Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

in Blush,Cheap and Good?,Eyeshadow,Makeup,Palettes,Product Reviews

Freedom! I don’t know why that makes me think of the 70′s – bell bottom jeans, hippies, John Lennon glasses, holding hands going “Freeedommm!”

But anyway, Inglot’s Freedom System is precisely that. You have the freedom to choose the size of palette you want (smallest is a duo, largest holds 40 shadows), the colours you want, and arrange them in any manner you wish! I would prefer though if they could make palettes or pans for eyeshadows and blush fit into one compact palette. But I got around that! <- clever me *pats self on back*

inglot Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

Here are my Inglot Freedom System palettes. I got quads because I like the portability and flexibility it gives, and I liked the size too. Once I got 1 quad, it only made sense to get another so I could stack them. One note however, the quads, as well as the eyeshadow pans are actually rectangular not square. It looks like a square but it really isn’t. Sneaky! Got more pictures and swatches for you below.

Here’s how the palettes look like when stacked.

inglot freedom Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

Like so. Genius! They take up so little space – love it! You wouldn’t think there are 8 eyeshadows in this compact little stack, would you? And here’s another view. Spot the difference!

inglot freedom2 Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

You can keep stacking it as high as you want – the magnets are strong and they hold on tight. I tried bashing about the case a bit. It doesn’t budge once put together. Very nice!

You can’t stack different sized palettes though. They only stack up properly when the magnets are lined up and as this following picture will show, the 2 pan palette does not line up with the 4 pan palette and so they do not stack up properly. Boo!

inglot freedom3 Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

The semi-opaque cover is fixed with magnets at the corners. Actually, you can see right where the magnets are i.e. the shiny bits. And they are really really strong. So if they are so strong, how would you open the palette? To open, my suggestion is to slide it out from one corner – physics at work. Haah! didn’t see that coming did you? icon razz Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

inglot freedom4 Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

Once you separate the magnets from each other, they open up very easily. Try to pull it apart and you will have a problem on your hands. So slide…. The cover detaches fully but you can keep them on while you use the products by attaching them with the magnets as per the 1st picture above.

The first comment I had when I saw the pans was “Oh my! They are so big!” The pans are RM28 each. Taking size into consideration, that is RM28 very well spent. Each pan is large. The metal pan will stick to any magnetic palette so you don’t really need to buy the Inglot palettes. You can stick them into your own palette and save the money for even more eyeshadow pans. But I like things to look complete.

I’m repeating the 1st picture here for ease of reference.

inglot Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

The first palette I built is on the left. I knew what I wanted. I wanted a versatile palette that I could carry around easily with minimum fuss and which had to contain a light shade, dark shade and a blush. The blush pans however, are rectangular like Shu Uemura blush pans, and do not fit into the quads. So what did I do? I picked a matte peach-pink shade shadow and that, Ladies, is my blush! Its a very lovely colour on the skin and if I’m feeling terribly adventurous, I can also use it as eyeshadow! *pats self on back for being a genius* icon razz Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

inglot freedom6 Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

Inglot Freedom System eyeshadows: (1) 419 Pearl (olive green-brown with shimmer) (2) 45 Shine (sparkly yellow) (3) 361 matte (matte peach pink) (4) 451 Pearl (dark grey with shimmer)

The yellow shade also works wonderfully as an undereye highlight, and it plays very well with the olive green and the dark grey. You can wear it light for the day, or go dark for the evening. Best of all, because its compact, you can tote it around quite easily. I’m very happy with this palette and if you want to dupe it, get these shades icon wink Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

I built the other palette on the right because I couldn’t decide whether to get one of the shades – but I decided to because Sunway Pyramid is just too far for me to get to again and I wanted to maximise my time there.

inglot freedom7 Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

Inglot Freedom System eyeshadows : (1) 463 Double Shine (sparkly beige neutral) (2) 465 Double Shine (sparkly brown) (3) 460 Double Shine (sparkly taupe) (4) 467 Double Shine (sparkly beige) (5) 431 Pearl (shimmery light pink) (6) 434 Pearl (shimmery dark purple)

The light pink also acts as a highlighter for the eyes, to line the lower lid and as a very light pink blush. Actually it does not show up very pink on the skin, so it sort of failed in that last regard.

Texture wise, I echo the praise everyone has heaped on Inglot eyeshadows. Their quality belies their prices! They swatch very beautifully and very pigmented straight off the pan (all swatches here were done with just 1 swipe) and I personally prefer their shimmer shadows or even the sparkly Double Shine shadows. The matte colours, I feel, could do with a little more work because they look gorgeous in pan, but do not apply as smoothly.

