiful blush because of the design! btw, the lippie shade suits you so well!

September 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Thank you Issa :D And yes, the first swipe was the hardest. After that, it got a little easier ;)

Cas September 9, 2011 at 11:12 am

What can I say, a pretty look for a pretty lady :)

September 9, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Aww you are very sweet Cas, thank you! :D

Rainy Days & Lattes September 9, 2011 at 12:49 pm

OMG, this is the most gorgeous Lancome palette I have ever seen!
Rainy Days & Lattes recently blogged…Versatility with Loreal’s Forest Smokes QuadMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:18 pm

I have to fully concur! I think Lancome outdid themselves with this one :)

Stephy September 9, 2011 at 1:41 pm

If were to compare with Urban Decay Naked palette, which one do you prefer? =)
Stephy recently blogged…St. Anne Novena FeastMy Profile

September 9, 2011 at 3:22 pm

mmm… its hard to say. The UD Naked palette with 12 colours is much more versatile but less compact whereas this one has fewer colours so is less versatile but much more travel and storage friendly. I guess it depends on which colours you may prefer :D

Jamilla September 9, 2011 at 1:49 pm

The blush looks gorgeous on you!! I am glad you had the courage to use it, lol!

September 9, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Thank you Jamilla and well, makeup is to be used! Unless they are too heartbreakingly beautiful and cost a bomb then maybe just frame ‘em up LOL!

gio September 9, 2011 at 2:21 pm

What a gorgeous blush! I’m still in doubt whether to get it or not cos I’m not sure I’d have the courage to use and ruin the pretty design. That would break my heart lol.

September 9, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Haha! Get it first Gio then decide – if you decide not to use it, I’m sure a LOT of people will take it off your hands! ;)

Ria
September 9, 2011 at 4:15 pm

I’ve been eyeing on this ever since I saw it in a weekend magazine 2 weeks ago! Will be first in line at the store once it hits on Oct 9!=))
Ria recently blogged…Get your freak on TAG!My Profile

September 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Ooh its only out then? I hope you get your hands on one, and after the honeymoon period of admiring it, make sure you use it! ;)

Marina (Makeup4all) September 9, 2011 at 6:55 pm

This is such a pretty blush. But I think I like the nail polishes the best. I can never be tired of black and red ;)
Marina (Makeup4all) recently blogged…Guerlain Belle de Nuit Makeup Collection for Holiday 2011My Profile

September 9, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Oh the red nail polish is super glam! I can’t do polish though so I didn’t pay attention hehe ;)

Aretha September 9, 2011 at 7:33 pm

OMG i love the e/s palette and the blush! So pretty! I’m usually not a fan of Lancome’s color cosmetics (although im a huge fan of their mascaras) but I really really genuinely love the eyeshadow palette! Big thumbs up for Lancome. I might need to grab one for myself :P

September 9, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Gotta agree with you. Lancome’s colour cosmetics do tend to be a wee bit boring. But this is a bit of a wow eh? ;) Hope you manage to get your hands on one of them

Connie De Alwis
September 11, 2011 at 2:16 am

Looks perky on ya!

Can I just buy it and keep it? <3 My Clarins one with the wheat is still untouched. I touched my MAC Dame Edna and so regretted that I did T_T

September 11, 2011 at 5:41 pm

Haha you could buy it and then frame them all up – would make a cool conversation piece hanging on your wall :D

Ming Xiu September 11, 2011 at 11:53 pm

omg!! it’s so pretty! a shame to use it and ruin the picture

September 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm

Sadly yes, but happily, its very pretty when used! :)