So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

in Blush,FOTD,Makeup,Product Reviews

Friends and regular readers will know I’m crazy over blushes. Show me a pretty blush and never mind that I may have similar shades (I probably do), I’d be all over it. Honestly, how different or unique can a blush be right? I will tend to agree. But we can’t help our addictions icon wink So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

dior pink in love So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

So while everyone was going ooh and ahh over the Dior Smoking Blue palette and the Smokey Eye trios, my line of sight went straight for the bright pink Diorblush Glowing Colour Powder Blush right there by its lonesome in a corner. No. 889 is its number and Pink in Love is its name. I seriously think this one deserves a lot of love from this Fall 2011 Dior collection. But for some reason, it seems to have been skipped over.

Well, not by me! I love this blush!

This is the Diorblush Glowing Colour Powder Blush which is a blush duo. I have a couple of other Dior duo blushes in my collection (and it appears I’ve never reviewed them before this) so I’m familiar with the quality. Dior blushes are also one of the more overlooked items in their makeup range. They don’t deserve it. Their blushes are lovely – smooth and sheer buildable colours, sturdy packaging and easy to wear shades for everyone.

dior pink in love4 So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

The whole compact is quite large and you get 7.5g of product which is really big. The blush duos are usually matte on one side and slightly shimmery on the other. Not super shimmery like their Shimmer powders – but just a touch to keep things interesting.

Pink in Love 889 has a  raspberry pink on the darker side, and a medium light pink on the lighter side. The colours are very pigmented so I caution a light hand with this one.

dior pink in love2 So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

Diorblush 889 Pink in Love swatches – swiped once

Each colour can be used on its own – the surface area of the blush is large enough for your brush to get right in there. But I think the colour really comes into its own when blended. When blended it applies a strawberry pink shade that you can tweak to be lighter or darker at will, depending on how you mix them.

I like to just dab my brush across both shades, dab on the back of my hand and then apply to cheeks.

dior pink in love3 So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

Also featuring: Tom Ford Moroccan Rose lipstick, Sleek Makeup Oh So Special palette on eyes

I wore it a little light in this picture but I hope you get the hint of colour. Should have piled it on for emphasis yes? icon razz So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush But in person, its a bit more obvious, applying a pinky-rose on my skin. I also sometimes like to apply just the darker shade on my cheeks and then use the lighter shade as a highlight – when layered, the colour is again a little different compared to when mixed.

Pink in Love is new in the Blue Tie 2011 Fall collection but it is permanent (yay!!) so I do think its worth taking a look at it even if the rest of the collection didn’t do it for you. The eye part of the collection may not be super interesting, but the cheeks! Oh the cheeks! icon biggrin So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

In a nutshell

A lovely pink-rose-berry blush that can be tweaked for the perfect colour to suit most skintones and skin colour. The texture is smooth and fine milled and it blends very easily into the skin for a natural looking flush. Pigmentation is strong so a light hand is essential. Do not swipe the blush with your brush but dab for a sheerer application and then build up for colour. It offers less opportunity for mistakes. A Diorblush worth investing in as you get at least 3 colours in one compact.

Pros: Lovely blush shade in both colours in the pan, Colours can be mixed and blended according to personal preferences as you go, Large blush compact, Smooth and fine milled texture, Blends beautifully on the skin to give a glow from within, Permanent in Diorblush collection

Cons: Pricey

As I noted above, I have a couple of Diorblushes I didn’t tell you about. I think they are mostly still available (hopefully) so I will try to remember to bring you a review soon icon smile So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush If you do own one of these, do let me know which you have. I think mine are Lucky Pink (very very light neutral beige-pink) and Plaza Pink (rose-pink). You can see pictures of them here.

Do holler if you might like a review of them icon smile So in love with Diorblush Pink in Love Glowing Colour Powder Blush

Diorblush  Glowing Colour Powder Blush retails at RM130 at all Dior counters. Pink in Love 889 and Vintage Pink 839 are new in the Fall 2011 and are permanent.

Disclosure: Featured product was provided by PR for consideration. For posting guidelines please read my disclaimer.

xin
August 10, 2011 at 9:16 am

such lovely shade of pink, and i love the TF lippie on you! have never tried dior makeup before but i’d love to one day :D
xin recently blogged…LASIK Surgery Experience & Thoughts – Excelview Mid Valley MegamallMy Profile

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Thanks Xin :D This isn’t available yet on Strawberrynet but there are other stuff there that are sometimes *ahem* on sale ;)

plue
August 10, 2011 at 9:45 am

so pretty! and it deserves the Rm130 price tag :D

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:54 pm

Haha glad you think so too!