The 4 pan palette retails at RM28 and each shadow retails at RM28 so a quad will set you back RM140. I have a duo which isn’t pictured here although you can see the swatches in the 2nd swatch picture (Swatches #1 and #2) and I think that is quite enough for one to tote around very easily and create multiple looks. I’ll show it to you in a separate post.

In a nutshell

Inglot Freedom System eyeshadows are very pigmented and offer very good value for money. They apply very smoothly and feel smooth to the touch but not too soft. They aren’t powdery and blend very easily. There is a very wide array of colours available in different textures – matte, shine, double shine and pearl. I feel the shimmer colours apply better than the matte colours which can be hit or miss. One blue matte shade was particularly disappointing being chalky and lacking pigment. The Freedom System palettes are very sturdy but only fit Inglot eyeshadows. The magnets are very strong and palettes of the same size stack up into a very compact system. Absolutely worth taking a look.

Pros: Pigmented blendable colours, Smooth texture, Shimmer shades apply very pigmented and blend very easily, Palettes are very sturdy and the magnet is very strong to hold everything in place, Palettes of similar shape can be stacked up into a very portable compact palette

Cons: Palettes of different sizes do not stack up evenly, Some matte eyeshadow shades are chalky and lack pigment, Palettes cannot fit eyeshadows and blush together, Colour names cannot be ascertained without removing the pan from the palette

That last con right there – did you see it? You won’t know what colours are in your palette unless you lift the pans out of the palette to see what’s printed underneath. That would be a pain if you plan to build another palette and do not want to duplicate your colours. So, what do you do? Let me show you icon wink Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

inglot freedom5 Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

The base of the palette is a matte black. All you need is a pencil to jot down the colour numbers on the back of your palette in accordance to how they are placed, et voila! Problem solved icon biggrin Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows The good thing about using a pencil is that you can easily erase it should you switch colours. Now say it with me – Genius! icon razz Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

So, have you gone and checked out the Inglot shadows yet? What size palette did you get? icon biggrin Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows I’m going to show you how I move my Freedom System eyeshadows around in a separate post – exciting stuff icon razz Break Free With The Inglot Freedom System And Freedom System Eyeshadows

Inglot Freedom System eyeshadow singles retail at RM28 each. The 4 pan palette retails at RM28 each. Inglot is only available at time of writing at the Inglot store at Sunway Pyramid.

August 17, 2011 at 9:01 am

Next trip – Sunway Pyramid!
Lily recently blogged…Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye PencilMy Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 9:49 am

You won’t regret it… your wallet might ;)

Tine
August 17, 2011 at 9:09 am

Oooh these are good. I have the 5-pan one that includes a large blush pan. Love the texture and colour payoff. Definitely worth the money, especially when you get to choose the colours that you want. Good for traveling too!
Tine recently blogged…Bloggie Wednesdays: Ask Me Anything!My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 9:53 am

The problem I found with the combined palettes is that they were so large :( Inglot should make square blush pans or just make the palette slimmer. Its a bit bulky as it is and I like how the colours are affordable so you don’t break the bank creating a pretty palette unlike with some other brands

Kel August 17, 2011 at 9:10 am

Genius of you to use the eye-shadow as blusher..i bought the 3 eyeshadow-1 blusher casing…which makes the casing a ‘longer’ rectangular…totally agree with you that the colours are very pigmented & so is the blusher :)

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

haha yes “genius” ;) I saw the combined palettes but they were too long/large for my preferences. Would be nice if they had something more compact eh?

xin
August 17, 2011 at 9:15 am

yeay for the shades! i really like the yellow :D
xin recently blogged…Sexy Tiger Stripes Nail Art featuring TiggerMy Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

Me too! I think its my favourite shade of the lot.

rinnah
August 17, 2011 at 9:24 am

I want… but I don’t need additional make-up… *groans and sits on itchy hands* :P
rinnah recently blogged…Steam CreamMy Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 9:55 am

There are duos that you can start with ;) hehe… *tempt tempt*

August 17, 2011 at 10:14 am

Lol Rinnah! I should bind my hands and feet and freeze my wallet! Or you can sit on my hands, I sit on yours, and we don’t budge!
Lily recently blogged…Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye PencilMy Profile

rinnah
August 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Lol! Sounds like playing Twister if you were to sit on my hands and I sit on your hands! :P
rinnah recently blogged…Steam CreamMy Profile

Stephy August 17, 2011 at 9:51 am

I love the first pan! Ohhh I love the colours!
So sad…it is not available in Penang again =(
Stephy recently blogged…What Catches My EyesMy Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 9:56 am

Nope, unfortunately not. But you now have an excuse to visit Sunway Pyramid if you come down to KL :D I’m personally waiting for them to open a store in KL. I haven’t been down to Sunway since I picked these up!

