Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel claims to Fulfill All Your Wishes!

in Cheap and Good?,Makeup Remover,Product Reviews

I picked this one up from Majolica Majorca one day a few months ago simply because I had no idea what it was. Eyes Reset Gel that “Fulfills All Your Wishes”. What on earth do you think it is?

majolica eyes reset Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel claims to Fulfill All Your Wishes!

It turns out that this mysterious resetting gel that fulfills wishes like a genie, is actually an eye makeup remover. Could have fooled me! I thought I could just rub the tube and have a genie appear and “fulfill all my wishes” icon razz Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel claims to Fulfill All Your Wishes!

So as I said, it turns out this is an eye makeup remover, or specifically, a mascara remover. Majolica Majorca mascara are notoriously hard to remove (I tried one of the mascara but had no problems with removal using regular cleansing oil) and I guess with the reputation it gained for having mascara that holds fast to lashes, they needed to create a product to remove it.

The product squeezes out a thick gel. The instructions say that you are to use it with dry hands and on dry skin. Sounds familiar? Yep. Its the same way you use cleansing oil.

So I did.

majolica eyes reset3 Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel claims to Fulfill All Your Wishes!

I squeezed out some gel, applied it with my fingers to the eye area, massaged it for a few minutes (it becomes quite emollient upon contact with the skin) and then was at a bit of a loss. Do I tissue it off? Do I wash it off? I was only doing my eye area. What about the rest of my face?

In the end, I settled for using a tissue to wipe off the gel. It seemed to do its job. It got rid of eye makeup and mascara well enough but it left behind a greasy residue on my skin and when it gets into my eyes my vision gets blurred. No matter. I was going to wash my face anyway so it wasn’t too much of a bother.

What was a bother was having to clean just my eye area with this product, when I usually do my whole face with cleansing oil and get it all off at one go. So, I thought that since it worked like a cleansing oil, I could try using it as a makeup remover all over my face! Smart right?

Wrong. It isn’t liquid enough to use all over your face so you end up using a lot. It also does not clean the facial skin as well as regular cleansing gels or oils do. It sits on the skin and leaves a sticky gel residue that really bugged me. It does not emulsify very well too with water.

majolica eyes reset2 Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel claims to Fulfill All Your Wishes!

So, lets just say that I’m not sure what to make of this product. Its too much of a bother to use on its own just for the eyes. It leaves behind a greasy residue I dislike and it doesn’t do more than what my regular cleansing oil already does.

What it does very well, is get rid of spot mistakes. Perhaps you’ve applied mascara and gotten it all over your lower lid. This Eyes Reset Gel does a good job of getting rid of the problem without mussing up the rest of your makeup. But then, so does a regular face primer.

So yeah. I’m not sure what to make of it at all

Pros: Removes eye makeup and mascara well enough, Removes spot makeup mistakes, Gel in a tube is handy to use

Cons: Leaves a greasy residue on the skin, Too much of a bother to use if you already use cleansing oils

Have you tried the Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel and does it “fulfill all your wishes”? As you can see, it failed to fulfill mine in a spectacular way.

Majolica Majorca Eyes Reset Gel retails at RM29.90 at Majolica Majorca counters at Watson’s and Sasa stores nationwide. Get it when it goes on sale.

LeGeeque January 27, 2011 at 8:36 am

That’s a shame! Actually, to remove mascara from the lower lid, I usually wait till it’s dried off and use a cotton bud to pick the flakes off. It doesn’t take too long in this dry weather but it does take a little bit of waiting.

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 10:15 am

I do the same most times too! Most mascara can be removed quite easily once they dry on the skin – I just had to find a way to use this silly gel :(

nia
January 28, 2011 at 9:28 am

Hehe. I like your comment! “Find a way to use this silly gel”

Thank you Paris for reviewing this. You made a lot of sense and totally squashed all my lemmings to buy this item :D

xin
January 27, 2011 at 8:51 am

i saw this too and luckily i didnt buy it :P
xin recently blogged…Keep your cables neat – Velcro Strap for Cables from DaisoMy Profile

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 10:15 am

Yes indeed! Curiousity killed this cat.

Nikki January 27, 2011 at 9:12 am

OH WOW, I thought it was an eye cream that magically *poofs* your under eye circles or puffiness!

Wow, that looks painful to use! Although I’ve used the Cream-like texture of Kiehl’s Supremely Gentle makeup remover (this works so well), I am scared to use this!

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 10:15 am

You would think so right? Its such a bum product!