August 10, 2011 at 10:24 am

Looks yummy. I don’t believe I have this shade of pink. Then again, I know I don’t need it! Ugh… You’re bad, Paris. Very bad!
Lily recently blogged…MAC Studio Sculpt SPF15 FoundationMy Profile

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:54 pm

No Lily, I’m very good! ;) hehe… give it a look – no harm doing that – and there’s no need to rush since I’m told its permanent ;)

Issa August 10, 2011 at 10:26 am

this is so pretty and I’m loving the lip color on you! :) i wish i can try Dior blushes sometime, this is too steep for me…. :)

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Thank you Issa :) I must agree that Dior is a really pricey brand but if you can find them on sale (sometimes on Strawberrynet) or if they go on sale in your local area, its worth giving it a go. I sometimes pick stuff up at local warehouse sales

Ling
August 10, 2011 at 10:58 am

Blush doesn’t usually catch my eye but this one looks lovely :D Especially on you :P
Ling recently blogged…Remington Pro Ionic 2100My Profile

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:55 pm

Thank you Ling :) I must say though that blush catches my eye every time! 8O

mon August 10, 2011 at 11:27 am

Hi Paris! Was just wondering how this blush compares to the Chanel Les Tendres de Chanel one you mentioned quite a few posts back. Do you think they’re extremely different? I’ve been sitting on the fence trying to decide which to buy for awhile and would love your input.

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:57 pm

The Chanel travel exclusive one? I’d say this one is more pink – the Chanel one actually applies very light at one end, and dark at the other. This one however is easy to pick up, deposit and blend. I think I prefer this :)

mon August 10, 2011 at 5:49 pm

Yup that’s the one. Thanks, Paris. Think I will get this Dior one, you are a wonderful enabler haha. :)

ParisB August 11, 2011 at 10:13 am

I think you’ll prefer the Dior one too! ;) And yeah I’m sorta bad that way huh? :P

Hanny
August 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Once again you manage to tempt, PB!! ^.^

Oh and a question Please!! HoW do you make blushes show up on you? Mine usually need layers and layers, even my Nars Deep Throat.
Hanny recently blogged…FOTD: Time For This Goth To Get A Little… Sparkly.My Profile

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Haha good to know I don’t disappoint ;) And I think blushes show up because I’m fair skinned to start with, so its easy for colour to show. I also find that a natural hair brush helps deposit colour better on skin. I’ll be sharing some thoughts on this soon but its turning out to be a thesis so I have to figure out how best to compose it :P

Nikki August 10, 2011 at 12:40 pm

No wonder you are in love with this blush! You look like a “glowing” bride-to-be! :) :P Seriously the shade makes you look so IN LOVE!

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 4:59 pm

hehe… don’t we wish eh? :D At least if the day ever comes, I know what blush I should be using! :D Thank you Nikki *hugs*

espenine August 10, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I think I am going to get another blush because of you again, Paris!

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Eeps! Guilty as charged! >.<

Marina (Makeup4all) August 10, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Such a lovely colour!
Marina (Makeup4all) recently blogged…Want Perfect Eye Brows? Try Anastasia Beverly HillsMy Profile

ParisB August 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm

It is, isn’t it? And so overlooked too!

Juan
August 11, 2011 at 8:55 am

i love the blush. i’m using rosebud, slightly darker pink shade :)
Juan recently blogged…Part 2: The ASUS Eee Pad TransformerMy Profile

ParisB August 11, 2011 at 10:22 am

Diorblush is such awesomeness right? :D Rosebud sounds like such a pretty name!

Ivone August 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Ive got vintage pink from this collection love it… m thinking if i should get pink in love too… but m afraid that i wont wear it as often

ParisB August 12, 2011 at 5:51 pm

If I recall correctly, Vintage Pink maybe a slightly lighter pink? If so, this is a good darker pink option :) But if you won’t be using it often then there’s no point :)

Nadia August 14, 2011 at 6:41 am

The blush and TF’s lippie looks awesome on you! I am yet to go by Dior’s counter to check out this collection, but you’re so right, that pink is just gorgeous. Hoping it’ll be a pink that’ll suit my medium skin tone.
Nadia recently blogged…Bourjois Volume Glamour Max MascaraMy Profile

lisa August 23, 2011 at 8:24 am

hello from a vancouver canada fan! would this blush look drying on older skins? i’ve been told you need cream blush for a dewier look! you look so beautiful with it on!!!!

ParisB August 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Thank you :) It won’t – the texture is very fine. Importantly, if your skin is well moisturized, you will be able to wear most powder products and you don’t need a lot so it won’t be cakey either.

nawi September 1, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I know what you mean, about be blush crazing. I already bought the vintage pink and love everything about it but after seeing yours and some other great reviews I went to the store and put this one on. And I’ve course loved it and had to buy it.
I think it many people underestimed how pretty this one looks on your skin because it looks bright in the pan but when putting it on your face I find its not too much at all. And it is much different tot the vintage pink so I can justify have both. Thanks for posting this.

ParisB September 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Hi Nawi, am glad you like this one too! Its such a gorgeous pop of colour on the skin that makes you look alive in an instant :D

vr su June 27, 2012 at 12:07 am

Lovely color. But i guess i prefer strawberry sorbet 943. Suit me better

Yasmin April 13, 2013 at 5:59 am

I have the thing I read blogs and reviews AFTER I buy something. Maybe to justify my splurge? I don’t know. But I loved reading this review I just picked up this blush today( and I own about 10pink blushes so I’m sure it’s not any different than the others-colour wise) but I absolutely love it!

April 16, 2013 at 6:00 pm