lyn
August 17, 2011 at 10:17 am

Well, you know by now that I’m a huge fan of Inglot eyeshadows :-) Love ‘em to bits! I was soooooooo tempted to get another 4-pan yesterday evening but I held off and got a gel liner instead.
lyn recently blogged…Favourite Five for JulyMy Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Ah yep! You have what? 3 quads already? :D They are good I have no doubt and I’m so glad its not nearby else I’d probably be there more often :)

Foong Jin August 17, 2011 at 10:39 am

After reading Connie’s post on the gel eyeliner, I purposely made a trip to Sunway Pyramid to pick up a black one (my 2 black gel liners have dried out within 1 month…terrible!)Then I got distracted by the pretty colours, swatched a few, and finally got the SA to teach me to do smokey eyes, and bought the lot of the shades to replicate. I do think they are definitely value for money, given the quality and size of the products! Now, I just have to find time to practice! :P

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm

You fell hook line and sinker! :D But I’m sure you aren’t disappointed at all right? ;) Now practice! You gotta slay the people you sit in meetings with ;)

Hanny
August 17, 2011 at 11:17 am

I’ve been wanting to get stuff from Inglot on and off ever since they launched. But now… I want their gel liners. >.< Eeeeks, the store stares at me whenever I'm at Sunway Pyramid. I probably hear it when I'm in campus, bwahahahaha. :D
Hanny recently blogged…AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 3:00 pm

I’ve heard they are very good but have yet to give it a go. Its not terribly pricey though – although that said, I’m very glad I’m not living or working anywhere near :P

nicoles mirror August 17, 2011 at 11:54 am

I LOVE INGLOT!!!!!! They are just amazing!
nicoles mirror recently blogged…Urban Decay SALE!!My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Thus far, based on what I’ve tried, I have to agree. Its value for money too.

Nikki August 17, 2011 at 11:57 am

I love the packaging! Perfect for make-up artists too as a lot of my shadows are taking up so much space on my train case!
Nikki recently blogged…Eureka Moment: One Shade Lighter?My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Oh yes indeed! These palettes are perfect for makeup artists like you because you can customize them and they don’t bash about easily!

Cynthia August 17, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I want to go KL now…. :((
Cynthia recently blogged…Swatches: MAC Semi-Precious Pearl Mineralize SkinfinishMy Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

You can drop by when you come back :)

beetrice
August 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm

ahhh…I’m gonna have to make a trip to Sunway one of these days just to see what the hype is all about – bad PB! sure will end up lightening my wallet…yet again…
beetrice recently blogged…Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss…My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 3:02 pm

hehe… well if you happen to be there, its worth taking a look lah. They do some nice purples ;)

gio August 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm

These palettes are so handy and I love the colors you chose. I need to get some Inglot eyeshadows soon too.
gio recently blogged…Can I use my child’s sunscreen?My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Yep! I think the 4 pan palettes are the perfect size, with the duos coming a close second. Are they easily available in Italy?

Jamilla Camel August 17, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I love Inglot shadows and powders! This may be a bit fiddly for me, but I will take another look when I next pay a visit to the Inglot store!

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Inglot is amazing for the quality and the price :) The palettes aren’t fiddly, but trying to depot them is! :D I read there is only one Inglot store in the UK? If so, we’re even :P

Marina (Makeup4all) August 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I really love the shades you’ve chosen. Beautiful!
Marina (Makeup4all) recently blogged…Max Factor Elexir Boutique Range for Fall 2011My Profile

ParisB August 17, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Thank you Marina – glad you approve! ;)

Esther August 19, 2011 at 11:39 am

OMG Paris, U ARE ABSOLUTELY A GENIUS! :)
Thanks so much for this post – the sliding open of the cover, using a eye shadow shade as a blush and using a pencil to write the numbers of the shades behind the palette, BRILLIANT! :)

ParisB August 19, 2011 at 3:57 pm

LOL! Thank you thank you :P

giddy tigress
August 19, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Oooookay…I’m gonna add this one to my growing list of must-haves and Christmas pressies :)

ParisB August 20, 2011 at 12:16 pm

hehe… its not terribly pricey too! :D

Aishuz August 21, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Do you have to buy all 4 colours for the palette at the same time, or can it be bought a few at a time?

ParisB August 21, 2011 at 12:59 pm

You can buy as many or as few as you like :)

madii1984 February 10, 2012 at 7:50 am

hi!! i dont know if you know, but inglot DOES has palettes where you can put in eyeshadow AND blush together. maybe you dont have them in asia? i am from poland. you can even have eyeshadow, blush, AND powder :)