Natalie January 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

Haha, I could just picture you wishing for Birkin! :p
So you can’t just drop this on a cotton pad and blot the eye makeup out?
Since I’ve started wearing a waterproof mascara, I am using Biotherm Biocils anti lash loss cleanser to remove my eye makeup. No oily residue and at least I don’t feel I am stripping my precious lashes! lol

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 10:17 am

Yes! I held it in my hands and went “Oh great genie of the Eyes Reset Gel grant me an orange Birkin!” But nothing appeared. You can’t go the cotton pad route because it works like a cleansing oil and I much prefer those liquidy type eye makeup removers anyway.

Natalie January 27, 2011 at 11:14 am

LOL.. Well, does it come with a return policy, if your wishes don’t come true? ;)

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 11:33 am

Hah! I wish :( Luckily it was a cheap experiment :P Oh and trying to be clever and using it all over my face? Big mistake :P

Natalie January 27, 2011 at 12:33 pm

You must have a tiny face! I don’t think the whole tube will cover my entire face :D BTW, I got to try Lingerie de Peau and I am in love! I like it better than Sheer Glow. The only annoying thing is the lightest shades (01, 31, 32 etc) are not available in US & AUST!

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Au Contraire I have a huge face. Squeezed out about half the tube LOL! Lingerie de Peau is sooo amazing! I ended up getting Nars Sheer Matte. I sorta regret it :( I’m a Mont Blanc but in Sheer Glow Mont Blanc oxidised something awful!

Natalie January 27, 2011 at 1:36 pm

LOL… lucky it is only a cheapie :D What shade are you for Lingerie de Peau? Eek… I have a problem with Sheer Matte! It is so hard to blend and it also tends to sit on my pores.. I bought Beauty Blender and it works really well with Sheer Glow, but then with Lingerie, I don’t have to do anything!

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 7:19 pm

I’m 01 in Lingerie de Peau I think. I’m still trying to work Sheer Matte. But you’re right. With Lingerie I just use my hands and tada! Flawless finish. Sigh… definite mark of quality that one.

Hanny
January 27, 2011 at 10:41 am

And I thought that it came with a mascara wand to remove mascara!!!! Also I hoped that it was able to get me 10 pairs of Louboutins… ^.^ haih
Hanny recently blogged…We’re ONE!My Profile

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 11:32 am

Ah see… another wish unfulfilled! ;)

Cynthia January 27, 2011 at 11:02 am

I personally find this quite good. As in good to remove my false lashes and any makeup mistake done. It’s very hard to find a product to remove mistake right? Especially on eyes area. But in the terms of removing makeup, my normal makeup remover does it better.
Cynthia recently blogged…Review- Elisha Coy BB CreamMy Profile

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 11:33 am

Glad to know it works for you. I usually just cover up mistakes – its easier than removing and staring over LOL! :D

Adrianna January 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I got this tube after a painful episode of using Majolica mascara only to find out I have none waterproof makeup remover while on business trip. Small enough to toss into a makeup bag while travelling as I clean off makeup using facial wipes followed by cleansing foam. It’s more convenient for me :)

ParisB January 27, 2011 at 1:24 pm

That’s a good point! It might make a good travel partner :)

Charlene January 27, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I don’t use mascara due to the difficulty in removing :(

And the makeup remover i used makes my vision blurry for a while which i find somewhat annoying altho it lasts only a while.

ParisB January 28, 2011 at 9:22 am

I actually have very good luck with using just the regular L’Oreal Eye and Lip Makeup remover. It removes all my eye makeup and mascara without blurry eyes and hassle. Works on most including the stubborn mascara

Shay January 27, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I almost hate this mascara remover. Makes my eyes real blurry!

ParisB January 28, 2011 at 9:24 am

Yeah and the blurriness doesn’t go away as quickly as it does with cleansing oil :(

Natalie January 28, 2011 at 10:23 am

You are 01? I thought you’d be 30 or 31! Haha you are so hands-on Paris!!! You apply everything with your hands.. You must be good at cooking :)

ParisB January 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I think its 01. I can’t remember these things :P And yes I apply everything with my hands coz I’m lazy to wash brushes LOL I do cook. Not good but excellent! haha… kidding ;)

reeder February 1, 2011 at 3:54 am

I think I’ll stick to Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara Remover then. It has a wand to coat the lashes with and you can always just grab a dallop off the wand with a q-tip for spot corrections. It fulfills the wish to get my mascara off.
Apply. Close eyes. Wait a few seconds. Tissue off. Wash face with chosen cleanser.

Jenn September 5, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I actually bought this one because Majolica Majorca’s Lash Expander just won’t budge with my regular makeup remover! It works :)