in Eyeshadow,Palettes

When I fall, I fall hard.

I’m not one for purples for the eyes, but this Laura Mercier palette called out to me, pulled at my heartstrings and when I checked it out at the Laura Mercier counter in Bangsar Village II last night, screamed at me to “BUY ME!”  I’d had a bad day so resolve was weak icon razz Taking the Silk Road trail with Laura Mercier Eye and Cheek Palette for Spring 2011

So I put the palette out of its misery and bought it hehe…

laura mercier silk road Taking the Silk Road trail with Laura Mercier Eye and Cheek Palette for Spring 2011

Here’s the Laura Mercier Silk Road Eye and Cheek palette which is limited edition for Spring 2011. Limited Edition. Don’t you just HATE that phrase? This should be a permanent palette, IMO!

I’m going to give this a whirl over the weekend but I wanted to show you the pictures first.

Its very pretty and I adore all the colours (the purples are cool enough so I don’t look like I have a bruise!) and I especially love the blushes and the taupe eyeshadow. I like how all the colours have names, don’t you? Its so much easier to identify names than to say “The second eyeshadow from the top right paired with the blush from the left”

laura mercier silk road3 Taking the Silk Road trail with Laura Mercier Eye and Cheek Palette for Spring 2011

laura mercier silk road2 Taking the Silk Road trail with Laura Mercier Eye and Cheek Palette for Spring 2011

Interestingly, this is my first Laura Mercier colour item! The tinted moisturiser isn’t counted. So it’ll be interesting to see how it fares.

Have you come across this one? Or might you like a palette like this? Have you tried any of Laura Mercier’s colour products? icon smile Taking the Silk Road trail with Laura Mercier Eye and Cheek Palette for Spring 2011

The Laura Mercier Silk Road Eye and Cheek Palette is Limited Edition and retails at RM179. Not sure where you can find LM counters but mine came from Bangsar Village 2.

Reese March 9, 2011 at 2:41 pm

I wanted to stray away from your fb post on this palette, and wanted to tell you, I hate you for making me look at this.

Would like to see how the lavender silk turn out, as lighter purple shades hate me , the blushes look pretty, wonder if ice pink is a bit too sheer.

ParisB March 9, 2011 at 3:37 pm

:( Don’t hate meee…. :P The blushes are very pretty. The Ice Pink is rather sheer and more of a highlighter with a light pink tint. The SA told me I could apply it over the peachier blush. I’ll bring swatches soon!

Charlene March 9, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Yay to swatches! Hehe :D

ParisB March 9, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Coming soon! Need to find the time lol! :)

Hanny
March 9, 2011 at 2:43 pm

Its purdy!
Hanny recently blogged…FOTD- Golden Berry On The GoMy Profile

Denise
March 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Very pretty! Can’t wait to see your looks from this palette :)
Denise recently blogged…Sibling AnecdotesMy Profile

ParisB March 9, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I’ll try to bring some swatches soon since this is limited edition. Will work on it over the weekend… if I’m not having too much fun LOL!

Kel March 9, 2011 at 4:47 pm

I like the casing, looks so sleek

eliza March 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm

looks like a quality notebook~! it will be a pity to throw away if finish using the products

eliza March 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm

*using the colors in the palette

ParisB March 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm

You do realise that’ll take a while? ;) its certainly sleek packaging and slim. Perfect for toting around although I’d be careful about dropping it

lavender March 9, 2011 at 9:49 pm

Oh, this palette is so pretty. I love purples. Show us an EOTD when you are free. thanks!

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 9:07 am

Yeah I couldn’t resist the colours. Which is pretty unusual of me hehe… Will try to get some pics soon

Rudi March 9, 2011 at 9:59 pm

OMG, that’s gorgeous!

I’m with Reese, I hate you too for showing this and making me drool :-(

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 9:08 am

:( will a bib help mop up drool? ;)

milktea March 9, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Omg! I was just about to surf for this after seeing it in the March issue of CittaBella! Now I have an insane urge to get it before it’s sold out! Which could very well happen now that you’ve featured it here…! ;-)

And… it’s under RM200. :-) Alamak. To go somewhere with a LM counter tomorrow or wait for weekend…..?

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 9:10 am

I know! I was surprised at the price too. Pretty good value for a useable palette and 4 shadows and 2 blushes. I don’t think it’ll run out that quickly though. LM doesn’t get much attention ;)

Connie De Alwis
March 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Oh, it does scream “buy me!” Even though I’m not a very huge purple person, that regal violet really stands out! Can’t wait to see some looks from it!

AnT March 10, 2011 at 12:10 am

Wow nice palette! Imprinted the names of the colours, nice! :D I guess it’s also available at Laura Mercier counter @ pavilion & Robinsons-Gardens? :P

I am loving their Secret Brightening powder to bits :D

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 9:15 am

Yes! Thanks for letting us know where other LM counters are. I never pay attention :P Is the Secret Brightening powder the silica one? I have that one but for some reason it doesn’t draw me in much. How do you use it?

gio March 10, 2011 at 1:11 am

That’s a very pretty palette! I love purples. :)
gio recently blogged…QOTW- Do you prefer your lipglosses to be sheer or pigmentedMy Profile

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 9:19 am

Purples don’t usually grab me but I was eyeing the Clarins Neo Pastels palette and this. Decided to get this coz its got blush :) do you have LM in Italy? Am sure you will right?

juan
March 10, 2011 at 6:26 am

i love the last christmas palette i got from laura mercier. still not finished with it and their colour transfer is really good.

this one’s so cantik also lah… damn.
juan recently blogged…Kiehls – A Favourite Beauty DestinationMy Profile

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 9:21 am

I went to look la coz I remembered your pretty palette! Was happy this one had no cream products. If it had I might not have succumbed ;) Glad to know the colors are good. This is the first time I’m trying LM colour!

domncroxd
March 10, 2011 at 10:04 am

I loved the Sephora palette :)
domncroxd recently blogged…Keep Your Eyes Peeled- Upcoming Bobbi Brown DealMy Profile

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 11:55 am

Goodness! Totally slipped through my radar – do you have a link to that one? :)

Foong Jin March 10, 2011 at 10:49 am

It’s really really pretty! I don’t usually like palettes, but the dark purple and the ice pink blusher is very gorgeous….I may make this my first palette, depending on your review later on. :P

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 11:55 am

It sure looks good right? And potentially work friendly too! Well… if you are the office bound sort ;) I’ll try to work on a review stat!

ksuan March 10, 2011 at 11:53 am

Oh, so beautiful. And so feminine, but more towards elegant as opposed to girly! The packaging is quite classy too.

The blushes look very shimmery though, especially Persian Rose with its very golden sheen. Can’t wait to see a full review of this palette from you, Paris!

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 11:59 am

YES! Its not girly and I love that :D The blushes do tend towards having shimmer based on the swatches I took at the counter. But its nice shimmer… if you get my meaning hehe… Gosh! So much interest in this one. I’ll have to rush it out won’t I? :)

Jess March 10, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I have been staring at their advert in magazines for the longest time!!! All the colors are so pretty.. I have feeling that they are saying “Buy Me” too !!!
Jess recently blogged…Introduction of Burberry beauty products &amp SwatchesMy Profile

ParisB March 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Yeah. I was eyeing this ever since I saw it pop up online and I’m glad it doesn’t disappoint in person!

Rozae March 18, 2011 at 1:08 pm

The colors are gorgeous, but I want to see swatches?

ParisB March 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Please check back soon – I will have a review post up soon.